Landry

Lysenko-Bernier
TalbotTassi-Neill
Deschamps-Laverdure
Fillion-Hade
Boily*

Gervais-Chouinard
Flinn

Last edited by welcometothebigshow2: 01-16-2013 at 02:10 PM.
welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:30 PM
jboyz

vCash: 500
1.Blainville
2.Gatineau
3.Val D'or
4.Rouyn-Noranda
5.Sherbrooke
6.Drummondville

jboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:51 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

1.Blainville
2.Gatineau
3.ValDor
4.RouynNoranda
5.Sherbrooke
6.Drummondville

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

1/2) Gatineau - I'm expecting great thing from Steeves, and I'm looking forward to some new fourth overall European (Slovak? ) taking the black. Lacerte kind of fell apart, and although I'm not one to blame the goalie (usually), you could tell that he was part of the problem. The team lacked confidence, and a better goalie will really help that.

1/2) Boisbriand - It's odd to me that so many people refer to them as Blainville. If you're going to go with one or the other (i.e. Boisbriand or Blainville), why not the one where they actually play? I'm going to reserve judgement on who will finish first until after the Import draft.

3) Val-d'Or - I disagree with Bouchard taking over. I really think Tremblay is a good goalie who will be much better with another year of experience. Hopefully Val-d'Or is as feisty as they were last year.

4/5) Sherbrooke - I think a lot of this will come down to how well chemistry takes over

4/5) Rouyn-Noranda - They could be better than Sherbrooke... I guess...

6)Drummondville - Meh...

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:36 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
1/2) Gatineau - I'm expecting great thing from Steeves, and I'm looking forward to some new fourth overall European (Slovak? ) taking the black. Lacerte kind of fell apart, and although I'm not one to blame the goalie (usually), you could tell that he was part of the problem. The team lacked confidence, and a better goalie will really help that.

1/2) Boisbriand - It's odd to me that so many people refer to them as Blainville. If you're going to go with one or the other (i.e. Boisbriand or Blainville), why not the one where they actually play? I'm going to reserve judgement on who will finish first until after the Import draft.

3) Val-d'Or - I disagree with Bouchard taking over. I really think Tremblay is a good goalie who will be much better with another year of experience. Hopefully Val-d'Or is as feisty as they were last year.

4/5) Sherbrooke - I think a lot of this will come down to how well chemistry takes over

4/5) Rouyn-Noranda - They could be better than Sherbrooke... I guess...

6)Drummondville - Meh...
I refer to them as Blainville because I am from the Maritimes and I have never even been there and that is what I hear the most. I said before the post that this is before the Import Draft and as of right now I think Boisbriand looks better on paper than Gatineau but it is very close. Sherbrooke has a lot of skill but like you said they may not have good chemistry but I still think they look better on paper than Rouyn right now.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I refer to them as Blainville because I am from the Maritimes and I have never even been there and that is what I hear the most.
Oh, I don't actually care, but I find it odd, especially when you rarely see 'Rouyn-Noranda' shortened to either Rouyn or Noranda (they play in Noranda). Interestingly enough, despite the fact that they're officially l'Armada de Blainville-Boisbriand, their team mini stick says Boisbriand-Blainville.

Quote:
I said before the post that this is before the Import Draft and as of right now I think Boisbriand looks better on paper than Gatineau but it is very close. Sherbrooke has a lot of skill but like you said they may not have good chemistry but I still think they look better on paper than Rouyn right now.
Oh, absolutely. I really think that it's anyone's guess as to who finishes higher between Hull and Boisbriand, and Sherbrooke and Rouyn-Noranda. I listed the Olympiques first out of homerism and the fact that someone has to come first.

I think that they are quite close though, and it anyone has the edge, it's Hull. We have PEI's Import draft pick, and I can't remember if the Armada have traded up in the Import draft (I don't think they have). Either way, I suspect that we'll come out of the Import draft stronger with a fourth overall pick, than Boisbriand with their fortieth overall pick. I see the Phoenix coming out flat and then getting better once they build chemistry. Whether the Huskies or the Phoenix end up better, I think it will come down to how well the Huskies do right from the start.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I think this might be the strongest division in the Q.

1:Blainville-Boisbriand
2:Gatineau
3:Val D'or
4: Drummondville
5:Rouyn-Noranda
6:Sherbrooke

I think that Blainville will add 2 good euros, that should put them over the top upfront, abd I feel they will add another D...

Gatineau I like, they're my current favorite, however BLB will be active, However with Groulx as coach don't discount them. Should be and interesting year, with some strong coaches in the division.

Val D'Or, could surprise and do better that Gatineau, however I don't seen it, I like their team, and their firepower, but on D I question them. Dumont may make some moves to fix that, I think he's the type to be patient and not to overpay. I think they are a 2014 team.

I have Dru at 4, because they have and elite Goalie, and some highend talent, like Acrchambault who is in his 4th year in the Q and could hit 80 points (overly optimistic perhaps) I think Gauthier could breakout, and Brouillards could be a rock.

Rouyn will be 5, they aren't as deep as Drummondville, but have some nice pieces. I think they have more pot then the Volts.

Sherbrooke will be last because they lack chemistry, and arent very good, the have a solid mix, an could surprise but the rest of the division has high end guys. The 5 OA's they go with could change this.

@Taioseach, while I agree that Gatineau could add a high end euro, I believe that Bouchar will trade up, and may have found a gem or 2, something the Armada are known for.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM
RJQuack

1. Blainville - Good roster, well-rounded, but still don't see the big hype about them when I look at that roster in depth. So I'm backpedaling A bit on these guys, and will win the division. Might be strongest division by default lol. BBA wouldn't win the division if they were in the East or Atlantic IMO tho.

2. Gatineau - Not too confident in Steeves as a tender, but have some good players and a nice package coming from Chicoutimi to put them above Val-d'Or and Rouyn.

3. Val-d'Or - I like the goaltending, 1st and 3rd lines and the D looks alright at this point.

4. Rouyn-Noranda - Tourigny is a wizard at the draft and will have the team up and running very soon near the top. Just not this year. Fournier and Andrighetto/Kamaev will again carry the team

5. Drummondville - Still a midpack team. Expect them to play a similar game like they did this year where they rely on their defense and a hit and grind game to make up for the lack of offense.

6. Sherbrooke - Dead last, but can you blame them? Which as a Moose fan I don't mind as we have their '13 Euro . Look at what SJ did and how many times they finished last and hopefully build a successful team in 3-4 years. Good luck newbies!

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:31 AM
patsbury

Quote:
Drummondville

Malouin-Sylvegard-Brouillard
Archambault-Milson-Gauthier
Boudens-Bergeron-Ratelle
Caoutte-Veneto-Dufour
Auger

Brouillard-Beaudoin
Hrabarenka-LambertLemay
Connell-Rizzo
Bilodeau-Amyot

Graham
Verroneau

Drummondville is a rather weak team in my eyes. They don't really have many offensive weapons and their D is pretty weak. There saviour could be Graham in nets who is going into his draft year.
Sylvegard will not return to Drummondville. http://www.journalexpress.ca/Sports/...as-Sylvegard/1 At least, I like the defense corp and if Graham can bounce back...I hope Volts will draft a skilled forward at draft import because we will have some very high difficulty to score; a 18 years old who could spent 2-3 years...one can only dream

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:58 AM
CH4

1-Blainville
2-Gatineau
3-Val d'or
4-Rouyn
5-Drummondville
6-Sherbrooke

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Yankees

1: Blainville-Boisbriand 95 pts
2: Val D'or 82 pts
3: Gatineau 75 pts
4: Rouyn-Noranda 70 pts
5: Drummondville 55 pts
6: Sherbrooke 50 pts

BLB lineup will be boosted by the addition of Matteau, Steve Lebel and at least one good Euro. Moreover, this team is led by the best defensemen in the league and a top notch goalie.

Even though Gatineau have improved, they got wiped out in 4 games by the Armada during the last playoff. And as I know, Matteau (ranked 17 NAS) is superior to Hyka (ranked 45 NAS).

On the other side, I believe Val d'Or will be a very tough team to play against.

Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:52 AM

The Armada play in Boisbriand but the city of Blainville contributed a lot to the founding of the team.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:59 AM

I don't see how Boisbriand isn't number one (on paper). As an Armada fan, I know damn well that the game is played on the ice, we started last year with one of the worst teams on paper and still were one of the top teams in the league.

But as of right now, the best team on paper in this division is Boisbriand without a doubt. And they could be even better with the addition of two european players.

They got sick 20 years old depth, which will create a lot of competition at camp (Tanguy, Micallef, Lebel, Richer, Giroux, Lemieux).

They have the best D in the league in Xavier Ouellet as well as a top-5 goalie in Étienne Marcoux. Both are mature at 19 years old.

Every single relevant player is returning from last year's edition, aside from Pouliot, Anderson, Kolesnikovs and Laflamme. They will be replaced by Matteau, Lebel, Lavoie the europeans as well as younger players gaining maturity.

They have proven last year that they are one of the most hardworking team in the league and have a ton of speed throughout their lineup.

Clapperton, Paquette, Hodhod and Roy all had great rookie seasons and should produce even more this year. Matteau should be a force and two of Tanguy/Giroux/Lebel should join them as 20 years olds... great offense.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:24 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Right now Sherbrooke might be the worst team in the divison, but they have two euros coming up, which could change the setup a whole lot. I expect them to bring in a D and a Forward.

Our first line will be able to play with any other team's first line, we just lack depth right now, and it's quite normal considering the team is brand new.

I think Audette will have a pretty good season. He might not be a Mackinnon, but I think he's good for 50 points rightaway. At the very least.

My biggest concern is actually having so many no-namers on D.

I think we'll have a pretty good offence but our goalies will smell the rubber after games against Halifax, Rimouski or Québec

I think we will make the playoffs, and could very well end 4th in the division.

Problem with this team is that a lot of the players will be put in new situations, and as you said, a lot of it will depend on the chemistry between the newly formed group.

One thing is sure though, it won't be a party to play against us, as I've played under Judes Vallée, and there are no passengers with him.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Lucky Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees View Post
And as I know, Matteau (ranked 17 NAS) is superior to Hyka (ranked 45 NAS).
This season, Hyka will be more dominant than Matteau.
Just watch...

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:18 AM
welcometothebigshow2

I will be updating the line-ups throughout the Import Draft. I will fix my idea of the standings at the end of the day. This is assuming all picks will come over too.

Last edited by welcometothebigshow2: 06-27-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old
06-27-2012, 09:51 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke View Post
Just watch...
definately.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Just watch...
This Réway guy seems excited about playing with Hyka too!

'15:35 - Martin Réway pre SlovakProspects.com: "Som veľmi spokojný. V Gatineau hrá Čech TomᚠHyka, ktorý by sa ku mne mal hodiť."'

Albeit in U-18, Réway scored 60 points in 25 games last year (21,39), and 24 in 9 playoff games (8,16). He scored twice and added four assists in five games in U-20. He only turned 17 in January too.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:58 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Updated

Old
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I stil think BLB are better and will do better... Bouchard and Houle worked wonders for that team last year, and with the best facilities in the Q (their training center) they'll grow leaps and bounds over the course of the year..

Old
07-03-2012, 09:41 PM

For Boisbriand's lineup Cole Hawes has been released by the team earlier, you should replace him by J.Lavoie who we got from Rimouski in a trade.

On defense, Ouellet will likely play with Picard and our second pair will be Richer/Micallef with Marti.

Old
07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
welcometothebigshow2

if any fans from this division want to post their idea of their teams lines, go ahead!

Old
07-20-2012, 05:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
For Boisbriand's lineup Cole Hawes has been released by the team earlier, you should replace him by J.Lavoie who we got from Rimouski in a trade.

On defense, Ouellet will likely play with Picard and our second pair will be Richer/Micallef with Marti.
Why was Hawes released ?

Old
07-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Lucky Luke

Quote:
if any fans from this division want to post their idea of their teams lines, go ahead!
If Robby Klein and Tyler Drevitch show up, the Olympiques line-up could look like this.

Dubé-Reway-Hyka
Poirier-Régimbald-Burke
Soumakis-Chapman-Drevitch
Kennedy-Courtemanche-Pelletier
Bohémier-Kielly

Klein-Bourret
Beauregard-Poulin
Boily-Cortese
Carrier

Steeves
Michaud

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:31 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
If Robby Klein and Tyler Drevitch show up, the Olympiques line-up could look like this.

Dubé-Reway-Hyka
Poirier-Régimbald-Burke
Soumakis-Chapman-Drevitch
Kennedy-Courtemanche-Pelletier
Bohémier-Kielly

Klein-Bourret
Beauregard-Poulin
Boily-Cortese
Carrier

Steeves
Michaud
Klein is going to training camp from what I have heard. Nothing on Drevitch yet so I will move Pelletier up and put Kielly on 4th line, although he'll be in midget if he can't crack the top 3.