HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keeping this Team together.....

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 12:05 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm sorry but what? Patrick Marleau is the epitome of Lombardi and co. want in a Kings player.
No he is not ,..... Which guy are some of you watching ?

I know it's not the PAtty Mar of the last two years....

He is not worth all the assets you would have to give up(division rival too boot), or his gigantic cap hit.

Hell I didn't even realize he was on the ice against the Blues this year. Complete no show.

Last edited by damacles1156: 06-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old
06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Why the hell would the Kings want to make the Sharks stronger..... We would have to trade some nice pieces to the Sharks.
Uh what? We could ask the same question. Why should the Sharks trade our second best player to further strengthen the current cup champs?

Anyways I doubt DW trades Thornton or Marleau. Both are retiring as Sharks.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Uh what? We could ask the same question. Why should the Sharks trade our second best player to further strengthen the current cup champs?

Anyways I doubt DW trades Thornton or Marleau. Both are retiring as Sharks.
Exactly,

I am puzzled someone would even suggest that.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:12 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I think that was a function of DeBoer being stubborn and keeping Parise with a gimp at center for the entire series. Parise also had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Like Richards, he'd be in a significant support role here - not the captain.

I think Parise re-signs in NJ.
Sutter outcoached DeBoer by a significant margin in the SCF.

Parise, if he joined the Kings, would not have to be "the guy". I think he would put up huge numbers with the Kings skating on Kopitar or Richards' LW.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I am not buying the Suter hype, that guy has been paired with Weber for what now ? Five years ?

Nether of those guys have made it out of the second round.

Weber/Suter got owned by PHX.........

For all the Elite talk Weber gets, he was garbage against PHX.

I give Drew a ton of flak, But damn Drew raised his game another level. Drew was the Best D man in the entire playoff's.
I give Doughty a lot of flak as well, but I have to admit whatever "it" is, the kid has "it" in abundance.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm sorry but what? Patrick Marleau is the epitome of Lombardi and co. want in a Kings player.
A soft guy who no shows the playoffs?

He is actually the complete opposite of what Lombardi wants in a Kings player. He had 0 points in the playoffs this year....... 0, even playing with beast mode Thornton

Old
06-13-2012, 12:24 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
A soft guy who no shows the playoffs?

He is actually the complete opposite of what Lombardi wants in a Kings player. He had 0 points in the playoffs this year....... 0, even playing with beast mode Thornton
I know right ?

Marleau is the second highest paid player on the Sharks.....

Now Patty has been a PPG guy in (some playoff runs). When you are the second highest paid player on the team though..... You can't put up a zero in Five games. A zero in Five is unacceptable. Marleau better light a fire under his Butt, this coming season.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
stonedhenge

Marleau? Why on earth would anyone want to blow 7M cap hit on 33y/o declining player?

Old
06-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Shellz

The only Shark I would want is Pavelski and that's obviously not happening. (you could say couture too..but, i just really like pavs)

Pass on Marleau.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I wasn't pushing for Marleau personally, I said I wouldn't be suprised if Dean goes after him.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Doubt Lombardi would take Marleau and that cap hit for free, yet alone trade for it

He's still a good player, but id want a lot more for that cap hit

Old
06-13-2012, 01:23 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

As nice as it sounds to have Suter on the backend, the last thing the Kings need to do is spend big money on defense. Our D is set for next year. Martinez and Voynov are only going to get better. Muzzin can take Scuderi's spot after next season. When Greene and Mitchell are UFAs in two years, the Kings will then make a decision about replacing them. Maybe one or two of Forbort, Hickey, and Deslauriers are ready to make the jump. Point is, we do not need to address defense this offseason.

What we do need to address is what we are doing with RFAs King, Muzzin, and Loktionov and figure out where they fit into the long-term picture. I believe all three of them fit into the picture and are ready to make the jump to the NHL in a full-time roll. King has already proved he is ready.

We also need to address UFA's Penner, Stoll, and Fraser. I'm not a big fan of resigning Penner despite his great playoff performance. I question whether or not he can play like that consistently. He will not come cheap either. Stoll is a question mark. I would be ok with seeing him go if it meant adding Parise or Semin. I do feel Loktionov can fill the position as long as he has solid wingers to support him. He is only lacking size and confidence which he can gain with time. Fraser I thought was a great addition and proved more than reliable. Would love to see him resigned for something just north of 1m.

To sum it up, resign all RFAs asap. Attempt to sign Parise, Semin, or Penner in that order. If we cant get either, attempt to resign Stoll.

In my perfect world, the Kings would start the season with this lineup.....

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Parise-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Loktionov-Lewis
King-Fraser-Nolan

Clifford-Richardson

Would actually like to see Clifford in the AHL and work on his offensive game.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
I think King is likely to be better than Penner going forward, so let Penner walk or trade his rights to Burke.

Of course you go after Parise and Suter.

I still wouldn't be suprised if Dean tries to acquire Marleau.
Even if you think King will be better than Penner, why not sign Penner for 2-3 more years? King will only be 25 in three years and would be much more likely to move up to a top 6 roll. No reason to move King up this early in his career.

Marleau? I would be absolutely shocked if Dean tries to acquire Marleau. Too old, too weak and makes far too much money. For $7 million AAV, you could probably create a very nice (high signing bonus) contract for Parise.

Parise > Marleau

Old
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
bobafettish*

we already have marleau his name is jeff carter.

a much younger cheaper version.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Muzzin can take Scuderi's spot after next season.
Maybe one day. I expect him to be far below that level in the near future.

Quote:
When Greene and Mitchell are UFAs in two years, the Kings will then make a decision about replacing them. Maybe one or two of Forbort, Hickey, and Deslauriers are ready to make the jump. Point is, we do not need to address defense this offseason.
Mitchell has been the best defenseman on the ice many games, certainly the best defensive defenseman. He is declining, albeit from a high peak. A development of some kind has to be happen to keep the defense on the same level. This doesn't have to be signing a free agent; Forbort living up to nearly all of his potential, and doing it ahead of schedule, would work. But sticking with your oldest players and relying on them isn't a way to stay just as good as you were in the past. And Hickey and Deslauriers will never be as good defensively as Mitchell.

So we don't need to address it this offseason, but still have to very soon. So now is a good time, if someone like Suter is available.

Old
06-13-2012, 02:35 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
Maybe one day. I expect him to be far below that level in the near future.

Mitchell has been the best defenseman on the ice many games, certainly the best defensive defenseman. He is declining, albeit from a high peak. A development of some kind has to be happen to keep the defense on the same level. This doesn't have to be signing a free agent; Forbort living up to nearly all of his potential, and doing it ahead of schedule, would work. But sticking with your oldest players and relying on them isn't a way to stay just as good as you were in the past. And Hickey and Deslauriers will never be as good defensively as Mitchell.

So we don't need to address it this offseason, but still have to very soon. So now is a good time, if someone like Suter is available.
Suter is the best ufa dman this offseason and there is nobody better coming up next year or the year after. So if you want a dman then Suter is the guy because nobody will be available in the next couple years who is better. But it would cost too much to get him and spending at least 13m on two defenseman will handcuff DL. Its just not happening because its not only unnecessary but its not smart.

Old
06-13-2012, 04:34 PM
rick3652

Quote:
As nice as it sounds to have Suter on the backend, the last thing the Kings need to do is spend big money on defense. Our D is set for next year. Martinez and Voynov are only going to get better. Muzzin can take Scuderi's spot after next season. When Greene and Mitchell are UFAs in two years, the Kings will then make a decision about replacing them. Maybe one or two of Forbort, Hickey, and Deslauriers are ready to make the jump. Point is, we do not need to address defense this offseason.

What we do need to address is what we are doing with RFAs King, Muzzin, and Loktionov and figure out where they fit into the long-term picture. I believe all three of them fit into the picture and are ready to make the jump to the NHL in a full-time roll. King has already proved he is ready.

We also need to address UFA's Penner, Stoll, and Fraser. I'm not a big fan of resigning Penner despite his great playoff performance. I question whether or not he can play like that consistently. He will not come cheap either. Stoll is a question mark. I would be ok with seeing him go if it meant adding Parise or Semin. I do feel Loktionov can fill the position as long as he has solid wingers to support him. He is only lacking size and confidence which he can gain with time. Fraser I thought was a great addition and proved more than reliable. Would love to see him resigned for something just north of 1m.

To sum it up, resign all RFAs asap. Attempt to sign Parise, Semin, or Penner in that order. If we cant get either, attempt to resign Stoll.

In my perfect world, the Kings would start the season with this lineup.....

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Parise-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Loktionov-Lewis
King-Fraser-Nolan

Clifford-Richardson

Would actually like to see Clifford in the AHL and work on his offensive game.
you can put a lot of players in but you have to meet the CAP. today you are at the cap top and next year it is going down. You need to resign Quick so he will need about 5 million a year. You do not have any money for ANY Free Agent let alone Parise who will get about 8 million a year. You need to reduce you cap so you will not be able to resign a lot of your UFA. So you have your basis players and you will have to fill in other making less money.

Old
06-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Man, it just ****ing feels good that we won the Cup with a ****-load of homegrown players. Are we the most homegrown cup-winning team in the post-lockout era?

Old
06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Man, it just ****ing feels good that we won the Cup with a ****-load of homegrown players. Are we the most homegrown cup-winning team in the post-lockout era?
Do we really have that many homegrown guys?

Let's see... Kopi, Brown, King, Lewis, Nolan, Doughty, Voynov, Martinez, Quick

Not counting the guys on the bench. It's all right, nothing crazy.

Old
06-13-2012, 05:24 PM
rick3652

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Do we really have that many homegrown guys?

Let's see... Kopi, Brown, King, Lewis, Nolan, Doughty, Voynov, Martinez, Quick

Not counting the guys on the bench. It's all right, nothing crazy.
9 players is a lot

Old
06-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Dustin Brown ($3.175m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Zach Parise ($6.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.273m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.500m) / Dustin Penner ($3.250m)
Dwight King ($0.801m) / Trevor Lewis ($0.725m) / Jordan Nolan ($0.532m)
Colin Fraser ($0.850m) / Kyle Clifford ($0.870m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Rob Scuderi ($3.400m) / Drew Doughty ($7.000m)
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Slava Voynov ($0.817m)
Alec Martinez ($0.738m) / Matt Greene ($2.950m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.617m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($1.800m)
Martin Jones ($0.526m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,521,282; BONUSES: $130,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,778,718

Richardson and Bernier traded at draft.

yaaaa buddyyyy

Old
06-13-2012, 05:35 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Anybody else think they may explore extending Scuds a year or two this off-season? I'm just not that high on any stay at home guys in the system other than Forbort, and he is 2-3 years away.

Old
06-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Marleau?

No ******* way! A player who will be 33 years old next season, on the decline (goal numbers went down by 7 each of the past 2 seasons) who has a $7 cap hit the next two seasons, did anyone not learn their lesson from the Smyth fiasco?

Would not sign Marleau as an UFA for a 7 mill hit, much less giving up assets, only to watch SJ turn around and use that freed up space to sign someone like Parise or Suter.

SJ is screwed, their window is shut and they have some awful contracts on the books for the next couple of years, lets not give them a get out of jail free card by taking one of those contracts.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

SJ is screwed, their window is shut and they have some awful contracts on the books for the next couple of years, lets not give them a get out of jail free card by taking one of those contracts.
While SJ isn't in as nice a position as you guys, how exactly are we screwed? Outside of Burns, Havlat and Niemi every single one of our contracts is up before 2014.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:10 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
While SJ isn't in as nice a position as you guys, how exactly are we screwed? Outside of Burns, Havlat and Niemi every single one of our contracts is up before 2014.
isn't their prospect pool barren.

and if DL was looking for someone on the sharks i would want clowe.

Closed Thread