HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - All Purpose Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Cash for Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Columbus would be wholly within its rights to target Kreider, and perhaps insist on Kreider, and call it a deal breaker. New York, though, should keep him, even if it means breaking off talks.
Well said...agree with everything here....And how it will probably end up.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:03 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 50
I'd prefer Sather didn't saddle the Rangers with that millstone of a contract while lopping off a good chunk of young talent.

I think Dubi will have a good bounce back season (Assuming he's still here...lol).

Old
06-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
First off, I don't necessarily expect something to happen on this either, but...

You can build a trade from your list and mine that looks like:
Dubinsky, Girardi, Miller, 1st
for
Nash
You're right, but I don't believe Girardi would be traded either. He's the only RHD we are sure to have return next season. Sauer has PCS issues, and Stralman, Bickel and Eminger are all free agents -- not to mention they're obviously not top-pairing guys like Girardi.

I think if the Rangers trade a roster defensemen, it'll be because they've acquired one as a UFA or via trade. Then, depending on their cap situation, Del Zotto or Staal might become available. However, I'd have to think that they'd shop them around the league before settling on Nash.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:05 PM
EnglishDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I think this is a reasonable deal as is, and this is just about what I would do.

Like I said before, I really don't see how we can include Stepan, we have no centers.
Yeah, although i can't claim to know as much about your team as most NYR fans do, I agree getting rid of Stepan really hurts your center depth behind Richards; and this years FA pool is pretty thin pickings. I'm under the impression Anisimov isn't really a viable 2C for you guys correct?

Old
06-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
I'd prefer Sather didn't saddle the Rangers with that millstone of a contract while lopping off a good chunk of young talent.

I think Dubi will have a good bounce back season (Assuming he's still here...lol).
Dubsinky has 24 goals in his last 146 games and 6 of them are empty netters. What is he bouncing back to exactly?

Old
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
Yeah, although i can't claim to know as much about your team as most NYR fans do, I agree getting rid of Stepan really hurts your center depth behind Richards and this years FA pool is pretty thin pickings. I'm under the impression Anisimov isn't really a viable 2C for you guys correct?
No Anisimov is good, but personally I've pretty much written him off as a solid 3rd liner.

It's not that I don't like the guy, but I don't see him as a top 6 player.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:08 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Columbus would be wholly within its rights to target Kreider, and perhaps insist on Kreider, and call it a deal breaker. New York, though, should keep him, even if it means breaking off talks.
Yeah, that's kind of how I see this going. Unless NYR, knowing they'll be missing Gaborik (and all of his goals) for a while, wants the more known commodity in terms of scoring and is willing to sacrifice a few futures to win now. Even then, I feel like it's unlikely.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
As a CBJ fan..I sure hope so. I love the players on the NYR roster that we would get in return. If Nash is going to be traded, I hope it's to NYR...for the right deal of course.

Think this is too much? Hearing NYR think basically anything is too much...and that was before how good Kreider did..i'm not surprised though

Dubi (salary), Kreider, Miller, Erixson/MDZ

for

Nash
No chance. Don't even put Kreider into the proposal. Unless you were trolling to get the NYR fans riled up I think you're off the mark here. I think the Rangers have the players available but Kreider isn't one that's coming to the CBJ. IF, that's IF, the Rags were to include MDZ that shrinks your list even further.

I do think Dubi is logical and Miller would be a nice piece to have (Not sure he's a top end prospect but he's got potential) but I don't have a clue how this one could round out. I had hopes of players like McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider, MDZ but given the playoff performance, McDonagh and Kreider can be taken off that list. Most NYR fans probably say take Stepan and MDZ off too but I think one of them could potentially be made available in the package (balanced, of course)

Last edited by Xoggz22: 06-13-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old
06-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Senorchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslebn View Post
By this logic it sounds like a potential deal for Krieder, MDZ, and the 1st.

I think I'd be happy with that for Nash but maybe could we whine a 2nd or 3rd out of the Rangers as well? Pretty please.
I'd say that's probably fair value in a bubble (and would probably improve the Rangers next year), but Kreider's value is sky-high to the NYR right now - cost certainty (two years of ELC) to a team that usually skirts the salary cap is worth a fair chunk, and Kreider's recent playoff performance + marketability to the fanbase only adds to that.

I'm an NYR fan who's probably more skeptical of Kreider's ability to perform at the rate he played in the playoffs going forward than most (he's a better, stronger version of Hagelin to me - great forechecker, speed, strength, but somewhat lacking on creativity and vision), but I'm betting on him being valued high enough to be pretty much untouchable to the Rangers' brass for the reasons mentioned above.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
As a neutral fan (as neutral as a NJ fan can be towards NYR ) i think there is a solid middle ground to be met between these two teams.

Obviously Columbus (rightfully so) will ask for a lot, presumably they want young surefire talent coming back their way for parting with their franchise player. On the NYR side of the coin, they've got a wealth of prospects, defenceman and picks; things a rebuilding Columbus team would definitely love to have.

I completely agree with the assessment that Kreider is off limits for NYR, he's clearly very gifted and had a great playoffs, he was consistently the most dangerous player on the ice against my Devils. Although Columbus fans will argue he's exactly what they should be getting back for a superstar in Rick Nash, i still think they shouldn't be too quick to sneeze at what the Rangers can potentially offer.

In my mind something along the lines of the following seems like a potentially appealing deal for both sides:

To

Rick Nash

To

Brandon Dubinsky - Clearly a talented player who struggled to find his form a little bit this season. Obviously he makes a logical starting point, as it sends a proven NHL forward (who's by no means a slouch) back to Columbus and also helps balance out the salary side of things considering the fairly large price tag that comes the Rangers way along with Nash.

Michael Del Zotto - Obviously a skilled defenceman who needs to work a little on the defensive side of his game, but has bucket loads of potential and offensive potency to boot. Although with their recent acquisition of Jack Johnson and the existing presence of Tyutin and Wisniewski on their blueline; it gives Columbus a deep, smooth skating blueline that can move the puck efficiently. I imagine MDZ as being expendable for the right price given that the Rangers have Girardi, Staal and McDonagh to lead their blueline regardless.

J.T Miller - Probably the Rangers top prospect outside of Kreider, pretty much a given that one of the two has to go back to Columbus to make this deal work; Nash is a proven superstar in this league and the Blue Jackets definitely can't replace his presence up front with Brandon Dubinsky alone. This gives Columbus a nice prospect who promises to a skilled player in the NHL sooner rather than later, something they'll definitely need to accompany their decent defensive core.

NYR 1st 2012 (28th Overall) - I believe NYR is picking 28th overall (don't throw me under the bus if i'm wrong, i didn't check; either way it's a late first from being ECF representatives and having the most points in the east). It gives Columbus another nice pick in a relatively strong depth draft that they can use to strengthen a position of weakness (I'm thinking Goaltender) that they wouldn't use their own 2nd overall pick on. There are a lot of nice goaltenders in this draft that will be available towards the end of the 1st round, having another first rounder never hurts and allows Columbus to stockpile even more depth in their prospect pool as they go through their rebuild.

-

This is merely my suggestion as a neutral fan, i think the NYR pay a sufficiently steep price to acquire their superstar forward while CBJ receive substantial quantity AND quality for their captain. Although you can argue they'd want Kreider, or Girardi/Stepan etc, i think this package is both reasonable and addresses both teams needs.

You could perhaps swap Stepan for Dubinsky without it damaging the value too much; although i'm not sure NYR fans will share my sentiment.

- EnglishDevil
I was actually going to post that exact trade.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:13 PM
EnglishDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
No Anisimov is good, but personally I've pretty much written him off as a solid 3rd liner.

It's not that I don't like the guy, but I don't see him as a top 6 player.
That was my guess as well, that he was a solid third liner who could play a line higher if push came to shove. The only other possible way i see to send some more value back to Columbus without you guys parting with Stepan could be to take my original proposal and just add in Anisimov.

Dubinsky, Anisimov, MDZ, Miller, 1st for Nash.

That seems like a REALLY steep price to pay though; the logic behind it being that it allows you to keep your 2C in Stepan and replace what is lost in Anisimov through FA somehow. Obviously NY has huge appeal and salary wise i think sending three roster players back it would be a wash or maybe even free up some space for you guys. You could always target Stoll or someone in FA; but at some point i think what Columbus is asking for becomes a little ridiculous and i wouldn't blame you for walking away. It isn't the Rangers responsibility to fix all of Columbus' issues, even if Nash is a valuable piece.

Maybe Dubinsky, Anisimov, MDZ, Miller, 1st for Nash + Smaller piece from CBJ?

I feel like without something else going back from Columbus it's just too lopsided.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:14 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm sure the Rangers will kick the tires again, but as it's been said before, Howson is trying to correct years worth of poor drafting and player development with a single trade. As Gordie Clarke put it:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...617593494.html

Rick Nash is a great player, but he's not the kind of player you gut your team for. He's overpaid, and he's going to be overpaid for a long time. With the cap uncertainty, and the absurd asking price, I can't see Nash ending up on Broadway.

If the Rangers can land Schultz, and he or Erixon (or both) make a solid impact with the big club next year, then I'd expect Del Zotto to be dangled. However, as of right now, McDonagh, Staal, Del Zotto, Hagelin, Kreider, and Stepan are all off the board. If that takes us out of the Nash sweepstakes, then so be it. Few on our side of the fence will be complaining.
People need to seriously stop talking about how overpaid Nash is. He's one of the best scoring wingers in the league and he has many years of good production left. If the cap has any sort of a drastic lowering in the new CBA there WILL be a salary rollback. And if there is no drastic lowering than Nash is in no way overpaid with a cap of 70.3.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
If by that joke of a package featuring Dubi and a couple C level prospects (Thomas, Miller) and a pick....nah. We'll do much better.

I would much rather keep Nash than dump a star for some pieces of "poop"

And for the record I am a CBJ fan hoping to start over without big #61.
Come on Cash.... keep it civil. No need to poke the bear. We've seen plenty of bad CBJ proposals for Nash and gotten ridden hard. What you call a joke, could be what ends up being the basis for a package.

Nash is as good as gone. I had really hoped it wouldn't be to the Rags but they do have some attractive pieces and I think it's a very good fit given their struggles to score this off season.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:16 PM
EnglishDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I was actually going to post that exact trade.
It's pretty fair as far as i'm concerned as a neutral fan, and in all honesty if Nash wants out i don't see who else gives Columbus a better offer than that.

Quite interested to see how things pan out, who are the other players in the Nash sweepstakes? I believe San Jose was one of them, correct?

Old
06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
As a CBJ fan..I sure hope so. I love the players on the NYR roster that we would get in return. If Nash is going to be traded, I hope it's to NYR...for the right deal of course.

Think this is too much? Hearing NYR think basically anything is too much...and that was before how good Kreider did..i'm not surprised though

Dubi (salary), Kreider, Miller, Erixson/MDZ

for

Nash
The Rangers wouldn't make that deal at the deadline. Why would they now? Especially after they got a look at Kreider.

06-13-2012, 02:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
Could Semin be a plan B (or C) for the Rangers? Or even Jagr perhaps?
Please no to both.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Kershaw

Dubinsky and a 2nd rounder for a floating, defensive liability, lazy overpaid player.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You're right, but I don't believe Girardi would be traded either. He's the only RHD we are sure to have return next season. Sauer has PCS issues, and Stralman, Bickel and Eminger are all free agents -- not to mention they're obviously not top-pairing guys like Girardi.

I think if the Rangers trade a roster defensemen, it'll be because they've acquired one as a UFA or via trade. Then, depending on their cap situation, Del Zotto or Staal might become available. However, I'd have to think that they'd shop them around the league before settling on Nash.
Well see you didn't make Girardi off-limits in your first post.

Staal would be my alternate, but he was off-limits.

Quote:

To

Rick Nash

To

Brandon Dubinsky - Clearly a talented player who struggled to find his form a little bit this season. Obviously he makes a logical starting point, as it sends a proven NHL forward (who's by no means a slouch) back to Columbus and also helps balance out the salary side of things considering the fairly large price tag that comes the Rangers way along with Nash.

Michael Del Zotto - Obviously a skilled defenceman who needs to work a little on the defensive side of his game, but has bucket loads of potential and offensive potency to boot. Although with their recent acquisition of Jack Johnson and the existing presence of Tyutin and Wisniewski on their blueline; it gives Columbus a deep, smooth skating blueline that can move the puck efficiently. I imagine MDZ as being expendable for the right price given that the Rangers have Girardi, Staal and McDonagh to lead their blueline regardless.

J.T Miller - Probably the Rangers top prospect outside of Kreider, pretty much a given that one of the two has to go back to Columbus to make this deal work; Nash is a proven superstar in this league and the Blue Jackets definitely can't replace his presence up front with Brandon Dubinsky alone. This gives Columbus a nice prospect who promises to a skilled player in the NHL sooner rather than later, something they'll definitely need to accompany their decent defensive core.

NYR 1st 2012 (28th Overall) - I believe NYR is picking 28th overall (don't throw me under the bus if i'm wrong, i didn't check; either way it's a late first from being ECF representatives and having the most points in the east). It gives Columbus another nice pick in a relatively strong depth draft that they can use to strengthen a position of weakness (I'm thinking Goaltender) that they wouldn't use their own 2nd overall pick on. There are a lot of nice goaltenders in this draft that will be available towards the end of the 1st round, having another first rounder never hurts and allows Columbus to stockpile even more depth in their prospect pool as they go through their rebuild.
Yeah probably close but personally I'd hold out for Girardi or Staal instead of del Zotto.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Dubinsky and a 2nd rounder for a floating, defensive liability, lazy overpaid player.
You do know this is Rick Nash not Marian Gaborik

Old
06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
You do know this is Rick Nash not Marian Gaborik
Please. Gaborik is a much better player than Nash and it's not even close.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Xoggz22

I haven't seen Staal's name yet.... (probably for good reason but hey...it's HF) Any chance he could be part a package? He's exactly the type of D-man I'd love to see complement our group (JJ, Wiz, Tyutin - remember him Nikitin, Moore, Methot).

I'm also very big on Stepan. I won't pretend that I could put a fair proposal together to include both of these so I'll just leave it at that.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:26 PM
MISC*
Negged.

I think it will have to be:

MDZ
Stephan
Dubinsky
Erixon/McIlrath or a 1st

Old
06-13-2012, 02:26 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
different player.

Not so much a better player.

I think that Nash is a better goal scorer in the sense that he can score inmore of a variey of ways.

Gabby is underrated defensively and by no means lazy, but I feel the same about Nash in that sense as well.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
To each their own. If someone told me I have $9 million of cap space and had the #1 right winger option of Gaborik at $7.5 mil or Rick Nash at $7.8 mil (not counting that their contracts are different length), I'd go with Rick Nash. That's just me though.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I haven't seen Staal's name yet.... (probably for good reason but hey...it's HF) Any chance he could be part a package? He's exactly the type of D-man I'd love to see complement our group (JJ, Wiz, Tyutin - remember him Nikitin, Moore, Methot).

I'm also very big on Stepan. I won't pretend that I could put a fair proposal together to include both of these so I'll just leave it at that.
Not a chance. Sather traded for Jaromir Jagr for Anson Carter and a draft pick. This was the same Jagr that requested a trade and was struggling mightily with the Caps by his standards. He was still a PPG player. You could expect a trade centered around Anisimov or Dubinsky.

Closed Thread