HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia - Anaheim

Old
06-13-2012, 06:48 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Greetings.

I was thinking of this trade proposal in which this might help out both teams. Feel free to scorch away.

To Philadelphia: Bobby Ryan, Luca Sbisa, Peter Holland
To Anaheim: James Van Riemsdyk, Jakub Voracek, Sergei Bobrovsky and the rights to Matt Carle

Anaheim still keeps a top line intact which will include Corey Perry / Ryan Getzlaf / Kyle Palmieri and a new second line with Van Reimsdyk and Voracek flanking the wings. As well, the Ducks get a young goaltender that can be groomed for the starter role and the rights to Matt Carle, who had played good hockey on the west coast with San Jose in his rookie year.

As for the Flyers, they get a potentially elite winger in Ryan who can be partnered with Giroux for the long haul. As well, they get a good young defenseman back who is familiar with the Flyers organization and is on the path to developing into a great top four defender. Finally, the Flyers get a good young player to start grooming around in Peter Holland.

Flame away.
I don't see how this helps Anaheim at all.
But I give the OP credit -The bolded line made me LOL!

I get the need to justify why you feel including a guy benefits the other team, but really? The reason Carle's rights are beneficial to the Ducks is because, 5 years ago, he played well...not for he Ducks, but a team in the same state as the Ducks! That's got to count for something, right?

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:49 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
So JVR + 20th for Palmieri + 6th?

The value is probably fair, but the Flyers likely pass. The goal, I think, is to get a real first-line winger to go with Giroux. JVR is closer to that than Palmieri--though this would allow the Flyers to pick up a top-end defensive prospect.
Yeah, with the Ducks possibly throwing in a later pick (maybe 3rd). Like you said, it doesn't really address what the Flyers would be looking for, and that's why we probably won't see this unless Holmgren has another trade up his sleeve.

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:12 PM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
And you get laughed at even harder
Okey.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:42 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 930
JvR
Schenn
Meszaros
20th overall
conditional mid-rounder if Schultz signs

for

Ryan
6th overall
rights to Schultz

better? worse?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Exit Dose

I don't think there's been a decent offer in this thread, yet.

Ryan++?

Also, JVR is not someone I see us having an interest in anytime soon.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Too many pieces, and this deal actually fails to address the need of either team.

Flyers don't need another center, and Anaheim does, so start by dropping Holland.

We are about to resign Carle, so trading him makes little sense. Leave him out.

Bobrovsky holds no value to Anaheim.

Sbisa is an important part of their core going forward, and would take a lot to pry away.

Counter proposal:

Voracek / JVR (Anaheim's choice)
Schenn
2012 1st (20th)
+ _____

for

Ryan
2012 1st (6th) [one of Dumba / Murray should be there]

I considered adding someone like Mezsaros (and a prospect from Anaheim), but that seemed too complicated. The restructured deal seems one piece light from Philadelphia's end. Thoughts?
That's a very interesting counter-proposal. From Anaheim, I would try and take the picks out and put our second rounder in instead(negating the need for Philly to add anything else), but if they really want that 6th overall, that'd be understandable for them to decline. Other than that, I struggle to think of a piece to add. Rinaldo's someone that comes to mind, but I don't know if I'd want him. He's an idiot, but sometimes you need an idiot out there. Teams don't like to play crazy. But other than that, Philly's pieces seem to be too good or pointless for Anaheim to acquire. Very interesting idea, though.

EDIT-Maybe throw in Peter Holland instead of the picks. Worth more than a second rounder, gives them a nice young center to sort of replace Schenn, at worst(or best) is a nice asset to package with 20th overall to try and get one of the defensemen.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:57 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
That's a very interesting counter-proposal. From Anaheim, I would try and take the picks out and put our second rounder in instead(negating the need for Philly to add anything else), but if they really want that 6th overall, that'd be understandable for them to decline. Other than that, I struggle to think of a piece to add. Rinaldo's someone that comes to mind, but I don't know if I'd want him. He's an idiot, but sometimes you need an idiot out there. Teams don't like to play crazy. But other than that, Philly's pieces seem to be too good or pointless for Anaheim to acquire. Very interesting idea, though.

EDIT-Maybe throw in Peter Holland instead of the picks. Worth more than a second rounder, gives them a nice young center to sort of replace Schenn, at worst(or best) is a nice asset to package with 20th overall to try and get one of the defensemen.
Pretty much the same deal i offered 3 posts up, just adding Schultz's rights...guess I should have read the rest of the thread

Honestly if the 6th if removed, I think Schenn is removed. I think 7/8ths of the fanbase will help Rinaldo pack his bags and offer to drive him to the airport if you wanted him. He's a very exciting player to watch, but does some stupid things, and has a target on his back whether he is being stupid or smart.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Gibson Les Palms
Jinxes aren't real

vCash: 50
I'd think Murray would be asking for Schenn if Ryan is going there. Actually, I'm almost sure he would be.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Gibson Les Palms
Jinxes aren't real

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
JvR
Schenn
Meszaros
20th overall
conditional mid-rounder if Schultz signs

for

Ryan
6th overall
rights to Schultz

better? worse?
Better. Although doesn't JVR have some kind of injury?

Ryan just doesn't seem to be a need for the Flyers at all, though. They can score at will already.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
So, not only are we giving up the best and most proven asset in the deal, but we're adding our top center prospect on top? Sounds good to me.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Better. Although doesn't JVR have some kind of injury?

Ryan just doesn't seem to be a need for the Flyers at all, though. They can score at will already.
We've been heavily linked to a Nash trade already, and Parise's name has been mentioned too. Defense has been already touted as our top priority, as well as trading up in the draft for young defense. But the organization also wants an elite forward for Giroux. Hartnell's ceiling is likely 65-70pts, and he's a FA next season. Jagr is 40, JvR hasn't proven he can succeed with Giroux, and Voracek hasn't evolved into a finisher yet. Personally I think the Ducks are a better trading partner for the Flyers, I'm just not sure the opposite is true.

And yes JvR has an injury, waiting for a foot infection to go away before surgery.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a proposal that was good for Anaheim not by a Ducks fan.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I think that if Ryan was going to be moved to Philly, which won't happen, it would be something like this:

Ryan
2nd

For

Schenn
JVR/Voracek

Yeah it's overpayment from Philly, but that's what it would take to move Ryan, overpayment.

Doesn't matter though. Ryan won't be moved. Ducks will probably look at someone like Brassard or something. Personally hoping for Pavelski but not getting hopes up.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:32 PM
AmericanRocket91

A package of Sbisa and Bobby gets you Giroux....so it's a no from both sides.

We just got a new backup from sweden so we no longer have a need for another goalie. JVR is too injury prone and unproven to give up our top players for him. Voracek is a nice piece, but he's not someone I'd overpay to get.

AmericanRocket91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
MisterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Greetings.

I was thinking of this trade proposal in which this might help out both teams. Feel free to scorch away.

To Philadelphia: Bobby Ryan, Luca Sbisa, Peter Holland
To Anaheim: James Van Riemsdyk, Jakub Voracek, Sergei Bobrovsky and the rights to Matt Carle

Anaheim still keeps a top line intact which will include Corey Perry / Ryan Getzlaf / Kyle Palmieri and a new second line with Van Reimsdyk and Voracek flanking the wings. As well, the Ducks get a young goaltender that can be groomed for the starter role and the rights to Matt Carle, who had played good hockey on the west coast with San Jose in his rookie year.

As for the Flyers, they get a potentially elite winger in Ryan who can be partnered with Giroux for the long haul. As well, they get a good young defenseman back who is familiar with the Flyers organization and is on the path to developing into a great top four defender. Finally, the Flyers get a good young player to start grooming around in Peter Holland.

Flame away.
I have to admit it definitely takes balls to put an offer on these boards as judging from this homerific posting, it sure doesn't take brains.

The. most. one-sided. proposal. EVER.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
I have to admit it definitely takes balls to put an offer on these boards as judging from this homerific posting, it sure doesn't take brains.

The. most. one-sided. proposal. EVER.
But Bob is a potential #1 and UFA rights are amazing.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:36 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Brutal. Philly fans underrating ducks and overrating Flyers. I love both teams and I can tell you the one on the west coast is getting boned.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
So, not only are we giving up the best and most proven asset in the deal, but we're adding our top center prospect on top? Sounds good to me.
Holland may be our top center prospect, but he's also not Brayden Schenn. And Holland becomes somewhat redundant if we get Schenn. JVR+Schenn would be an amazing return for Ryan, and if adding Holland gets us that, keeping the value pretty decent, then I'd say go for it.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:48 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
JVR getting severely overrated and I like the Flyers...a lot.

JVR and Schenn are still unproven stars. I don't trade the most consistent 30 goal scorer in the league plus my team's best center prospect for two maybes regardless of how high their upside is.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:53 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
He has been overrated a lot by Flyers' fans.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

JVR and Schenn are still unproven stars. I don't trade the most consistent 30 goal scorer in the league plus my team's best center prospect for two maybes regardless of how high their upside is.
*fist bump*

I think people forget just how difficult that kind of goal scoring is to find, even among some Ducks fans - having Perry and Teemu spoiled some of us.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:20 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

No thanks, JVR is a big step down from Bobby Ryan, we don't need Carle or Bobrovsky, and I wouldn't move Sbisa to get Voracek.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Flyerfan52

I'll try 1 of these multi-player deals that seldom happen.

To the Ducks:
JVR
Schenn
Voracek
Rinaldo

To the Flyers:
Ryan
Sbisa
Rights to Schultz
2nd in 2012

Anaheim reloads their forwards in 1 fell swoop. That lessens the harm from the Koivu retirement & Teemu not being sure if he's playing another year.
Flyers get a very good forward (part of the attraction is his dad's ties to Clarke), Sbisa returns & we get 1st crack @ signing a prospect that has made it clear he has no intention of signing with the Ducks. We also get a 2nd to replace the 1 Homer traded away (again).

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:18 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

^problem is we can't move Sbisa, due to Schultz screwing us we really cannot afford to move him, not the your value is off or anything, it's good value

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:28 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

I would do

To the ducks
JVR
Schenn
Bourdon

To the Flyers
Ryan
6th overall

overall I think it'd be fair value. maybe the flyers add a bit. Jvr still has the potential to put up the type of numbers Ryan is putting up now, he's just had some setbacks in his development. His talent is undeniable though. Schenn is an incredible prospect, but with giroux and couturier as the likely 1-2 punch long term, schenn could be expendable to help grab Ryan and the 6th overall, which the flyers would likely use to pick Dumba or Reinhart

Last edited by orange is better: 06-14-2012 at 02:38 AM.
orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote