HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Devine on WGR this morning

Old
06-11-2012, 06:12 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Perhaps they view him more as a winger than a center?
Wonder if he's their top target but they don't want to tip their hand...

And it's not like wingers playing center ever scared this team off...

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:51 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Wonder if he's their top target but they don't want to tip their hand...

And it's not like wingers playing center ever scared this team off...
I would love Forsberg as a Sabre. Even if he can't be molded to a center, still the kind of player I want more of on the roster (big-bodied, physical scorers).

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Wgr covering the draft in advance in any capacity is surprising to me.

I remember a few weeks before Myers was drafted. Schopp said something to the effect that, nobody on an internet message board could possibly know anything about those guys and it's worthless to speculate.

So yeah, it's surprising.

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I would love Forsberg as a Sabre. Even if he can't be molded to a center, still the kind of player I want more of on the roster (big-bodied, physical scorers).
Quote:
I agree. If we move up but still miss Galchenyuk, Forsberg would be my 2nd choice. I believe he's played both LW and C and could likely be groomed for either. He seems to get compared to Landeskog quite a bit, and that's a type of player I would love to have more of in Buffalo.

If we stay at 12, I would be happy if Ceci fell to us and we moved up from 21 to get Girgensons.
I didn't see enough of Forsberg to compare him to Landeskog. I watched video from U-18's linked on the prospects board. I'm not a hockey scout, or anything close, so I'm not confident making that comparison. From what I saw, when Forsberg got the puck, he was hard to take it away from, and made smart plays with the puck.

He reminds me of the kind of player that the Red Wings target: good offensive skills, maintains the puck, makes smart plays, can play physical but doesn't need to rely on that aspect of his game.

Plus, I heard he was related to Peter.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:37 AM
gallagt01

After finally listening to the audio, I've got a gut feeling they're going to push hard to move up.

Forsberg or Galchenyuk.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:30 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

I agree with you Loods but I really think its going to cost way too much for Regier to actually pull the trigger....Ihopefully I'm wrong tho and Galy is a Sabre next Friday night!

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:47 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
After finally listening to the audio, I've got a gut feeling they're going to push hard to move up.

Forsberg or Galchenyuk.
The million dollar question there is whether the teams up in the top 2 or 3 picks have any interest in dropping back to 12 or any of the players that the Sabres would be willing to move to get up there.

Some Sabres fans will drive Roy to Columbus for the 2nd pick. But, how many would feel the same way if they wanted two of Ennis, Hodgson, and Foligno?

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:16 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
The million dollar question there is whether the teams up in the top 2 or 3 picks have any interest in dropping back to 12 or any of the players that the Sabres would be willing to move to get up there.

Some Sabres fans will drive Roy to Columbus for the 2nd pick. But, how many would feel the same way if they wanted two of Ennis, Hodgson, and Foligno?
Nope. I'd be ok with giving them Armia/Pysyk/Adam though. I feel like one of those along with 12 and 21 is a reasonable offer.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:32 AM
gallagt01

Quote:

It's a difficult situation.

If Forsberg were a natural center or projected to be a center in the NHL, I think I'd part with one of Ennis or Hodgson to move up. Likewise, if Galchenyuk didn't miss an entire season of development and as such was NHL-ready, I would part with one of the aforementioned centers. But he's not, and this team can't afford to head into 12/13 with just (one of) Hodgson/Ennis and Roy as its only centers.

Then again, that could give them a head start in the Mackinnon sweepstakes. If McNabb enticed either team, I'd offer him.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Nope. I'd be ok with giving them Armia/Pysyk/Adam though. I feel like one of those along with 12 and 21 is a reasonable offer.
The 2nd pick is valuable because you expect it to be an impact player.

Armia is the only one of those three that have impact player upside potential. And he's still a mid-1st who hasn't had a huge jump in value since he was drafted last season.

If the shoe was on the other foot, would you be excited about giving up the 2nd pick for 12, 21, and a guy like Mark McNeill?

Old
06-13-2012, 11:14 AM
HiddenInLight

The general feeling I've been getting from the CBJ boards is that they want a 2013 first. I was told by their fans that they would be happy dealing their first this year for Stafford, Nashvilles 1st and our 2013 first, letting us keep 12. I wouldn't like to break up FES but for the number 2 overall Id do it. Not to mention it still leaves us 12 41 and 44 plus 4 mil in cap space to make some deals with.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
The general feeling I've been getting from the CBJ boards is that they want a 2013 first. I was told by their fans that they would be happy dealing their first this year for Stafford, Nashvilles 1st and our 2013 first, letting us keep 12. I wouldn't like to break up FES but for the number 2 overall Id do it. Not to mention it still leaves us 12 41 and 44 plus 4 mil in cap space to make some deals with.
I wish Howson was as dumb as their fans!

Old
06-13-2012, 01:21 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
I feel like he is. I certainly wouldn't call many of the moves he's made smart...

Old
06-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Quote:
I feel like he is. I certainly wouldn't call many of the moves he's made smart...
While it may end up looking foolish in hindsight, Howson was clearly under a lot of pressure and mandate to make impact changes last summer - the Wisniewski signing and Carter trade both showed signs of rash decisions that were probably forced more by that pressure than plain ignorance.

I think that's why most media members have correctly speculated that Howson won't be as quick to trade Nash on a knee-jerk impulse - he knows he has to get it right in terms of maximizing the assets coming back to CBJ.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:37 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:

No way.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote