HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

vCash: 500
Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season

I know we're still celebrating the Stanley Cup win, and let's face it, if we didn't win the Cup, you know we'd be the front runners for the guy. That's why I think adding him to our roster would be pivotal, imagine him playing on a line with Richards and Carter or Brown and Kopitar.

I don't know about you guys, but Deano has built not only a contender here, but the stepping stones to a dynasty. I might be exaggerating but I do feel really good about this core (which Patrick O'Sullivan and Jack Johnson were once apart of). I'm just thinking that adding a guy like Parise would do wonders and I know we still have to eventually re-sign Quick (6-7M?). I don't think we re-sign Penner and I hope we re-sign Stoll, but it depends on how much he's asking for. We also have to be ready for an injury to Jeff Carter (which is inevitable).

Anyways, here's an article on the Kings being interested in Parise:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19868161.html

And to those who say they wouldn't sign him because of his performance in the playoffs, I disagree 100%. His whole line wasn't playing well, Kovalchuk was hurt and Zajac was nowhere to be found. Parise is a world class player and would be a fantastic addition to our top 6.

PS. watch the handshake line at the end, Sutter whispers something in Parise's ear and Parise pulls back, smiles and laughs, then skates away. I wonder what he told him hahahaha

Old
06-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
PS. watch the handshake line at the end, Sutter whispers something in Parise's ear and Parise pulls back, smiles and laughs, then skates away. I wonder what he told him hahahaha
He said "If you come here, I will come back, and we can do this again, with you on the positive side of the handshake line."

Old
06-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Quattro

yes, it's too early

Old
06-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
yes, it's too early
Agree that it is too early, but it is amazing that July 1st is less than 3 weeks away.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:26 PM
niomosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Agree that it is too early, but it is amazing that July 1st is less than 3 weeks away.
So... it's only early in the minds of some?

Old
06-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Lombardi will offer a ton to Parise and will also offer Suter a discount offer (like sub 6 million) on the miracle off chance that he decides he suddenly loves LA.

Pretty crazy how 6 months ago, the Kings had 0 good LW's (with Penner being terrible and Gagne injured), now going into next year, we could have Parise, Gagne, Penner, King as the lw combo's.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

It's not too early, this is a message board, and that's what message boards are all about.

It's fun to speculate, especially after your team ends up no. 1 in the league the day before.

As someone said above, July 1 is less than three weeks away. Guess where Dean Lombardi is today and guess what he is doing?

You got it.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:32 AM
ru4reals

If we do get Parise(Which I highly doubt we do) Kings will have in the 2003 draft,

11. Carter
13. Brown
17. Parise
24. Richards

Yikes! That is a sick group to have! Oh yeah Suter was selected at #7! You wanna win the cup have three or more players of the '03 draft!

Old
06-13-2012, 01:51 AM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

This whole winning the cup thing is weird, the draft is in nine days and free agency is in less then three weeks........I could get used to this

Old
06-13-2012, 04:03 AM
KingsFanInRI
Never EVER forget

Quote:
"Two cell phones walk into a bar... I forget the rest."

Old
06-13-2012, 04:15 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
This whole winning the cup thing is weird, the draft is in nine days and free agency is in less then three weeks........I could get used to this
SERIOUSLY! Usually I have tons of time between our season ending and prepping for the draft (which is usually my favorite day of the year....not this year). Now it's all so close to happening. I love it.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:08 AM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
If we do get Parise(Which I highly doubt we do) Kings will have in the 2003 draft,

11. Carter
13. Brown
17. Parise
24. Richards

Yikes! That is a sick group to have! Oh yeah Suter was selected at #7! You wanna win the cup have three or more players of the '03 draft!
Ahh the 2003 argument, my favorite. I brought the 03 draft whenever someone was saying most of the credit for this team should go to Dave Taylor, which is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. The 2003 draft was supposed to be the one that jump started our franchise, we had 3 first round picks and we had to hit on AT LEAST 2 of them and have those guys be cornerstones of our franchise. Thank God we got our captain in that draft but Dave Taylor stunk at the rest, I mean really? Jeff Tambellini and Brian Boyle? Anaheim got Getzlaf and Perry, Philadelphia got Jeff Carter and Mike Richards.

Oh well, no need to nag now, that draft was important in our Stanley Cup victory, not because of Dave Taylor, but because DL. Hopefully we get another big fish from that draft in free agency this summer too.

PS, the 2003 NBA draft was one of the best ever too, was a real good year for sports (LeBron, Carmelo, Bosh, Wade) - just a random fact

Old
06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
KingsFanInRI
Never EVER forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
SERIOUSLY! Usually I have tons of time between our season ending and prepping for the draft (which is usually my favorite day of the year....not this year). Now it's all so close to happening. I love it.
Are you kidding? This will be the BEST draft ever, hearing all the GM's come up and say "First we would like to congratulate the Los Angeles Kings on winning the Stanley Cup."

Old
06-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Lombardi will offer a ton to Parise and will also offer Suter a discount offer (like sub 6 million) on the miracle off chance that he decides he suddenly loves LA.

Pretty crazy how 6 months ago, the Kings had 0 good LW's (with Penner being terrible and Gagne injured), now going into next year, we could have Parise, Gagne, Penner, King as the lw combo's.

If Dean signs both those two guys just forget about it. We're talking about the majority of Stanley Cups between now and 2020 being won here in L.A.!

Old
06-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post

11. Carter
13. Brown
17. Parise
24. Richards

I really hope Dean realizes that the next 2003-type draft is in 2015. Start stocking those picks NOW!!!!

Old
06-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Parise is not Hossa. He's staying in NJ(95%) or signing somewhere else.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:16 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Parise is getting married this summer. If you want to know where he will end up, figure out where the girl is from. I would bet that Parise won't be moving her more than two or three hours away from her Mom and Dad. That's the way it works about 75% of the time.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
I really hope Dean realizes that the next 2003-type draft is in 2015. Start stocking those picks NOW!!!!
If he does, I hope he can do better than Boyle and Tambellini.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

LA's top priority this summer is signing Jonathan Quick to an extension (and it appears the feeling is mutual).
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...0,676085.story

And judging from comments made by Leiweke in this article, it wouldn't surprise me to see them make improvements to their roster.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...1591195.column

Thankfully, this is a team that doesn't have many holes, and if they are successful in re-signing Stoll and Fraser, their only position to upgrade could possibly be the 2nd line LW. Not sure if Parise's salary would fit, but if he takes a front loaded contract that brings the AAV down, it is possible.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I hope Dean doesn't work under the assumption that the cap will be $70.3M, it doesn't seem likely that it will be under the new CBA.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
This will be a stress free July 1st.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Fishhead

The draft will lack the intrigue it had for us the last few years, but July 1st will be interesting. We will see what happens with Stoll and Penner. I'm sure we will be making offers, but who knows what another team will come in with. I feel Stoll would be more likely to stay for less than Penner.

Even more interesting to me is what will happen if we approach major UFA's. Perhaps we will see just how big of a role travel plays in a players decision. Every other reason not to sign with the Kings is pretty much out the window.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
It was in Darryl-ish so Parise probably didn't even know what the heck he was being told.

That's probably when he laughed uncomfortably and skated quickly away.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Mr Los Angeles

this is what im doing if im DL. invite zach and the fiancee out for a few days and show them their next possible house right on the beach. then have a dinner with mike richards (who seems to have been able to transition from the east coast ok) and have him describe what its like to be able to have a large group of fans while not being bothered by the masses(like how it is for east coast stars i asssume). he also describes what its like to live in Los Angeles. then you show the finacee rodeo drive and the shopping and the restaurants that are available on it. then you let them take a look at the schools. say hardvard westlake or loyola or mayfield when it comes time to send their child to high school.

DL is going to need to use all the leverage of being located in one of the most desired places to live on the globe to be able to get zach

Old
06-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
It was in Darryl-ish so Parise probably didn't even know what the heck he was being told.

That's probably when he laughed uncomfortably and skated quickly away.
Kind of like in Joe Dirt when he says you like to see homos naked, thats cool man.

Closed Thread