HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Malone

Old
06-13-2012, 07:16 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pyatt View Post
WTF is this? A reasonable proposal?!

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't have any problems doing this deal. Works out for both sides.
As many Sabres fans have said on this page, it's terrible for Buffalo. Sekera was the Sabres best defenseman last year. Not Myers, Ehrhoff or Regehr. He is worth far more than Malone is when you include his excellent cap hit. The Sabres could offer something around Leopold+ for Malone and I think that would benefit both sides depending on the plus but Sekera is a non-starter.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:25 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens17fan View Post
Switch the pick with Brett Connolly
Switch Bortuzzo to Despres!

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:28 PM
FireBylsma
Palmebjörk & Doktorn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Switch Bortuzzo to Despres!
I meant for Niskanen.

FireBylsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens17fan View Post
I meant for Niskanen.
He meant for Connolly.

And I for one agree. You want Connolly we want Despres.

Yzlamic Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't have any problems doing this deal. Works out for both sides.
I'd do it too...

Vasilevskiy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Glide5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post

Tampa needs defense so if you want a throw in take Bortuzzo who looks to be a capable #5/6 guy but just can't make it through our clogged roster and also get Martin you D is improved in two spots then. And for Borts add a pick to the trade on Tampa's end, say a 3rd which is about Borts value. So...

To Tampa:
Paul Martin
Robert Bortuzzo

To Pittsburgh:
Ryan Malone
3rd

As said before Malone would most likely waive to go home to Pittsburgh, Martin would thrive in a more defensive system like Tampa's and probably enjoy playing more in such a system he would thrive in. Bortuzzo gets on a team he can crack a line up in and not be stuck in the farm where his development is done in, and Pittsburgh gets a fair value back in a 3rd for him.

You may gripe about the 3rd and wanna change it to a 4th. But other than that, that seems about as well rounded of a trade and fair for all sides teams and players as I have seen in awhile.

That's my two cents, take it for what you will.
haha you know, i think this makes perfect sense for bother teams. Tampa can afford a 3rd, and malone is replaceable on our roster (i love Bugsy, but value is value) and tampa adds a top 4 defender, and a bottom 4, both of which were would have to figure out this summer anyways.

I like this a lot. I hope something close to this happens.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:21 AM
superhenderson13

would love Malone back.... if he plays like he did when he was with us, it would be a huge deal.

superhenderson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
To

LW Ryan Malone ($4.5M)
2012 2nd RND pick [#37 via MIN/SJ]

Sabres get a big-bodied winger to play w/ Hodgson & Pommer, as well as a solid 2nd RND pick.

To

D Andrej Sekera ($2.75M)
C/LW Luke Adam ($875K RFA)
2012 3rd RND pick

Bolts get a likely top-2, shutdown d-man with some scoring upside to play with Hedman or Brewer, and a big, young C/W with good upside who has seemingly been passed over by Foligno & Tropp.

Thoughts?
that's horrible for buffalo

I wouldn't trade Sekera alone for Malone and a 2nd

I would do:
Leopold+5th for Malone
or
Weber+3rd

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

It's beyond terrible for Buffalo

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

Wont mind him in Toronto, but wont give up anything significant either. Maybe a swap of MacArthur and Malone.

I'd also attempt to sign Dustin Penner. He's a two-time cup winner and proved he can play in the right system. He's familiar with Carlyle before and has had success with him in the past.

The addition of Malone and Penner both add some much needed size to our top six and will help with the cycle game.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Shoofyou10

There are actually a bunch of very reasonable offers in this thread that would make sense for both teams involved (you dont see that everyday on here). I think the biggest problem is Malone's NTC and where he would wave it to go. I do think that he would wave it to come back to Pittsburgh though and the offers I have seen with the Malone for Martin base look fairly good for both teams (straight up or with Bortozzo added in and a 3rd coming back). Both teams are dealing from positions of strength for a position of weakness. Add to it that Malone would most likely waive NTC to come back to Pittsburgh and Pens fans would be very happy to have the hometown kid back and their relatively close cap hits it seems like a win-win to me. Someone let Stevie Y and Ray Shero know about this.

Shoofyou10 is offline   Reply With Quote