HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi-cbj

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Frodo Baggins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Keep Van Riemsdyk in Philadelphia; we'll take Voracek back.

Jack Johnson has already become one of those guys who won't move without overpaying. Nash has been at that level. I strongly doubt that Van Riemsdyk, Read, Couturier, and a low first-rounder are going to be a worthwhile return. That immediately depletes the Columbus defense dramatically, as well as the scoring up front. It doesn't address the goaltending situation one bit.
Howson would never trade back for Voracek. That's GM suicide to trade a player then try to get him back the very next season. That will not happen.

ALSO Voracek is a RFA this year. The flyers won't sign him and then trade him months later. Holmgren made some ballsy moves in the past but isn't that stupid.

Old
06-12-2012, 07:58 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
Not sure what to list this under, (a little new to the site) but this could be a proposal if you don't want to believe this "******* ********" character on twitter. I don't tend to follow all of these anonymous tweeters but this guy actually broke a few minor deals that occured on the deadline.

Take this as a proposal if you'd rather haha.
but these are his latest posts...
Kind of interesting/a big trade if the flyers are actually considering this.

http://cl.ly/473y0a3X1g3J1d171Q45/Sc...59.53%20PM.png

According to this guy or fraud, whatever, the flyers are looking at Nash (no surprise) and Jack Johnson. Apparently their after Jack Johnson in the deal because Suter doesn't want to sign in Philly at all and negotiations for Enstrom aren't working.

Also, since the thought of adding Jack Johnson in the Nash package is making CBJ more hesistant, the flyers are trying to acquire the 2nd overall pick if not.

Sorry guys, this dude could be a complete fraud who has absolutely no life but the proposal seems like a pretty decent one...

enjoy.

Some if not all of these apparently. Guessing it would vary if they can't get Johnson in the package and the 2nd pick instead.

PHI:

JVR
Read
Couturier
1st 2012 pick

CBJ:

Nash
Jack Johnson OR 2nd overall pick 2012

THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT?

only player i would want is couturier and then i wouldnt give up more than #2 for him if that

jack is going nowhere and i think he'd be phillys best defender now that Pronger is questionable and Timmo is slowing down

no interest in this at all

Old
06-12-2012, 08:10 PM
CTU2fan

Odd think about this deal is not only do I not really want to do it from a Flyers standpoint (because of all the salary, particularly in Nash's case), I also don't see why Columbus would. I love Couturier, but JvR at this point is a wild card, Read is a nice player and generally underrated because of his age but he's not an impact guy, and a late 1st is, well, a late 1st. If I'm Columbus I keep JJ, make the pick at #2, and trade Nash alone for the best player (quality, not quantity) I can find. Say to one of the losing Parise bidders.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:26 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
It would be stupid of Howson to trade a newly acquired fan favourite who wants to stay in Columbus. If they're not rebuilding but just retooling, Johnson fits the plan(young but established and has many years left on his contract).

Old
06-12-2012, 08:44 PM
tryce91
Rookie User

going to be very dissapointed if couts is traded

Old
06-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT?

only player i would want is couturier and then i wouldnt give up more than #2 for him if that

jack is going nowhere and i think he'd be phillys best defender now that Pronger is questionable and Timmo is slowing down

no interest in this at all
Worst trade proposal ever....Philly would be loaded until Bryz flames out in the playoffs...

The real proposal should be:

Schenn or Couturier, Voracek or JVR, + First round pick for Nash (minimum offer).

Forget Johnson (fan favorite or 2nd overall)

Old
06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
boodangleroo28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Worst trade proposal ever....Philly would be loaded until Bryz flames out in the playoffs...

Schenn or Couturier, Voracek or JVR, + First round pick for Nash (minimum offer).

Your out of your mind if you think that would be a minimum offer for Nash. An A prospect, a former 2nd overall pick( who has experienced bad luck but still has all the potential to become a very similar player to Nash, and the 20th overall?

Name any player of the past 5 years who has received a minimum offer like that for a player who is overpaid and has already requested a trade.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodangleroo28 View Post
Your out of your mind if you think that would be a minimum offer for Nash. An A prospect, a former 2nd overall pick( who has experienced bad luck but still has all the potential to become a very similar player to Nash, and the 20th overall?

Name any player of the past 5 years who has received a minimum offer like that for a player who is overpaid and has already requested a trade.
Most recent rumors are the "minimum" outline of a package Howson is looking to trade Nash for is 2 NHL players (at least 1 top-6 forward) + a 1st + a significant (A) prospect.

Those have been pretty much consistent since the trade deadline when the rumored asking price from New York was some insane amount and the Rangers countered.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Most recent rumors are the "minimum" outline of a package Howson is looking to trade Nash for is 2 NHL players (at least 1 top-6 forward) + a 1st + a significant (A) prospect.
Translation: Nash isn't being traded.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

HAHA, you're ridiculous. CBJ won't trade BACK for voracek after one season. And the flyers wont trade him months after they figure out a new deal for the RFA.

Nice try, bud

Old
06-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Translation: Nash isn't being traded.
JVR = top 6 player

Read = good nhl player

1st round pick

Couturier = A prospect........

Old
06-12-2012, 09:51 PM
feedingschennzy

I dont know why Columbus would want to trade with us again. Seriously, we fleeced them once, but if we pull something off without losing coots or schenn, oh my god...

Old
06-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

This guy isnt even close to being legit. I laugh at anyone who is considering this as possible. Its even more hilarious that the thought is CBJ trading JJ...hes the future captain. Nash wont leave for Philly for anything less than Schenn Bob 1st.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Jack Johnson = 2nd overall?
Yes, considering that's what Jim Rutherford offered Shero for the #2 overall in 2006

To the OP, I don't think Columbus does it. Not worth it for them.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:57 PM
hockeyfreak7

I am definitely sympathetic towards CBJ fans, but they can not be expecting the world for Nash.

When a player asks for a trade and it goes public, his value goes down. Especially with a contract like Nash's, there will not be a bidding war.

If Holmgren could get JJ or the 2nd overall pick in the deal, I'd be comfortable giving up Schenn...not Couturier, though.

Nash
1st (2nd overall)

for

Schenn
JVR
Bobrovsky
1st (20th overall)

I would start with that offer, and work around it if I was Holmgren.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
I dont know why Columbus would want to trade with us again. Seriously, we fleeced them once, but if we pull something off without losing coots or schenn, oh my god...
Not really. You look at it this way it was actually Voracek and 8th overall for JJ and 2013 1st rounder (assuming they dont use the 1st rounder this year). Dont say it was Jake and Couts bc you guys got lucky with him falling and the deal was finalized before he was drafted.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
This guy isnt even close to being legit. I laugh at anyone who is considering this as possible. Its even more hilarious that the thought is CBJ trading JJ...hes the future captain. Nash wont leave for Philly for anything less than Schenn Bob 1st.
Do you honestly think Schenn is more valuable than JVR? Particularly to Columbus, who has Johanson and Brassard?

I think the Flyers do that pretty easily. THey would prefer it to be JVR for Salary reasons, but they can always flip him to... Toronto.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Not really. You look at it this way it was actually Voracek and 8th overall for JJ and 2013 1st rounder (assuming they dont use the 1st rounder this year). Dont say it was Jake and Couts bc you guys got lucky with him falling and the deal was finalized before he was drafted.
IT wouldn't look that much better for Columbus if it was Voracek and Hamilton....

Old
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I am definitely sympathetic towards CBJ fans, but they can not be expecting the world for Nash.

When a player asks for a trade and it goes public, his value goes down. Especially with a contract like Nash's, there will not be a bidding war.

If Holmgren could get JJ or the 2nd overall pick in the deal, I'd be comfortable giving up Schenn...not Couturier, though.

Nash
1st (2nd overall)

for

Schenn
JVR
Bobrovsky
1st (20th overall)

I would start with that offer, and work around it if I was Holmgren.
You need to add more. That minus JVR might get you Nash not another huge asset like the 2nd overall. You're close and its respectable but not really worth it for CBJ. Quite frankly, Philly doesnt want to give up the assets Howson would ask for this to happen.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
JVR = top 6 player

Read = good nhl player

1st round pick

Couturier = A prospect........
All of those pieces simply are not moving for just Nash. It won't happen.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Do you honestly think Schenn is more valuable than JVR? Particularly to Columbus, who has Johanson and Brassard?

I think the Flyers do that pretty easily. THey would prefer it to be JVR for Salary reasons, but they can always flip him to... Toronto.
Yes I do. JVR is, as another CBJ poster has posted, everything Nash's haters say Nash is (lazy, overpaid, injury prone, big doesnt use his size). I much rather have a hardworker in Schenn who could help change that mentality in CBJ. Give me Schenn over JVR any day.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
IT wouldn't look that much better for Columbus if it was Voracek and Hamilton....
You are missing the point. It was a top ten pick not knowing who would be there. Philly and Boston made out really well. They got two fallers who should have been picked earlier.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:10 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
You need to add more. That minus JVR might get you Nash not another huge asset like the 2nd overall. You're close and its respectable but not really worth it for CBJ. Quite frankly, Philly doesnt want to give up the assets Howson would ask for this to happen.
That's exactly my point-- Howsen has high demands for Nash (rightfully so), but he's going to have a very tough time finding someone to meet his demands now that Nash's trade request has gone public.

Put it this way-- Richards fetched Simmonds+Schenn last year. I would assume Richards had higher value than Nash, but I suppose we can call it even. Now that Nash's request is well known around the league, you could expect something slightly less than what the Flyers got for Richards, imo.

Basically in my proposal it would be:

Schenn+Bobrovsky < Nash
JVR + 20th overall > 2nd overall

Old
06-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
That's exactly my point-- Howsen has high demands for Nash (rightfully so), but he's going to have a very tough time finding someone to meet his demands now that Nash's trade request has gone public.

Put it this way-- Richards fetched Simmonds+Schenn last year. I would assume Richards had higher value than Nash, but I suppose we can call it even. Now that Nash's request is well known around the league, you could expect something slightly less than what the Flyers got for Richards, imo.

Basically in my proposal it would be:

Schenn+Bobrovsky < Nash
JVR + 20th overall > 2nd overall
Ok Richie is a very nice player but he isnt on the same level as Nash imo. I'd do Schenn Bob and 20th for Nash but the 2nd overall I dont believe is going anywhere.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:18 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Ok Richie is a very nice player but he isnt on the same level as Nash imo. I'd do Schenn Bob and 20th for Nash but the 2nd overall I dont believe is going anywhere.
The four years before Richards was traded, he averaged 71 points. The past four years, Nash has averaged 68 points. The only difference is that Richards had serious Selke consideration.

Like I said, I have complete sympathy for what you guys are demanding for Nash, but if we use the Richards trade as precedent, I'd say you could reasonably expect Schenn+Bob+3rd round pick for Nash.

But even then, I dont want Nash unless he comes with the 2nd overall pick. I'm fine keeping JVR and hoping he becomes Nash one day. Unless we get Ryan Murray out of this deal, you could count me out.

I completely understand how that would be a deal breaker, though.

Closed Thread