Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moncton Wildcats

Old
06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I really don't know why Nevin and co. were fired. I doubt we will ever know. But yeah, those are some strange comparisons for Gagne, not only two completely different players, but they like you said, Bissonette is more of a playmaker. I think what they were trying to do is compare him to a former Wildcat with Bernier. I personally see him like a little bit less physical Rick Nash, the same guy who he compares himself too. The guy also has lots of room to grow at barely 160 pounds if that is correct measurements. Very excited to see if Flynn will keep him for the year. Playing Espoir this year a year of AAA would definetly benefit him, but it would not shock me to see him in the line-up. Would you like me to try some comparisons for other Wildcats draftees? I seem to have gotten lots of time on my hands lately...
I think its almost a gurantee Gagne play AAA this next season. Flynn has mentioned this years draft is for the future. Doubt we see any draftees making the team this season. IMO, Tanner MacCabe is the most ready player the Wildcats drafted if you disregard the American kids. And with a surplus on D , he too will even me sent back. Plus theres 16-17 potential returnees all together plus Dubeau, Veilleux and Racine from Shawinigan. Plus the likes of Sweeney , Labbe ,Centis Jorge , Pitre and they signed Hodge last week. Plus you can count on a few FAs invited to camp , so theres very few , if not any spots available. Absolutely , if youd like to . I really enjoy all your posts and info. I dont know a whole bunch about many kids, espcially the Quebec draftees. I venture to watch some local Maritime kids but dont see much ,if any, of the Quebec AAA and Espoir ..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Here goes.

Gagne- Like I said, a less physical Rick Nash.
McCabe- I see McCabe as a cross between Weber and Phaneuf.*
Pugsley- A bit like Brad Marchand, but not as much physical impact.
Johnson- Even though he is a bit taller, Johnson's playmaking skills and speed remind me a lot of St. Louis when he first broke into the NHL. Lots of people didn't like this pick but I have seen Johnson lots, and really like him.
Hynes- Like Nevin said, he is a lot like Zack Phillips, but an NHL comparison would be something similar to a Pat Sharp.
Mann- Mann I think is somewhat like Cody Franson. Obviously not as big, but his simple two-way game compares well to Franson's.
Beaudoin- I haven't seen much of Beaudoin but I would compare him to a guy like Derek Roy. Not physical, but very smart and skilled.
Proulx- I honestly have never seen Proulx play before, but the guy has great size.
Garland- Garland is like Mike Cammalleri, very skilled and a natural goal scorer but of course, undersized
Gray- The only games I seen Gray play he was quiet. Didn't stand out, but didn't make any mistakes. So from that, I know it's a pretty weird comparison, but I see him like Colin Greening.
Simpson- Simpson is obviously huge but he's very lanky. He is strong but not as strong as your average 6-5 guy. I see him sort-of like a Teddy Purcell.
Florentino- I never actually seen him play either but I hear great things about him.
Zerter- Zerter is another guy who I have never seen, but I heard he has a great set of hands and can put up a decent amount of points.
Stavert- Stavert reminds me a bit of Dustin Penner. Throws the odd hit, can chip in well offensively, but is a bit lazy. Stavert's skating is a bit awkward to, but he moves well.
Provencher- Chara. Self explanatory

Sorry if these comparisons seem a little off, but I tried my best, and I haven't seen most of these players since the winter. If anyone else would like to give it a try, go ahead. And if anyone from another team wants me to give their team a try, let me know.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:50 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Thanks alot for all the info. Seem to look right to what I know. Like I said before the only players I seen out of th picks were the local guys. Seen quite a bit of Simpson and liked that pick. I can see him being an affiliate player next season.Hoepfully he fills out more before training camp. Other than that saw a bit of Pugsley. I liked his skating and work ethic. He dosnt shy away from the battles along the boards or corners. Shows a little bit of grit as well. Kinda reminds me of Chris Morehouse with better hands and that can put up better numbers. Watched Gray but I cant see him contributing at this level. He was OK but that was it. His all around game is alright but nothing too impressive ,imo. And last but not least , MaCabe. Really liked this pick. Lots of people have tons to say about this kid and nothing negative. I think he is the most ready player the Cats drafted ,aside from the Americans cause I dont know about them. Unfortunately the Wildcats have a surplus of D otherwise I believe he could have made it out of camp. Reminds me a bit of the Downe story. Was ready at 16 however, in 09-10 we had a strong team and back end so Danny Flynn opted to send him back an extra year knowing he was ready. So he jumped in the next season and has been improviong ever since. His play reminds me Matt Boyle , obviously with more talent and potential.Has a much better shot. I believe hes going to get another year of seasoning then jump in , in 2013-2014. Hes a stay at home , physical dman who will drop the gloves if needed. At 6 foot 1 205lbs at 16 years old , I have a real good feeling about this guy.. Think he is going to be a solid #4..

Old
06-13-2012, 08:20 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Thanks alot for all the info. Seem to look right to what I know. Like I said before the only players I seen out of th picks were the local guys. Seen quite a bit of Simpson and liked that pick. I can see him being an affiliate player next season.Hoepfully he fills out more before training camp. Other than that saw a bit of Pugsley. I liked his skating and work ethic. He dosnt shy away from the battles along the boards or corners. Shows a little bit of grit as well. Kinda reminds me of Chris Morehouse with better hands and that can put up better numbers. Watched Gray but I cant see him contributing at this level. He was OK but that was it. His all around game is alright but nothing too impressive ,imo. And last but not least , MaCabe. Really liked this pick. Lots of people have tons to say about this kid and nothing negative. I think he is the most ready player the Cats drafted ,aside from the Americans cause I dont know about them. Unfortunately the Wildcats have a surplus of D otherwise I believe he could have made it out of camp. Reminds me a bit of the Downe story. Was ready at 16 however, in 09-10 we had a strong team and back end so Danny Flynn opted to send him back an extra year knowing he was ready. So he jumped in the next season and has been improviong ever since. His play reminds me Matt Boyle , obviously with more talent and potential.Has a much better shot. I believe hes going to get another year of seasoning then jump in , in 2013-2014. Hes a stay at home , physical dman who will drop the gloves if needed. At 6 foot 1 205lbs at 16 years old , I have a real good feeling about this guy.. Think he is going to be a solid #4..
The prospects I think Moncton fans will like who were drafted a bit later are Simpson, Stavert, and of course the two Americans. I think both Simpson and Stavert will play on the top three lines within the next 2-3 years. Obviously getting Florentino to report would be HUGE as he is one of the best D in all of US hockey for his age group. Garland, even though he is tiny, the kid has a ton of skill that cannot be overlooked because of his size. A lot of top Q scorers are actually under 5'10". If he reports Moncton fans will love him.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:26 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
The prospects I think Moncton fans will like who were drafted a bit later are Simpson, Stavert, and of course the two Americans. I think both Simpson and Stavert will play on the top three lines within the next 2-3 years. Obviously getting Florentino to report would be HUGE as he is one of the best D in all of US hockey for his age group. Garland, even though he is tiny, the kid has a ton of skill that cannot be overlooked because of his size. A lot of top Q scorers are actually under 5'10". If he reports Moncton fans will love him.
Obviously I would be happy if either reported. Moncton needs scoring so Garland would be my favourite to come this year if I had to pick one. That Florentino is expected to be a second rounder in the NHL draft , I didnt realize how much of an impact player he could be when we drafted him.. Only time will tell I guess..

Old
06-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Q7scout

Quote:
Here goes.

Gagne- Like I said, a less physical Rick Nash.
McCabe- I see McCabe as a cross between Weber and Phaneuf.*
Pugsley- A bit like Brad Marchand, but not as much physical impact.
Johnson- Even though he is a bit taller, Johnson's playmaking skills and speed remind me a lot of St. Louis when he first broke into the NHL. Lots of people didn't like this pick but I have seen Johnson lots, and really like him.
Hynes- Like Nevin said, he is a lot like Zack Phillips, but an NHL comparison would be something similar to a Pat Sharp.
Mann- Mann I think is somewhat like Cody Franson. Obviously not as big, but his simple two-way game compares well to Franson's.
Beaudoin- I haven't seen much of Beaudoin but I would compare him to a guy like Derek Roy. Not physical, but very smart and skilled.
Proulx- I honestly have never seen Proulx play before, but the guy has great size.
Garland- Garland is like Mike Cammalleri, very skilled and a natural goal scorer but of course, undersized
Gray- The only games I seen Gray play he was quiet. Didn't stand out, but didn't make any mistakes. So from that, I know it's a pretty weird comparison, but I see him like Colin Greening.
Simpson- Simpson is obviously huge but he's very lanky. He is strong but not as strong as your average 6-5 guy. I see him sort-of like a Teddy Purcell.
Florentino- I never actually seen him play either but I hear great things about him.
Zerter- Zerter is another guy who I have never seen, but I heard he has a great set of hands and can put up a decent amount of points.
Stavert- Stavert reminds me a bit of Dustin Penner. Throws the odd hit, can chip in well offensively, but is a bit lazy. Stavert's skating is a bit awkward to, but he moves well.
Provencher- Chara. Self explanatory

Sorry if these comparisons seem a little off, but I tried my best, and I haven't seen most of these players since the winter. If anyone else would like to give it a try, go ahead. And if anyone from another team wants me to give their team a try, let me know.
I like this...love to hear your thought on other maritime teams draftees if you have the time

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
I like this...love to hear your thought on other maritime teams draftees if you have the time
Is there a team in particular you'd like me to do first. Im gonna be honest I am not great at comparisons with goalies and at looking at goalies... And I have only seen most of the Quebec players once or twice but I will try my best.. So what team would you like me to do first?

Old
06-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Dogpound

Quote:
I have to disagree with Mcabe being the most ready to play in the Q. He is a big body but still has slow feet and had a tough time keeping up at times when he faced guys with speed. I saw him play about 8 times this year and he definiitely has a very big upside and lots of potential and toughness but definitely think he needs another year in midget aaa to get some icetime and be a go to guy on the point.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersboss View Post
I have to disagree with Mcabe being the most ready to play in the Q. He is a big body but still has slow feet and had a tough time keeping up at times when he faced guys with speed. I saw him play about 8 times this year and he definiitely has a very big upside and lots of potential and toughness but definitely think he needs another year in midget aaa to get some icetime and be a go to guy on the point.
I personally don't think he has slow feet. He is a great skater, but as of right now IMO the only thing that would hold him back from playing next year would be a year of Jr A or AAA to work on his offense (stickhandling, accuracy, etc), and his decision making. He, like Nickerson from Sherbrooke, IMO wont benefit from another year of AAA though. For those two guys, the place that would be best for them if not playing in the Q would of course be Jr A. Both guys sometimes look like they are trying to do too much in Midget. That makes both guys decision making look a little off and trying to play offensively when I feel both guys are shutdown/defensive D, and with both of those guys mix of size, speed and strength they definetly could play Jr A. (Now that I think about it, what a shutdown pair would thos two be for Team Atlantic), But anyways, back on topic, who do you think is the most ready to play? I personally feel it was their first pick, Gagne or even one of the later round pick Stavert and Simpson. McCabe is more ready than Stavert or Simpson, but I think those two guys could definetly play on a rebuilding team next year. Obviously Moncton isn't rebuilding right now.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:30 PM
PG

Quote:
I personally don't think he has slow feet. He is a great skater, but as of right now IMO the only thing that would hold him back from playing next year would be a year of Jr A or AAA to work on his offense (stickhandling, accuracy, etc), and his decision making. He, like Nickerson from Sherbrooke, IMO wont benefit from another year of AAA though. For those two guys, the place that would be best for them if not playing in the Q would of course be Jr A. Both guys sometimes look like they are trying to do too much in Midget. That makes both guys decision making look a little off and trying to play offensively when I feel both guys are shutdown/defensive D, and with both of those guys mix of size, speed and strength they definetly could play Jr A. (Now that I think about it, what a shutdown pair would thos two be for Team Atlantic), But anyways, back on topic, who do you think is the most ready to play? I personally feel it was their first pick, Gagne or even one of the later round pick Stavert and Simpson. McCabe is more ready than Stavert or Simpson, but I think those two guys could definetly play on a rebuilding team next year. Obviously Moncton isn't rebuilding right now.
IMO - having watched a lot of Atlantic AAA this past year - Simpson and McCabe are in no way ready for the speed of major junior...Not seen Thomas Stavert since last summer so hard to say

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:50 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
IMO - having watched a lot of Atlantic AAA this past year - Simpson and McCabe are in no way ready for the speed of major junior...Not seen Thomas Stavert since last summer so hard to say
I know where you're coming from but I think both of those guys are slightly above average skaters in AAA, and size is something you certainly can't teach. Footwork is. For example look at Johnston last year or even Felix Jarry from Cape. Both guys were actually worse skaters than Simpson or McCabe in midget, and I thought both guys made an impact in the Q this year. Heck, I would even say Johnston has earned himself an NHL tryout or camp invite if he doesn't get drafted

Old
06-14-2012, 03:55 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
No one is saying there ready to play in the QMJHL, I stated he looked to be the closest ready.. Obviously Moncton drafted for the future in this draft because theyre planning to contend. Im not disagreeing, they will both be back in AAA. However if Moncton was rebuilding this season and didnt have a surplus on D, I could have seen him sticking. Hes real close to making the jump ,IMO..

Old
06-14-2012, 03:57 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Since you disagree that he wasnt the most ready of Monctons draft choices ,excluding the American kids, who in your opinion is most ready .. Gagne

Old
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

The Moncton Wildcats added 2 local FAs. Forward Thomas Mansbrige who played last season with the Moncton AAA Flyers and goaltender Grady Grant who played for Cornwall MAAA.. I seen quite a bit of Mansbridge but does any have any info on Grant..

Old
06-14-2012, 06:36 PM
PG

Quote:
Since you disagree that he wasnt the most ready of Monctons draft choices ,excluding the American kids, who in your opinion is most ready .. Gagne
IMO - don't see any of the 96's playing this year....Johnson may have the best chance in the 13/14 spot as a forward as he has the intensity to match the league....will need to build a bit of mass...

As far as the other Quebec league players, I have not seen them play

Old
06-14-2012, 06:40 PM
PG

Quote:
The Moncton Wildcats added 2 local FAs. Forward Thomas Mansbrige who played last season with the Moncton AAA Flyers and goaltender Grady Grant who played for Cornwall MAAA.. I seen quite a bit of Mansbridge but does any have any info on Grant..
Grant was solid on a team that allowed alot of quality chances - has a chance to develop into a good prospect - Mansbridge earned a point a game with limited ice as a rookie behind a veteran cast in Moncton

Old
06-14-2012, 07:30 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Do you think hes ready to battle for the backup role this season or does he need another year..

Old
06-14-2012, 07:53 PM
PG

Quote:
Do you think hes ready to battle for the backup role this season or does he need another year..
Good question....they all develop at a different rate....would probably benefit from seeing lots of rubber at 17

Old
06-14-2012, 08:28 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Personally, I honestly don't feel Grady will ever be a starter in the Q. He probably could be a back-up on a team that isn't that strong in nets after there starter. (Moncton). But I don't think he's ready this year. Could definetly be a solid back-up in this league in the near future though.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Q7scout

Quote:
Is there a team in particular you'd like me to do first. Im gonna be honest I am not great at comparisons with goalies and at looking at goalies... And I have only seen most of the Quebec players once or twice but I will try my best.. So what team would you like me to do first?
PEI, SJ, and Bathurst are who I would most like to see your opinion on.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
Grant was solid on a team that allowed alot of quality chances - has a chance to develop into a good prospect - Mansbridge earned a point a game with limited ice as a rookie behind a veteran cast in Moncton
Mansbridge had tonnes of icetime with the Flyers this year. He played every PP and regular shift on the second line pretty much all year. He is a bit lazy and lacks intensity but if he could find some energy he might be alright. Good shot and good speed..

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:00 AM
PG

Quote:
Mansbridge had tonnes of icetime with the Flyers this year. He played every PP and regular shift on the second line pretty much all year. He is a bit lazy and lacks intensity but if he could find some energy he might be alright. Good shot and good speed..
Not to split hairs, but veteran second line was Bradley, LeBlanc, Johnson

Old
06-15-2012, 01:00 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
I know where you're coming from but I think both of those guys are slightly above average skaters in AAA, and size is something you certainly can't teach. Footwork is. For example look at Johnston last year or even Felix Jarry from Cape. Both guys were actually worse skaters than Simpson or McCabe in midget, and I thought both guys made an impact in the Q this year. Heck, I would even say Johnston has earned himself an NHL tryout or camp invite if he doesn't get drafted

Above average skaters in midget AAA????? They are absolutely not above average skaters, and i'm willing to bet, even the players in question would tell you that!! A year Jr.A, or a dominant season at MAAA would benefit them. Simpson is ready for Jr.A, McCabe will benefit from either another MAAA or a jr. A season

Last edited by Majik1987: 06-18-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: trolling
ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:08 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
obviously a wildcats fan, WAYYYYY over valuing their own players. Above average skaters in midget AAA????? They are absolutely not above average skaters, and i'm willing to bet, even the players in question would tell you that!! A year Jr.A, or a dominant season at MAAA would benefit them. Simpson is ready for Jr.A, McCabe will benefit from either another MAAA or a jr. A season
We both agree they would benefit from another season in AAA or Jr.A...

Last edited by Majik1987: 06-18-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: qdp and response
Old
06-15-2012, 01:41 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
We both agree they would benefit from another season in AAA or Jr.A...
And no, Im not a Wildcats fan. Actually Im not a fan of any team, I just like to watch tons of hockey whether that be Bantam, Midget, Junior or Pro, I just straight up am in love with the game and WildCatMapleLeaf is interested in hearing about his teams prospects so Im telling him my opinion. And at QScout, I posted Bathurst's on the "Official QMJHL Draft Thread" and I will do PEI next then SJ and then Hali and CB.

Last edited by Majik1987: 06-18-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: qe and flaming