HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - All Purpose Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Rick Nash - All Purpose Thread

Quote:
@DarrenDreger

NYR went hard after Nash at the deadline knowing it would take them out of Parise running. If CBJ are realistic,Nash will be a target again
With Parise seemingly (as of now) crossing the Rangers off his list, do we start Round II or Nash to Broadway?

Old
06-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

vCash: 500
I don't want any part of what CBJ will be asking for.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
eclipse2411

As a CBJ fan..I sure hope so. I love the players on the NYR roster that we would get in return. If Nash is going to be traded, I hope it's to NYR...for the right deal of course.

Think this is too much? Hearing NYR think basically anything is too much...and that was before how good Kreider did..i'm not surprised though

Dubi (salary), Kreider, Miller, Erixson/MDZ

for

Nash

Old
06-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
As a CBJ fan..I sure hope so. I love the players on the NYR roster that we would get in return. If Nash is going to be traded, I hope it's to NYR...for the right deal of course.

Think this is too much? Hearing NYR think basically anything is too much...and that was before how good Kreider did..i'm not surprised though

Dubi (salary), Kreider, Miller, Erixson/MDZ

for

Nash
In my opinion Kreider is completely off-limits.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Jerzey Devil

I think they will go for it but there are a few reason why I think they shouldn't.

1) If they got him he'd be the highest paid player on the team.

2) They would have 4 players with a cap hit over 6.5 million. Almost 29 million in cap space to 4 players. They'd have to move Gaborik.

3) That's a lot of years and a lot of cap space to be taking a chance on. There's a chance he comes in and doesn't have chemistry with anyone.

But Sather is the best at getting rid of bad contract so you never know.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
EnglishDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
As a Devils fan, i personally think the Rangers are absolutely better off seeing how their young guys pan out. Kreider was the most dangerous player on the ice in their series against us and looks to be a really promising prospect.

However if Columbus is parting with Nash, they're going to want substantial value back; which probably means Kreider as a starting point. NY would probably have to determine who they value more, they know what they're getting with Nash, but who knows what Kreider could eventually turn into.

Will be interesting to see if they make a serious play for him.

- EnglishDevil

Old
06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Kreider is already in our top six. We're trying to win the Cup next year, we're not giving away top roster players. The only roster players you'll see in a deal are tweeners like Dubinsky, Anisimov, or Del Zotto. Guys like Kreider and McDonagh are the top players on the team at their position.

I would deal Stepan, but we really can't afford it because our center depth is arid.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Mgd31

I assume McDonagh, Staal, and Kreider are off limits.

Columbus would probably be looking at an MDZ+, Dubinsky+ or Stepan+ package

Old
06-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Totally get this and I would be of the same mind, if I was a NYR fan.

CBJ should target Dubinsky, one of Stepan/Girardi, one of Erixon/Miller (depending on which of Stepan or Girardi) and the Rangers' first-round pick this year. Maybe "settle" for just either the prospect or pick.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
With Parise seemingly (as of now) crossing the Rangers off his list, do we start Round II or Nash to Broadway?
I'm sure the Rangers will kick the tires again, but as it's been said before, Howson is trying to correct years worth of poor drafting and player development with a single trade. As Gordie Clarke put it:

Quote:
They were asking for so bloody much. As I said in the [war] room, 'Jeez, Columbus wants to give us Nash, but they want us to look like Columbus when we get him.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...617593494.html

Rick Nash is a great player, but he's not the kind of player you gut your team for. He's overpaid, and he's going to be overpaid for a long time. With the cap uncertainty, and the absurd asking price, I can't see Nash ending up on Broadway.

If the Rangers can land Schultz, and he or Erixon (or both) make a solid impact with the big club next year, then I'd expect Del Zotto to be dangled. However, as of right now, McDonagh, Staal, Del Zotto, Hagelin, Kreider, and Stepan are all off the board. If that takes us out of the Nash sweepstakes, then so be it. Few on our side of the fence will be complaining.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post

CBJ should target Dubinsky, one of Stepan/Girardi, one of Erixon/Miller (depending on which of Stepan or Girardi) and the Rangers' first-round pick this year. Maybe "settle" for just either the prospect or pick.
That is the problem though....Kreider's emergence (albeit brief) has probably removed him from a possible trade. The Jackets have to get back scoring in the deal. If Kreider is off limits who would be the centerpiece of the deal: Dubi lol, Anisomov (no), Stephan (meh), Gaborik (too old), Richards (no)

The Rangers young players/prospects depth is "very impressive" but the majority of the studs are on the blue line.

Just don't think a CBJ/NYR trade is realistic without Kreider. So in other words, time to move on.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Jerzey Devil

Could Semin be a plan B (or C) for the Rangers? Or even Jagr perhaps?

Old
06-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
That is the problem though....Kreider's emergence (albeit brief) has probably removed him from a possible trade. The Jackets have to get back scoring in the deal. If Kreider is off limits who would be the centerpiece of the deal: Dubi lol, Anisomov (no), Stephan (meh), Gaborik (too old), Richards (no)

The Rangers young players/prospects depth is "very impressive" but the majority of the studs are on the blue line.

Just don't think a CBJ/NYR trade is realistic without Kreider. So in other words, time to move on.
I really feel like your best package is going to be from NYR. Howson is running out of teams to negotiate with.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
I really feel like your best package is going to be from NYR. Howson is running out of teams to negotiate with.
Burke is probably in on Nash too. Two of the biggest teams.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
However, as of right now, McDonagh, Staal, Del Zotto, Hagelin, Kreider, and Stepan are all off the board. If that takes us out of the Nash sweepstakes, then so be it. Few on our side of the fence will be complaining.
First off, I don't necessarily expect something to happen on this either, but...

You can build a trade from your list and mine that looks like:
Dubinsky, Girardi, Miller, 1st
for
Nash

Quote:

Disagree that return for Nash MUST include scoring. How much scoring do you expect to get back? Feel free to move on, I guess. It's all just HF fun and games anyway.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:51 PM
TOML

Gaborik will likely be moved and he won't like the destination.

Heatley 2.0

TOML

Old
06-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Senorchris

The Rangers will be competing for the cup next year - they aren't going to make moves that rob Peter to pay Paul. If they do deal for Nash (and I'm sure with Gaborik out until Nov/Dec they're doing a lil' more than just kicking the tires), the top offer will be (in my mind):

- one of the three LWs that Nash will replace (Dubinsky, Hagelin, Kreider)
- MDZ (if they get assurances that either sign Schultz will sign or they sign/acquire a different RH PMD)
- picks and prospects: NYR 2012 1st pretty much a given, +/- depending which of the LWs are included above; e.g. Kreider: nothing; Dubinsky: JT Miller/McIlrath + 2nd 2013; Hagelin: JT Miller/McIlrath

There's absolutely 0% chance of NYR moving one of the top three D (McD, Girardi, Staal) for Nash - that significantly weakens their team in 2013 (unless they manage to sign Suter, but salary/chemistry/BIG if).

If I had to guess, Sather will be offering: Dubinsky, MDZ, McIlrath/JT Miller (CBJ picks), 1st 2012. He'd probably throw in an additional 2nd, or switch Dubinsky with Hagelin, but I doubt very much he'd go much higher.

Dubinsky isn't a salary dump - he's ideally a 2nd line LW (40-50 points) and first pair PK, but will fill in on 1st line LW (would hit 60p with PP time as a net presence/sideboard guy, which he gets next to none with NYR) or 2nd line C. One down year (and it wasn't even *that* down!) doesn't make the guy chopped liver, and his salary is more than reasonable. If Chris Kelly is worth $3m, Dubinsky is easily worth his $4.2m.

He's included in every NYR proposal because he has the highest cap of NYR's three 1st/2nd line LWs, and would be the best fit for the NYR to turn into a primary scorer (we have enough PK cover, and Nash would replace his board presence on whatever line he plays on).

He will replace Nash short term for the CBJ, and might surprise and excel in a 1st line LW role (if chemistry clicks).

Old
06-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Columbus would be wholly within its rights to target Kreider, and perhaps insist on Kreider, and call it a deal breaker. New York, though, should keep him, even if it means breaking off talks.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
If by that joke of a package featuring Dubi and a couple C level prospects (Thomas, Miller) and a pick....nah. We'll do much better.

I would much rather keep Nash than dump a star for some pieces of "poop"

And for the record I am a CBJ fan hoping to start over without big #61.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:56 PM
EnglishDevil

As a neutral fan (as neutral as a NJ fan can be towards NYR ) i think there is a solid middle ground to be met between these two teams.

Obviously Columbus (rightfully so) will ask for a lot, presumably they want young surefire talent coming back their way for parting with their franchise player. On the NYR side of the coin, they've got a wealth of prospects, defenceman and picks; things a rebuilding Columbus team would definitely love to have.

I completely agree with the assessment that Kreider is off limits for NYR, he's clearly very gifted and had a great playoffs, he was consistently the most dangerous player on the ice against my Devils. Although Columbus fans will argue he's exactly what they should be getting back for a superstar in Rick Nash, i still think they shouldn't be too quick to sneeze at what the Rangers can potentially offer.

In my mind something along the lines of the following seems like a potentially appealing deal for both sides:

To

Rick Nash

To

Brandon Dubinsky - Clearly a talented player who struggled to find his form a little bit this season. Obviously he makes a logical starting point, as it sends a proven NHL forward (who's by no means a slouch) back to Columbus and also helps balance out the salary side of things considering the fairly large price tag that comes the Rangers way along with Nash.

Michael Del Zotto - Obviously a skilled defenceman who needs to work a little on the defensive side of his game, but has bucket loads of potential and offensive potency to boot. Although with their recent acquisition of Jack Johnson and the existing presence of Tyutin and Wisniewski on their blueline; it gives Columbus a deep, smooth skating blueline that can move the puck efficiently. I imagine MDZ as being expendable for the right price given that the Rangers have Girardi, Staal and McDonagh to lead their blueline regardless.

J.T Miller - Probably the Rangers top prospect outside of Kreider, pretty much a given that one of the two has to go back to Columbus to make this deal work; Nash is a proven superstar in this league and the Blue Jackets definitely can't replace his presence up front with Brandon Dubinsky alone. This gives Columbus a nice prospect who promises to a skilled player in the NHL sooner rather than later, something they'll definitely need to accompany their decent defensive core.

NYR 1st 2012 (28th Overall) - I believe NYR is picking 28th overall (don't throw me under the bus if i'm wrong, i didn't check; either way it's a late first from being ECF representatives and having the most points in the east). It gives Columbus another nice pick in a relatively strong depth draft that they can use to strengthen a position of weakness (I'm thinking Goaltender) that they wouldn't use their own 2nd overall pick on. There are a lot of nice goaltenders in this draft that will be available towards the end of the 1st round, having another first rounder never hurts and allows Columbus to stockpile even more depth in their prospect pool as they go through their rebuild.

-

This is merely my suggestion as a neutral fan, i think the NYR pay a sufficiently steep price to acquire their superstar forward while CBJ receive substantial quantity AND quality for their captain. Although you can argue they'd want Kreider, or Girardi/Stepan etc, i think this package is both reasonable and addresses both teams needs.

You could perhaps swap Stepan for Dubinsky without it damaging the value too much; although i'm not sure NYR fans will share my sentiment.

- EnglishDevil

Old
06-13-2012, 02:56 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post

While I think that a deal can be made, I'm nor sure that either Stepan or Girardi will be part of it.

Dubi, Anisimov, MDZ and our 1st in this draft

That's three solid roster players and a 1st for Nash.

Is it an overpayment? Some may say yes, I'm of the opinion that this is a solid deal for both parties.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
If by that joke of a package featuring Dubi and a couple C level prospects (Thomas, Miller) and a pick....nah. We'll do much better.

I would much rather keep Nash than dump a star for some pieces of "poop"

And for the record I am a CBJ fan hoping to start over without big #61.
This day and age, noone's gonna rebuild your franchise for you. Decent prospects and a 1st is probably what you're looking at at best.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Man damn rangers getting nash lol

06-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
As a neutral fan (as neutral as a NJ fan can be towards NYR ) i think there is a solid middle ground to be met between these two teams.

Obviously Columbus (rightfully so) will ask for a lot, presumably they want young surefire talent coming back their way for parting with their franchise player. On the NYR side of the coin, they've got a wealth of prospects, defenceman and picks; things a rebuilding Columbus team would definitely love to have.

I completely agree with the assessment that Kreider is off limits for NYR, he's clearly very gifted and had a great playoffs, he was consistently the most dangerous player on the ice against my Devils. Although Columbus fans will argue he's exactly what they should be getting back for a superstar in Rick Nash, i still think they shouldn't be too quick to sneeze at what the Rangers can potentially offer.

In my mind something along the lines of the following seems like a potentially appealing deal for both sides:

To

Rick Nash

To

Brandon Dubinsky - Clearly a talented player who struggled to find his form a little bit this season. Obviously he makes a logical starting point, as it sends a proven NHL forward (who's by no means a slouch) back to Columbus and also helps balance out the salary side of things considering the fairly large price tag that comes the Rangers way along with Nash.

Michael Del Zotto - Obviously a skilled defenceman who needs to work a little on the defensive side of his game, but has bucket loads of potential and offensive potency to boot. Although with their recent acquisition of Jack Johnson and the existing presence of Tyutin and Wisniewski on their blueline; it gives Columbus a deep, smooth skating blueline that can move the puck efficiently. I imagine MDZ as being expendable for the right price given that the Rangers have Girardi, Staal and McDonagh to lead their blueline regardless.

J.T Miller - Probably the Rangers top prospect outside of Kreider, pretty much a given that one of the two has to go back to Columbus to make this deal work; Nash is a proven superstar in this league and the Blue Jackets definitely can't replace his presence up front with Brandon Dubinsky alone. This gives Columbus a nice prospect who promises to a skilled player in the NHL sooner rather than later, something they'll definitely need to accompany their decent defensive core.

NYR 1st 2012 (28th Overall) - I believe NYR is picking 28th overall (don't throw me under the bus if i'm wrong, i didn't check; either way it's a late first from being ECF representatives and having the most points in the east). It gives Columbus another nice pick in a relatively strong depth draft that they can use to strengthen a position of weakness (I'm thinking Goaltender) that they wouldn't use their own 2nd overall pick on. There are a lot of nice goaltenders in this draft that will be available towards the end of the 1st round, having another first rounder never hurts and allows Columbus to stockpile even more depth in their prospect pool as they go through their rebuild.

-

This is merely my suggestion as a neutral fan, i think the NYR pay a sufficiently steep price to acquire their superstar forward while CBJ receive substantial quantity AND quality for their captain. Although you can argue they'd want Kreider, or Girardi/Stepan etc, i think this package is both reasonable and addresses both teams needs.

You could perhaps swap Stepan for Dubinsky without it damaging the value too much; although i'm not sure NYR fans will share my sentiment.

- EnglishDevil
I think this is a reasonable deal as is, and this is just about what I would do.

Like I said before, I really don't see how we can include Stepan, we have no centers.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:01 PM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorchris View Post

- one of the three LWs that Nash will replace (Dubinsky, Hagelin, Kreider)
- MDZ (if they get assurances that either sign Schultz will sign or they sign/acquire a different RH PMD)
- picks and prospects: NYR 2012 1st pretty much a given, +/- depending which of the LWs are included above; e.g. Kreider: nothing; Dubinsky: JT Miller/McIlrath + 2nd 2013; Hagelin: JT Miller/McIlrath
By this logic it sounds like a potential deal for Krieder, MDZ, and the 1st.

I think I'd be happy with that for Nash but maybe could we whine a 2nd or 3rd out of the Rangers as well? Pretty please.

Closed Thread