HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Choose your own draft week adventure!

View Poll Results: What will the Stars most likely do between June 17th and June 24th?
Nothing except use currently owned picks and we will be bored to tears 8 24.24%
Make minor trades involving long shot players or late picks 2 6.06%
Nothing big, but pieces of some importance get moved, no real roster players moved 5 15.15%
One or two roster players moved plus smaller pieces 14 42.42%
Begin the Great Purge for Great Leader Gaglardi 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-13-2012, 08:50 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
This is related to the OP's poll. Will you guys be happy if the Stars make their selections at the draft but no players are moved? Assuming they don't reach terribly off the board at 13 but do nothing to change the current roster is that an acceptable outcome in Pittsburgh?
Hmm it's not an acceptable outcome for the summer but it could be for the draft. The draft isn't the end-all be-all for making moves, it's just one of the better avenues of getting things done.

That said I'm obviously hoping deals (big ones) are made at the draft.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:20 PM
catters078

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
At least that Minnesota 3rd is still high
until they sign parise in free agency, make the playoffs, win two rounds and make that pick like pick 85 or seomthing.

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Hmm it's not an acceptable outcome for the summer but it could be for the draft. The draft isn't the end-all be-all for making moves, it's just one of the better avenues of getting things done.

That said I'm obviously hoping deals (big ones) are made at the draft.
I think if Morrow's not moved at the draft he's in Dallas next season. I just don't see them trading him right before the season. Moving him now allows people to get used to it and forget; plus I imagine his value as part of a draft pick move might be the best we can do. Trading him right as you're ready to start the season seems like bad PR for a team trying to sell tickets.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:30 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
I think if Morrow's not moved at the draft he's in Dallas next season. I just don't see them trading him right before the season. Moving him now allows people to get used to it and forget; plus I imagine his value as part of a draft pick move might be the best we can do. Trading him right as you're ready to start the season seems like bad PR for a team trying to sell tickets.
I think the best time to move Morrow will be at the deadline. Too many question marks right now.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think his value is at an all time low right now. Just staying healthy until December or ambitiously the trade deadline would increase his value. Unless some other team offers something ridiculous, I think Morrow will be here until at least mid-season.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:41 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Well obviously for anything to happen other teams have to be wiling to pay the price, so hopefully at least one team is desperate enough. It would be nice if a few teams were.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
I've said it before and still feel this way. The decision to trade or not trade Morrow needs to be one based on a decision to go in a different direction from the player and not what kind of return he can garner. Obviously, you don't want to trade your captain for peanuts but if they think the entire leadership core needs revamped then he's got to go before the season starts - return be damned.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I've said it before and still feel this way. The decision to trade or not trade Morrow needs to be one based on a decision to go in a different direction from the player and not what kind of return he can garner. Obviously, you don't want to trade your captain for peanuts but if they think the entire leadership core needs revamped then he's got to go before the season starts - return be damned.
This right here. I agree completely. I just don't believe Joe is at that stage or Gagliardi will allow him to pull the trigger on Morrow for a 2nd, assuming he's even worth that. At this point I don't know how you evaluate his value to Dallas let alone some other team.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:04 AM
lance78

With the lack of free agent talent and several of the ones that would be available July 1 being re-signed, I think the trade market is getting tougher. I think draft day will be quiet for Dallas, even though that is not what I want. I just don't see Dallas having the pieces to trade for players that can make our team better. All of the older/veteran players that continually are recycled in trade proposals are not going to return players that greatly impact next season. Joe doesn't have the assets to trade for the top 6 player or a top pairing D player this off-season. I believe Dallas brass is willing and wants to acquire those players, but it seems like an awfully tough market this year. Many teams are talking about the thin UFA market and having to make their team better through trades and Dallas doesn't have the assets to compete with other teams this year to make a big splash. I hope I am proven wrong.

lance78 is offline   Reply With Quote