HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 04:30 AM
WetHog

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Entry on the Insider blog has Shanahan saying Banks needs to contribute at WR if he wants to make the team. Appears his days are numbered.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak

Old
06-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Jackstrom19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Entry on the Insider blog has Shanahan saying Banks needs to contribute at WR if he wants to make the team. Appears his days are numbered.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak
Banks is gone. There is little return game anymore, and he doesn't fit into our top 7 wideouts. As dynamic as he is, the rule change killed his career

Old
06-14-2012, 11:50 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

You guys had Banks cut last summer too. We'll see.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:15 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
I had boldly predicted Banks and Torain would be cut at some point during the season. Banks in part because of his knife fight bad apple thing. And, I figured it was he overdue to fumble a few times. I have to give him credit, he didn't fumble.

Poor Torain got cut for the last week of the season, so I just barely got 1 of the 2. I was a year early on Rabach, and maybe Banks too.

I would say the heat is on him, but I think given his diminutive stature, it always has been. I am not impressed with our wideout core, maybe he becomes 3's super deep option. Like Armstrong was for McNubb. Really though, I think he only makes the team via dazzling "you can't cut me" returns in preseason.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:45 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

The heat is definitely on Banks. Early in a player's career being one dimensional isn't so bad because teams typically hope they'll develop into bigger roles. Banks hasn't done that so far and he's not elite at what he DOES do well. Something has to give. I still don't think the Skins are all that deep that they'll be forced to cut him, but who knows what happens between now and camp. They could pick up someone who will make it more likely he's gone or another return guy could blossom.

Old
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Who are our potential returners if he gets cut?

I thought Austin deserved more looks. He did good in preseason after Banks got injured. He may get cut himself, who knows. Who else is there... Buchanan? Maybe Robinson. Moss... yeah I know he "will" get injured.

One of our RB can handle KR duty I'd presume.

Old
06-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Jackstrom19

Our Wideouts look like:

Pierre
Josh Morgan
Moss
Hankerson
Austin/Armstrong/Robinson/Banks (Pick 2)

I think you have to keep Austin and Armstrong. Austin can return kicks and Armstrong can straight out fly. He might be a good keep for RGIII

Old
06-14-2012, 01:49 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

I am not sure how much we can expect out of young injury prone wideouts. We certainly have not done well at all developing nor using young wideouts over the past 10-20 years.

Hank had the torn labrum. I am not sure Jamal who had the same injury, is completely over it. Morgan has lost a few inches off his vertical after his broken leg IIRC.

While Moss in the slot is attractive, I am not sure either will beat out Moss for snaps.

Robinson seems to be in favor. Armstrong may get cut. It was just too tough for him to replicate the circus catches he had two years ago. He only had 7, count em 7 catches all year.

Pierre | Morgan | Moss | Hank | Austin | Robinson

It would be huge if both Morgan and Hank can compete all year but I am weary.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:29 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
You guys had Banks cut last summer too. We'll see.
I will admit I was surprised Banks lasted the entire season on the roster only returning punts. Good for him, but I cannot see that happening again this year. It can't. Between FA additions Garcon and Morgan, potential return of Hankerson, Moss reporting in the best shape he's been in 3 or so years, and others like AAA competing for a roster spot, Banks cannot be a one trick pony.

There was talk today that Banks was working at WR and other positions in OTA's and the mini-camp. If he can show a glimps of being able to contribute like Darren Sproles that would be fabulous, but thats what he will need to show to hang around this season.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:44 PM
WetHog

St. Louis Rams‏@STLouisRams

Rams have officially signed LB Rocky McIntosh,6-year veteran comes from Washington where he had 65 tackles and a sack in 8 starts last year.

Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

Old
06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Jackstrom19

Quote:
I will admit I was surprised Banks lasted the entire season on the roster only returning punts. Good for him, but I cannot see that happening again this year. It can't. Between FA additions Garcon and Morgan, potential return of Hankerson, Moss reporting in the best shape he's been in 3 or so years, and others like AAA competing for a roster spot, Banks cannot be a one trick pony.

There was talk today that Banks was working at WR and other positions in OTA's and the mini-camp. If he can show a glimps of being able to contribute like Darren Sproles that would be fabulous, but thats what he will need to show to hang around this season.
We used 7 Wr's last year because we only dressed two Qb's. This year, because we are so young at QB, I think they have to dress both rooks and Rex...thus allowing us only to bring along 6 wideouts

Old
06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstrom19 View Post
We used 7 Wr's last year because we only dressed two Qb's. This year, because we are so young at QB, I think they have to dress both rooks and Rex...thus allowing us only to bring along 6 wideouts
Yes carring 3 QB's will factor in Banks hanging around as well, but ultimately a contending NFL team cannot have a roster spot taken up by someone who can only return kicks/punts. Especially after the kickoff was moved up 5 yards. Hence why the Banks era in DC is possibly over.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Jackstrom19

anybody hear how niles paul is doing at TE? I talked to him a few weeks ago in Reston and he said he thought he was doing alright and learning the system was the hardest part.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
WetHog

Quote:
anybody hear how niles paul is doing at TE? I talked to him a few weeks ago in Reston and he said he thought he was doing alright and learning the system was the hardest part.
From reports I read/heard during OTA's and the mini camp he looked like he was making the transition very well. Once again though, OTA's and mini camp are performed in T-shirts and shorts. Have to wait to see how he shakes out in Training Camp and Pre-season games.

Hope it works out for him though. The guy looks like he could be a Shannon Sharp type guy, and he contributes a lot on special teams. Paul is someone the Skins need to hold on to.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:39 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Got a new RGIII jersey for Father Day....kinda psyched.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Jackstrom19

Quote:
From reports I read/heard during OTA's and the mini camp he looked like he was making the transition very well. Once again though, OTA's and mini camp are performed in T-shirts and shorts. Have to wait to see how he shakes out in Training Camp and Pre-season games.

Hope it works out for him though. The guy looks like he could be a Shannon Sharp type guy, and he contributes a lot on special teams. Paul is someone the Skins need to hold on to.
I think it was a great move by the front office. However, I like Paulson as a blocker and usually that third TE needs to be able to block.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:25 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Got a new RGIII jersey for Father Day....kinda psyched.
Nice. Might pick up a tshirt.

06-20-2012, 11:55 AM
WetHog

Quote:
I think it was a great move by the front office. However, I like Paulson as a blocker and usually that third TE needs to be able to block.
If Paul sticks at TE Paulson will remain the 3rd TE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Nice. Might pick up a tshirt.
I am with you on this. Excited to see what Griffin can do, but its way to early for me to invest, or ask a family member to invest, in a Griffin Jersey. That, and in this day an age where franchise players never seem to finish their career with the team that drafted them, that is another strike against getting a Griffin Jersey for me.

Right now my Joe Jacoby #66 authentic jersey is enough. Retro Sonny jersey would be cool as well. Got my step-father a retro Sonny jersey for his birthday this year. It looks real sharp and the price was a lot cheaper than I expected.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Jackstrom19

So are my white skins RGIII, Burgandy skins RGIII, and Green Baylor RGIII jerseys too much?

Old
06-25-2012, 01:39 PM
WetHog

Apparently a former member of the Baylor Basketball Team was arrested for trying to extort money from Robert Griffin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...extorting-rg3/

Its great that this ****** was arrested, but it makes me wonder what he has over Griffin that he thought he could successfully get a large sum of money out of the newest addition to the Skins. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:54 PM
WetHog

Just when it seemed Sleepy Davis would follow the straight and narrow, think again:

Fred Davis is representing himself in a bizarre lawsuit

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...zarre-lawsuit/

Here is a little tidbit of the stupidity:

Davis: “As it shows, you also have your hand on his genitals. I mean why would you take a picture like that?”

Chaka: “I do not. Let’s look closely at the exhibit right here, Judge. Where is my hand placed in this exhibit?”

Judge: “I do not answer questions. . . . The witness does.”

Chaka: “Can you tell me where my hand is actually at in this photo?”

Davis: “It looks like it’s in the genitals to me. I mean your hands are on his genitals. Your hand is on his –”

Chaka: “Objection.”

All I have.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:59 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

And Davis is defending himself in court

You can't make this stuff up.

Quote:
For the past 18 months, Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis has been quietly engaged in a legal soap opera with a woman he knows from the nightclub scene, according to court documents and courtroom testimony.

On January 10, 2011, Makini R. Chaka, 33, filed a civil complaint against Davis after he allegedly dumped juice on her head and busted her lip at a Washington, DC, nightclub. In court documents and testimony, Chaka accused Davis of assaulting, harassing, and threatening to kill her.

“I am 5’4 inches tall and 110 pounds and am afraid that I will be attacked again by this man whom is 6’4 and 260 pounds,” Chaka said in court documents.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:31 AM
tycoonheart

lol.

That transcript is hilarious.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:14 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Stay away from the Ho-Train Fred.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:13 AM
WetHog

Rumor reported on 980 is that the Skins are in negotiations with Sleepy Davis on a long term deal. The Sports Chicks believe its a BS rumor started by Davis's agent to take attention away from his on going court case with a chick named Chaka.

After reading some more excerpts from this Chaka case I would prefer the Skins end negotiations with Sleepy if they are indeed on going because it sounds like Sleepy is a friggin idiot.

Closed Thread