HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2012, 11:30 PM
  #426
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
What is Grabovski doing in that conversation ????

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:34 PM
  #427
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
It wouldn't be a mess if he was signing for 4 millions, just like Andrei Kostitsyn signing one-season/3.25 millions.

the importance of a player in the team is defined by its salary. For example, when Boston signed Chara, they told him he would be the most paid player on the team.

But for Radulov, we will lose some 2th round picks, if he signs, we're going to overpay him 2-3 millions.

I don't want Radulov as the guy we'll build around.
Salary has nothing to do with the point here.

I just find it funny that you think Radulov is basically a pile of ****, that you can never win with but at decent price, you would still take him. Like what the hell? Do you want to win or not? Why would you want a guy that you think will cause trouble, costing goals, ****ing with the chemistry etc.. at half price. You think because he only will get 50% of what he should get in salary, he will suddendly be a great teammates, that backchecks and all? There's just no logic in what you said.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:42 PM
  #428
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Salary has nothing to do with the point here.

I just find it funny that you think Radulov is basically a pile of ****, that you can never win with but at decent price, you would still take him. Like what the hell? Do you want to win or not? Why would you want a guy that you think will cause trouble, costing goals, ****ing with the chemistry etc.. at half price. You think because he only will get 50% of what he should get in salary, he will suddendly be a great teammates, that backchecks and all? There's just no logic in what you said.
If we ever get Alexander Radulov, he'll be some kind of a saviour. We'll give him what he wants (6-7 millions) and if he doesn't get it, we lose what we paid for his rights.

So if we get Radulov, we'll get him as that concession-player with the highest salary.

Salary is an important point here.

Scott Gomez at 7.3 millions is a pile of ****. Just like he actually is.
Scott Gomez at 2.5 millions is a good 3rd line centreman that can be a journeyman on the top-6.

Alexander Radulov at 7 millions is a lazy ass mofo pile of **** that doesn't do anything on the ice, that cost us goals, oh and wait, he's the guy we're building the team around!! Oh noes!!
Alexander Radulov at 4 millions is a good uni-dimensionnal offensive winger for Tomas Plekanec.

You get the point?
There's no way we get Radulov for 4 millions. There's no way Radulov is going to be considered "that good 2nd line winger that helps Plekanec scoring goals".

The only way we get Radulov is at 7 millions where he's gonna be a lardass overpaid mother****ing lazy piece of ****.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:01 AM
  #429
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 16,604
vCash: 500
I don't want to read the thread.

So I say: Can Radulov become a Hab? Absolutely.

Do I want him to become a Hab? Absolutely not.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:46 AM
  #430
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Salary has nothing to do with the point here.

I just find it funny that you think Radulov is basically a pile of ****, that you can never win with but at decent price, you would still take him. Like what the hell? Do you want to win or not? Why would you want a guy that you think will cause trouble, costing goals, ****ing with the chemistry etc.. at half price. You think because he only will get 50% of what he should get in salary, he will suddendly be a great teammates, that backchecks and all? There's just no logic in what you said.
There hasn't been any logic to his posting since his first post on the boards.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:20 AM
  #431
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
If he wants to build his team around other teams' problem child, he would. I somehow doubt that's what he wants though.

See, you're better off being patient and develop your own players, surround them with GOOD veterans both on and off the ice, than rush and get other team's problems and that, not matter the asking price. A rotten apple in the basket is likely to rot the other apples.
Experience more than proved that, when done right, picking other team's "child problem", as you call it, actualy make them turn their career around.

Now, since Radulov's "problem" only amounts to going to play in the KHL and not tying in well the team he joined for less than 20 games, and missing curfew once, I say the reward if definitely worth the risk.

We don't have the skill at the wings in the pipeline ready to go with Plekanec. I'd be happy if we did, but we DON'T. We need a great winger to go with Plek, so you shop for what is available. That means Semin, Radulov and Parise.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:01 AM
  #432
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You say the Bruins are proud and have a winning mentality.. yet they brought Ryder, who was a loser(like you call them if they don't win the cup) and Pouliot.
For the record, they won with Ryder, who is at least a consistent 20-30 goal scorer, and lost with Pouliot, who's a floater that's never going to live up to that potential of his.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:09 AM
  #433
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Well, Dean Lombardi just proved that taking other team's problem can win you championships. Richards, Carter were kicked out of their for their off-ice issues. Penner who had a really bad rep around the league also found a way to be useful in the playoffs.

And just to make sure you get my point, I'm talking about the off-ice problems here. Radulov, Richards and Carter are all really good hockey players so I'm not talking what they can do on the ice but off-ice. If Radulov, because of missing curfew once, is in Richards and Carter category in term of being party animal, it just proves that a problem in one place doesn't mean they will be problem somewhere else.
But we're not talking about Carter and Richards here, and Penner wasn't a problem child, people were questioning his effort, ala Kostitsyn.

Also, Richards and Carter, like many other NHL'ers, partied during the season, not the night before an afternoon playoffs' game. Huge difference in my books. Radulov has shown extreme disrespect to his teammates, to his coach and his GM who brought him back. Pea brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Experience more than proved that, when done right, picking other team's "child problem", as you call it, actualy make them turn their career around.

Now, since Radulov's "problem" only amounts to going to play in the KHL and not tying in well the team he joined for less than 20 games, and missing curfew once, I say the reward if definitely worth the risk.

We don't have the skill at the wings in the pipeline ready to go with Plekanec. I'd be happy if we did, but we DON'T. We need a great winger to go with Plek, so you shop for what is available. That means Semin, Radulov and Parise.
Actually, history has shown that in most cases, a problem child remains a problem child in spite of the few exceptions to the rule. What I'm saying though is that I'd rather be patient, develop your own under good leadership, than risk bringing in that rotten apple into the basket.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:12 AM
  #434
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Pouliot's a floater? Wha-a-? Pouliot had his flaws, he'd fall down a lot but he'd go right after guys and try to make hits. I think we should pick him back up. He's still young, is tall and can skate, he might blossom for somebody soon.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:17 AM
  #435
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
But we're not talking about Carter and Richards here, and Penner wasn't a problem child, people were questioning his effort, ala Kostitsyn.

Also, Richards and Carter, like many other NHL'ers, partied during the season, not the night before an afternoon playoffs' game[/B]. Huge difference in my books. Radulov has shown extreme disrespect to his teammates, to his coach and his GM who brought him back. Pea brain..
Actually, that was only speculation, one that you obviously didn't question and ate up like a fat kid eats cake. Radu even said to the journalists it wasn't that late but he didn't want to address it so he let it go.

What later came out was that Radu and AK were 1 hour late, and completely sober.

TRANSLATING ------------------------------------- TRANSLATION:

Radu and AK were partying till 4am, got hammered, are cancers, showed extreme disrespect to their teammates, coaches and GMs.


God I love Habs fans..

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:17 AM
  #436
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Actually, history has shown that in most cases, a problem child remains a problem child in spite of the few exceptions to the rule. What I'm saying though is that I'd rather be patient, develop your own under good leadership, than risk bringing in that rotten apple into the basket.
Yhea, you are right. Ribeiro and S Kostityn proved to be such failures in their respective new teams.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
  #437
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Pouliot's a floater? Wha-a-? Pouliot had his flaws, he'd fall down a lot but he'd go right after guys and try to make hits. I think we should pick him back up. He's still young, is tall and can skate, he might blossom for somebody soon.
He'll be 26 before the season starts, he's hadly "young" in terms of an NHL forward's shelf life. Bourque is 30 and people complain that we should dump him because he is "done".

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:27 AM
  #438
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Actually, that was only speculation, one that you obviously didn't question and ate up like a fat kid eats cake. Radu even said to the journalists it wasn't that late but he didn't want to address it so he let it go.

What later came out was that Radu and AK were 1 hour late, and completely sober.

TRANSLATING ------------------------------------- TRANSLATION:

Radu and AK were partying till 4am, got hammered, are cancers, showed extreme disrespect to their teammates, coaches and GMs.


God I love Habs fans..
Do we have all the facts? NO

However when a team sits two of it's most talented players for a key playoff game, OBVIOUSLY something they consider pretty serious happened. Trotz and Poile are two oif the most respected men in the NHL I doubt they did that because Radulov and AK had a pillow fight. I don't think either are cancers, but I question those guys' commitment to the team.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:52 AM
  #439
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Wow! Still back in fort on this subject.

This is so simple....at the right price, Radulov is a no brainier.
Dough he gets over 5 million a season in the NHL from any team. If he wants that kind of money, KHL is where he's gonna go.

For all we know, he wants to play in the NHL and I see a short contract of 2-3 years and prove himself. If he's not willing to do this, KHL waits for him.

As a RFA, he has little value and some what like Sergei Kostitsyn had for us a few years back. I could see team giving conditional pick for his rights or even roaster players. Something like Bourque and a conditional pick for example. MAybe a Palushaj and a pick if they rather have youth. The Gomez factor could be interesting for the Preds 2 years for 10 millions. MAybe even Kaberle could be of interest for the Preds. I say it's all about weather MB wants Radu or not and sells his pitch.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:00 AM
  #440
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Wow! Still back in fort on this subject.

This is so simple....at the right price, Radulov is a no brainier.
Dough he gets over 5 million a season in the NHL from any team. If he wants that kind of money, KHL is where he's gonna go.

For all we know, he wants to play in the NHL and I see a short contract of 2-3 years and prove himself. If he's not willing to do this, KHL waits for him.

As a RFA, he has little value and some what like Sergei Kostitsyn had for us a few years back. I could see team giving conditional pick for his rights or even roaster players. Something like Bourque and a conditional pick for example. MAybe a Palushaj and a pick if they rather have youth. The Gomez factor could be interesting for the Preds 2 years for 10 millions. MAybe even Kaberle could be of interest for the Preds. I say it's all about weather MB wants Radu or not and sells his pitch.
SK is a bad comparable for Radulov.

SK before we traded him had 155 NHL GP 24-44-68. Radulov has

Radulov has 154 NHL GP 47-55-102 including a 58 point season at 21.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:25 AM
  #441
zeeto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Endwell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Do we have all the facts? NO

However when a team sits two of it's most talented players for a key playoff game, OBVIOUSLY something they consider pretty serious happened. Trotz and Poile are two oif the most respected men in the NHL I doubt they did that because Radulov and AK had a pillow fight. I don't think either are cancers, but I question those guys' commitment to the team.
Actually it's pretty simple.

They were suspended for 1 game for being 45-60 min late. Trotz then said, essentially, that if they won game 3 he'd roll with the same lineup for game 4. They won game 3, he rolled the same lineup in game 4 - and they lost. If it was something so serious why did he bring them back for game 5?

zeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:32 AM
  #442
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
SK is a bad comparable for Radulov.

SK before we traded him had 155 NHL GP 24-44-68. Radulov has

Radulov has 154 NHL GP 47-55-102 including a 58 point season at 21.
My comparison is base more on the fact that they lost there true value. The actual value Sergei was traded for was lot less then what he should have brought and I expect the same for Radulov.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:33 AM
  #443
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Pouliot's a floater? Wha-a-? Pouliot had his flaws, he'd fall down a lot but he'd go right after guys and try to make hits. I think we should pick him back up. He's still young, is tall and can skate, he might blossom for somebody soon.
I calls 'em as I sees 'em. There's a reason two NHL squads have dumped this guy already. The effort isn't there, the production isn't there. He'll probably wear out his welcome in Boston this year, then who knows if he'll latch on somewhere else.

And yeah, as another guy said, he ain't that young by NHL standards. He was drafted right ahead of Price, has never notched a 20-goal season and has 1 career playoff goal.

I don't miss him one bit. Let Boston keep him.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:38 AM
  #444
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
For the record, they won with Ryder, who is at least a consistent 20-30 goal scorer, and lost with Pouliot, who's a floater that's never going to live up to that potential of his.
There might be another side of the coin. Carbonneau misused Ryder and Martin misused Pouliot. In his first season with the Habs Pouliot played an important role in getting the Habs into the playoffs at a time Cammalleri was injured. Pouliot had an OK first season with the Bruins, as did Ryder.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
  #445
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Do we have all the facts? NO

However when a team sits two of it's most talented players for a key playoff game, OBVIOUSLY something they consider pretty serious happened. Trotz and Poile are two oif the most respected men in the NHL I doubt they did that because Radulov and AK had a pillow fight. I don't think either are cancers, but I question those guys' commitment to the team.
You're right, we don't have all the facts, yet there's plenty of people assuming/questioning their commitment and bought into the false speculation that they were partying till 4am.

From what we can assume based on Poile's comment, they have a very structured way of doing things in Nashville. Things that are very different then the KHL or Mtl, I'm sure of it. Were AK-Radu told about the strictness of those team rules? Did they just get home late because there was some delay at the restaurant? Was there a boat load of traffic? Did they just not care? Who freaking knows.

One thing I can tell you, most people just go straight to assuming these guys weren't committed.

In any event, say they weren't committed. It's not because they weren't committed to playing in a city that they aren't committed to winning elsewhere.

You need a bit of everything to win a cup, we are seriously lacking offensive talent up front. If we had some interesting prospect that filled that need, then I wouldn't care much to bring those guys in. Sadly we don't. We only have Eller. So for the right price, I'd have no issues bringing those guys here.

Ovechkin is known as a party animal as well. I'd have no problem bringing him here.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM
  #446
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You're right, we don't have all the facts, yet there's plenty of people assuming/questioning their commitment and bought into the false speculation that they were partying till 4am.

From what we can assume based on Poile's comment, they have a very structured way of doing things in Nashville. Things that are very different then the KHL or Mtl, I'm sure of it. Were AK-Radu told about the strictness of those team rules? Did they just get home late because there was some delay at the restaurant? Was there a boat load of traffic? Did they just not care? Who freaking knows.

One thing I can tell you, most people just go straight to assuming these guys weren't committed.

In any event, say they weren't committed. It's not because they weren't committed to playing in a city that they aren't committed to winning elsewhere.

You need a bit of everything to win a cup, we are seriously lacking offensive talent up front. If we had some interesting prospect that filled that need, then I wouldn't care much to bring those guys in. Sadly we don't. We only have Eller. So for the right price, I'd have no issues bringing those guys here.

Ovechkin is known as a party animal as well. I'd have no problem bringing him here.
I'm sure NHL folks(like Bergevin Dudley and co) know exactly what happened wheras the general public wouldn't.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Radulov at the right cost(assets) and price(salary and term) but he definitely isn't squeaky clean.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
  #447
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsterix View Post
but we're not talking about carter and richards here, and penner wasn't a problem child, people were questioning his effort, ala kostitsyn.

Also, richards and carter, like many other nhl'ers, partied during the season, not the night before an afternoon playoffs' game. Huge difference in my books. Radulov has shown extreme disrespect to his teammates, to his coach and his gm who brought him back. Pea brain.


Actually, history has shown that in most cases, a problem child remains a problem child in spite of the few exceptions to the rule. What i'm saying though is that i'd rather be patient, develop your own under good leadership, than risk bringing in that rotten apple into the basket.
8003

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:06 AM
  #448
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
But we're not talking about Carter and Richards here, and Penner wasn't a problem child, people were questioning his effort, ala Kostitsyn.

Also, Richards and Carter, like many other NHL'ers, partied during the season, not the night before an afternoon playoffs' game. Huge difference in my books. Radulov has shown extreme disrespect to his teammates, to his coach and his GM who brought him back. Pea brain.

Seriously, you think two guys coming home a bit late (3600 seconds) pass curfew is worst than two guys, which one of them is the captain, shows no dedication and sacrifice for his team? If your coach has to come up with something like the dry island, its probably because there's a drinking problem with some players in the lockeroom and it prevents to give their best on the ice.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
  #449
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,899
vCash: 500
Wouldn't mind Radulov if Roy was the coach.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
  #450
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,852
vCash: 500
Why are the Preds no longer showing interest in either players so early? They added them for the playoffs. Obviously, they needed them. Preds lacked offense.

So why do the Preds no longer want them, if they are such fine players?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.