Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft - Part III |4PM PST|

Old
06-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

vCash: 500
I want Grigorenko because I think he has the highest potential of anyone int he draft. He has the skill and size to be a legit #1 center in a center driven league.

All we hear is "Big #1 center to my team" on the trade boards because this is the hardest thing to find.

I will take that upside with the very little bust chance and hope he doesnt liek the cold weather in Russia.

Upside: check
Low bust chance: check
Russian factor: the only unknown but he is saying all the right things
Positional need: #1 need

I dont see why we would anyone over him with the exception of Yak and Murray.

Gal's knee injury and the fact that he played with the #1 overall pcim on his wing makes me more cautious then Grig's russian factor.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:32 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
To me Forsberg has the highest upside. Not to **** on what you just said about Grigorenko because I'm with you. But low to high upside, in my eyes Forsberg has the highest. He follows an average rate of progression he ends up as a yearly 40 point guy. If he hits his upside he can be the next Corey Perry.

Grigorenko would be excellent for us though. Laziness issues be damned I'm sure at his worst he'll be as effective as Saku Koivu is now. At his best he can be as good as Getzlaf. We have enough talent in our pipeline to take a boom/bust guy.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:44 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
To me Forsberg has the highest upside. Not to **** on what you just said about Grigorenko because I'm with you. But low to high upside, in my eyes Forsberg has the highest. He follows an average rate of progression he ends up as a yearly 40 point guy. If he hits his upside he can be the next Corey Perry.

Grigorenko would be excellent for us though. Laziness issues be damned I'm sure at his worst he'll be as effective as Saku Koivu is now. At his best he can be as good as Getzlaf. We have enough talent in our pipeline to take a boom/bust guy.
Okay from low to high upside... Grigorenko follows average rate of progression he's Jason Spezza. If he hits his upside he's the next Evgeni Malkin. Lol

It's such a crap shoot.. Either or all could bust. But too me Grigorenko's talent is all world. If i'm going to bust let me bust shooting for the moon.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Okay from low to high upside... Grigorenko follows average rate of progression he's Jason Spezza. If he hits his upside he's the next Evgeni Malkin. Lol

It's such a crap shoot.. Either or all could bust. But too me Grigorenko's talent is all world. If i'm going to bust let me bust shooting for the moon.
Both would be shooting for the moon.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Both would be shooting for the moon.
Average rate of progression being Spezza is probably a bit off, but I can see him having Malkin potential. Very similar in a lot of ways and he appears to have all the skill in the world. I'd say is he busts he likely ends up like Zubrus, which is still a pretty good player. If he reaches his potential, though, he's definitely a very high end #1 centerman.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:33 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
This is so untrue. All the Russian superstars (with the exception of Ovechkin) are workhorses and true hockey players. Ovechkin loves this game maybe more then anyone. I just think he has motivation problems but they are compounded so much since he is Russian. These kids idolize those players.

Put Dumba inbetween Trouba and Forsberg and thats what I hope it is.

I really think you guys are falling for Reinhart's size. He doesnt use it. He will piss you off so much because he doesnt use it.
Well all I hear in the media right now, is how great of a playoff run Reinhart just had and that along with his size he skates well, has good puck skills and can blast the puck

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:02 AM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Well all I hear in the media right now, is how great of a playoff run Reinhart just had and that along with his size he skates well, has good puck skills and can blast the puck
Trouba can do all that just as well. Actually his u-18 vs Reinhart's cup run, Trouba was more impressive.

Old
06-14-2012, 01:33 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Does anyone really think Anaheim will take Grigorenko? He may well be the best pure talent in the draft but I will be shocked if they select a Russian player, not that I support that kind of mindset, but bad playoffs and the Russian factor? we used 3 high picks on Russians named Vishnevski, Smirnov, and Chistov......I don't see it happening again

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Does anyone really think Anaheim will take Grigorenko? He may well be the best pure talent in the draft but I will be shocked if they select a Russian player, not that I support that kind of mindset, but bad playoffs and the Russian factor? we used 3 high picks on Russians named Vishnevski, Smirnov, and Chistov......I don't see it happening again
Last of which happened 11 years ago. Three different GMs since then, different scouting director, completely different organization. Three high profile Russian busts from over a decade ago won't influence a single thing.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:49 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I think it can go either way. Grigorenko has been one of the more divisive players in this draft. We've heard guys saying they want nothing to do with him in the top 20, and others that are calling him a franchise center. I have no idea where we'll fall on that divide, and I wouldn't be shocked if he takes a tumble like Cam did. I don't think we'll skip him just because a few other Russian draft picks failed to pan out.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

I disagree. I see Forsberg as being the safe pick. I think he is the most liklely to be a solid NHLer and very very very little risk picking. I do agree that his upside is similar to Perry though.

I see Grigorenko as having Malkin upside. Malkin upside>>Perry upside. And we all love Perry.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:18 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
I disagree. I see Forsberg as being the safe pick. I think he is the most liklely to be a solid NHLer and very very very little risk picking. I do agree that his upside is similar to Perry though.

I see Grigorenko as having Malkin upside. Malkin upside>>Perry upside. And we all love Perry.
Well...these projections are all assuming everything goes perfect in both player's developments. I'm sure if Grigorenko was actually looking like a future Malkin he'd be ranked above Yakupov.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Friberg expected to sign soon:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14981340.ab

Quote:
19 year old Max Friberg is getting close to a contract with the Anaheim Ducks. The Timra forward is currently visiting the NHL team.
"The negotiations are in good words" says Friberg's agent Jacob Hedin to ST.

Max Friberg is currently in California, USA. He's visiting the Anaheim Ducks, who drafted him in 2011, to take part in their prospect camp, and to negotiate a NHL contract.

"It's a way for them to make sure they don't get into a situation next year where Max decides not to sign and to re-enter the draft" Jacob Hedin says.

"I can also imagine that they have seen other players who signed NHL contracts and were loaned to Sweden do well, as Jakob Silfverberg in Brynas for instance."

Max Friberg came to Timra from Skovde prior to the past season. He contributed with ten points (5+5) in 48 games. Furthermore, he was very successfull in the World Junior Championship where he scored nine goals in six games.

"Max has shown Anaheim what he can do on small rinks" Hedin says to ST.

However, Friberg won't be playing in the NHL as soon as next year.

"Anaheim would gladly see him stay in Timra one more year" Hedin says.

Last edited by Elvs: 06-14-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Friberg expected to sign soon:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14981340.ab

"It's a way for them to make sure they don't get into a situation next year where Max decides not to sign and to re-enter the draft" Jacob Hedin says.
Now where in the world would they get that idea?????? That's comedy gold.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Friberg belongs in Kalifornia

Old
06-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Exit Dose

Portzline says that Columbus is looking to draft a defenseman with their first, and that they're looking into options to trade down.

Lydman and the 6th overall for 2nd and 32nd picks? Please.

Edit: Portzline also said that Yakupov isn't at the top of Columbus's draft board. He also speculated that if he isn't top of Edmonton's list, then there's a decent chance that he could fall out of the top 5.

Last edited by Exit Dose: 06-14-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old
06-14-2012, 05:39 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Ya....theres no chance of that happening lol.

Sounds like someone is trying to get hits on their website with statements like that.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I'm surprised that the Jackets aren't more interested in one of the centres. I guess they like what they see in Johansen, not that it's a bad decision.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:42 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

Wait not only do we shed a $3M contract but move up 4 spots in the draft and gain a high second round pick?

Really?

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Quote:
Portzline says that Columbus is looking to draft a defenseman with their first, and that they're looking into options to trade down.

Edit: Portzline also said that Yakupov isn't at the top of Columbus's draft board. He also speculated that if he isn't top of Edmonton's list, then there's a decent chance that he could fall out of the top 5.

I just lost all respect for you. Enjoy my ignore list.

Crowdy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:

That is an outrageously bad proposal. ericnut's reaction seems a bit extreme, but that package from our side wouldn't get the 2nd overall by itself, let alone the 32nd as well.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Yeah, I don't think it was really serious, though, as indicated by the "please" at the end.

I also think Portzline is quite off base with his theory. I mean, even if he got by Edmonton and then Columbus, I really don't see either Montreal or the Isles passing up on him. Montreal would probably enjoy Galchenyuk, I suppose, but they'd love to have an offensive potential franchise talent. Too good to pass up on. And while a defenseman would make a lot of sense for the Isles, I'm fairly sure they'd gladly postpone that solution if it meant having a Tavares-Yakupov pairing for the foreseeable future.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:20 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Kalifornia Lov

Oh and Suter wants to stay in the West. Well how does any possible realignment (Detroit, Nashville, ____) affect his choices? (although in the earlier proposed deal Detroit stayed with the "West")

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post

I just lost all respect for you. Enjoy my ignore list.
Pretty sure he was joking judging by the bold

Old
06-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Ya....theres no chance of that happening lol.

Sounds like someone is trying to get hits on their website with statements like that.
Portzline is a very respected journalist, not some Eklund wannabe.