HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Team Atlantic 2013 World Under 17 Challenge

Old
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Q7scout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
I went to watch Gibson right at the end of the season and he wasn't dressed. He may have had a serious injury? Unsure but I had him on my original list of guys to make it.
He had a concussion. All good now. He should get an invite but crazier thing have happened. Actually surprised he went as late as he did in the draft.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
He had a concussion. All good now. He should get an invite but crazier thing have happened. Actually surprised he went as late as he did in the draft.

Even if players don't get invited to try-out if they have a good first few months in hockey they can be added to the team.. It has happened before don't get too worried

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan1977 View Post
Even if players don't get invited to try-out if they have a good first few months in hockey they can be added to the team.. It has happened before don't get too worried
Name one time this has happened where it did not involve an underage player. Only two I can think of are Luke Adam and Cody Donaghay, both underaged when they had played.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:06 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Name one time this has happened where it did not involve an underage player. Only two I can think of are Luke Adam and Cody Donaghay, both underaged when they had played.
+Alex Gallant

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
+Alex Gallant
Sorry that is correct. Although my point still stands, he was also an underager.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Robert22
Rookie User

Has team Atlantic ever won a medal at this event?

Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert22 View Post
Has team Atlantic ever won a medal at this event?
Bronze, beating Ontario in the 2004 event. Brad Marchand, James Sheppard, and a few other pro players were on this team.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:19 AM
localfan

Quote:
I went to watch Gibson right at the end of the season and he wasn't dressed. He may have had a serious injury? Unsure but I had him on my original list of guys to make it.
He missed the first couple of months due to a serious concussion but then was back the remainder of the season. I think he did miss a game or two towards playoffs after hard hit just as a precaution but he was ok for the most part.

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Robert22
Rookie User

Thanks Farva. I looked the team up on the web, what a team they had. Shepperd, Marchand, Bondrachuck, Filler and Harty playing with UNB. WOW!

Also of note is the coach was Dave Ritcey, that will be the coach of the 2013 team I read on this post.Let us hope for a medal with the line up of Bishop, Gallant, and Pugsley leading the way.

Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:59 PM
welcometothebigshow2

My new view on how things look after the draft. I will give 7 D and 13 forwards, and I don't think the 3 from each province rule is intact anymore so I will go against it. I heard MacIntyre will not play because he's apparently from US, so I will not include him:

Moody-Highmore-Kielly
Gallant-Bishop-Batt
Smallman-Pugsley-Blanchard
Messenger-Yetman-Hynes
Tibbo
This gives them three solid scoring lines and a 4th line +Tibbo that can provide some energy and fill in whenever needed. They basically have two top lines.

Donaghey-Deschenes
Mccabe-Nickerson
Quillan-White
Mann
This is a fairly strong defence. The first pairing is a great two-way guy playing with Deschenes who is a more of a stay at home guy. The next pairing will be a strong shut down unit, Nickerson and Mccabe are both big boys. The third pairing along with the 7th D are all guys who could really fill in and all three guys play a good two-way game. An all around solid D core.

McDonald
MacCallum
McDonald I think is one of the best goalies to come out of the Maritimes in awhile. With MacCallum backing him up this could be one of the more solid goaltending units Team Atlantic has had in awhile.

EDIT: Forgot Noel. But I would have him probably in Moody's spot if he's comfortable playing the wing. If not him centering the third line would mean three top lines

Last edited by welcometothebigshow2: 06-15-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old
06-15-2012, 07:22 PM
nsguy009
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Sorry that is correct. Although my point still stands, he was also an underager.
Michael Clarke 2010. Was not an underager, was not invited to summer camp. Impressed during his first 3 months with Cole Harbour and made the team.

nsguy009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Q7scout

Quote:
My new view on how things look after the draft. I will give 7 D and 13 forwards, and I don't think the 3 from each province rule is intact anymore so I will go against it. I heard MacIntyre will not play because he's apparently from US, so I will not include him:

Moody-Highmore-Kielly
Gallant-Bishop-Batt
Smallman-Pugsley-Blanchard
Messenger-Yetman-Hynes
Tibbo
This gives them three solid scoring lines and a 4th line +Tibbo that can provide some energy and fill in whenever needed. They basically have two top lines.

Donaghey-Deschenes
Mccabe-Nickerson
Quillan-White
Mann
This is a fairly strong defence. The first pairing is a great two-way guy playing with Deschenes who is a more of a stay at home guy. The next pairing will be a strong shut down unit, Nickerson and Mccabe are both big boys. The third pairing along with the 7th D are all guys who could really fill in and all three guys play a good two-way game. An all around solid D core.

McDonald
MacCallum
McDonald I think is one of the best goalies to come out of the Maritimes in awhile. With MacCallum backing him up this could be one of the more solid goaltending units Team Atlantic has had in awhile.

EDIT: Forgot Noel. But I would have him probably in Moody's spot if he's comfortable playing the wing. If not him centering the third line would mean three top lines
Totally agree that this is a very impressive forward line up. Should have no trouble putting the puck in the net. However I am not so excited about the D. I would put MacIntyre in as i am pretty sure he is Canadian, as well as Nicholas Gibson. I would remove Deschenes and White.

After this I would rate forwards A, defense B- and goalies B+.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:58 AM
localfan

Gibson didnt get an invite.

MacIntyre is duel citizenship so why can't he play?

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfan View Post
Gibson didnt get an invite.

MacIntyre is duel citizenship so why can't he play?
People mentioned Gibson already & who said MacIntyre couldn't play? Whoever did was lying lol he's very much eligible and will most likely be patrolling the Quebec Remparts blue line.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:01 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
People mentioned Gibson already & who said MacIntyre couldn't play? Whoever did was lying lol he's very much eligible and will most likely be patrolling the Quebec Remparts blue line.
I heard that he was not going to play for Team Atlantic because he has duel citizenship and is American. I dont know if this is true or not, so I just left him off my list. If he does indeed play for Team Atlantic, there defense obviously instantly gets better. And yes according to Patrick Roy he will be playing top 4 D next year for the Remps. The only reason he went that late was probably because he was only going to Quebec, Halifax, or Moncton. Maybe Rimouski too but im not sure. He definetly wouldve been a top 10 pick. Anyways that is just what i heard so I wouldnt believe it just yet.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
I heard that he was not going to play for Team Atlantic because he has duel citizenship and is American. I dont know if this is true or not, so I just left him off my list. If he does indeed play for Team Atlantic, there defense obviously instantly gets better. And yes according to Patrick Roy he will be playing top 4 D next year for the Remps. The only reason he went that late was probably because he was only going to Quebec, Halifax, or Moncton. Maybe Rimouski too but im not sure. He definetly wouldve been a top 10 pick. Anyways that is just what i heard so I wouldnt believe it just yet.
I donno where you're hearing it but it's lies aka speculation

Old
07-09-2012, 08:16 PM
hockeyfan1977

List of players invited to camp

GOALIES
Antoine Landry - Caraquet, NB
Daryl MacCallum - Charlottetown, PE
Mason MacDonald – Halifax, NS
Brandon Short – St. John’s, NL

DEFENCE
Alex Anthony – Shubenacadie, NS
Olivier Arseneau – Tracadie-Sheila, NB
Cody Donaghey – St. John’s, NL
Lee Dower – Conception Bay South, NL
Seth Fillmore – New Maryland, NB
Joshua Fitzgerald – Gander, NL
Ryan MacEachen – Dartmouth, NS
Tanner McCabe – Charlottetown, PE
Duncan MacIntyre – Sydney, NS
Alexander McQuiad – Meadowbank, PE
Alex Mann – Lunenburg, NS
Brendan Nickerson – Cape Sable Island, NS
Andrew Picco – Marystown, NL
Nicholas Quillan – Dartmouth, NS
Michael White – Sherwood, PE

FORWARDS
Lucas Batt – Gander, NL
Clark Bishop – St. John’s, NL
Nicholas Blanchard – Kentville, NS
Tyler Boland – St. John’s, NL
Tyler Burns – Moncton, NB
Ryan Chiasson – Dieppe, NB
Jean-Marc Evans-Renaud – St. Peter’s Bay, PE
Alex Gallant – Stratford, PE
Campbell Gallant – Kensington, PE
Matthew Gray – Rothesay, NB
Liam Hynes – Ferryland, NL
Kameron Kielly – Charlottetown, PE
Denver Lynds – Debert, NS
Colin MacSween – Rothesay, NB
Luke McCaw – St. John’s, NL
Morgan Messenger – Centreville, NS
Zach Moody – Margaretsville, NS
Josh Pugsley – Amherst, NS
Brad Power – St. John’s, NL
Brock Richard – Charlottetown, PE
Logan Saunders – Quispamsis, NB
Kyle Tibbo – Conception Bay, NL
Jarred Toole – Benshaw, PE
Nathan Yetman – Mount Pearl, NL

Old
07-09-2012, 08:23 PM
hockeyfan1977

No Noel, Deschenes. Highmore(injured?), smallman

Old
07-09-2012, 08:36 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Noel and Deschenes are both going to be at All-State All Canadians. Not sure on Highmore, but he seems like a very fragile player, and he may just assume he has a spot and instead of risking getting hurt, he may keep training and adding muscle so he will be ready for camp. There is about three different reasons why he was left off. The aforementioned. He is injured. Or they just forgot to add his name. There is a bunch of kids I have never heard of on this list, but nonetheless, Team Atlantic may just win a medal. No superstars, but the team will have great depth.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:43 PM
hockeyfan1977

were Noel and Deschenes invited? How could they turn down a tryout for the opportunity to play at World U-17. Such a big opportunity..seems weird

Old
07-09-2012, 10:06 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan1977 View Post
were Noel and Deschenes invited? How could they turn down a tryout for the opportunity to play at World U-17. Such a big opportunity..seems weird
Allstate is all of the best '97s in Canada. They were the only two maritimers invited. Its a much bigger deal than Team Atlantic IMO. And they still have a chance to make it.. Look at Gallant last year, probably wasnt even on the radar, and he had a great start to his season, and made the team. I can almost assure you that Noel will be on the team. Deschenes now I would imagine he has a great shot at making it. He is not as certain as Noel to make it but I think he has a great chance. Both seem like character kids. Neither seem cocky at all, and that should be a great thing for those players, because they both have a ton of potential.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:28 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Allstate is all of the best '97s in Canada. They were the only two maritimers invited. Its a much bigger deal than Team Atlantic IMO. And they still have a chance to make it.. Look at Gallant last year, probably wasnt even on the radar, and he had a great start to his season, and made the team. I can almost assure you that Noel will be on the team. Deschenes now I would imagine he has a great shot at making it. He is not as certain as Noel to make it but I think he has a great chance. Both seem like character kids. Neither seem cocky at all, and that should be a great thing for those players, because they both have a ton of potential.
The only 97's that have a chance of making team Atlantic are Noel and Deschenes as under agers if they are not on the original list they will be looked at before the team is picked Picco the d man from NFLD is not in the mix.

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Pretty sure Noel and Duchesne are locks anyway so they really don't need to be at camp, but being the only 2 Maritime kids at the NHLPA game tells you everything you need to know about them lol

Old
07-19-2012, 09:27 AM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
@scoutman- I dont think Arsenault will be on the team, unless they need another guy from NB.. I think that guy will be Smallman.. And I forgot all about Nickerson for my list. That defence looks quite good actually.
Donaghey-MacIntyre
Mccabe-Nickerson
Deschenes-Quillan
Theyd have a great two-way pairing with Macintyre and Donaghey, a great shutdown pair with Nickerson and McCabe, and another solid two way pairing with Deschenes and Quillan. Anyway you put it, I think all 6 of these guys COULD be playing in the Q next year. Depends on who drafts them of course (plus Deschenes who i think could play anyways). The D-core and with MacDonald in nets Team Atl should do alright this year.

Smallman is not at the camp. His parents do not believe in it. I don't believe he has ever played at POE either

Old
07-20-2012, 07:34 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Anyone attend the camp? I seen a practice and a game on Wednesday, but I didn't see anything more. I found there was no real superstars out there, but you could tell who the top guys were. Up front I though Kielly was pretty good. He is a perimeter player though. Bishop is a grinder, he has flash and dash and he brings it all. He honestly doesn't look like your usual third overall pick, but he should be a great second line center for this team. Gallant, Moody, and Batt also stood out to me. On defense, I liked Donaghey the most. He can do it all and should be a solid top pairing dman for this team. I also liked Duncan McIntyre, he isn't the most skilled player, but he is very smart and strong. I thought the next best defenseman was Tanner McCabe. He was far and away the most strong and physical player on the ice and he should play shutdown pair for Team Atlantic. Nickerson, Quillan, and Mann also looked good. I wasn't really paying attention to the goalies.