HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - All Purpose Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 05:15 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
I just don't see Sather giving Columbus what it wants or Columbus settling for what the Rangers offer.
For once,I agree with you.

Nash will end up in Toronto or SJ.

Old
06-13-2012, 05:21 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sather offered what he offered in February. He offered more than he originally wanted to offer. Miller was on the untouchable list and Erixon wasn't on that list but he wasn't someone management wanted to move. He would have had Nash for this playoff run which was important. That's now gone. Who knows what happens next season. There will be a lockout.

Dubinsky
McIllrath
#1 round pick(#28)

Old
06-13-2012, 05:31 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
For once,I agree with you.

Nash will end up in Toronto or SJ.
If it's down to those 2 teams I honestly think he ends up with us because while SJ has better vets most have NTC that I doubt they waive for the jackets and the leafs have a much deeper prospect pool

Old
06-13-2012, 05:37 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Sather offered what he offered in February. He offered more than he originally wanted to offer. Miller was on the untouchable list and Erixon wasn't on that list but he wasn't someone management wanted to move. He would have had Nash for this playoff run which was important. That's now gone. Who knows what happens next season. There will be a lockout.

Dubinsky
McIllrath
#1 round pick(#28)
The Blue Jackets pass and do business with somebody else. The Nash trade will be the most important deal in the history of the Blue Jackets franchise, and this deal simply wouldn't cut it.

Old
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
In my opinion Kreider is completely off-limits.
He should be. In a few years, he and Nash may have similar numbers, but Kreider at a way lower cap hit

Old
06-13-2012, 05:46 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
If it's down to those 2 teams I honestly think he ends up with us because while SJ has better vets most have NTC that I doubt they waive for the jackets and the leafs have a much deeper prospect pool
We wouldn't trade anyone with a NTC anyway because it wouldn't make any sense. Can't trade Thornton, trading Marleau is at worst lateral and at best a downgrade, Havlat wouldn't be of interest (and his clause may be voided anyway), and Boyle is a defensemen.

We can however trade Clowe, Pavelski, Niemi, Demers, Braun, etc and some combination is what I expect.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:02 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I heard that Aaron Portzline of the FAN590 on Monday night. The Leafs are #1 on the Nash. SJ is 2nd. He grew up a big Leafs guy.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Ken Campbell wrote a free agent/trade preview for THN a few weeks ago. He quoted someone(identified him as "one observer")who said some GMs wouldn't trade Kreider straight up for Nash. No is saying Nash isn't a good player. Sather got Jagr for Anson Carter AND he had Washington pay nearly 40% of the Jagr salary. Columbus wants another team to give up every top young asset they have and that team is paying the Nash contract for the next 6 years.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
I heard that Aaron Portzline of the FAN590 on Monday night. The Leafs are #1 on the Nash. SJ is 2nd. He grew up a big Leafs guy.
That makes sense as it doesn't appear that the Rangers will give up what Columbus wants (which is probably a package similar to what they gave up to acquire Jeff Carter from Columbus), and Toronto is desperate for another superstar forward like Rick Nash (although they need a C badly), and San Jose is looking to make a big splash this summer.

Toronto could offer their 1st along with Luke Schenn and Nazem Kadri for Rick Nash. I don't think San Jose will give up Logan Couture but they have other attractive names that could potentially be moved. Joe Pavelski and Jason Demers along with a 1st would be a nice return for Columbus.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:18 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
Nash isn't worth the contract he's signed to. Acquiring Nash would make New York worse, imo, and would cost too much.

If Dubinsky+ is all it took, Nash wouldn't be in Columbus right now. New York fans need to get realistic. I don't doubt that Howson asked for Calahan or Staal.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:21 PM
rangers5000

burke will over pay for nash and/or roberto, burke is desperate and he knows he will be canned if he misses the playoffs

he will make a stupid move just to make the playoffs and get swept in the first round while giving up the farm to get nash

duby/zotto/1st and maybe another low level prospect is all i would give, anymore would be overpaying, let the leafs overpay

Old
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
burke will over pay for nash and/or roberto, burke is desperate and he knows he will be canned if he misses the playoffs

he will make a stupid move just to make the playoffs and get swept in the first round while giving up the farm to get nash

duby/zotto/1st and maybe another low level prospect is all i would give, anymore would be overpaying, let the leafs overpay
he will overpay for nash but not luongo

Old
06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
As a neutral fan (as neutral as a NJ fan can be towards NYR ) i think there is a solid middle ground to be met between these two teams.

Obviously Columbus (rightfully so) will ask for a lot, presumably they want young surefire talent coming back their way for parting with their franchise player. On the NYR side of the coin, they've got a wealth of prospects, defenceman and picks; things a rebuilding Columbus team would definitely love to have.

I completely agree with the assessment that Kreider is off limits for NYR, he's clearly very gifted and had a great playoffs, he was consistently the most dangerous player on the ice against my Devils. Although Columbus fans will argue he's exactly what they should be getting back for a superstar in Rick Nash, i still think they shouldn't be too quick to sneeze at what the Rangers can potentially offer.

In my mind something along the lines of the following seems like a potentially appealing deal for both sides:

To

Rick Nash

To

Brandon Dubinsky - Clearly a talented player who struggled to find his form a little bit this season. Obviously he makes a logical starting point, as it sends a proven NHL forward (who's by no means a slouch) back to Columbus and also helps balance out the salary side of things considering the fairly large price tag that comes the Rangers way along with Nash.

Michael Del Zotto - Obviously a skilled defenceman who needs to work a little on the defensive side of his game, but has bucket loads of potential and offensive potency to boot. Although with their recent acquisition of Jack Johnson and the existing presence of Tyutin and Wisniewski on their blueline; it gives Columbus a deep, smooth skating blueline that can move the puck efficiently. I imagine MDZ as being expendable for the right price given that the Rangers have Girardi, Staal and McDonagh to lead their blueline regardless.

J.T Miller - Probably the Rangers top prospect outside of Kreider, pretty much a given that one of the two has to go back to Columbus to make this deal work; Nash is a proven superstar in this league and the Blue Jackets definitely can't replace his presence up front with Brandon Dubinsky alone. This gives Columbus a nice prospect who promises to a skilled player in the NHL sooner rather than later, something they'll definitely need to accompany their decent defensive core.

NYR 1st 2012 (28th Overall) - I believe NYR is picking 28th overall (don't throw me under the bus if i'm wrong, i didn't check; either way it's a late first from being ECF representatives and having the most points in the east). It gives Columbus another nice pick in a relatively strong depth draft that they can use to strengthen a position of weakness (I'm thinking Goaltender) that they wouldn't use their own 2nd overall pick on. There are a lot of nice goaltenders in this draft that will be available towards the end of the 1st round, having another first rounder never hurts and allows Columbus to stockpile even more depth in their prospect pool as they go through their rebuild.

-

This is merely my suggestion as a neutral fan, i think the NYR pay a sufficiently steep price to acquire their superstar forward while CBJ receive substantial quantity AND quality for their captain. Although you can argue they'd want Kreider, or Girardi/Stepan etc, i think this package is both reasonable and addresses both teams needs.

You could perhaps swap Stepan for Dubinsky without it damaging the value too much; although i'm not sure NYR fans will share my sentiment.

- EnglishDevil
This is a well reasoned post, and if a deal goes down this is what I expect it to look like.

I can understand if Columbus fans think they deserve more, but I don't think it will happen. Howson may ask, but I don't think Sather will budge much more than this.

As a NYR fan I want Nash but losing Del Zotto and Miller would definitely keep me up at night. Which IMO is a sign that 2 sides are approaching fair value.

06-13-2012, 07:38 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

^^ Also depending on the interest of TO/SJ/PHI a bidding war could wind up making a lot of CBJ fans happy after all.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:41 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

One last thing, Kreider and McDonagh won't get moved. Howson can ask, but it just will not happen.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:47 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
As a neutral fan (as neutral as a NJ fan can be towards NYR ) i think there is a solid middle ground to be met between these two teams.

Obviously Columbus (rightfully so) will ask for a lot, presumably they want young surefire talent coming back their way for parting with their franchise player. On the NYR side of the coin, they've got a wealth of prospects, defenceman and picks; things a rebuilding Columbus team would definitely love to have.

I completely agree with the assessment that Kreider is off limits for NYR, he's clearly very gifted and had a great playoffs, he was consistently the most dangerous player on the ice against my Devils. Although Columbus fans will argue he's exactly what they should be getting back for a superstar in Rick Nash, i still think they shouldn't be too quick to sneeze at what the Rangers can potentially offer.

In my mind something along the lines of the following seems like a potentially appealing deal for both sides:

To

Rick Nash

To

Brandon Dubinsky - Clearly a talented player who struggled to find his form a little bit this season. Obviously he makes a logical starting point, as it sends a proven NHL forward (who's by no means a slouch) back to Columbus and also helps balance out the salary side of things considering the fairly large price tag that comes the Rangers way along with Nash.

Michael Del Zotto - Obviously a skilled defenceman who needs to work a little on the defensive side of his game, but has bucket loads of potential and offensive potency to boot. Although with their recent acquisition of Jack Johnson and the existing presence of Tyutin and Wisniewski on their blueline; it gives Columbus a deep, smooth skating blueline that can move the puck efficiently. I imagine MDZ as being expendable for the right price given that the Rangers have Girardi, Staal and McDonagh to lead their blueline regardless.

J.T Miller - Probably the Rangers top prospect outside of Kreider, pretty much a given that one of the two has to go back to Columbus to make this deal work; Nash is a proven superstar in this league and the Blue Jackets definitely can't replace his presence up front with Brandon Dubinsky alone. This gives Columbus a nice prospect who promises to a skilled player in the NHL sooner rather than later, something they'll definitely need to accompany their decent defensive core.

NYR 1st 2012 (28th Overall) - I believe NYR is picking 28th overall (don't throw me under the bus if i'm wrong, i didn't check; either way it's a late first from being ECF representatives and having the most points in the east). It gives Columbus another nice pick in a relatively strong depth draft that they can use to strengthen a position of weakness (I'm thinking Goaltender) that they wouldn't use their own 2nd overall pick on. There are a lot of nice goaltenders in this draft that will be available towards the end of the 1st round, having another first rounder never hurts and allows Columbus to stockpile even more depth in their prospect pool as they go through their rebuild.

-

This is merely my suggestion as a neutral fan, i think the NYR pay a sufficiently steep price to acquire their superstar forward while CBJ receive substantial quantity AND quality for their captain. Although you can argue they'd want Kreider, or Girardi/Stepan etc, i think this package is both reasonable and addresses both teams needs.

You could perhaps swap Stepan for Dubinsky without it damaging the value too much; although i'm not sure NYR fans will share my sentiment.

- EnglishDevil
Value wise I think this is fair... but MDZ is not the type of Dman that Columbus needs.

Columbus would rather have Staal or McDonough instead of MDZ.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
Value wise I think this is fair... but MDZ is not the type of Dman that Columbus needs.

Columbus would rather have Staal or McDonough instead of MDZ.
So would every other team.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:56 PM
bobafettish*

why would cbj want MDZ when they already have jack johnson and wiznewski.

i would assume mcdonagh or krieder is coming the other way.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post

Kreider is unlikely, and I wouldn't do Nash for McDonagh straight up.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:04 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
So would every other team.
Not really... It depends what the d core looks like on each team... I think MDZ is a nice piece.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Crisp Breakout

I just don't see a deal happening between the two. For me, it would take the inclusion of Stepan, McDonagh, Girardi, or Staal. It seems unlikely NYR includes one. I think Toronto provides better options for a deal to be reached.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Not really... It depends what the d core looks like on each team... I think MDZ is a nice piece.
While true, any team that wouldn't take McDonagh over MDZ is offered both needs their heads examined.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:11 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
While true, any team that wouldn't take McDonagh over MDZ is offered both needs their heads examined.
We were also discussing Staal who has an injury history and more expensive contract. I don't think every team picks Staal over MDZ.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
We were also discussing Staal who has an injury history and more expensive contract.
Sorry I was ignoring Staal because if the right deal came along I would certainly move him.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post

The first sentence is reasonable and agreeable. The second... kind of crosses the line. Both of those would be highly desired, naturally, but business is a two-way street. I'd just take Staal instead of MDZ.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Closed Thread