HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Old
06-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Wouldn't mind Radulov if Roy was the coach.
I don't really see the point. Radulov had success with Roy as coach in junior but this is two levels higher. Radulov could have played for Bugs Bunny at 19 in the Q and he would have ripped it up.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Why are the Preds no longer showing interest in either players so early? They added them for the playoffs. Obviously, they needed them. Preds lacked offense.

So why do the Preds no longer want them, if they are such fine players?
I'm pretty sure that Radulov was on a very short leash with the Preds after ditching them 4 years ago, to only come back at the end of this season to finish his ELC.

His disappointing playoffs culminating into his breaking curfew was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back

What he needs is a clean slate. We could certainly use him

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:51 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
I'm pretty sure that Radulov was on a very short leash with the Preds after ditching them 4 years ago, to only come back at the end of this season to finish his ELC.

His disappointing playoffs culminating into his breaking curfew was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back

Look, i get they were unhappy at him missing the curfew.

But "disappointing playoffs"?! He was their best scorer Point/game!

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Look, i get they were unhappy at him missing the curfew.

But "disappointing playoffs"?! He was their best scorer Point/game!
I was being generous to the "NAY" crowd

But don't get me wrong. I want him to sign here

Old
06-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:

Given the salary he commands, he will be considered a core element of the team. Do we really want to take that chance?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Given the salary he commands, he will be considered a core element of the team. Do we really want to take that chance?
Did he ever make his salary demands public (I'd really like to know if anybody heard something)? Otherwise, pegging him as a 6-7M player is probably too high, especially if the demand for his services is simply not there

But you're right. If he was making "Gomez" money, I would likely pass on Radulov. Otherwise, say in the Cole range, most certainly

Old
06-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Did he ever make his salary demands public (I'd really like to know if anybody heard something)? Otherwise, pegging him as a 6-7M player is probably too high, especially if the demand for his services is simply not there

But you're right. If he was making "Gomez" money, I would likely pass on Radulov. Otherwise, say in the Cole range, most certainly
I think he'll be in the 5.25-6 mil/year range which is neither the Cole or the Gomez range.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think he'll be in the 5.25-6 mil/year range which is neither the Cole or the Gomez range.
It's the "Cammalleri" price range. And Radulov is an upgrade over Cammy.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It will only go that high if there's a bidding war. If there's a bidding war, we never win

Problem solved

Old
06-13-2012, 02:31 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Where are people coming up with these numbers?

If Radulov goes to another NHL team he'll be making 5 at the MAX and it might be closer to 4.

He blew his chance at getting those big time dollars by 26 when he ran off to Russia, he has to earn that big pay day.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Where are people coming up with these numbers?

If Radulov goes to another NHL team he'll be making 5 at the MAX and it might be closer to 4.

He blew his chance at getting those big time dollars by 26 when he ran off to Russia, he has to earn that big pay day.
It's a supply demand market and there demand is a lot higher tahn the supply so radulov will get 5+ if he sticks in the NHL.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Why are the Preds no longer showing interest in either players so early? They added them for the playoffs. Obviously, they needed them. Preds lacked offense.

So why do the Preds no longer want them, if they are such fine players?
Because they suck and are cancer. Happy now?

Or maybe, just maybe they have other priorities, plans or want to take another direction.

Poile said he's happy with their current top 6 with SK, Legwand, Fisher, Erat, Hornqvist and Bourque. I personally don't think that top 6 can win any championship.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:06 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Yes...!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

Or maybe, just maybe they have other priorities, plans or want to take another direction.
Personnaly I think there's good chances that Radulov and AK just don't want to sign for Nashville .

Not every player are happy in these kind of market and why would they want to sign in the organization that bench them in the playoff?

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:46 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Personnaly I think there's good chances that Radulov and AK just don't want to sign for Nashville .

Not every player are happy in these kind of market and why would they want to sign in the organization that bench them in the playoff?
They might actualy be the ones who are the most bitter about the event.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:20 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
If you followed hockey outside the Habs, you would know that Grabovski is a much much much more better hockey player now. I've watch a lot of Leafs game and he's dedicated to his team night in night out. Even Leafs fans would rather have him as their captain over canadian boy Phaneuf so you get the idea. Yeah of course, he's not the ideal captain but when the fans think he should be the captain of their team, he probably did something right.
If you followed hockey at all, you'd know that Stanley Cup teams don't have Radulov's on them.

Grabovski is a nice player and all, and I'm sure he's grown up, but if you want to build something special, there's no room for a player like him. He wouldn't be on any of the cup teams since the lockout.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Actually, that was only speculation, one that you obviously didn't question and ate up like a fat kid eats cake. Radu even said to the journalists it wasn't that late but he didn't want to address it so he let it go.

What later came out was that Radu and AK were 1 hour late, and completely sober.

TRANSLATING ------------------------------------- TRANSLATION:

Radu and AK were partying till 4am, got hammered, are cancers, showed extreme disrespect to their teammates, coaches and GMs.

God I love Habs fans..
Sure, believe what you want (as usual). And while you're at it, why not refute the fact that the Preds went public in saying that they don't want Radulov on their team anymore and that, in spite of his great talent. There must be another excuse somewhere, right Kriss?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
If you followed hockey at all, you'd know that Stanley Cup teams don't have Radulov's on them.

Grabovski is a nice player and all, and I'm sure he's grown up, but if you want to build something special, there's no room for a player like him. He wouldn't be on any of the cup teams since the lockout.
What do you mean by "player like him". In the last 2 seasons, Grabovski has changed quite a bit and has become a good hockey player. He works hard, is not shy of getting his nose dirty. So as a hockey player, what's wrong with Grabovski because I kinda feel you don't like him just because of his nationality.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:31 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
What do you mean by "player like him". In the last 2 seasons, Grabovski has changed quite a bit and has become a good hockey player. He works hard, is not shy of getting his nose dirty. So as a hockey player, what's wrong with Grabovski because I kinda feel you don't like him just because of his nationality.
First, you assume I don't watch hockey outside of the Habs, then you get a feeling that I don't like Belarussians? You're wayyy out to left field. Stop with the assumptions, I'm against hotshots of all nations.

Grabovski has gotten much better as a player, it's obvious. He's still not the kind of player you win with. Plays the perimeter, not strong on his skates and in board battles. Not strong enough defensively to match up against top centers and not strong enough offensively to be a go-to option. Doesn't possess the intangibles to overcome these shortcomings either(Will, character, leadership, etc.).

Just my opinion of course.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
First, you assume I don't watch hockey outside of the Habs, then you get a feeling that I don't like Belarussians? You're wayyy out to left field. Stop with the assumptions, I'm against hotshots of all nations.

Grabovski has gotten much better as a player, it's obvious. He's still not the kind of player you win with. Plays the perimeter, not strong on his skates and in board battles. Not strong enough defensively to match up against top centers and not strong enough offensively to be a go-to option. Doesn't possess the intangibles to overcome these shortcomings either(Will, character, leadership, etc.).

Just my opinion of course.
It always makes me laugh when I read, you don't win with this guy or that guy. How do you know? We let Ryder go because apparently, he is a one dimensional player that score useless goals. Well, he was an important part of the Bruins' cup. Penner was also know for being a lazy ass that will never help a team win a cup. He was also part of the Kings success.

In the playoffs, if your team all pushes in the same direction, anything can happen.

As for Grabovski lacking will, character and leadership, ask the Leafs fan, you will be surprise. Like I said, in a thread about leadership on the main board, lot of Leafs fans want Grabovski to be their captain instead of Phaneuf. Of course, I doubt a team will win any cup if Grabovski is their biggest leader/best player but my point is that he has mature a lot and showing much more leadership, dedication, character to his team.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:11 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
It always makes me laugh when I read, you don't win with this guy or that guy. How do you know?
Look at the forward lines for every cup team since the lockout and you'll see for yourself.

Quote:
We let Ryder go because apparently, he is a one dimensional player that score useless goals. Well, he was an important part of the Bruins' cup. Penner was also know for being a lazy ass that will never help a team win a cup. He was also part of the Kings success.
I'd never put these guys in that category. Two huge bodies with great shots but consistency issues. Not deserving of big contracts but definitely have the potential to come up with timely goals in the tight checking playoffs. Not guys I'd chase in free-agency or build around but definitely as rentals if you're trying to take the next step.

In the playoffs, if your team all pushes in the same direction, anything can happen.

Quote:
As for Grabovski lacking will, character and leadership, ask the Leafs fan, you will be surprise. Like I said, in a thread about leadership on the main board, lot of Leafs fans want Grabovski to be their captain instead of Phaneuf. Of course, I doubt a team will win any cup if Grabovski is their biggest leader/best player but my point is that he has mature a lot and showing much more leadership, dedication, character to his team.
In any case I'm being too hard on Grabovski because I don't think he's a detriment to the Leafs, and I like watching him play. I simply don't think he's good enough to center a championship caliber team. Radulov on the other hand, is a very talented player, but a headcase. The kind of guy you go to only if he is your last choice, and even then you'd have to think twice. He's there for himself, and in team sports that's usually a fatal blow. I'd take Semin over him anyday. I actually hope we could land Semin on the cheap(extremely doubtful, I know) because I think Markov could motivate him to play a more complete game.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's the "Cammalleri" price range. And Radulov is an upgrade over Cammy.
Uh, no he isn't..

Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Uh, no he isn't..
Cammalleri may have been a better scorer do to his supreme shot, one timers but I say that Radulov has the same upside to his offensive game. At 26, he will enter the prime of his career and I say he can be a 70pts plus player.
Cammalleri was terrible along the wall in the defensive zone for us but I still wish we had keeped him and traded some other small guys. He was clutch in the PO offensively and we will need this come next season.

Radulov would be great for us or any other team. I say get a deal done so that management, coaches and personnel can stir him to the right road and come to camp in tip top shape. He needs to be pampered a bit but the rewards could be huge. The talent, size and hockey IQ are all there and any team getting this guy will get an offensive boast wich we need badly.

What I would give for him may be less then others or to much for some but at the end of the day, the guy is a top 15 talent in the NHL.
I would try real bad to get a deal done that would include one roaster player , prospect and a conditional pick in 2012/13

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Uh, no he isn't..
Yes he is. Cammalleri when not scoring can go on some bad streaks like last year and is very ineffective. Radulov can be a more dominant player is he puts his mind to it. Again depending on what the Preds are looking for, I would definitely target him and give him a shot. I would give back Nashville 2nd rounder for this year and keep next year's as I don't think they will be as good as this year especially with Suter and other forwards leaving the team

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:36 AM
PricePkPatch

Cammaleri, when he's out of his game, has little impact on the flow of the play. He had a devastating snipe shot, but otherwise ain't that great in influencing the play.

Radulov, as much as people want to criticize him, is big and charge the net on a constant basis. Just this can be raelly helpful to his teammates.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote