HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Ryan Suter

View Poll Results: Prediction: Where will Suter sign?
Nashville 16 35.56%
Detroit 14 31.11%
Minnesota 9 20.00%
Philly 0 0%
Pittsburgh 3 6.67%
Other 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 03:57 PM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I think I'd rather lose Suter than wish that upon him. It's one thing to date a girl who has a track record of being a mean, crazy person once the relationship ends. It's another to have to hear songs about it on the radio for months...
and make millions of dollars doing it.

Old
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
Zach Parise is marrying his long time girlfriend next month (July 2012)

Ryan Suter got married on 7/31/2009 to a girl named Becky and they have two children together.

when did they have another child,i thought they only had one

Old
06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
and make millions of dollars doing it.
Wait, you can make millions of dollars if someone writes a song about you? Eric Church owes me for "Another Drink In My Hand"

Old
06-12-2012, 07:51 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
I think I'd rather lose Suter than wish that upon him. It's one thing to date a girl who has a track record of being a mean, crazy person once the relationship ends. It's another to have to hear songs about it on the radio for months...
She's done it to everyone who's dated and dumped her. When her next ex-beau is publicly eviscerated on the airwaves, can't say he didn't think she would do it to him. I'm surprised anyone dates her, honestly.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
VFL615*

Thoughts?

http://www.thedetroitsportssite.com/...s-rights/18845

Old
06-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Until someone more reputable than TFP reports it, there is no reason to believe it. Wouldn't be very upset if it were true, however.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:47 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Not that I don't think it'll happen, but TFP is maybe one step up from Eklund. I wouldn't put much stock in them getting the scoop.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:48 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:

i hope to god that it is not true,nashville is not ready to lose ryan suter

Old
06-12-2012, 09:02 PM
VFL615*

Lol. NHL.com can say they heard it and a reply of i wont believe it until i hear it from Poile.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Lol. NHL.com can say they heard it and a reply of i wont believe it until i hear it from Poile.
You're right, if it's on the internet, it's 100% true. It's not like any idiot can start up a blog or anything. From now on, I will blindly believe everything written on every third rate hockey blog.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:09 PM
NoNecksCurse

suter is gone

Old
06-12-2012, 09:11 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
suter is gone
Yep.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yep.
it just sucks poile is handling it the way he is... just pathetic assest management. but honestly, his hands are tied. either way, its a lose-lose situation.

suter didn't want to end his career in nashville, regardless.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:19 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

"League exec" huh? "Expects" huh? I don't buy it

Oh I just noticed it's from TFP. Reminds me of this

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2012/2...l-u-n-d-system

Old
06-12-2012, 09:21 PM
PredsFanFromla

I can't accept the truth that suter is gone

Old
06-12-2012, 09:25 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
Luckily it isn't the truth yet, so you don't have to accept it.

Maybe in a couple of weeks, but for now you're good

Old
06-12-2012, 10:40 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Luckily it isn't the truth yet, so you don't have to accept it.

Maybe in a couple of weeks, but for now you're good

good to know that i can stop my water works now,i am still hopefully that this is a false rumor and that the preds and ryan suter are still talking and trying to work out a contract deal to stay in nashville.if he was going to test to free agent market,we would have probally heard something by now.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:46 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
good to know that i can stop my water works now,i am still hopefully that this is a false rumor and that the preds and ryan suter are still talking and trying to work out a contract deal to stay in nashville.if he was going to test to free agent market,we would have probally heard something by now.
Here's the way I think about it. Suter might be gone. If he leaves I'll accept it, and I'll move on. BUT when a website called The Detroit Sports Site runs an article by a no-name writer who is referencing a tweet from a guy who writes for a hockey trade rumors site which isn't exactly trustworthy, and the tweet basically says "An unnamed NHL exec expects Suter's rights to be traded around the draft", I'm not going to put any stock into that article. Admittedly, I don't follow any other league like I follow the NHL, and I don't follow any other Detroit team at all. However, I looked at some other NHL-related articles from this guy. One was about how Radulov was not on the Detroit Red Wings' radar. He didn't break the story. He piggybacked off of the Detroit Free Press (who, by the way, don't put enough stock into that Suter tweet to even mention it from what I can tell). The other was about Mike Knuble possibly being interested in the Wings, and that was just him reporting on an interview Knuble had with CSN Washington.

The guy apparently has no hockey sources if he is having to piggyback off of legit news sources, or write a speculative article sparked by a tweet from someone who is less than reliable.

Obviously a site that caters to Detroit sports fans (The Detroit Sports Site), who are aching to get Suter on the heels of the Lidstrom retirement, is going to want to run articles about Suter. It generates hits. Suter is also right up there with Parise in terms of the biggest pending free agent, so of course a site that exists solely to report "hockey trade rumors" is going to want to report rumors about him.

Maybe there is some truth to it, and maybe it's just to get attention. Until someone reputable has something to say about it, I'll bank on the latter.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:30 AM
predfan98

Quote:
just need to accept it....... if he wanted to be here, he would have already signed a contract.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:49 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
just need to accept it....... if he wanted to be here, he would have already signed a contract.
Just like Kovy in NJ last year. He wants to explore the market. Just curious but do you have a job? Do you continue to work there? Have you ever explored any other options for other jobs or cities to work in? Just want you to know I'm not trying to attack you by asking these questions but I'm sure you have a job and have looked into other possibilities, why shouldn't Suter see what's out there and do the same? I have a funny feeling he's doing what Kovy did and he'll be back here next year. I think most players realize how great it is to play in Nashville and all things considered, I think Suter wants to kick the tires just to make sure he's making the right decision in the long run for his career and his family.

To the person who said Poile messed up with asset management, if he trades Suter at the deadline, our playoff chances significantly go down. There are risks and Poile is taking one. If Suter re-signs then he got what he wanted all along. If Suter leaves, it's one of those things that we tried to make a run and we needed Suter to do it. I don't see how that's bad asset management.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:16 AM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Just like Kovy in NJ last year. He wants to explore the market. Just curious but do you have a job? Do you continue to work there? Have you ever explored any other options for other jobs or cities to work in? Just want you to know I'm not trying to attack you by asking these questions but I'm sure you have a job and have looked into other possibilities, why shouldn't Suter see what's out there and do the same? I have a funny feeling he's doing what Kovy did and he'll be back here next year. I think most players realize how great it is to play in Nashville and all things considered, I think Suter wants to kick the tires just to make sure he's making the right decision in the long run for his career and his family.

To the person who said Poile messed up with asset management, if he trades Suter at the deadline, our playoff chances significantly go down. There are risks and Poile is taking one. If Suter re-signs then he got what he wanted all along. If Suter leaves, it's one of those things that we tried to make a run and we needed Suter to do it. I don't see how that's bad asset management.
Finally a voice of reason.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Here's the way I think about it. Suter might be gone. If he leaves I'll accept it, and I'll move on. BUT when a website called The Detroit Sports Site runs an article by a no-name writer who is referencing a tweet from a guy who writes for a hockey trade rumors site which isn't exactly trustworthy, and the tweet basically says "An unnamed NHL exec expects Suter's rights to be traded around the draft", I'm not going to put any stock into that article. Admittedly, I don't follow any other league like I follow the NHL, and I don't follow any other Detroit team at all. However, I looked at some other NHL-related articles from this guy. One was about how Radulov was not on the Detroit Red Wings' radar. He didn't break the story. He piggybacked off of the Detroit Free Press (who, by the way, don't put enough stock into that Suter tweet to even mention it from what I can tell). The other was about Mike Knuble possibly being interested in the Wings, and that was just him reporting on an interview Knuble had with CSN Washington.

The guy apparently has no hockey sources if he is having to piggyback off of legit news sources, or write a speculative article sparked by a tweet from someone who is less than reliable.

Obviously a site that caters to Detroit sports fans (The Detroit Sports Site), who are aching to get Suter on the heels of the Lidstrom retirement, is going to want to run articles about Suter. It generates hits. Suter is also right up there with Parise in terms of the biggest pending free agent, so of course a site that exists solely to report "hockey trade rumors" is going to want to report rumors about him.

Maybe there is some truth to it, and maybe it's just to get attention. Until someone reputable has something to say about it, I'll bank on the latter.
So Dennis Bernstein who is a senior writer Directior of U.S. Operations of a well known very popular hockey magazine "The Fourth Period" is what i bolded and underlined of your statement. I will disagree and just because a Detroit loving website made an article about it also imo does not discredit the information. Detroit seems to have a lot more interested media in day to day operations than media that is Nashville Predator friendly. Not seeing this by a Predator media outlet is no surprise. 1. They probably had no clue it was out there. 2. Like folks on this board they ride the fence and the Predators can do no wrong and anything against the Predators is to much to accept until it actually happens.

Ive said before read the tea leafs. It always starts out as chatter and then boom it happens. You cannot say i have not tried to soften the blow that is going to come soon with Ryan Suter.

I do understand the sketchy league exec and so forth is not concrete data but do you really expect him to name names?

Old
06-13-2012, 08:29 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
Finally a voice of reason.
Not really. Poile is responsible for letting these guys sit and watch as guys like Hartnell, Timenon, and others walk out the door because???
Poile is also responsible for doing absolutely nothing offseason after offseason and then making big moves at the trade deadline one year say "hey were all in"!!!!and expect that to make things right.
I want to see a more aggressive and constant attempt to improve this team over many years before i start believing anything.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:26 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

104.5 has a couple Preds bloggers on right now, including OTF, and the mutual feeling is that Suter is as good as gone with zero chance of giving the Preds a chance once July 1st hits. They're saying that the hope now is that Suter tells Poile soon so we can max a return on his rights.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
Not really. Poile is responsible for letting these guys sit and watch as guys like Hartnell, Timenon, and others walk out the door because???
OK ... I've got to chime in on this. Please leave the Hartnell and Timonen moves out of your bashing of Poile. Leipold forced this move during the "fire sale" along with trade of Vokoun. Poile actually did a wonderful job of getting assets by trading the rights of Hartnell and Timonen to Philadelphia ... a move that was touted by the hockey world as this was, if not the first, one of the first times FA rights were traded prior to the opening of Free Agency.

As for Suter ... those who say he is gone because he would have signed by now are speculating. Sure, there's a good chance he may choose to move on to a new team; but, he has earned the right to test the market. I want him to sign here but in no way blame him for wanting to get to July 1. Glenn is totally on point on this one ... he has earned this right. And honestly, he'd be stupid not to listen to other teams to see what his market value is. He could very well sign somewhere else ... but he may see that Nashville is willing to offer the $$$ others are and he may stay. Again, I'd love to see him stay but I'm not sure another $7+million D-man is wise.

I realize this is a message board to discuss this kind of stuff, but my gosh, the negativity and wild speculation is sometimes very tiring.

Speculate away BUT do not keep saying Poile let Hartnell and Timonen walk. That is completely inaccurate.

Closed Thread