HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Random thoughts now that it's all sunk in

Old
06-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

vCash: 500
Random thoughts now that it's all sunk in

Sexy's thoughts:

1. Still walking on freakin' air. I was a Minnesota North Stars fan from childhood in the early '70s through the move in 1993. Of course they never won a cup. I was 'homeless' from 1993-2001 and became a die-hard Kings fan with the Deadmarsh goal. (Or was it Stumpel?)

2. First thought is full credit to Lombardi/Hextall/Futa and Sutter. The patience was well worth it.

3. It's awesome that our homegrown guys led the way. From time to time over the years I doubted Brown and Kopitar but I'm thrilled they came to play when it counted most. I hope they are Kings for life.

4. It's fine with me if Quick gets a contract like Kopi's.

5. I love our role players. Especially AMart: NO GOALS AGAINST in the finals AND the Phoenix series.

6. Glad there were no riots.

7. I wish Nick Nickson got a fraction of the love Bob Miller gets.

8. I guess Loktionov should be traded.

9. REALLY on the fence about Penner. Leaning to the opinion that King brings more without the risk.

10. I wonder if Bernier is willing to ride the pine for another year. I imagine that he will be traded if he asks, but kept otherwise.

11. I wonder what Toronto would give for Bernier, Lokti & rights to Penner.

12. I think we will be busy on draft day & I bet it will be pretty exciting.

13. Honestly I thought Rich Hammond's 'performance' during the run was utterly weak. Other blogs too. We need better bloggers.

14. Still totally devastated about the Deadmarsh news. Is there anything we can do?

Yours?

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:44 PM
ouendan1

"with the 30th pick in the 2012 entry draft, the Los Angeles Kings select"

I will ****ing love those words being said.

ouendan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Mattias

The point I cried...

I was looking over the cup hoisting moments with plenty of goosebumps, then went from the GDT area to the main Kings boards to see 'Congrats from Sabreland!' 'Oil nation says congratulations!' 'Congratulations from New York!!!!' and new threads from every fanbase on the board, ALLLLL the way down our page. That's what gave me a knee jerk, and off I went crying. I wasn't hit from our own playing, the 16-4 record, the emotional ups and downs of the playoffs...it was this forum, and how we collectively reach out to others; that sunk in the most.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:04 PM
LAsusan
Dry Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
The point I cried...

I was looking over the cup hoisting moments with plenty of goosebumps, then went from the GDT area to the main Kings boards to see 'Congrats from Sabreland!' 'Oil nation says congratulations!' 'Congratulations from New York!!!!' and new threads from every fanbase on the board, ALLLLL the way down our page. That's what gave me a knee jerk, and off I went crying. I wasn't hit from our own playing, the 16-4 record, the emotional ups and downs of the playoffs...it was this forum, and how we collectively reach out to others; that sunk in the most.
Same here I even print screened it

LAsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsusan View Post
Same here I even print screened it
Where are the congratulations from _ucks fans?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Shootmaster_44

My random thought is no matter what else happens with the Kings the rest of my life, they will never be Top 5 in the Cupless lists anymore. That always made me slightly sad to see that or to have people say to me you mean they've never won the Cup?

Another random thought I wondered is do the other Monarchs who weren't Black Aces upset they weren't invited to the party or will this make them work harder?

Another one that crossed my mind is will this mean that the Kings will get more respect from the LA Media? Is this the end of Jonathan Swift, Anze Kopidor and Brad Doty? Will they finally realize the Kings play at Staples Center, not the Arco Arena in Sacramento? Will they realize Bailey is the Kings' mascot?

Another thing I wonder is has anyone spoken to Ryan Smyth about this? I'd be interested to hear his comments regarding this. Same with Jack Johnson. Will either of them use this as a reason to play harder against the Kings?

Another thing that I wonder is when is next year's schedule coming out? I want to be there for the Home Opener when they raise the banner. I just hope they open at home on a Saturday evening.

Lastly, has Brownie gone to bed yet? In the pics from the Dodgers game, he still kinda looks like he did on Leno.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
How are they going to send their congrats when they don't even have a fan base?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:25 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

My random thought is about how dumb Brian Hayward now looks after he pulled that stunt with Jim Fox on live tv when he pulled out his ring and said Anaheim was closer to winning a cup than the kings.

Can someone bump that thread so we can have a field day with it. Thanks in advance.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:26 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouendan1 View Post

You got it all wrong..

"With the 30th pick in the 202 NHL entry draft, THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS, Los Angeles Kings select..."

How dare you forget that part! Hahaha

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:28 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

It still hasn't sunk in for me. Every chance I get, I watch replays and I still get chills every time.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:57 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
It still hasn't sunk in for me. Every chance I get, I watch replays and I still get chills every time.
Me too, man. Just tonight I took a picture of the DirecTV guide on my screen that was showing the listing for teh Kings Cup parade....like it wasn't real or something......

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:38 AM
KingsFan7824

Can't say it has fully sunk in for me yet either.

Before the season, really right after they got Richards, people started picking the Kings to maybe do something this year. Then the season starts to play out, and we all know how that looked. 10 weeks ago, Penner and Stoll should have been thrown-in's to get Carter, or just released for the sake of it.

Then the playoffs started. Richards has a great Game 1 against Vancouver. They go up 3-0 in the series before anyone knows what happened. Stoll gets the series winner in OT. They go up 3-0 again against St. Louis. Even though there's no way it can happen, they go up 3-0 yet again against Phoenix. Penner gets to series winner in OT. Everyone knows it can't happen again, because it's already been ridiculous and happened 3 times, but they go up 3-0 again against New Jersey. 10-0 on the road before their first loss.

Healthy enough that everyone but Clifford(and Gagne sort of) didn't miss a game due to injury. You can pick out a moment for almost every player. Richardson had only 1 point, but it was a goal that tied the game in the 3rd period of Game 5 against Vancouver. Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, and Quick all had so many moments that any of the 4 could have easily won the Conn Smythe.

The Kings had a chance to win the Cup in less than 20 games. That's crazy. The pre-season expectations, combined with the regular season they had, combined with the history the Kings made in the playoffs, makes for a weird Cup(don't know what a normal one feels like though). It was predicted that it could happen, but a total surprise how it happened.

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Tony O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Congrats from down the 5 fwy was your first hint. Hockeydemon05 lists himself as a Ducks fan; so stop hating a minute and enjoy the Cup victory.

Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

It really hasn't sunk in yet. Still in this stage of shock that it finally happened. After waiting for years and years to watch a King hold it, too good to be true.

Also realized how insane it was when I saw the entire front page filled with threads saying congrats from X board and Y board

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
My random thought is about how dumb Brian Hayward now looks after he pulled that stunt with Jim Fox on live tv when he pulled out his ring and said Anaheim was closer to winning a cup than the kings.

Can someone bump that thread so we can have a field day with it. Thanks in advance.
Here is something I posted on the main board earlier today that may make you feel better:

Quote:
Brian Hayward, you mean the guy that had a stellar 13-year journeyman career with four different teams, a 143-156-37 record (better than it should be thanks to the offense of the Montreal Canadiens in the late-80s), a GAA of 3.72 (!), and a save percentage of .874?

In his last season with SJS, he truly outdid even himself, went 2-14-1 with a GAA of 5.55 and a save percentage of .846.

Now, how can you argue against his well-thought-out opinions with numbers like that?

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:34 AM
unhinged97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouendan1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
You got it all wrong..

"With the 30th pick in the 202 NHL entry draft, THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS, Los Angeles Kings select..."

How dare you forget that part! Hahaha
I'm pretty sure the condition on the 1st rounder to Columbus in the Carter deal was making the playoffs. Once LA did that, the pick locked in for 2012. So, I believe LA doesn't have a 1st as of right now.

unhinged97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:49 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post

starting at 2:00

Hayward: "I think think either one of these teams is ready to win a Cup right now."

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

I am wondering if during the pregame introductions (scratches and injuries) that "your Los Angeles Kings!" will actually become "your Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings!"

When the Lakers first won their title in 1972, they did that the following year. I am also sure they did it sometimes in the 1980s.

However, with the homogenization of the league's teams (especially the NHL), the league may bar them from doing that. I don't know for sure, but having not experienced it before, naturally its a question for me.

In any event, I am just wondering. What I really care about is going to the home opener next year and see how they raise the banner. For the Lakers, its been kind of ho-hum. I would hope the Kings is much better than that. I have seen the Bruins from earlier this year and they made a big deal out of it (was pretty cool, and I thought professionally done).

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
12. I think we will be busy on draft day & I bet it will be pretty exciting.
I'm assuming Richardson, Loktionov, a few prospects, and possibly Bernier (if Quick is resigned and I'm sure he will be. I believe the deal is done. Lieweke sounds pretty damn confident and Quick is dedicated solely to the team.) will be on the move.

What do you guys think?

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:08 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I'm assuming Richardson, Loktionov, a few prospects, and possibly Bernier (if Quick is resigned and I'm sure he will be. I believe the deal is done. Lieweke sounds pretty damn confident and Quick is dedicated solely to the team.) will be on the move.

What do you guys think?
Quick can't talk contract with the Kings until July 1st.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:45 AM
CNS
A World Alone

OP can shut your damn mouth over 8.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:05 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

One of my many thoughts was "Ducks got it first, but the Kings did it with style. 16-4. 10-1 on the road. Led every series 3-0..."

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:13 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Congrats to the L. A. Kings winning the 2012 Stanley Cup, by far the best team from Mid February right thru the Playoffs from a St. Louis Blues Fan.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:02 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
Congrats to the L. A. Kings winning the 2012 Stanley Cup, by far the best team from Mid February right thru the Playoffs from a St. Louis Blues Fan.
Thanks sir, hopefully your Blues can finally get their first cup as well some time in the future.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:13 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Here is something I posted on the main board earlier today that may make you feel better:
I had no idea his numbers were that bad. Just when I thought I couldn't respect him any less, you go and drop his career stats on me. Lol

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote