HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your team's top pairing right-side defenseman to Vancouver

Old
06-13-2012, 01:47 PM
GoTeamDom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Just for fun:

To Vancouver:
Dan Boyle
Ryane Clowe

To SJ:
Alexander Edler
Chris Higgins

Picks to even things out where needed. I think it's fairly decent as is since Edler and Higgins are both UFA's next year while Boyle has two seasons left.
I would do this trade if you swapped Pavelski for Clowe. Canucks would have to add a bit.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
If we can get Pietrangelo for Edler, I'd laugh all the way to next season while the Blues fans try to lynch their GM.
Grabovski+Edler+35th overall wouldn't be a bad return for Pietrangelo. They downgrade a bit on defense, but get a defensively responsible top 6 centre, and a decent pick. I'd be willing to add more if neccessary(within reason).

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I'd do that. The only thing that scares me is Green's injury problems.
To be fair, Kesler's injury problems should be scaring Washington fans as well so it's pretty much your injured 1RD for our injured 2C

I'd be okay with this

good proposal

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

How's Johansson's defensive game? If it's lacking then maybe we could get a pick/prospect to even it out. Or maybe Semin's UFA rights....

Last edited by Vankiller Whale: 06-13-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old
06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
To CGY:
David Booth
Keith Ballard

To VAN:
Jay Bouwmeester.
Soooo I've not really paid much attention to Calgary the last couple of years but I assume Bouwmeesters value has crashed through the floor if thats what you're asking for him.

Evil Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 03:21 PM
discobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
How's Johansson's defensive game? If it's lacking then maybe we could get a pick/prospect to even it out. Or maybe Semin's UFA rights....
Certainly room to improve, but not bad. Caps have been starved for Center depth for too long, and fans aren't showing the patience to wait for him to fully develop. Johansson is 21, was quickly moved into the NHL, and had 46 points in 80 games this year. I would probably do the trade, but I think Johansson still has a lot of room to grow....wouldn't shock me if Caps fans were kicking themselves in two years.....

discobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
I would do this trade if you swapped Pavelski for Clowe. Canucks would have to add a bit.
No, thanks!

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:27 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Alright, an idea for a three way trade(Van-TO-STL)
Van gives: Luongo, Raymond, Edler
Tor gives:Grabovski, 2nd
STL gives: Pietrangelo

STL gets: Grabovski, Tor 2nd, Edler
Tor gets: Luongo, Raymond
Van gets: Pietrangelo

This would be the base, and depending on if it's Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk we can change/add pieces as neccessary.

St. Louis gets a top 6 two-way centreman, a top pairing lefty dman, and an early second.
Toronto gets a top 10 goalie, and a two way winger to help make their forward corps more defensively responsible. Between Galch/Grigs, Kadri, Bozak, and Colborne, I think their top 6 centre positions should be okay.

Van gets a top righty defenseman who can either pair with Ballard or hopefully Garisson if we can sign him.

Again, this would just be a basis for discussion, depending on what people are willing to give up, we can change things as neccessary.
Wow you are insane Pietrangelo is not available. People do not realize how important he is to the Blues. That is a crap return for Pietrangelo with Edler being an UFA after the season.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Well I made it originally with Pietrangelo. If it's Shattenkirk then we could do a swap of Edler for Shattenkirk+.
Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo are simply not available. Shattenkirk could be available for massive over payment. Due to contracts i would not trade Shattenkirk for Edler straight up. It's debatable who is better actually as Shattenkirk was very consistent throughout the season. Offense is about a wash between them. Edler is more physical but is more apt to make mistakes as well getting out of position ect.

Old
06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Van fan here, I think the only untouchables we have are the Sedins and Kesler. Everything else is fair game.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
Van fan here, I think the only untouchables we have are the Sedins and Kesler. Everything else is fair game.
I don't really think Kesler is untouchable. He's damaged goods at this point and if we're getting a quality 2C back for a package involving Kesler, I wouldn't be too sad to see him gone. He's become more of an actor than a beast-mode hockey player lately too

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Wow you are insane Pietrangelo is not available. People do not realize how important he is to the Blues. That is a crap return for Pietrangelo with Edler being an UFA after the season.
It would be dependent on Edler willing to sign an extension with you. Isn't Pietrangelo a UFA or RFA after next season too?

But if you are dead set on keeping him, then that's fine.

Anyways, are Caps fans willing to throw in rights to Semin as well(I'm assuming he isn' resigning with Washington)? Has he played well with Johansson in the past? Just that we need as many impact players as possible, and if Semin is leaving, may as well make it out of conference.

Old
06-13-2012, 06:33 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
It would be dependent on Edler willing to sign an extension with you. Isn't Pietrangelo a UFA or RFA after next season too?

But if you are dead set on keeping him, then that's fine.

Anyways, are Caps fans willing to throw in rights to Semin as well(I'm assuming he isn' resigning with Washington)? Has he played well with Johansson in the past? Just that we need as many impact players as possible, and if Semin is leaving, may as well make it out of conference.
Pietrangelo has played 2 NHL season so he will be a RFA. Even after next season the Blues will control Pietrangelo's rights for the next 4 years. Pietrangelo mean more to the Blues then he does in reasonable trade. I know untouchable gets thrown around way to much but Pietrangelo is untouchable. The Blues probably would not be a playoff team without him last season.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
I don't really think Kesler is untouchable. He's damaged goods at this point and if we're getting a quality 2C back for a package involving Kesler, I wouldn't be too sad to see him gone. He's become more of an actor than a beast-mode hockey player lately too
Not too many selke caliber centres are available. IMO if we trade Kesler were taking a step back. I wasn't too happy with his play last year, but I'm not gonna give up on him just yet.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
Not too many selke caliber centres are available. IMO if we trade Kesler were taking a step back. I wasn't too happy with his play last year, but I'm not gonna give up on him just yet.
While obviously Kesler is better than Johansson right now, I think that overall we become a better team. Our defense becomes one of the best in the league, paired with one of the best goalies in the league. We are giving up some forward skill, which is why I'd like to get Semin, but we'd also have some serious offense generated fom our blueline.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
No Fehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
A couple of us in Vancouver were wondering if any fans were willing to trade this player to us, and of course what would the cost be??

Bring it on!
Would you do Dan Girardi for Kessler? maybe picks to even it up.

No Fehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:23 PM
GoTeamDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk shake View Post
Would you do Dan Girardi for Kessler? maybe picks to even it up.
I'd do Girardi and Stepan for Kesler+

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:27 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Try the Canucks have to add a ton. Pavelski is infinitely more valuable than Clowe.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:38 PM
No Fehr

Quote:
I'd do Girardi and Stepan for Kesler+
How about replacing Dubi for Stepan? Picks to even it out. We give you a 2 and Nyr get 4

No Fehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:15 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
I think "Top-pairing" is aiming way too high given the assets that the Canucks can give up.

Perhaps 'Your teams reasonable 2nd pairing right-side defencemen who can play 22 minutes without stuffing up too badly and play on the PP a bit as well, or prospect who seems like he will fit this description next year'

For some combination of
-1st
-Ballard
-Raymond
-A starting goaltender
-Any Canuck prospect not named Tanev, Schroeder, Kassian or Jensen (I know, I know, that's almost all of the good ones. Anton Rodin seems a bit lost in our new-found RW depth though.)
I'll trade Ian White for that package. I might even make the deal with Kronwall (LH who normally plays the left side but can play right) if it's Schneider and not Luongo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Seriously, are you kidding? Kesler is one of, if not the best defensive center in the league and puts up 70+ points a year when he's healthy. "Sub-par" is incredibly off base.

If a team wants Ryan Kesler, they better be prepared to overpay.
Top defensive centers who produce a high level of offense are difficult to come by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I see your Kesler and raise you the following...

- Toews
- Datsyuk
- Kopitar
- M Richards
- Couture
- Getzlaf
- M Koivu

Shall I go on?
You forgot Zetterberg.

Quote:
Keep in mind that IMO the "playmaking winger" is the 3rd most difficult player to find next to the "true power forward" and "big playmaking centre." So simply grabbing a playmaking winger isn't as easily said than done.
P.A. Parenteau.

Last edited by pdd: 06-14-2012 at 08:28 AM.
pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk shake View Post
How about replacing Dubi for Stepan? Picks to even it out. We give you a 2 and Nyr get 4
Nah. If we did trade Kesler for someone significantly less impactful, he'd need to be fairly young to help keep us competitive. Girardi's good, but not worth downgrading that much in centre without gaining youth.

Girardi+Stepan for Kesler+Ballard?

Old
06-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
While obviously Kesler is better than Johansson right now, I think that overall we become a better team. Our defense becomes one of the best in the league, paired with one of the best goalies in the league. We are giving up some forward skill, which is why I'd like to get Semin, but we'd also have some serious offense generated fom our blueline.
Who would we pair up against the other teams top line? The value is there but Kesler is worth so much more to this team than Green.

A combination of Edler, 1st round pick, Schneider/Luongo, any prospect, should get things done.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:23 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

People need to stop freaking out saying there aren't enough assets on the table.

I don't think (most) Vancouver fans are suggesting they need a superstar, just a partner for Edler who could reasonably replace what Salo brought (but younger).

Mason Raymond + Prospect + 2nd is enough to bring that type of guy in, imo.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:23 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Nah. If we did trade Kesler for someone significantly less impactful, he'd need to be fairly young to help keep us competitive. Girardi's good, but not worth downgrading that much in centre without gaining youth.

Girardi+Stepan for Kesler+Ballard?
NYR can't really spare Girardi as they have lots of LH defenseman but he's clearly their only top end RH one currently. Ballard really has no value to them as he's a LH defenseman. They already have McDonagh, Staal and Del Zotto with Erixon waiting for a spot.

Maybe some of their fan base would being willing to part with Girardi for Kesler I personally don't think it would be a smart move for them.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
People need to stop freaking out saying there aren't enough assets on the table.

I don't think (most) Vancouver fans are suggesting they need a superstar, just a partner for Edler who could reasonably replace what Salo brought (but younger).

Mason Raymond + Prospect + 2nd is enough to bring that type of guy in, imo.
Basically, although a superstar would be nice. And it would be better to have a shutdown defenseman that compliments Edler.

We'd be willing to give up more than Raymond + Prospect + 2nd(which sounds suspiciously like Raymond+Ballard + 2nd), though.