HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Burrows & Edler

Old
06-13-2012, 04:47 AM
MISC*
Negged.

vCash: 500
Burrows: 4 years, 14 million.

3.75 per.

Edler: 4 years, 18 million.

4.5 per.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:11 AM
hockeywoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Burrows: 4 years, 14 million.

3.75 per.

Edler: 4 years, 18 million.

4.5 per.

I wish Edler were that cheap.
The way salaries are going, I'd reckon he'd have a cap-hit
between 5-6M per.

hockeywoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:03 AM
NYVanfan

So do either go with a goalie, if it makes the deal fly?

Luongo, Burrows for Hedman, Bogosian, or Carlson?

Schneider, Elder, Burrows for Nash and Johanson?

Would ppl mind that?

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:00 AM
dave babych returns

If we got Nash and Johansen in the same deal I'd trade all that and add Schroeder and a couple of first round picks to boot.

dave babych returns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Agreed. This is hard for a lot of fans but it's very true. Sometimes a team has to know when a deal just doesn't work. We all love Burrows and if he is willing to sign a 3 or 4 year deal at $3-3.5M per then fantastic. If he wants $5M or more on a longer 5, 6 or even 7 year deal then Vancouver HAS to say thanks but no thanks. That is a dangerous contract to give a then 33yr old forward who bashes and crashes every night. At some point over the next few years Burrows is going to start breaking down.
Considering only one player on this team has a contract longer than 5 years (and he's being dealt), not sure why you keep bringing this up. Longer term deals tend to *LOWER* the cap hit in any event (unless you happen to think some GM is going to pay Burrows $6+ million on a shorter term deal.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:53 AM
14s incisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
So do either go with a goalie, if it makes the deal fly?

Luongo, Burrows for Hedman, Bogosian, or Carlson?

Schneider, Elder, Burrows for Nash and Johanson?

Would ppl mind that?
I would be furious. Burrows needs to retire a Canuck.

I wouldn't trade any of Burrows, Edler, or Schneider straight up for Nash. The guy is the most overrated player in the NHL and has a horrible contract.

14s incisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:00 AM
14s incisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
We must remember that we can't keep Burrows solely because of our emotional connection with him. That's just not how you run a team/business/organization, and I trust Gillis with the situation.
No, not solely for the emotional connection, but how about loyalty? You reward the players that have been loyal and sacrificed for the team by playing with heart and buying in to the bigger picture by leaving money on the table.

It helps create a good work environment and makes Vancouver a place where players want to play. I'm not saying Gillis should hand him a blank cheque, but give him a fair offer, let him know he's appreciated, and go from there.

14s incisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:46 AM
ahmon

Burrows I want to keep for sure, try to get him signed under 4 million. That would be a good deal.

Edler will demand even more money than burrows. He can get 5-6 million.
His potential is an elite dman, but he still lacks consistency, and for some reason lacks confidence.

It would suck to sign him at 5-6 million, basically paid like a top pairing dman, and edler does not develop into that # 1 dman.

I rather pay a true #1 dman 7 mil (one that can produce offensively, qb the pp, and play against team's top lines)

I will explore trading edler, and see what we can bring back.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon View Post
Burrows I want to keep for sure, try to get him signed under 4 million. That would be a good deal.

Edler will demand even more money than burrows. He can get 5-6 million.
His potential is an elite dman, but he still lacks consistency, and for some reason lacks confidence.

It would suck to sign him at 5-6 million, basically paid like a top pairing dman, and edler does not develop into that # 1 dman.

I rather pay a true #1 dman 7 mil (one that can produce offensively, qb the pp, and play against team's top lines)

I will explore trading edler, and see what we can bring back.
In a market where David Jones gets 4 million, I can't possibly imagine Burrows going lower than that, even at a discount.

As for Edler, he's worth 5-6 million. A true #1 d-man doesn't go for 7 million unless you want to give him a gazillion years to lower the cap hit. I bet Weber, under the current CBA, could get 8 million a year if he wanted it.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Oignon Saute

How about a 5 year 3.8mil contract for Burr? Breakdown per year: 5-4-4-3-3 With a No Trade Clause
It's a bit of a discount but he gets a nice 5 off the bat and assurance for his future in Vancouver.

Oignon Saute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:53 PM
GCM
Kesler Did This

you guys are crazy if you think Burrows isn't retiring a Canuck.

The guy is all-class. I wouldn't be surprised if he took another pay cut or a more medium contract.

I think a deal that gives him $3M per until he's 35 would be about what he gets.

From there we'd sign him to good 1 year deals paying him for all those years he took a cut provided we have the extra space lying around.

Similar to how Selanne/Anaheim are doing deals. Selanne took an obvious pay cut and now he's on 1 year deals getting good value on them.

I'm fairly confident that both sides will be very cooperative and a win-win deal will be worked out.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:01 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
you guys are crazy if you think Burrows isn't retiring a Canuck.

The guy is all-class. I wouldn't be surprised if he took another pay cut or a more medium contract.

I think a deal that gives him $3M per until he's 35 would be about what he gets.

From there we'd sign him to good 1 year deals paying him for all those years he took a cut provided we have the extra space lying around.

Similar to how Selanne/Anaheim are doing deals. Selanne took an obvious pay cut and now he's on 1 year deals getting good value on them.

I'm fairly confident that both sides will be very cooperative and a win-win deal will be worked out.
Selanne has also had a garage full of ferarris for like 10 years now.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Selanne has also had a garage full of ferarris for like 10 years now.
He might've had two garages full of those cars had he gone Ya$hin like in terms of contract demands.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote