HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jay Feaster

View Poll Results: How do you feel Jay Feaster has done so far?
Excellent, has done a great job 12 24.00%
Good has done some good things nothing great 33 66.00%
Not great expected more 4 8.00%
Terrible bring back Sutter! 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-12-2012, 07:31 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Yeah, Not to be a pessimist, but I don't think Byron has a future in the NHL. Glad Butler came in and played better than Regher for a quarter of the price.
At first I thought he was to small to play in the nhl but I have seen him play on the Heat and Marc crawford made the same comment that I had noticed and that is out of the kids on the farm Byron is 100% the most complete player, he is small but loves to hit, he has quick hands, and his speed allows him to be a very effective backchecker. I think he will be a 3rd liner in a few years but I think a 2nd for him is more than fair.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
At first I thought he was to small to play in the nhl but I have seen him play on the Heat and Marc crawford made the same comment that I had noticed and that is out of the kids on the farm Byron is 100% the most complete player, he is small but loves to hit, he has quick hands, and his speed allows him to be a very effective backchecker. I think he will be a 3rd liner in a few years but I think a 2nd for him is more than fair.
I also see another reason for the Regehr trade is that Byron is a very solid AHL player so my take is that Feaster and the scouts thought if Byron doesn't make the Flames last season then he is a great addition in Abbotsford.

I think the new regime under Feaster has taken a very serious look at "development" being just as important as drafting.

IMO that's why Byron, Walter, Kolanos, Wilson were brought in - to have a winning atmosphere so the young players will thrive.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
I also see another reason for the Regehr trade is that Byron is a very solid AHL player so my take is that Feaster and the scouts thought if Byron doesn't make the Flames last season then he is a great addition in Abbotsford.

I think the new regime under Feaster has taken a very serious look at "development" being just as important as drafting.

IMO that's why Byron, Walter, Kolanos, Wilson were brought in - to have a winning atmosphere so the young players will thrive.
except Byron is a young player too, he is just finishing his ELC. It's not uncommon for project players to spend 3-4 years in the AHL

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:42 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
except Byron is a young player too, he is just finishing his ELC. It's not uncommon for project players to spend 3-4 years in the AHL
Yes very true and he has put up 107 points in 163 games which is very respectable. He also didn't look out of place when he was with the Flames this season (Love his speed something we desperately need)

I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about the second round pick. If we hadn't included it we would have absolutely robbed Buffalo and there is no way they would have allowed that.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about the second round pick. If we hadn't included it we would have absolutely robbed Buffalo and there is no way they would have allowed that.
The 2nd was likely also the necessary piece for Buffalo to take Kotalik.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
thats why I am happy to have Cammalleri here. I love that he was willing to call out his teammates in a city like Montreal, it takes alot of stones to do that
Really the kind of attitude that Bourque needed. Either way, we got the better player in the end. I'd say I'm leaning towards something like a B if I had to grade Feaster. Nothing amazing, but consistently decent/solid moves that have been doing nothing but slowly improving the team, which is only to be expected considering the state we were in at one point.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote