HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part V) - "ZP don't take kindly to us"

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 10:34 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
St.Louis desperately needs a lefty on D. Pietrangelo,Shattenkirk and Polak are righties. Those are their 3 best D. The Rangers could get a winger out of there. Oshie,Perron,Schwartz,etc.

What does Dallas want for Jamie Benn?

Ryan O'Reilly from the Avs.

Forget about Rick Nash and some of these other big tickets.

Pitt traded Goligoski to Dallas for Neal and Niskanen. DZ is better than Goligoski.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
St.Louis desperately needs a lefty on D. Pietrangelo,Shattenkirk and Polak are righties. Those are their 3 best D. The Rangers could get a winger out of there. Oshie,Perron,Schwartz,etc.

Forget about Rick Nash and some of these other big tickets.

Pitt traded Goligoski to Dallas for Neal and Niskanen. DZ is better than Goligoski.
Jamie Benn is a pretty big ticket. It would take more to get him than Nash. Dallas got **** on in the Neal trade too, they're not going to trade another big scorer away that easily.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

If anything i want Perron, i wouldn't trade DZ tho.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:37 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

And from what i hear Dallas fans actually like Goligoski, he isn't doing too bad.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:37 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ryan is a better fit than any of those guys, although I'm a big fan of all of them. The guy the Blues are most likely to move, Perron, is the one who is the worst fit for us. Smallish, concussion history.

Quote:

Why would either of these teams possibly trade either of these players?

Old
06-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I was surprised when I looked up the stats for Oshie and Perron. I thought they both wouldve scored more goals.

Oshie has NEVER scored 20 goals.
Perron has only done it twice, although this year he scored 21 in 57 games.

I'd do Del Zotto for Perron straight up.

St Louis is desperate for young, skilled, and affordable left defensemen.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Ryan is a better fit than any of those guys, although I'm a big fan of all of them. The guy the Blues are most likely to move, Perron, is the one who is the worst fit for us. Smallish, concussion history.

Why would either of these teams possibly trade either of these players?

I don't know anything about Schwartz, but Oshie is actually smaller than Perron. Theyre both pretty thick though and can throw their weight around.

DZ for Perron might work as they need left defensemen desperately and DZ is young, skilled, proven to a degree, and affordable.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Lundsanity30

I'm not giving up MDZ for someone who puts up 50 points (Perron) no way. There are people on the FA market who can give you 50 pts.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Erixon for Perron is better imo.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:46 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I don't know anything about Schwartz, but Oshie is actually smaller than Perron. Theyre both pretty thick though and can throw their weight around.

DZ for Perron might work as they need left defensemen desperately and DZ is young, skilled, proven to a degree, and affordable.
It doesn't matter that he's smaller than Perron, because he plays a lot bigger than Perron. Perron is going to have trouble staying healthy throughout his career, IMO. Regardless, we need size, and neither fits the bill. Ryan is scoring and size.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:48 PM
RiffyNYR61

I think people here are really, really, GROSSLY underestimating Tim Erixon...

Old
06-13-2012, 10:48 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
It doesn't matter that he's smaller than Perron, because he plays a lot bigger than Perron. Perron is going to have trouble staying healthy throughout his career, IMO. Regardless, we need size, and neither fits the bill. Ryan is scoring and size.

Who would you trade for Ryan?

Old
06-13-2012, 10:49 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post

And what are people doing with DZ, overestimating him?

Old
06-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
I think alot of people just believe the Rangers D core is already great as constructed (we can use a back guy sure) with Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, and Del Zotto that Erixon is expendable in a deal to bring in some scoring.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
How about Dubinsky and Erixon?

Old
06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
If we could sign Suter, as well as Schultz...

Girardi, Dubinsky, 1st round pick and any prospect they want other than Kreider (although I'd really prefer to hold on to Fast and Miller).

I think it'd be pretty tough for the Ducks to turn that down. Girardi would totally change the makeup of their currently very mediocre group of defensemen.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:

Girardi, Dubinsky, 1st round pick and any prospect they want other than Kreider (although I'd really prefer to hold on to Fast and Miller).

I think it'd be pretty tough for the Ducks to turn that down. Girardi would totally change the makeup of their currently very mediocre group of defensemen.

I wouldn't trade Girardi dude, who would replace his minutes? If we sign Suter then that's a different story but he is still a RH dman and we are kind of short on those.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
How about Dubinsky and Erixon?

Sounds good to me, Anaheim will probably want more tho.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
RiffyNYR61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I think alot of people just believe the Rangers D core is already great as constructed (we can use a back guy sure) with Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, and Del Zotto that Erixon is expendable in a deal to bring in some scoring.
Point taken, it is nice to have a plethora of young defensemen so that we can flip it for a scorer we badly need, but I'm seeing that people are very quick to choose TE as the guy to go. Not only that, but the D is, in fact, very young.. and while their potential excites me, we know that things (injuries, guys just not panning out) happens a lot in this game- especially to Dmen (barret jackman? or for NYR kloucek/tyutin).

NYR89, I think Erixon will be better than DZ in the long run. I like D a lot, but I think that he is the most likely to fail of this group, and on top of that I believe his ceiling is the lowest.

If you can get a guy like bobby ryan in a trade for a young D you do it.. but you dont give up a Tim Erixon for david perron. Unless you have the ability to package a guy for a top player up front (which may well happen, we need a scorer) you stick with this group and make the right choices in free agency.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

People on here are complaining about affording just Nash. Now we want to get Ryan AND Suter? Suter himself is going to get a HUGE payday. and Ryan's cap hit I believe is around 5M.

Old
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Point taken, it is nice to have a plethora of young defensemen so that we can flip it for a scorer we badly need, but I'm seeing that people are very quick to choose TE as the guy to go. Not only that, but the D is, in fact, very young.. and while their potential excites me, we know that things (injuries, guys just not panning out) happens a lot in this game- especially to Dmen (barret jackman? or for NYR kloucek/tyutin).

NYR89, I think Erixon will be better than DZ in the long run. I like D a lot, but I think that he is the most likely to fail of this group, and on top of that I believe his ceiling is the lowest.

If you can get a guy like bobby ryan in a trade for a young D you do it.. but you dont give up a Tim Erixon for david perron. Unless you have the ability to package a guy for a top player up front (which may well happen, we need a scorer) you stick with this group and make the right choices in free agency.

I disagree. Maybe i'm missing something in Erixon but i actually see him being the odd man out in this d group in the future but that's my opinion. I like Del Zotto and i liked him from his rookie season. He stands up for his guys and he can throw a hit when he wants to. I mean i can say all this and he can be traded tomorrow but i still think he will become a very good player and only do positive things for our team.

Old
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Agreed. Erixon demanded to get traded to New York and has performed extremely well in the AHL. He's not going anywhere despite everyone on here throwing him into trades.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:00 PM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
I wouldn't trade Girardi dude, who would replace his minutes? If we sign Suter then that's a different story but he is still a RH dman and we are kind of short on those.
Yeah, the Rangers are not trading Girardi. People need to stop mentioning him in potential deals.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Fair enough. I don't watch the blues at all so I don't know much about either, so I'll take your word for it.

I'd love Ryan.

I refuse to overpay in assets for Nash because if we get him, we're already overpaying him in terms of his contract.

But, I'd probably be willing to slightly overpay for Bobby Ryan because his contract is great.

I just can't see Anaheim trading him right now. Why would they? Even after a horrible start, and on a team that underachieved ridiculously, Ryan still finished with 31 goals and almost 60 points. And he's on a great contract for the next three years. Anaheim isn't going to be rebuilding. They should have a better year just because last year everything went wrong and they are a much better team than they played like the first half of last season. If they add a few pieces they could finish 4th-5th in the West, easily. I see no reason for them to trade Ryan right now.

If he were at all available, I'd go as much as...

Stepan, Del Zotto, Miller, 1st

A hard pill to swallow but I'd gladly do it. I think Ryan has a whole other level he hasn't even reached yet. He has the kind of skill/potential to take over and dominate games. I'd much rather take my chances on him than Rick Nash.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:10 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Fair enough. I don't watch the blues at all so I don't know much about either, so I'll take your word for it.

I'd love Ryan.

I refuse to overpay in assets for Nash because if we get him, we're already overpaying him in terms of his contract.

But, I'd probably be willing to slightly overpay for Bobby Ryan because his contract is great.

I just can't see Anaheim trading him right now. Why would they? Even after a horrible start, and on a team that underachieved ridiculously, Ryan still finished with 31 goals and almost 60 points. And he's on a great contract for the next three years. Anaheim isn't going to be rebuilding. They should have a better year just because last year everything went wrong and they are a much better team than they played like the first half of last season. If they add a few pieces they could finish 4th-5th in the West, easily. I see no reason for them to trade Ryan right now.

If he were at all available, I'd go as much as...

Stepan, Del Zotto, Miller, 1st

A hard pill to swallow but I'd gladly do it. I think Ryan has a whole other level he hasn't even reached yet. He has the kind of skill/potential to take over and dominate games. I'd much rather take my chances on him than Rick Nash.

Who would be 2nd line center if we traded Stepan? We need to at least get a center back in the trade because i don't think we have any centers who can make the team next year.

Closed Thread