HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sens shopping Robin Lehner and eyeing Malcom Subban

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Kadri for Lehner + 2nd Murray was interested in Kadri at the 09 draft, but Burke took him 1st. You could also add Rynnas and change the 2nd into a 1st.
Dont have a second to give and no thank you.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:26 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
There are TWO spots on the roster for goalies... 3 if you want to count being an AHL starter. We have all those spots filled, and want draft ANOTHER goalie with a 1st round pick...
Even if we were to draft Subban with our first pick... Which we haven't, by the way, since the draft is not for a few weeks. But even if we were... Subban has two more years of Junior eligibility left.

Quote:
Lehner isnt making the team next year, and Anderson is singed for 2 more years after that.

2012-2013: Anderson + Bishop
2013-2014: Anderson + Bishop
2014-2015: Anderson + Bishop
2015-2016: Subban + Bishop

Subban would have 3 full years to develop, and theres no way in hell Lehner waits that long. Anderson has been really good for us too.
It might not happen, but you cant say it doesnt make sense. Especially considering the return we could currently get on Lehner.
I must have missed the part where we signed Bishop for 4 more years... Do you have any of your fabled "sources" about this? Any more completely speculative articles from Big Brucie that you want to pass off as "inside sources" and "rumours"?

Old
06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Again...
1. Lehener being shopped IS NOT ANYTHING NEW... its been proposed before, as far back as the Bishop trade.

2. "Subban was a guy the organization was extremely high on" is the key here.

The rumor is based on the RUMOR that the Sens like Subban and could draft him.
Based on that RUMOR, does it not make sense that they trade Lehner? I mean, cmon... lol... its really not that difficult to piece together here...

People are proposing Pat Kane trades because he partied hard, and some guys in Philly got traded for that reason. I dont get why im getting my balls busted for a realistic scenario here... lol
HF proposal =/= real life proposal

Stop trying to create something out of nothing.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Yeah, this isn't a rumour at all. Speculation at best.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Pilgore88

Looked up Lehner being shopped on google, turned up 1 result, and it was this thread.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Philoops
I am Potato

Quote:
You are simply trolling at this point...

There are TWO spots on the roster for goalies... 3 if you want to count being an AHL starter. We have all those spots filled, and want draft ANOTHER goalie with a 1st round pick...

Thats a completely different situation because both Noesen and Grigerson could make the team at some point. Do you seriously think Lehner and Subban will be our starter and backup?

I said what I said, and if you disagree then fine, but dont try and look smart by changing my words. It isnt working

Lehner isnt making the team next year, and Anderson is singed for 2 more years after that.

2012-2013: Anderson + Bishop
2013-2014: Anderson + Bishop
2014-2015: Anderson + Bishop
2015-2016: Subban + Bishop

Subban would have 3 full years to develop, and theres no way in hell Lehner waits that long. Anderson has been really good for us too.
It might not happen, but you cant say it doesnt make sense. Especially considering the return we could currently get on Lehner.
You are saying you are up for trading a prospect we've been developing for a while for basically a lesser prospect when there really is no need... Bishop and Anderson are more likely to be traded than Lehner. Andy probably gets traded at the end of next season, allowing Lehner to take the starting job backed by Bishop. If Lehner is ready that is...

Old
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Again...
1. Lehener being shopped IS NOT ANYTHING NEW... its been proposed before, as far back as the Bishop trade.
Are you seriously equating proposals on this message board with a guy actually "being shopped"? Seriously?

Quote:
The rumor is based on the RUMOR that the Sens like Subban and could draft him.
Based on that RUMOR, does it not make sense that they trade Lehner? I mean, cmon... lol... its really not that difficult to piece together here...
No, it really doesn't. It's called "grasping at straws".

What you really need to do here is have this thread changed from "Rumour" to "Speculation", because you speculating that the Sens drafting Subban somehow has some bearing on Lehner is just that... speculation. Not rumour.

Quote:
People are proposing Pat Kane trades because he partied hard, and some guys in Philly got traded for that reason. I dont get why im getting my balls busted for a realistic scenario here... lol
Fine, put "proposal" in front of your thread and we can all ignore it. Just don't call it a rumour based on a SensChirp article that you completely misquote, and a poorly written Big Bruce article that you completely (purposefully?) misinterpret.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:32 PM
benjiv1

I think Bishop gets traded before Lehner IMO. Lehner is 5 years younger and has much higher potential than Bishop.

If anything, I could see the Sens flipping Bishop+ for another 1st Round Pick, and then drafting Subban with that pick.

It's only one interview, and for all we know it could be a bit of missdirection.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I understand the sentiment, I didn't really understand the acquisition and subsequent 1 year deal for Bishop, but I think Lehner's their guy - and if they do move Lehner, it'll be in a package for a big time player like Nash (hypothetically). I think Bishop will be traded way before Lehner is.

That's my take and it's all IMO, but I stand by it.
Fair enough... It makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Assuming that we are trading Lehner because we talked to a goalie prospect, whom it is very likely we will not draft is one foolish thing.

Assuming you have to trade a goalie prospect if you want to bring in a new one, another foolish thing.

Why can't we have both? Subban has 2 more years in the O. For all we know we could have traded Bishop, or Anderson by then.

Both guys don't need to make the team at the same time
1. So, me assuming we might daft a guy we are "very high on", is less foolish that saying we are "very unlikely" to draft him? lol. Your logic is flawed bud..

2. Its not Foolish when you have a starter, a young backup, and a prospect already. I personally dont think its foolish to think LA wont be drafting Subban or Vasilevski when they already have Quick, Bernier and Gibson. Having too much of a good thing is never a bad thing, but why skip on something we need (D prospects) to get a surplus of something else?
Its common sense

3. You are correct here, but Lehner's value cannot be ignored. Ottawa is a playoff team, and trading him for assets may be the better option. Maybe it isnt, but thats why its a RUMOR and not a fact.

4. If both guys were to make the team, one of them would have to go anyways, so why draft Subban at all? Why pass on Maata (example) for a guy you dont want or need (assuming they want and need Lehner)

Old
06-12-2012, 08:35 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Quote:
Yes, I lied... http://m.ottawasun.com/2012/05/29/fi...ould-be-traded

Just because it doesnt say that in the single source i mentioned, doesnt mean im lying... geez

Ottawa is eyeing a goalie, and they already have 3. Lehner's name has been mentioned before in trade talks... 1+1=2 bud

might I suggest change it from rumour to speculation due to the fact you have made an assumption on a certain level

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
benjiv1

Quote:

1. So, me assuming we might daft a guy we are "very high on", is less foolish that saying we are "very unlikely" to draft him? lol. Your logic is flawed bud..

2. Its not Foolish when you have a starter, a young backup, and a prospect already. I personally dont think its foolish to think LA wont be drafting Subban or Vasilevski when they already have Quick, Bernier and Gibson. Having too much of a good thing is never a bad thing, but why skip on something we need (D prospects) to get a surplus of something else?
Its common sense

3. You are correct here, but Lehner's value cannot be ignored. Ottawa is a playoff team, and trading him for assets may be the better option. Maybe it isnt, but thats why its a RUMOR and not a fact.

4. If both guys were to make the team, one of them would have to go anyways, so why draft Subban at all? Why pass on Maata (example) for a guy you dont want or need (assuming they want and need Lehner)
But where is the source of the Rumour? Without a source, rumours are just speculation.

Example: Lehner and Karlsson just had dinner the other night in Sweden. That must mean they are really good friends. Karlsson wont sign a new contract if his really good friend gets traded.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:

Its common sense

Exactly. We haven't drafted him you know. I would say there is a 90 percent chance we don't draft him. Just because sens chirp says we are high on him. We were also high on Beau Bennett, also high on Nic Jensen. I am supremely confident if both guys are available at 15 we take Mattaa without thinking twice.

And you realize we are very high on many prospects. Not just Subban.

How is it you believe this proves we are passing on a d to draft a goalie? You just assume?

Old
06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Exactly. We haven't drafted him you know. I would say there is a 90 percent chance we don't draft him. Just because sens chirp says we are high on him. We were also high on Beau Bennett, also high on Nic Jensen. I am supremely confident if both guys are available at 15 we take Mattaa without thinking twice.

And you realize we are very high on many prospects. Not just Subban.
THIS.

Did anyone here one word about the Sens liking Noesen before the draft last year?

Old
06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
You are saying you are up for trading a prospect we've been developing for a while for basically a lesser prospect when there really is no need... Bishop and Anderson are more likely to be traded than Lehner. Andy probably gets traded at the end of next season, allowing Lehner to take the starting job backed by Bishop. If Lehner is ready that is...
So me saying Lehner could be traded because we draft Subban is bad, but saying we trade our starting goalie isnt?

Jesus Christ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Yeah, this isn't a rumour at all. Speculation at best.
I would agree, if I didnt already hear about all the trade talk previously.

To me its a rumor, but to those who dont know the rest of the story, sure... its speculation. We can change the thread if you like... doesnt bother me one bit.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
THIS.

Did anyone here one word about the Sens liking Noesen before the draft last year?
Did anyone have anything about Karlsson? We moved up to take him, and yet... nothing.

Did anyone have anything about Cowen?

Like you said, moving up to take Noesen was a jaw-dropper. Nobody had that.

Nobody even knew who Wiercioch, Silfverberg and Lehner (our recent 2nd round picks) were before we drafted them.

Really the only prospect we had any inkling the Sens were interested in getting was Zibanejad, and that mostly because the Sens were trying to build up hype for the draft. For the most part the Murray regime has been pretty good about keeping things under wraps.

It's like starting a "rumour" that the Sens are going to trade up for Yakupov because they interviewed him at the draft. It's completely ridiculous.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

This is not a credible site for HFboards standards.

Closed.