HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

JayBo to Philly or Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2012, 02:49 PM
  #26
Flames1217
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 296
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
we really have no need for another winger. we we need a top 6 centerman, I don't see the Flames asking for any less.
Potentially Couturier, Rights to Carle and a first.

Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:50 PM
  #27
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I don't think even flames fans can gauge this. It's a really hard one to figure out. On one hand his cap hit is probably 2.5 to high for what he does on the ice. But on the other, he is still a top pairing dman on most teams and plays big minutes.

Regardless, this makes no sense for CGY. Unless they are planning on making out like bandits with FA top-4 dmen this year. This isn't a testament to how good Jaybo is, simply that our backend is AHL material without him. The fact that he never gets injured benefits our weak blueline tremendously.
Exactly. We are flush with bottom pairing guys. A couple of them (Brodie and Butler) COULD develop into 2nd pairing types. We actually need to add one more top 4 guy IMO, not subtract one. Unless of course we change our course at the TDL and rebuild.

Double Dion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:51 PM
  #28
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Potentially Couturier, Rights to Carle and a first.
Never would this happen. If we got that for Jaybo, I wouldn't even care how bad our backend looked next year. Couturier sure looks to be a hell of a player. Cannot believe he went 8th(IIRC)?

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:51 PM
  #29
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Potentially Couturier, Rights to Carle and a first.
Dude, just stop. This is Jay Bouwmeester, not Shea Weber. We'd be adding to JBo to get Couturier alone. I doubt they'd do Giordano for Couturier.

Double Dion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:52 PM
  #30
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,350
vCash: 515
Too bad for Philly and Montreal if this is true.

I remember when I thought JayBo was going to be a monster once he got out of Florida, sadly I now completely agree with Michael Peca.


The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:52 PM
  #31
questhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
we really have no need for another winger. we we need a top 6 centerman, I don't see the Flames asking for any less.
What about a deal revolving around

J-Bo and Briere plus Carle rights

add some picks/players or not to make deal happen
it helps both teams

questhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:55 PM
  #32
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,789
vCash: 500
Delete


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 06-14-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: A poorly phrased post; see below.
Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:56 PM
  #33
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
More like Meszaros and a mid-round pick.

Calgary saves salary, the Flyers get a (slight) upgrade.
Calgary would never do that. We have no need to move Jaybo for cap space.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:57 PM
  #34
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,057
vCash: 50
The Caps' tradeable assets for Bouwmeester, IMO, are:

Alexander Semin's UFA rights
Dennis Wideman's UFA rights
Brooks Laich
Matthieu Perreault
Joel Ward
Jeff Schultz
John Erskine
Michal Neuvirth
Cody Eakin
Tomas Kundratek
Minor prospects
#16 overall draft pick
Later draft picks

And a 2.85M LTI bomb in Tom Poti.

Please note that I don't consider all of these to be desirable assets to Calgary.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:00 PM
  #35
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Calgary would never do that. We have no need to move Jaybo for cap space.
You're probably right, but I can't see the Flyers offering up much more than that either.

The consensus on the Flyers board was that Mez for JayBo is a lateral move, considering the difference in salary. I think he's an upgrade, so I'd be willing to add a secondary asset--a 2nd, or a swap of picks or something, but he's not a player I would give up a young, core roster player for at this point.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
  #36
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,795
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Calgary would never do that. We have no need to move Jaybo for cap space.
Won't be getting Couts or Schenn, that's for sure. Not saying CAL should do the Mez + pick for him though.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:03 PM
  #37
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,793
vCash: 50
Gotta take salary back, maybe not Gomez but at least Kaberle.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:03 PM
  #38
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I we would be okay giving you a bunch of crap of your top players too, but it doesn't mean it would happen
If Bo is your top player i can now understand why your team is in such a mess.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:05 PM
  #39
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Potentially Couturier, Rights to Carle and a first.
Couturier is as untouchable to Philly as Baertschi is to us. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by questhockey View Post
What about a deal revolving around

J-Bo and Briere plus Carle rights

add some picks/players or not to make deal happen
it helps both teams
No, I don't think that would work.

Assuming Briere is willing to move his NMC, why would we move a relatively young top pairing defenseman for a 34 year old center that isn't an upgrade on Jokinen? We could keep Olli and Bouwmeester and be better off than this deal. And the rights to Carle don't add in much value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
More like Meszaros and a mid-round pick.

Calgary saves salary, the Flyers get a (slight) upgrade.
why on earth would the Flames do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
The Caps' tradeable assets for Bouwmeester, IMO, are:

Alexander Semin's UFA rights
Dennis Wideman's UFA rights
Brooks Laich
Matthieu Perreault
Joel Ward
Jeff Schultz
John Erskine
Michal Neuvirth
Cody Eakin
Tomas Kundratek
Minor prospects
#16 overall draft pick
Later draft picks

And a 2.85M LTI bomb in Tom Poti.
If the Flames were rebuilding the Caps might be a good trading partner, but they aren't so I just don't see a fit. We would be looking for a top 6 centerman that is an upgrade on Jokinen

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:08 PM
  #40
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Won't be getting Couts or Schenn, that's for sure. Not saying CAL should do the Mez + pick for him though.
Which is why this makes no sense, in terms of philly anyways. The only player (resonably) that I would want from philly is Couterier or Schenn. They are the only players that fill a need if we are going create on hole for another.

Mez+pick is useless to CGY if we give up arguably our best dman.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
  #41
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
If Bo is your top player i can now understand why your team is in such a mess.
Bouwmeester is a top 2 defenseman on almost any team in the NHL. You need to step up your trolling

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:10 PM
  #42
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Which is why this makes no sense, in terms of philly anyways. The only player (resonably) that I would want from philly is Couterier or Schenn. They are the only players that fill a need if we are going create on hole for another.

Mez+pick is useless to CGY if we give up arguably our best dman.
exactly.

I see things like this.

We have Bouwmeester and a chance to retain Jokinen.

So any trade we make for Bouwmeester for needs to be an upgrade on Jokinen at the very least.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
  #43
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Lol. I would too. The trade has to work for the other side as well. I immensely dislike the style of player JBo is. He's worth what we gave up for Cammaleri. That's why we shouldn't trade him unless we have a better option.

The Philly fan who offered JVR and Carle's rights. If Carle was signed I'd do that. Even though we don't need another winger.
I imagine Baertschi is completely off the table, yes?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:12 PM
  #44
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Eller + Kaberle + 2nd


Last edited by IceDaddy: 06-14-2012 at 03:18 PM.
IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:14 PM
  #45
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I imagine Baertschi is completely off the table, yes?
not if Couturier is on the table too. He is the only Flyers player that gets Baertschi in the discussion.

what were you thinking?

Couturier, JVR & Carle's rights for Bouwmeester and Baertschi?

If Carle were signed it would be tempting, but that is creating a gaping hole on a already weak blueline if Carle can't be signed.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:14 PM
  #46
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I imagine Baertschi is completely off the table, yes?
No, I would trade him for Couts. But that's all pur fantasy, Bartschi is not going anywhere after putting up 2ppg in the dub.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:15 PM
  #47
Otto91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I wonder what J-Bo would cost Philly? Maybe something involving JVR and the rights to Carle?


JVR is more then enough for J-Bo

I can see this Happening.....

Otto91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:16 PM
  #48
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Which is why this makes no sense, in terms of philly anyways. The only player (resonably) that I would want from philly is Couterier or Schenn. They are the only players that fill a need if we are going create on hole for another.

Mez+pick is useless to CGY if we give up arguably our best dman.
My sense is that Giordano had surpassed Bouwmeester, no?

My post above didn't come off well. let me try again. On the Flyers board, I originally suggested something like...

Mezsaros
2012 1st (20th)

for

Bouwmeester
2012 2nd

I then realized that Calgary doesn't own their 2nd--and so I deleted the post. Perhaps it would work for Calgary's 3rd, or a future 2nd?

Regardless, the logic is something like this:

Mezsaros is a top-4 defenseman. Bouwmeester is a better defenseman--probably a 2/3. He's also a bit overpaid.

Mezsaros would give the Flames a younger, cheaper replacement for Bouwmeester who is quite capable of playing top-4 minutes; the 1st would give them another decent prospect, or perhaps a chip to move up in the 1st round and grab a blue-chip forward.

The Flyers pick up a player who can take some of the pressure off of Timonen in this, his final year.

I'm not sure I would do it from the Flyers perspective. To move back 20-odd spots in the draft, probably, but the third is stretching it a bit.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:17 PM
  #49
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
not if Couturier is on the table too. He is the only Flyers player that gets Baertschi in the discussion.

what were you thinking?

Couturier, JVR & Carle's rights for Bouwmeester and Baertschi?

If Carle were signed it would be tempting, but that is creating a gaping hole on a already weak blueline if Carle can't be signed.
I was thinking a bigger deal, yeah. JVR, Carle's rights, Philly's 1st, and B. Schenn for Bouwmeester and Baertschi, actually. Couturier and Giroux are the magic hang-up words, but I understand the feeling being the same for Baertschi.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
  #50
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
My sense is that Giordano had surpassed Bouwmeester, no?

My post above didn't come off well. let me try again. On the Flyers board, I originally suggested something like...

Mezsaros
2012 1st (20th)

for

Bouwmeester
2012 2nd

I then realized that Calgary doesn't own their 2nd--and so I deleted the post. Perhaps it would work for Calgary's 3rd, or a future 2nd?

Regardless, the logic is something like this:

Mezsaros is a top-4 defenseman. Bouwmeester is a better defenseman--probably a 2/3. He's also a bit overpaid.

Mezsaros would give the Flames a younger, cheaper replacement for Bouwmeester who is quite capable of playing top-4 minutes; the 1st would give them another decent prospect, or perhaps a chip to move up in the 1st round and grab a blue-chip forward.

The Flyers pick up a player who can take some of the pressure off of Timonen in this, his final year.

I'm not sure I would do it from the Flyers perspective. To move back 20-odd spots in the draft, probably, but the third is stretching it a bit.
on Flames fans that don't understand the defensive side of the game think Giordano has surpassed Bouwmeester.

Bouwmeester is much more steady and puts up similar offensive ES numbers (Bouwmeester doesn't get 1st unit PP time like Giordano), Bouw also has the ability to play much larger minutes without his game declining. Giordano is more physical, a better shot blocker and has a bigger shot, but his game suffers when put against top lines and extra minutes.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.