HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly-Preds

Old
06-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Philly-Preds

Mez, Read and conditional 2nd(Suter signing) for Blum, Hornquist and rights to Suter. Is it close? Who adds...and what.

Thoughts?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Mez, Read and conditional 2nd(Suter signing) for Blum, Hornquist and rights to Suter. Is it close? Who adds...and what.

Thoughts?
It isn't close if the pick is conditional. Suter's rights are worth a 2nd.

Even so, it isn't a very good deal for Nashville.

Suter = 2nd
Hornqvist > Read (though it is a modest gap, and Read is a bargain)
Blum > Mezsaros

Maybe for the Flyers 1st, but I doubt it. If Suter leaves, Blum has to play a huge role for the Preds going forward. I can't see them moving him.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Suter's rights > conditional 2nd
Blum > Mez (trade value, not this coming year obviously)
Hornqvist > Read.

Why do we do this again?

For that package of 3 plays, one of Schenn, Couturier, JVR, or Voracek absolutely has to be involved. I'll try to counter.

Hornqvist+Blum+Suter's Rights for JVR+Mez+2nd

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
It isn't close if the pick is conditional. Suter's rights are worth a 2nd.

Even so, it isn't a very good deal for Nashville.

Suter = 2nd
Hornqvist > Read (though it is a modest gap, and Read is a bargain)
Blum > Mezsaros

Maybe for the Flyers 1st, but I doubt it. If Suter leaves, Blum has to play a huge role for the Preds going forward. I can't see them moving him.
I agree to some degree here. Blum had a down year and most have him topping out as a top 4 D-man...where Mez is now. And yes...Horn is slightly better than Read but for sure the cap hit for Read is always attractive.
So if the pick was for a 2nd...then upgraded to a 1st if Suter signs...close to a deal?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:24 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Wouldn't be willing to give up anything for suters rights, considering its most analysts and reporters contention that he doesn't want to play in a big market eastern conference team. Of holmgren were able to somehow receive confirmation that he would be willing to play for the Flyers, then I'd say do it, but I'm not confident that he'd sign here.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I agree to some degree here. Blum had a down year and most have him topping out as a top 4 D-man...where Mez is now. And yes...Horn is slightly better than Read but for sure the cap hit for Read is always attractive.
So if the pick was for a 2nd...then upgraded to a 1st if Suter signs...close to a deal?
The value is probably closer, but I doubt Nashville does it. I think they like what Hornqvist brings to the club.

Even if you drop read and Hornqvist, and leave it a Conditional 1st/2nd for Suter / Blum, I think they pass. They can't afford to open up two holes in their backline.

More to the point, there's really no reason for the Flyers to trade for Suter's rights. Speculation seems to suggest that he has little interest in large eastern markets and every intention of testing his UFA status. Why would any team, let alone one in a large eastern market, give up an asset to talk to him a week earlier, if he apparently has no intention of signing anywhere before July 1?

Mezsaros is a 4/5 defenseman. He can anchor a third pair or support a second, but he has struggled to anchor a 2nd pairing. Blum probably has 3-4 upside. Blum's age and contract make him more valuable, and I don't see any reason the Preds would make that swap, even if the Flyers added a second asset.

Old
06-14-2012, 10:33 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:

Thoughts?
I'd say it's close, those who think Suters right will fetch a non-conditional 2nd round pick are dreaming.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Why does Philly do this? They already don't have Pronger, are losing Carle to UFA, and now risk Mez for a small window with Suter? That's a lot of D to replace....

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Why does Philly do this? They already don't have Pronger, are losing Carle to UFA, and now risk Mez for a small window with Suter? That's a lot of D to replace....
By almost every account, they've already negotiated the framework of an extension with Carle, but can't announce it because of tagging space issues until July 1.

(But, as posted above, I agree that the Flyers should not trade for Suter's rights).

Old
06-14-2012, 12:18 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

doesn't do much for nashville
Read is very nice, but redundant with sergei kostitsyn/hornqvist/wilson/smith/whoever replaces radulov/bourque/halischuk

unless it's a top pairing defensemen or someone who can step in for Suter, it really doesn't do much, because the bottom pairings for Nashville are crowded with Blum, Josi, Ellis, Laakso, Ekholm etc. all trying to get a spot

and the 2nd is... a 2nd.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote