HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Parise’s dad says son would “fit right in” with Rangers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
  #351
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
It's all about the money. Parise is saying all the right things because he is technically a member of the Devils until July 1st. Of course he is not going to say "I have a high interest in the Rangers...", especially after they just lost in the finals.

At the end of the day, he signs where the money is. If the Rangers offered him significantly more money than another team, this is where he plays.

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:56 PM
  #352
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvesNYR View Post
quite convincing.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:58 PM
  #353
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 50
I didn't want Parise anyway. Not what we need. Stay with the Devils for all I care about.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:00 PM
  #354
MPJohnny5
Registered User
 
MPJohnny5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
It's all about the money. Parise is saying all the right things because he is technically a member of the Devils until July 1st. Of course he is not going to say "I have a high interest in the Rangers...", especially after they just lost in the finals.

At the end of the day, he signs where the money is. If the Rangers offered him significantly more money than another team, this is where he plays.
Your opinion.

Mine, this guy would never sign here for many reasons. And we already know the rangers arent getting into a bidding war even if he did, theyd want him on richards type deal.

MPJohnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:00 PM
  #355
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Screw him! As a proud Rangers fan, the fact that he mentioned that he wouldn't come here, just rubs me the wrong way. I understand that he's not going to comment on where he's going to sign, or what his true intentions are, especially 2 days after being eliminated, with his current teamates in the same room, but singling the Rangers out, just says to me that he lacks character or maturity. The Rangers are a very good team on the rise, and would present him with the opportunity to win, if that's what his main priority is. I like Parise, but let's not get carried away with how he's a true difference maker on the ice. Very good player but nothing more, ask the Devils if he truly delivered this spring...

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:03 PM
  #356
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJohnny5 View Post
Your opinion.

Mine, this guy would never sign here for many reasons. And we already know the rangers arent getting into a bidding war even if he did, theyd want him on richards type deal.
Fair point -- but 9 times out of 10, players will sign with a team that offers them the most money.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:09 PM
  #357
MPJohnny5
Registered User
 
MPJohnny5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Fair point -- but 9 times out of 10, players will sign with a team that offers them the most money.
Richards was 1 and lets hope Prust is going to be as well.

MPJohnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:13 PM
  #358
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,391
vCash: 500
I read the Parise quote as "oh hell no I am not going to give you any sound bites for your headlines" which of course the media took as "he said NO!" and made it into a headline anyways. typical.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:20 PM
  #359
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I read the Parise quote as "oh hell no I am not going to give you any sound bites for your headlines" which of course the media took as "he said NO!" and made it into a headline anyways. typical.
If that was the only time he said "no" than I could see it your way but he said it three times.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:23 PM
  #360
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
Chances of Parise signing with the Rangers? Very Slim to none.

Will the Rangers offer Zac a contract that will blow the other teams out of the water? Highly unlikely / NO. For 12 million per maybe Zac reconsiders?

Does a player who is looking for a huge contract dismiss teams in the process or keeps everyone in the picture until he signs? Sounds like Zac believes that there will be multiple offers out there that he will accept. I believe he's telling the Rangers something and it isn't positive.

It sounds as if those counting on acquiring a player giving up no prospects in the process need to come to terms with the fact that Zac will play elsewhere.

My thought: Make an offer to Zac while working on higher percentage deals that will fit the Rangers needs.


Last edited by ltrangerfan: 06-13-2012 at 07:46 PM.
ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
  #361
pavelich
Registered User
 
pavelich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Parise to the Times:

Later, when he was asked if it was possible that he would consider signing with the archrival Rangers, Parise quickly said, “No. No way.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/14/sp...tml?ref=sports

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:31 PM
  #362
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,917
vCash: 500
ZERO chance he signs with us. Better chance of him signing with the Islanders, imo. He's a good player who does not want to come here....because he hates the Rangers.

Deal with it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
  #363
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
ZERO chance he signs with us. Better chance of him signing with the Islanders, imo. He's a good player who does not want to come here....because he hates the Rangers.

Deal with it.
Good. He was more invisible in Game 6 than Gaborik was in the conference finals.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
  #364
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
ZERO chance he signs with us. Better chance of him signing with the Islanders, imo. He's a good player who does not want to come here....because he hates the Rangers.

Deal with it.
Scott Gomez and Bobby Holik hated the Rangers too.

If we blew him away with an offer that no other team could match he'd sign with us.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
  #365
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,866
vCash: 300
Parise will sign with one of Minnesota, Detroit, NJ, or a darkhorse San Jose. They could use the scoring and Doug Wilson loves the spotlight, big splashes. The Rangers can't afford to give Parise the $8M+ per season that Fletcher seems prepared to offer. He reminds me of Callahan. More skilled, though. Both will probably drastically decline at around 30-32. They play all out with small frames. They'll break down. Signing Parise long term is a risk. Let another team take the risk. The Rangers need a different style player regardless. It sounds cliche, but it's true. Parise is a very good offensive player but he is more Dino Ciccarelli like. Rebounds, deflections. The Rangers need a shooter.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:53 PM
  #366
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
It's all about the money. Parise is saying all the right things because he is technically a member of the Devils until July 1st. Of course he is not going to say "I have a high interest in the Rangers...", especially after they just lost in the finals.

At the end of the day, he signs where the money is. If the Rangers offered him significantly more money than another team, this is where he plays.
I disagree with this to an extent when it comes to Parise. I think winning (and to a lesser extent personal #s / offensive system) will trump money when it comes to his decision making.

If it is between Detroit and let's say Boston for example, sure money will weigh in. But I would be stunned if he signed in with the Wild, for example, even if they outbid other teams.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:01 PM
  #367
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
Parise will sign with one of Minnesota, Detroit, NJ, or a darkhorse San Jose. They could use the scoring and Doug Wilson loves the spotlight, big splashes. The Rangers can't afford to give Parise the $8M+ per season that Fletcher seems prepared to offer. He reminds me of Callahan. More skilled, though. Both will probably drastically decline at around 30-32. They play all out with small frames. They'll break down. Signing Parise long term is a risk. Let another team take the risk. The Rangers need a different style player regardless. It sounds cliche, but it's true. Parise is a very good offensive player but he is more Dino Ciccarelli like. Rebounds, deflections. The Rangers need a shooter.
I agree. And when all the talk was "ohh you signed Kovalchuk, so that means you chose him over Parise" talk was going on - I was OK. I thought / think Kovalchuk is the more valuable player. Generally the more durable player (despite his back issues).

The main thing for me, and probably a couple devil fans, look at it is: He apparently played a huge role as our captain. He's going to breakdown. Look at his stats. Its a VERY small sample size, but he's not getting close to his career high again. But he'll always work his ass off, and for another 7-8 years he'll still be pretty good. I think its either us, Detroit, or an absurd high-bidder.

The way he talks, though. He likes the area. He's got himself a wifey (girlfriend, whatever). I know you all rag on NJ, but it's really a decent area depending on what you're looking for. Detroit is only mildy better than us (edge in goal). We'll see. I don't need him, but i would be very happy to retain him.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:05 PM
  #368
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojanglez View Post
I agree. And when all the talk was "ohh you signed Kovalchuk, so that means you chose him over Parise" talk was going on - I was OK. I thought / think Kovalchuk is the more valuable player. Generally the more durable player (despite his back issues).

The main thing for me, and probably a couple devil fans, look at it is: He apparently played a huge role as our captain. He's going to breakdown. Look at his stats. Its a VERY small sample size, but he's not getting close to his career high again. But he'll always work his ass off, and for another 7-8 years he'll still be pretty good. I think its either us, Detroit, or an absurd high-bidder.

The way he talks, though. He likes the area. He's got himself a wifey (girlfriend, whatever). I know you all rag on NJ, but it's really a decent area depending on what you're looking for. Detroit is only mildy better than us (edge in goal). We'll see. I don't need him, but i would be very happy to retain him.
A little off topic but I love nj. The hard water kills me but I can see myself moving there one day. Im a native Queens resident. /youcare

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:40 PM
  #369
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
At the end of the day, he signs where the money is. If the Rangers offered him significantly more money than another team, this is where he plays.
He's a good fit for us, but he will get equal offers from other teams. It would be an interesting move for him to sign here when equal $$ was offered from other very good teams.

Either way Sather drives up his price

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:45 PM
  #370
severian
Registered User
 
severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westfield
Country: United States
Posts: 2,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
A little off topic but I love nj. The hard water kills me but I can see myself moving there one day. Im a native Queens resident. /youcare
you'll stop loving it after seeing our property tax bills.

severian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:46 PM
  #371
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Who said the Rangers wanted him anyway? lol

Rangers themselves never said it...

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:48 PM
  #372
bouds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
I like how he doesn't make eye contact when he says no, looks down. LOL

bouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:54 PM
  #373
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,590
vCash: 500
Didn't really want Parise in the first place, I didn't think he'd ever sign here.

What a loser

Move on

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
  #374
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouds View Post
I like how he doesn't make eye contact when he says no, looks down. LOL
yeah and no smile or anything. just a nervous look. haha

nyrpassion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:37 PM
  #375
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Scott Gomez and Bobby Holik hated the Rangers too.

If we blew him away with an offer that no other team could match he'd sign with us.
I don't see how, under any circumstances, he will be a Ranger next year AND I'm okay with the contract.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.