HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Ribeiro to Anaheim

Old
06-14-2012, 12:31 AM
ericnut

vCash: 500
Mike Ribeiro to Anaheim

To Anaheim: Mike Ribeiro

To Dallas: Peter Holland and 36th overall

Please note, this is not with a contract extension.

Here is some information on Holland:

Peter had 23 goals and 37 assist in his first AHL season. He's 6"3 and 21 years old. He was drafted 15th overall in 2009.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:35 AM
ericnut

The Ducks are taking a risk since Getzlaf, Perry, and Ribeiro will all be UFA after next season. But I personally think Getzlaf and Perry want to stay in Anaheim, so that would leave Ribeiro. And if the Ducks can't sign Getzlaf and Ribeiro, they could always trade one of them at the trade deadline.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
To Anaheim: Mike Ribeiro

To Dallas: Peter Holland and 36th overall

Please note, this is not with a contract extension.

Here is some information on Holland:

Peter had 23 goals and 37 assist in his first AHL season. He's 6"3 and 21 years old. He was drafted 15th overall in 2009.
I doubt the Stars would trade him to a division rival. But the Sharks are the only team deep with top 6 centers. I would be open to trading Pavelski for the right deal though.

Last edited by Hatrick Marleau: 06-14-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I doubt the Stars would trade him to a division rival. But the Sharks are the only team deep with top 6 wingers. I would be open to trading Pavelski for the right deal though.
What does this have to do with anything?

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:37 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
I doubt the Stars would trade him to a division rival. But the Sharks are the only team deep with top 6 wingers. I would be open to trading Pavelski for the right deal though.

We discussed it on the Stars' board. We're all fine with it.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:00 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Do we really need him?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
We discussed it on the Stars' board. We're all fine with it.
I wasn't expecting that. If he's willing to come here, I'm fine with this trade.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:46 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Works for me.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:55 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Yay everyone is happy!!!

I would prefer to wait till afte the draft. Or atleast the 1st round. If we trade Holland and dont get a center with our 1st then we have no real good center prospects and we will be ****ed in 2 years when Getzlaf and Koivu and Ribs are gona and Bonino is our #1 lol

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:07 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I wasn't expecting that. If he's willing to come here, I'm fine with this trade.
If you would like an explanation:

1) Owner Tom Gaglardi said this leadership core isn't getting it done. They've missed the playoffs the past 4 years, and the best players haven't been their best players down the stretch.

2) Gaglardi and GM Joe Nieuwendyk said the team wants to get younger. They are looking for NHL ready talent in exchange for some of the vets. Therefore, Dallas' pro scouts would likely need to believe Holland is ready for Top 6 duty in the NHL.

3) Don't ask me to explain why because I can't ... I don't get the impression the front office is a big fan of Ribeiro's. I've felt that way for a while with no legitimate proof to point to, but recently a local radio guy with ties to the team (he does some of their color on TV/radio when Razor is with HNIC) mentioned in a blog that was actually the case.

4) A gaggle of front office types including the owner, GM, president, and coach all mentioned getting more centers as being a top priority.

5) GMJN said his amateur scouts are high on the Top 50 prospects, and this gives them a 3rd pick in the Top 50 (after LA blew Dallas' other Top 50 pick ... )

I agreed to this trade on the Dallas forum for those reasons more so than thinking this is a great move by Dallas. Don't get me wrong ... the value is very good. I just don't understand you have a guy in Ribeiro who loves the city, loves the team, and he's consistently putting up very good numbers for you (0.8 ppg). If center is such a huge need, why send out a very good center? There's got to be something off ice that has the Stars panties in a bunch. On paper and watching him on the ice, Ribeiro is a very good 2nd line center.

Holland and the 36th pick are excellent assets, but there is considerably more risk that those assets fail to contribute on ice in the NHL than Ribeiro. I'd definitely hope for the best, but it seems when you look back after a few years on these type of trades, the team getting the established player always wins in a landslide.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
What does this have to do with anything?
I just realized I messed up on my post. I meant centers not wingers but this doesn't really matter if Stars fans don't care about trading Ribero to Aneheim.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:38 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
I just realized I messed up on my post. I meant centers not wingers but this doesn't really matter if Stars fans don't care about trading Ribero to Aneheim.
Pavelski is exactly what the Stars need I just don't see him being available for Ribeiro.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
For whatever reason our team has never had any trouble trading with division rivals, aside from the kings. I don't recall a ton of deals between us and the stars but we've made countless deals with San Jose, and I seriously doubt trading with Dallas is an issue if we can make moves with San Jose, who has always been a bigger rival to us then Dallas. We've moved some pretty big names to San Jose over the years (Selanne and Moen for example). For whats it's worth, when Selanne was potentially on the way out last season, San Jose was considered front runner.

People made big deal about this when discussing Pavelski to Anaheim as well, but I honestly don't see that as an issue. I'd do 6th overall + Holland for Pavs + 4th easily.
Anyway I'd do orginal deal but id want like a conditional 2nd if Ribs didn't re-sign.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Nah, not without being able to talk to and extend him first. I actually like Ribs and think he'd be a great #2 center and work well with Ryan, but I wouldn't give up our only center prospect who's on the cusp of making the NHL, for one year of Ribeiro, not to mention adding a second.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote