HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Alexander Radulov to CSKA Moscow, KHL. 4-Year Deal.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2012, 10:46 AM
  #326
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
If the czech report is true, I wonder what we got from the rangers. Dubinsky?
i would wager much less than that. MZA and 2nd is my guess.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 11:00 AM
  #327
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
i would wager much less than that. MZA and 2nd is my guess.
He signed overseas.

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 11:02 AM
  #328
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
i would wager much less than that. MZA and 2nd is my guess.
mza (zuccarello) doesn't have a nyr contract as his has expired, he has signed an intention deal with akhl team but has a nhl out option in the contract so nyr has to sign him to a one way deal and then trade him for Rads..

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
  #329
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
He signed overseas.
with an NHL outclause, provided he signs before July 15.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 04:31 PM
  #330
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
i would wager much less than that. MZA and 2nd is my guess.
What would MZA bring that at worst, Bergfors didn't and at best, Sergei doesn't?

All the pieces that Nashville would have interest in are guys that an unsigned Radulov can't land in a trade:

-Girardi
-McDonagh
-Staal
-Dubinsky
-Stepan
-Callahan (pretty clearly unavailable)
-Kreider
-JT Miller?


I can't see any of them except maybe Stepan being available for just Radulov's rights.

headsigh is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 07:28 PM
  #331
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Just got a good laugh. Quote from hockeybuzz :

"So could the Predators actually bring themselves to trade Radulov's rights to the hated Red Wings? It is possible I am told...however the team to watch in this case...may be another Central rival...the Blackhawks. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...v-Jagr/1/44851


Last edited by ThirdManIn: 06-09-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: fixed link
VFL615* is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 11:55 PM
  #332
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,857
vCash: 500
Radulov to Chicago for a signed autograph of Duncan Keith

literally our replacement for Suter

headsigh is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM
  #333
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
What would MZA bring that at worst, Bergfors didn't and at best, Sergei doesn't?

All the pieces that Nashville would have interest in are guys that an unsigned Radulov can't land in a trade:

-Girardi
-McDonagh
-Staal
-Dubinsky
-Stepan
-Callahan (pretty clearly unavailable)
-Kreider
-JT Miller?

I can't see any of them except maybe Stepan being available for just Radulov's rights.
I'd carry him to Nashville on my back for Radulov's beard, never mind his rights.

But then again I wouldn't wanna bestow upon you guys 72 games of invisibility and shots that go 30 yards wide from point blank. I like you guys. I'd much rather see Dubinsky scumming it up for a team I can't stand.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
  #334
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I'd carry him to Nashville on my back for Radulov's beard, never mind his rights.

But then again I wouldn't wanna bestow upon you guys 72 games of invisibility and shots that go 30 yards wide from point blank. I like you guys. I'd much rather see Dubinsky scumming it up for a team I can't stand.
we trades smithson already

token grinder is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:07 PM
  #335
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
we trades smithson already
Exactly.

Although I really liked Smithson, mostly because he wasn't making 4.2 million to score 10 goals like Dubinsky is

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 07:07 AM
  #336
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,389
vCash: 500
Looks like another team may be closer than the Rangers. NY Post:

Quote:
But though the Blueshirts don’t appear ready to pull the trigger, we’re told there is at least one other team closer to committing to a deal for the rights to Radulov — who, all things being at least somewhat close to equal (with all things meaning, money), seems to prefer continuing his career in the NHL as opposed to returning to the KHL.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...ALIXDqIjOWWKUK

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 11:25 AM
  #337
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Looks like another team may be closer than the Rangers. NY Post:



http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...ALIXDqIjOWWKUK
I hope he does stay in the NHL.

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 12:22 PM
  #338
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
I bet the other team is Pittsburgh to play on Malkin's wing. Rads would compliment him well. Can you the power play they could ice (if they really wanted to)?

Radulov-Malkin-Neal
Crosby-Letang


Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 01:54 PM
  #339
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I bet the other team is Pittsburgh to play on Malkin's wing. Rads would compliment him well. Can you the power play they could ice (if they really wanted to)?

Radulov-Malkin-Neal
Crosby-Letang

Well, been talking about Radulov, Ellis for Staal.

Radulov-Malkin-Neal
Crosby-Ellis.

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
  #340
NshPredFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Well, been talking about Radulov, Ellis for Staal.

Radulov-Malkin-Neal
Crosby-Ellis.
I can easily see Rads playing with Malkin. In fact I believe Geno has been trying to convince him to stay in the NHL. That would make for an interesting line...there's a huge amount of scoring potential there.

NshPredFan is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 11:04 AM
  #341
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 42,192
vCash: 500
Welcome to the boards, Nsh!

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 12:58 PM
  #342
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
CSKA has acquired ‪#KHL‬ rights to Radulov from Salavat Yulaev.
https://twitter.com/dchesnokov/statu...22742645862400

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 01:04 PM
  #343
ilikeblocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Looks like Ufa lost faith in a Radulov return to the KHL.

ilikeblocks is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
  #344
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,337
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
Looks like Ufa lost faith in a Radulov return to the KHL.
I think it was pretty clear that Radulov had no intention of returning to Ufa, it just remains as to whether he wants to play in the NHL for someone else or just go home and be big fish in the small pond...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
  #345
NshPredFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Welcome to the boards, Nsh!
Thank you. Glad to be posting for a change instead of just lurking.

NshPredFan is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:19 AM
  #346
NshPredFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think it was pretty clear that Radulov had no intention of returning to Ufa, it just remains as to whether he wants to play in the NHL for someone else or just go home and be big fish in the small pond...
CSKA has lots of money to waste it appears since they are willing to pay that kind of money for his rights without even having a commitment from him to play. With what they seem to be offering though, he has a hard decision to make. Play for the KHL, make huge sums of money and essentially be the face of hockey in Russia or make less money in the NHL and deal with lots of haters but get a chance to prove yourself against the most talented players in the world. Tough choice for anyone I think. Apparently Poile's interview said "never say never" about him returning. I have to wonder if Rad completely ended any talk of returning to the KHL if Poile would reopen negotiations. It would certainly help the trade value of his rights.

NshPredFan is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:57 PM
  #347
I Am Classless
Registered User
 
I Am Classless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Falkland Islands
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
Rangers fan here. Christ, I hope when the dust settles, we end up with this guy

I Am Classless is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 08:11 AM
  #348
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Didn't CSKA pay something like $6M just for his rights? If that's the case, they're probably sure he's coming back.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 08:41 PM
  #349
NshPredFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Didn't CSKA pay something like $6M just for his rights? If that's the case, they're probably sure he's coming back.
Yeah some ridiculous amount like that. However from what I gather he wanted to play here and the only thing he and Poile couldn't agree on was the length of the contract. No way was Poile offering what he could easily get from Fedorov. I think he wants to stay in the NHL or he would have had a contract signed as soon as CSKA acquired his rights. They are apparently willing to give him anything he wants.

NshPredFan is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 12:56 AM
  #350
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NshPredFan View Post
Yeah some ridiculous amount like that. However from what I gather he wanted to play here and the only thing he and Poile couldn't agree on was the length of the contract. No way was Poile offering what he could easily get from Fedorov. I think he wants to stay in the NHL or he would have had a contract signed as soon as CSKA acquired his rights. They are apparently willing to give him anything he wants.
incorrect. they did not see eye to eye on alot of thigs, specifically how to act like a professional. and it isn't just about the phoenix thing.

token grinder is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.