HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Anyone else heard anything about this?

Old
06-13-2012, 04:40 AM
JRB86

vCash: 500
Anyone else heard anything about this?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-...fense/77/44811

Quote:
Despite all of the cap space Holland has to play with, there are no guarantees Detroit is able to entice Suter or Carle to become a Red Wing. If so, Holland & Co. might look at acquiring a defensemen via trade. There have been some rumblings about Mike Green from Washington or even P.K. Subban from Montreal being potential pieces moved by their respective clubs as they struggle to reach a contract with those respective restricted free agents.
P.K. Subban? thats the first I heard of this.

EDIT- And I think I read that wrong -_- 5:41 am in the morning heh, but yeah interesting.

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Bench
Realgud!

Yeah, it's just speculation that they'd trade him if they can't agree to contract terms. But still, let's review the situation.

A defender that's only 23. Scores over 35 points a season. Plays over 24 minutes a game. Over 2 minutes of PK time per game. Leads his team in TOI by almost 2 minutes.

King's. Ransom. He'd cost something of huge significance, even with a contract dispute. The Wings would have to gut one of their best roster players like Kronwall to even start discussions, because other teams would line up with offers with young, more established pieces that the Wings simply don't have.

I think the real hope is that Brendan Smith turns into the next PK.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:47 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Yeah, it's just speculation that they'd trade him if they can't agree to contract terms. But still, let's review the situation.

A defender that's only 23. Scores over 35 points a season. Plays over 24 minutes a game. Over 2 minutes of PK time per game. Leads his team in TOI by almost 2 minutes.

King's. Ransom. He'd cost something of huge significance, even with a contract dispute. The Wings would have to gut one of their best roster players like Kronwall to even start discussions, because other teams would line up with offers with young, more established pieces that the Wings simply don't have.

I think the real hope is that Brendan Smith turns into the next PK.
Exactly. There's no way at all that we acquire P.K. Subban. I'd be absolutely astounded if we did, and probably pretty disappointed because we'd have to give up a good chunk of our future to get him.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

yup, top pairing young dmen with the talent that P.K has dont grow on trees and rarely if ever get traded

then again, its montreal and lately they're a complete disaster

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

As a habs fan, there's still the summer to sign PK. In Bergevin's press conference he said Price and PK are his main concerns and integral parts of the habs' future.

The Habs were a mess. There's hope with new management there's no more mid game trades. No more telling a player he can't have a jersey. No more avoiding the media. No more trading NCAA prospects away for crap.

Not saying the Wings won't/can't get him, just saying it's likely he's dealt to anyone.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote