HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Derek Roy to Anaheim

Old
06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I'd consider it if Roy signed a ~5 year/28 million contract.

That's so much to give up for the 2nd overall pick. I would never make that trade.
cool...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:49 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
roy for the 6th straight up?

Itd be nice to have the 6th,12th and 21st though we'd likely have to move some of those assets to replace roy since we;d then need a 3 and 4 C
With those 3 picks, you think Regier would be able to find some way to move higher in the draft for Galchenyuk. I bet CBJ would move down to 6th for the 12th and maybe a 2nd.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:09 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
With those 3 picks, you think Regier would be able to find some way to move higher in the draft for Galchenyuk. I bet CBJ would move down to 6th for the 12th and maybe a 2nd.
I would think of any team, CBJ needs to get more high end players in every position.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:18 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Roy for 6th

straight up... no need for Buffalo to add picks and definitely not 12th

The reason buffalo does this deal (roy for 6th)... it gives them better ammo to get to #2 for Galchenyuk

6th, 12th, 21st for #2
I'd rather have those 3 picks than the 2nd.

At 6, you can get an impact D like Dumba, Murray, or Reinhart. Heck, there is a shot that Grigorenko is there at 6.

And they can get 2 Cs with upside at 12 & 21.

I love Galchenyuk. But, I think that those 3 picks together are more valuable than just the 2nd overall.

Now if you can go from 6 to 2 by giving up 21 and one of the 2nds or 6 , 21, and a prospect like Adam or Brennan, I'd rather go that route.

But screw it, if we're going to dream, let's figure out how to pull some Brian Burke stuff off and get 1 & 2 and get Yakupov & Galchenyuk!

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:21 AM
clumping platelets

I'd be shocked, even with an extension, that Roy is worth #6 overall

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:24 AM
HiddenInLight

I would definatly do roy for the 6th straight up in a sign and trade type deal...Then immediatly start negotiating with CBJ for the 2nd overall. Try and keep 21, then use 21 and our other second to try and get another center to fill in until Galchenyuk is good to go. Then run 3 scoring lines:

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford
Leino - Galyenchuk - Pommer
Vanek - Hodgeson - Tropp (until we find sombody better suited)
Gerbe - xXx - Kaleta
McCormick

At which point I would be looking to trade leopold for a 3rd/4th line type center, see if we can toss Weber into the deal as well.

Sekera - Myers
Sulzer - Ehrhoff
McNabb - Regehr
Brennan

Miller
Enroth

That is a lineup I can see on multiple cup runs. A nice, super young group of centers that will be here for a long time, along with the better players from the old rochester core in Pommer and Vanek.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:30 AM
clumping platelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
I would definatly do roy for the 6th straight up in a sign and trade type deal...Then immediatly start negotiating with CBJ for the 2nd overall. Try and keep 21, then use 21 and our other second to try and get another center to fill in until Galchenyuk is good to go. Then run 3 scoring lines:

Leino - Galyenchuk - Pommer
Vanek - Hodgeson - Tropp (until we find sombody better suited)
Gerbe - xXx - Kaleta
McCormick

At which point I would be looking to trade leopold for a 3rd/4th line type center, see if we can toss Weber into the deal as well.

Sekera - Myers
Sulzer - Ehrhoff
McNabb - Regehr
Brennan

Miller
Enroth

That is a lineup I can see on multiple cup runs. A nice, super young group of centers that will be here for a long time, along with the better players from the old rochester core in Pommer and Vanek.
We would need a defensive minded 3rd-4th line C........anyone in mind? I say this because Ennis has shown to be a bit fragile

Old
06-14-2012, 06:42 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:01 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
We would need a defensive minded 3rd-4th line C........anyone in mind? I say this because Ennis has shown to be a bit fragile
There will be 1 or two in FA, and if not we have a couple of seconds we can use to trade for one, assuming that we didn't set the offseason market with goose. If we can keep the nashville pick, and go 6 12 41 for 2 or something like that id send 21 for that guy as well, though Id rather use that pick to try and get an upgrade over Tropp.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:07 AM
clumping platelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
There will be 1 or two in FA, and if not we have a couple of seconds we can use to trade for one, assuming that we didn't set the offseason market with goose. If we can keep the nashville pick, and go 6 12 41 for 2 or something like that id send 21 for that guy as well, though Id rather use that pick to try and get an upgrade over Tropp.
I would like to add Bolland somehow

Old
06-14-2012, 08:00 AM
static80

Quote:
What would it take to land Derek Roy in Anaheim? Please note, base his trade value on the assumption he agrees to sign an extension, this is the only way the Ducks trade for him.
Regier would be willing to send you a re-signed Roy, the 12th and 42nd overall picks in this draft for Bobby Ryan and the 36th overall selection.
If it's the 6th overall pick, Buffalo would send you a re-signed Roy, the 12th and 44th pick overall in the draft for the 6th and most likely the 97th overall pick or a salary dump.

Regier would jump on a trade involving Bobby Ryan in a heartbeat. If Ryan is to be moved this off season, which it appears likely they very well may move him and keep their star tandem of Perry and Getzlaf together, rest assured Regier will be on the bidding.

We may have Pominville and Stafford at RW now, but I would suspect adding Bobby Ryan to the Ennis/Foligno line would send that lines production to the moon like a hell-bent rocket ship.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:34 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Regier would be willing to send you a re-signed Roy, the 12th and 42nd overall picks in this draft for Bobby Ryan and the 36th overall selection.
If it's the 6th overall pick, Buffalo would send you a re-signed Roy, the 12th and 44th pick overall in the draft for the 6th and most likely the 97th overall pick or a salary dump.

Regier would jump on a trade involving Bobby Ryan in a heartbeat. If Ryan is to be moved this off season, which it appears likely they very well may move him and keep their star tandem of Perry and Getzlaf together, rest assured Regier will be on the bidding.

We may have Pominville and Stafford at RW now, but I would suspect adding Bobby Ryan to the Ennis/Foligno line would send that lines production to the moon like a hell-bent rocket ship.
We can't trade them a re-signed Roy. He can't be re-signed until after July 1st, which is obviously after the draft.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Just reading some of these post I've come to the conclusion that some of you need mental help. some of you guys are stuck in wonderland.

If Roy could have gotten us a top ten pick he would have been gone two years ago. Now that he's in the last year of his deal he might land you a late first rounder at the trade deadline. And that's only if he's playing well.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
clumping platelets

Quote:

I agree with you Cirris

Old
06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirris View Post
Just reading some of these post I've come to the conclusion that some of you need mental help. some of you guys are stuck in wonderland.

If Roy could have gotten us a top ten pick he would have been gone two years ago. Now that he's in the last year of his deal he might land you a late first rounder at the trade deadline. And that's only if he's playing well.
You do realize some of the people talking about Roy for #6 are Anaheim fans?

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
I'd say be prepared to offer Bobby Ryan or the 6th overall
Quote:
Bobby Ryan is not in play, but I'm willing to trade the 6th overall pick.
Ryan may or may not be available but I think it's safe to assume that he'd be at the top of the list of what Regier will ask for as part of the return. Even if Regier privately may accept that Roy needs to be moved, I see Regier still keeping the demanded return for him high.

If Getzlaf is off the table, Ryan would be Regier's next target IMO.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:29 PM
ericnut

I noticed one poster suggested Ryan is likely available. What makes you think this?

The only time Ryan was on the block was when Carlye and him didn't get along.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
You do realize some of the people talking about Roy for #6 are Anaheim fans?
Fans? Plural?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
We can't trade them a re-signed Roy. He can't be re-signed until after July 1st, which is obviously after the draft.
Well then, Roy, the 12th and 21st overall for Ryan.
Is value there? Some, I'm sure.

Old
06-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post

At 6, you can get an impact D like Dumba, Murray, or Reinhart. Heck, there is a shot that Grigorenko is there at 6.

I love Galchenyuk. But, I think that those 3 picks together are more valuable than just the 2nd overall.

Now if you can go from 6 to 2 by giving up 21 and one of the 2nds or 6 , 21, and a prospect like Adam or Brennan, I'd rather go that route.

But screw it, if we're going to dream, let's figure out how to pull some Brian Burke stuff off and get 1 & 2 and get Yakupov & Galchenyuk!
cool so we can draft Keith Ballard and Dan Paille with 12 and 21...

battleships vs row boats my friend.

If you think Galchenyuk is a prototype franchise center... you trade all 3 picks for him, without question

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:24 PM
thomas vanek

to the people saying that Roy (+?) isn't worth a top-10 pick...you are aware that Paul freaking Gaustad netted a first-rounder for 6-ish weeks of service plus playoffs?

thomas vanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Ryan may or may not be available but I think it's safe to assume that he'd be at the top of the list of what Regier will ask for as part of the return. Even if Regier privately may accept that Roy needs to be moved, I see Regier still keeping the demanded return for him high.

If Getzlaf is off the table, Ryan would be Regier's next target IMO.
I feel confident Ryan can be had, but it would be one hell of a payment.
At the very least, it wouldn't be the massive over payment required at a trade deadline.
That alone has me praying Buffalo has started or shortly will start discussions with Anaheim.
If Regier doesn't, at the very least, attempt it, he's an idiot in my most humble opinion.

This team needs finishers, not just in the playoffs, a la Briere, but regular season as well. And Bobby Ryan would go a long way toward that end in my opinion.

Old
06-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post

I disagree. If Anaheim was offering up 6 for Roy, I'd add to make sure the deal was done. Adam, Brennan, 42 or 44. Just to position the team at 6.

Then jump from 6 to 2 using the 12, 21, and whichever of the 42/44 didn't go to Anaheim.

Then draft the center of choice, assuming Yakupov goes first.

Getting into the top five to take a potential franchise center is the way to do it. Waiting until they develop doesn't work often or well. How much is Staal going to cost?

At baseline, Buffalo is trading four draft choices (12, 21, 42, 44), Roy (an impending UFA) and a prospect for a potential franchise center. I don't think Pittsburgh, or any team with a 1C, would take a deal of futures like that. Price for a 1C is the lowest it gets at the draft.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Roy for 6th

straight up... no need for Buffalo to add picks and definitely not 12th

The reason buffalo does this deal (roy for 6th)... it gives them better ammo to get to #2 for Galchenyuk

6th, 12th, 21st for #2
Best thing about this line of thinking is that it doesn't preclude the team from going after Staal.

1. Do the draft shell game and come out with Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg.
2. Trade Pominville and Adam for Staal and Kennedy

Leino - Staal - Kennedy
Vanek - Hodgson - Tropp
Gerbe - UFA - Kaleta

Sekera - Myers
Ehrhoff - Sulzer
Regehr - Leopold
Weber

Miller
Enroth

With a franchise center, McNabb, Armia, Pysyk, Brennan, and JGL in the pipeline.

-The franchise center becomes insurance if Ennis or Hodgson don't develop. Or, just increases trade possibilities.
-Armia eventually replaces Kennedy or Tropp
-McNabb, Pysyk, Brennan, JGL via for the spots left when Regehr and Sulzer are UFA, and if Weber is traded.

I'll take that going forward.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
cool so we can draft Keith Ballard and Dan Paille with 12 and 21...
Or you could draft Tyler Myers (#12) and Tuukka Rask (#21) over Dave Chyzowski (#2) And even still, Paille and Ballard are solid NHLers, so in all honesty we shouldn't be too upset if we get players of that caliber, it's much better then getting complete duds.

There are going to be busts at #2 just like there will be at #12 and #21.Sure, a #2 pick has a higher chance of becoming an impact NHL player but there are great players to be had all throughout the first round.Looking back at our draft history, every time we have had 2 or more 1st round picks we have come out with some great drafts, so I am all for holding on to these 2 1st round picks...Hell, let's see if we can get a pick in the #25-30 range for 42 and 44!

But on the flip side, I could see why some people would also take the risk to acquire a franchise player.That is what makes the NHL draft such an exciting event, is the mystery of what is going on behind the scenes!

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote