HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
kinghock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Thats not gonna happen, talk about serious overpayment. Bernier himself will probably get the 19th and maybe a 2nd, Connolly is better than Loktionov so we can just keep him. Want no part of Hickey/Drewiske Muzzin yes but for a pick or a prospect of ours, then you want our starter too. How bout Bernier+Muzzin for 19th+50th+5th?
How bout Bernier+Muzzin for 10th+Connolly

kinghock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:44 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
I think those are people's opinions, not verified facts. I don't doubt Malone wouldn't waive for anywhere but Pittsburgh, but I've never seen anything concrete to suggest he's even been asked once, much less twice, to waive.
I do agree with your opinion only thing is who is a legit source. Matt berry love him hate him does have inside info and contracts on the kings staff ( most think its just a trainer) He also broke that mitchell was coming to the kings before anyone else . Hes as soild a insider for king stuff as there is. Declining a trade is best kept as quiet as possible who needs to know that so and so would be gone if someone else didnt block it. It would be a moral killer. So i would think they would try and denay it.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 01:45 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
How bout Bernier+Muzzin for 10th+Connolly
Dude we've been over this like a million times, not getting the 10th. Maybe Connolly but from what value seems to be the starting point will be the 19th. We are giving up the 2 best pieces in this deal.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I do agree with your opinion only thing is who is a legit source. Matt berry love him hate him does have inside info and contracts on the kings staff ( most think its just a trainer) He also broke that mitchell was coming to the kings before anyone else . Hes as soild a insider for king stuff as there is. Declining a trade is best kept as quiet as possible who needs to know that so and so would be gone if someone else didnt block it. It would be a moral killer. So i would think they would try and denay it.
I would suppose they'd deny it... if they ever heard it. That's my point. We haven't even heard a whisper about it here.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
KingCanadain1976

well ur press isnt a bi polar gossip whiner like urs lol He honestly craves attension so he will report things others wont

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
One name....Eklund. He is complete crap but just because he makes a living off it makes him credible?

The point here is I believe Bernier + can warrant Connolly +. The + from tampa being lower than the + from LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Your price or your GM's? If the GM's do you have a link to show he is currently asking that?
It wasn't Eklund and it wasn't even Lombardi himself who stated that value, really.

Just prior to this year's trade deadline, Bob McKenzie was on Toronto 1050 taking calls and a Leafs fan asked him if Jonathan Bernier could be acquired for Carl Gunnarsson and a mid round pick. His response was that it was highly unlikely given that Lombardi had recently turned down a package of a 1st round pick and a top prospect.

That's about when the perception of Bernier's trade value being around where it is was set for a lot of Kings fans.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:01 PM
stryfe604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
It wasn't Eklund and it wasn't even Lombardi himself who stated that value, really.

Just prior to this year's trade deadline, Bob McKenzie was on Toronto 1050 taking calls and a Leafs fan asked him if Jonathan Bernier could be acquired for Carl Gunnarsson and a mid round pick. His response was that it was highly unlikely given that Lombardi had recently turned down a package of a 1st round pick and a top prospect.

That's about when the perception of Bernier's trade value being around where it is was set for a lot of Kings fans.
A) Gunnarson has no use to LA. Of course Lombardi would say no. With Voynov, Muzzin, Forbort, and Hickey there is no need for Gunnarson.

B) Connolly holds more value than Gunnarson.

C) A top prospect and a first is what we are offering. Connolly + 19th for Bernier + Muzzin. So tell me where this assesment is wrong?

D) And here say from months ago when Quick was not guaranteed to resign to be number 1 in LA, Bernier's value was a little high. Now with him being the odd man out now or next season his value will slowly start to decrease. Especially if he doesn't get played more next season.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
A) Gunnarson has no use to LA. Of course Lombardi would say no. With Voynov, Muzzin, Forbort, and Hickey there is no need for Gunnarson.

B) Connolly holds more value than Gunnarson.

C) A top prospect and a first is what we are offering. Connolly + 19th for Bernier + Muzzin. So tell me where this assesment is wrong?

D) And here say from months ago when Quick was not guaranteed to resign to be number 1 in LA, Bernier's value was a little high. Now with him being the odd man out now or next season his value will slowly start to decrease. Especially if he doesn't get played more next season.
Never once did I state your assessment was wrong.

My response to you is based off of your reply to no name where you were saying Eklund was the source of providing a benchmark for a value that you didn't seem to agree with.

It seemed as if you were trying to discredit what no name was saying by invoking Eklund the way you did, and I was just trying to say that someone more credible was saying something similar.

That's all, really.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Nose of Sutter

Bernier+Loki for Connolly+19th?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Bernier+Loki for Connolly+19th?
Add in someone like Muzzin and I think Tampa would bite.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Add in someone like Muzzin and I think Tampa would bite.
I think the Kings could do that, we have so many D-Men and to add a winger like Connolly and draft another scorer with that pick.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote