HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Post season mock draft with trades

Old
06-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Zeroknowledge*

vCash: 500
Post season mock draft with trades

Edmonton trades the first pick overall to the Islanders for NYI's 1st this year, their 2nd, Calvin De Haan and an option to swap firsts in 2013 or 2014

1. NY Islanders : Nail Yakupov: Isles trade up and get a player that will be huge alongside Tavares for years.
2. Columbus : Filip Forsberg: Columbus has been vocal about liking Forsberg, by trading Nash they will need a replacement player with size and heart.
3. Montreal : Alex Galchenyuk: Galchenyuk is drafted by the Habs as a BPA and need.
4. Edmonton : Ryan Murray: Vocal about loving him, stacked on the first 2 lines they really need a franchise D men because no one ever trades these.
Tampa Bay trades the 10th and 19th pick to the Leafs for the 5th pick and Toronto's 3rd pick
5. Tampa Bay : Morgan Rielly: Yzerman has been all over Rielly, following him closely during the WHL playoffs, would be a great fit, their D needs a young puck mover.
6. Anaheim : Mikhail Grigorenko: They need a second line center more than anything, it's between him and TT.
7. Minnesota : Teuvo Teravainen: The Finish connection is too big to pass on him, he will bond with Koivu and Granlund for years to come.
8. Carolina : Matthew Dumba: BPA fell a bit, just like Murphy last year a player that should have gone earlier falls into their laps.
9. Winnipeg : Jacob Trouba: I think it's between him and Reinhart at 9 but I slightly favor Touba, his performance at the WJC's as an underager was huge.
10. Toronto : Griffin Reinhart: Leafs trade down and pick a player they'd have considered at 5, big Dmen with a big shot, we all know these are Burke's favorite toys, hopefully he pans out.
11. Washington : Cody Ceci: Ceci could easily be a top 10 player, he goes to Washington based on BPA and brings more size to their D-line.
12. Buffalo : Radek Faksa: Sabres select Faksa another player that could go top 10, legit big center man, he is almost 6'3 and around 205, his coaches love him and compare his work ethic to Landeskog.
13. Dallas : Zemgus Girgensons: With Morrow on the decline, they pick a player with a similar style and attributes.
14. Calgary : Olli Maata: The year of the D-man continues as the Flames snag Maatta, very solid player, showed so much poise during his team's playoff run.
15. Ottawa : Hampus Lindholm: Ottawa takes another Swede, I think some Gm's might have him close to their top 10, so at 15 he is a great pick.
16. Washington : Sebastian Collberg: Very skilled scorer, they are most likely losing Semin and need to bring a similarly skilled played hopefully with more will.
17. San Jose : Brendan Gaunce: Already stacked at center, Sharks management draft a big center that could eventually learn a thing or two from veterans such as Marleau an Thornton.
18. Chicago : Malcolm Subban: Hawks take the goalie here, it's not a short term solution but it is possibly a long term one.
19. Toronto : Tom Wilson: Burkes takes Wilson and gets excited over a potential, Wilson-Colborne-Biggs line in a couple years.
Columbus trades Nash to the Flyers for JVR, Braydon Schenn and the next pick
20. Columbus : Derrick Pouliot: Jakcets select the BPA at 20, skilled and smooth skating PMD that's a bit soft though.
21. Buffalo : Matt Finn: Another player that could go between 10-15, Buffalo lucks out this year with Finn and Faksa
22. Pittsburgh : Pontus Aberg: Pens select a Winger with offensive capabilities, hoping to see these skills translate sooner than later and play alongside Crosby or Malkin.
23. Florida : Scott Laughton: Typical Dale Tallon pic, solid worker, great work ethic and a solid two way center with decent size.
24. Boston : Slater Koekkoek: Fits Boston's style like the actual glove OJ did used.
25. St. Louis : Dalton Thrower: Their forwards are set for decades, they bring a robust blueliner with tons of heart.
26. Vancouver : Brady Skjei: brings a little bit of everything but is a raw prospect, great potential though.
27. Phoenix : Tomas Hertl: Solid pick at 27, they have tons of young solid D's and need to start shaping up a better top 6.
28. NY Rangers : Nicholas Kerdiles: A Glen Sather type of pick, reminds me of JT miller, I think he goes here.
29. New Jersey : Andrei Vasilveski: A great backup plan for Marty, might be ready sooner than we think.
30. Columbus : Henrik Samuelsson: With Forsberg, JVR, Schenn, Pouliot, JJ, Johansen and now Samuelsson the rebuild is in full effect in Columbus, they hope this time the majority of their prospects pan out unlike their previous top 10 picks.

Last edited by Zeroknowledge*: 06-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Macch

Edmonton won't make that trade with the Isles.

And I don't think the Islanders feel the need to make that move. They'll get a hell of a player at the 4 spot

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
Edmonton won't make that trade with the Isles.

And I don't think the Islanders feel the need to make that move. They'll get a hell of a player at the 4 spot
I think the swap option for 2013 might tempt them especially if they believe that they will improve. On the other hand Snow should be all over the opportunity to pair Yakupov with Tavares as of next season. I also really think Edmonton wants Murray no matter what.

Last edited by Zeroknowledge*: 06-12-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old
06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

Toronto doesn't have their 3rd rounder in this draft.

HOCCA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
Toronto doesn't have their 3rd rounder in this draft.
Yeah our 3rd rounder is Kings property now. It was dealt at the 2010 draft for pick 79 which was used to select Sondre Olden.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:00 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Trades seem a bit out there.

I like the Stars' pick, though. Don't see Minny taking TT.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Trades seem a bit out there.

I like the Stars' pick, though. Don't see Minny taking TT.
The trades all have a valid reasoning, everyone in the media have been mentioning the Murray to Edmonton links so a trade down is definitely an option and I think the Islanders definitely have the most to win out of this.

Tampa we all know has been closely following Rielly, Yzerman and co. having been scouting him intensely, Rielly is a player that can go top 5, unless Burke loves Grigorenko which I doubt I believe this trade is a possibility if Galchenyuk and Forsberg are gone by the 5th pick.

Lastly we all know Nash will be gone and he's willing to waive his NTC to a very limited number of teams, I think Philly definitely has the assets to pull it off without looking back.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:24 PM
HoseEmDown

Tampa seems like they're higher on Reilly than Trouba/Reinhart as I've only heard SY mention him out of the 3. I just don't see them making that kind of move to do it. I can see them moving up to do it but for a 2nd not the 19th.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

I don't see the Leafs trading down that far.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Iceman48

As a Bruins fan, any mock that has the Bruins drafting Slater Koekkoek is perfect. Good job!

Iceman48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:00 AM
MPStoEberletoHall*

Hmmm interesting as an oiler fan. I think it would have to be something like

To Edm:
4th(Galchenyuk)
De Haan
1st in 2013

To NY:
Yakopov

MPStoEberletoHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:15 AM
chunkbox

am really hoping that when/if a Nash deal happens at the draft it will involve another lottery pick or close ...

chunkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
Pouliot, Hertl or Koekkoek over Subban. This won't help the Hawks in any way or shape. They don't need to waste a 1st on a big question mark that won't help anytime soon.

Grab a goalie later and hope for the best

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:18 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Hmmm interesting as an oiler fan. I think it would have to be something like

To Edm:
4th(Galchenyuk)
De Haan
1st in 2013

To NY:
Yakopov

A 1st and De Haan to move up three spots. Ahhh NO
We'll just stay at 4 and pick Murray

disles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Cole World

vCash: 50
IIRC, there were multiple reports (when the Leafs were around the 10th last spot) that Burke really likes Faksa.

I can definitely see why; huge frame and a good 2-way game. Exactly the kind of forward the Leafs need.

If we drop down to 10, I see us taking him, and then maybe a defenceman at 19.

Wouldn't be surprised if we went with 2 forward in such a scenario.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:22 AM
MPStoEberletoHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1 View Post
A 1st and De Haan to move up three spots. Ahhh NO
We'll just stay at 4 and pick Murray
It would take a big overpayment. Murray won't get outside the top 3

MPStoEberletoHall* is offline   Reply With Quote