HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part V) - "ZP don't take kindly to us"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2012, 10:34 PM
  #26
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,593
vCash: 500
St.Louis desperately needs a lefty on D. Pietrangelo,Shattenkirk and Polak are righties. Those are their 3 best D. The Rangers could get a winger out of there. Oshie,Perron,Schwartz,etc.

What does Dallas want for Jamie Benn?

Ryan O'Reilly from the Avs.

Forget about Rick Nash and some of these other big tickets.

Pitt traded Goligoski to Dallas for Neal and Niskanen. DZ is better than Goligoski.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
  #27
Lexus Dog
Registered User
 
Lexus Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
St.Louis desperately needs a lefty on D. Pietrangelo,Shattenkirk and Polak are righties. Those are their 3 best D. The Rangers could get a winger out of there. Oshie,Perron,Schwartz,etc.

What does Dallas want for Jamie Benn?

Ryan O'Reilly from the Avs.

Forget about Rick Nash and some of these other big tickets.

Pitt traded Goligoski to Dallas for Neal and Niskanen. DZ is better than Goligoski.
Jamie Benn is a pretty big ticket. It would take more to get him than Nash. Dallas got **** on in the Neal trade too, they're not going to trade another big scorer away that easily.

Lexus Dog is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
  #28
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
If anything i want Perron, i wouldn't trade DZ tho.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:37 PM
  #29
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
And from what i hear Dallas fans actually like Goligoski, he isn't doing too bad.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:37 PM
  #30
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
St.Louis desperately needs a lefty on D. Pietrangelo,Shattenkirk and Polak are righties. Those are their 3 best D. The Rangers could get a winger out of there. Oshie,Perron,Schwartz,etc.
Ryan is a better fit than any of those guys, although I'm a big fan of all of them. The guy the Blues are most likely to move, Perron, is the one who is the worst fit for us. Smallish, concussion history.

Quote:
What does Dallas want for Jamie Benn?

Ryan O'Reilly from the Avs.
Why would either of these teams possibly trade either of these players?

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:40 PM
  #31
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
I was surprised when I looked up the stats for Oshie and Perron. I thought they both wouldve scored more goals.

Oshie has NEVER scored 20 goals.
Perron has only done it twice, although this year he scored 21 in 57 games.

I'd do Del Zotto for Perron straight up.

St Louis is desperate for young, skilled, and affordable left defensemen.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:42 PM
  #32
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Ryan is a better fit than any of those guys, although I'm a big fan of all of them. The guy the Blues are most likely to move, Perron, is the one who is the worst fit for us. Smallish, concussion history.

Why would either of these teams possibly trade either of these players?

I don't know anything about Schwartz, but Oshie is actually smaller than Perron. Theyre both pretty thick though and can throw their weight around.

DZ for Perron might work as they need left defensemen desperately and DZ is young, skilled, proven to a degree, and affordable.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:44 PM
  #33
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,086
vCash: 500
I'm not giving up MDZ for someone who puts up 50 points (Perron) no way. There are people on the FA market who can give you 50 pts.

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
  #34
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Erixon for Perron is better imo.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:46 PM
  #35
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I don't know anything about Schwartz, but Oshie is actually smaller than Perron. Theyre both pretty thick though and can throw their weight around.

DZ for Perron might work as they need left defensemen desperately and DZ is young, skilled, proven to a degree, and affordable.
It doesn't matter that he's smaller than Perron, because he plays a lot bigger than Perron. Perron is going to have trouble staying healthy throughout his career, IMO. Regardless, we need size, and neither fits the bill. Ryan is scoring and size.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:48 PM
  #36
RiffyNYR61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PENN STATE
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
I think people here are really, really, GROSSLY underestimating Tim Erixon...

RiffyNYR61 is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:48 PM
  #37
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
It doesn't matter that he's smaller than Perron, because he plays a lot bigger than Perron. Perron is going to have trouble staying healthy throughout his career, IMO. Regardless, we need size, and neither fits the bill. Ryan is scoring and size.

Who would you trade for Ryan?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:49 PM
  #38
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
I think people here are really, really, GROSSLY underestimating Tim Erixon...

And what are people doing with DZ, overestimating him?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:50 PM
  #39
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
I think people here are really, really, GROSSLY underestimating Tim Erixon...
I think alot of people just believe the Rangers D core is already great as constructed (we can use a back guy sure) with Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, and Del Zotto that Erixon is expendable in a deal to bring in some scoring.

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
  #40
wafflepadsave
Registered User
 
wafflepadsave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Who would you trade for Ryan?
How about Dubinsky and Erixon?

wafflepadsave is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
  #41
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Who would you trade for Ryan?
If we could sign Suter, as well as Schultz...

Girardi, Dubinsky, 1st round pick and any prospect they want other than Kreider (although I'd really prefer to hold on to Fast and Miller).

I think it'd be pretty tough for the Ducks to turn that down. Girardi would totally change the makeup of their currently very mediocre group of defensemen.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM
  #42
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If we could sign Suter, as well as Schultz...

Girardi, Dubinsky, 1st round pick and any prospect they want other than Kreider (although I'd really prefer to hold on to Fast and Miller).

I think it'd be pretty tough for the Ducks to turn that down. Girardi would totally change the makeup of their currently very mediocre group of defensemen.

I wouldn't trade Girardi dude, who would replace his minutes? If we sign Suter then that's a different story but he is still a RH dman and we are kind of short on those.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
  #43
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
How about Dubinsky and Erixon?

Sounds good to me, Anaheim will probably want more tho.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
  #44
RiffyNYR61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PENN STATE
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I think alot of people just believe the Rangers D core is already great as constructed (we can use a back guy sure) with Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, and Del Zotto that Erixon is expendable in a deal to bring in some scoring.
Point taken, it is nice to have a plethora of young defensemen so that we can flip it for a scorer we badly need, but I'm seeing that people are very quick to choose TE as the guy to go. Not only that, but the D is, in fact, very young.. and while their potential excites me, we know that things (injuries, guys just not panning out) happens a lot in this game- especially to Dmen (barret jackman? or for NYR kloucek/tyutin).

NYR89, I think Erixon will be better than DZ in the long run. I like D a lot, but I think that he is the most likely to fail of this group, and on top of that I believe his ceiling is the lowest.

If you can get a guy like bobby ryan in a trade for a young D you do it.. but you dont give up a Tim Erixon for david perron. Unless you have the ability to package a guy for a top player up front (which may well happen, we need a scorer) you stick with this group and make the right choices in free agency.

RiffyNYR61 is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:59 PM
  #45
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If we could sign Suter, as well as Schultz...

Girardi, Dubinsky, 1st round pick and any prospect they want other than Kreider (although I'd really prefer to hold on to Fast and Miller).

I think it'd be pretty tough for the Ducks to turn that down. Girardi would totally change the makeup of their currently very mediocre group of defensemen.
People on here are complaining about affording just Nash. Now we want to get Ryan AND Suter? Suter himself is going to get a HUGE payday. and Ryan's cap hit I believe is around 5M.

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:59 PM
  #46
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
Point taken, it is nice to have a plethora of young defensemen so that we can flip it for a scorer we badly need, but I'm seeing that people are very quick to choose TE as the guy to go. Not only that, but the D is, in fact, very young.. and while their potential excites me, we know that things (injuries, guys just not panning out) happens a lot in this game- especially to Dmen (barret jackman? or for NYR kloucek/tyutin).

NYR89, I think Erixon will be better than DZ in the long run. I like D a lot, but I think that he is the most likely to fail of this group, and on top of that I believe his ceiling is the lowest.

If you can get a guy like bobby ryan in a trade for a young D you do it.. but you dont give up a Tim Erixon for david perron. Unless you have the ability to package a guy for a top player up front (which may well happen, we need a scorer) you stick with this group and make the right choices in free agency.

I disagree. Maybe i'm missing something in Erixon but i actually see him being the odd man out in this d group in the future but that's my opinion. I like Del Zotto and i liked him from his rookie season. He stands up for his guys and he can throw a hit when he wants to. I mean i can say all this and he can be traded tomorrow but i still think he will become a very good player and only do positive things for our team.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:59 PM
  #47
Lexus Dog
Registered User
 
Lexus Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
I think people here are really, really, GROSSLY underestimating Tim Erixon...
Agreed. Erixon demanded to get traded to New York and has performed extremely well in the AHL. He's not going anywhere despite everyone on here throwing him into trades.

Lexus Dog is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 11:00 PM
  #48
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
I wouldn't trade Girardi dude, who would replace his minutes? If we sign Suter then that's a different story but he is still a RH dman and we are kind of short on those.
Yeah, the Rangers are not trading Girardi. People need to stop mentioning him in potential deals.

jerseyjinx94 is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 11:00 PM
  #49
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
It doesn't matter that he's smaller than Perron, because he plays a lot bigger than Perron. Perron is going to have trouble staying healthy throughout his career, IMO. Regardless, we need size, and neither fits the bill. Ryan is scoring and size.
Fair enough. I don't watch the blues at all so I don't know much about either, so I'll take your word for it.

I'd love Ryan.

I refuse to overpay in assets for Nash because if we get him, we're already overpaying him in terms of his contract.

But, I'd probably be willing to slightly overpay for Bobby Ryan because his contract is great.

I just can't see Anaheim trading him right now. Why would they? Even after a horrible start, and on a team that underachieved ridiculously, Ryan still finished with 31 goals and almost 60 points. And he's on a great contract for the next three years. Anaheim isn't going to be rebuilding. They should have a better year just because last year everything went wrong and they are a much better team than they played like the first half of last season. If they add a few pieces they could finish 4th-5th in the West, easily. I see no reason for them to trade Ryan right now.

If he were at all available, I'd go as much as...

Stepan, Del Zotto, Miller, 1st

A hard pill to swallow but I'd gladly do it. I think Ryan has a whole other level he hasn't even reached yet. He has the kind of skill/potential to take over and dominate games. I'd much rather take my chances on him than Rick Nash.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 11:10 PM
  #50
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Fair enough. I don't watch the blues at all so I don't know much about either, so I'll take your word for it.

I'd love Ryan.

I refuse to overpay in assets for Nash because if we get him, we're already overpaying him in terms of his contract.

But, I'd probably be willing to slightly overpay for Bobby Ryan because his contract is great.

I just can't see Anaheim trading him right now. Why would they? Even after a horrible start, and on a team that underachieved ridiculously, Ryan still finished with 31 goals and almost 60 points. And he's on a great contract for the next three years. Anaheim isn't going to be rebuilding. They should have a better year just because last year everything went wrong and they are a much better team than they played like the first half of last season. If they add a few pieces they could finish 4th-5th in the West, easily. I see no reason for them to trade Ryan right now.

If he were at all available, I'd go as much as...

Stepan, Del Zotto, Miller, 1st

A hard pill to swallow but I'd gladly do it. I think Ryan has a whole other level he hasn't even reached yet. He has the kind of skill/potential to take over and dominate games. I'd much rather take my chances on him than Rick Nash.


Who would be 2nd line center if we traded Stepan? We need to at least get a center back in the trade because i don't think we have any centers who can make the team next year.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.