HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

STH 2/20 renewal offer due 6/15/12... i'll pass

Old
06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Greg1420

vCash: 500
STH 2/20 renewal offer due 6/15/12... i'll pass

I'm still locked in at the same price as 2011-2012 for 2012-2013. But, in 2013-2014 the Lower Sideline Balcony is getting hammered. Maybe it'd be ok if we'd gotten to WCF this year, or maybe not. 33% increase in price. Kiss my ***. Stop giving all the dang tickets away and trying to back charge me for "sell outs".

Really, I'm going to pass and plan to wait management out and renew at or below the current offer late in the 2012-2013 season.

fingers crossed

Greg1420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:00 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Would you notice it if the increase were smaller, but each season?

That's part of what the 2/20 plan does.. it delays that increase until the plan is done. I noticed a moderate change after my first 2/20 expired before last season.

also, with dynamic ticket pricing, you don't want to gamble with that.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:30 PM
predfan98

so what is your 33% increase per ticket? $10 per ticket ...

inflation.... $10 per ticket seems cheap.

i'm with codey..... dynamic ticket pricing is changing the marketplace.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:31 PM
hockey diva

I signed up because I would rather just not have to think about it.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:42 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
When prices come close to some northern team prices then ***** about them hell you guys get off cheap I could only dream of getting tickets at the prices you guys pay.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:12 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
When prices come close to some northern team prices then ***** about them hell you guys get off cheap I could only dream of getting tickets at the prices you guys pay.
once I seen the thread title and you as the last post, I didn't even need to read your post. already knew what it would say.. typical

for someone like me who busts my ass 40+ hours a week and barely making $400 a week, tickets going up are something we dont like and sometimes can't afford. not sure what minimum wage is in canada but its 7.25 here which roughly equals $250 after taxes. regular season lower bowl pushes $100 .. almost a weeks work.. regardless, we are a growing hockey town and we don't need northern elitists constantly reminding us of our shortcomings. this is our board and I steer away from the main boards at times to avoid the posts you constantly bring to the nashville predators forum

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:49 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
once I seen the thread title and you as the last post, I didn't even need to read your post. already knew what it would say.. typical

for someone like me who busts my ass 40+ hours a week and barely making $400 a week, tickets going up are something we dont like and sometimes can't afford. not sure what minimum wage is in canada but its 7.25 here which roughly equals $250 after taxes. regular season lower bowl pushes $100 .. almost a weeks work.. regardless, we are a growing hockey town and we don't need northern elitists constantly reminding us of our shortcomings. this is our board and I steer away from the main boards at times to avoid the posts you constantly bring to the nashville predators forum
10.75 min wage in Canada and a higher income tax rate lower bowl tickets into the 300 dollar range easily. It sucks when ticket prices go up but seriously you guys have got some of the lowest prices in the NHL savor it because there may come a day when your lower bowl seats hit over 300/seat then you will have something to truly complain about.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
randymc2641

Sideline lower balcony had been going up $1 per year so $10 increase is crazy. The people who have been paying less for years on row 4 now come out WAY ahead of those who have paid more. Also, their % discounts don't add up if you go check the early renewal nice and the projected price and do all the math (I have) no category refects the advertised discount o tickets, full, partial, 2/20 or not. I think they are advertising big discounts to get people to think they are getting a deal, but their discounts don't add up. Ultimately I think me and my friends 4 sideline lower tickets and 2 premium lower bowl are going to combing into 3 sideline lower balcony. Prdes loss really

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:21 PM
jlsg

Quote:

In this case dryden is right, we have it pretty nice as far as ticket prices go. Yeah it sucks when they go up but we are still way below the ave.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
predfan98

Quote:

i agree. it's predictable when you see the poster....

isn't our ticket pricing somehow tied into metro and the lease somehow....it seems like 101st has posted something on it from time to time.. something about a league average, I just don't quite remember. (it may be something else completely)

anyway, it seems like they have gone up every year. i don't like it, but it's there.

I hate the dynamic ticket pricing model..... but it seems to be here to stay right now.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:32 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
In this case dryden is right, we have it pretty nice as far as ticket prices go. Yeah it sucks when they go up but we are still way below the ave.
he is right. the point remains we know our shortcomings and we don't need to be reminded.

prices going up suck regardless (gas? lol).. nothing you can do but bite the bullet

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:43 PM
PredsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
This was written in 2011, but still stands. http://seatgeek.com/hockey-nhl-ticket-prices/

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:38 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

I am in 323 row A and renewed yesterday. I love the seats we have, but almost moved to lower mezzanine as those seats will be cheaper in 2013-2014. The $10 increase did shock me a little. For the 13-14 renewal seats on the sideline balcony will be $45 ( up from $35) as opposed to Lower Mezz at $44 ( down from $45 ) or moving back on sideline balcony $30 (up from $28). Lower Sideline Balcony had the biggest % increase in price.

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
This was written in 2011, but still stands. http://seatgeek.com/hockey-nhl-ticket-prices/
So I could got to 5 preds game for the price of 1 jets game?

Thank God I live here.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:01 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
So I could got to 5 preds game for the price of 1 jets game?

Thank God I live here.
That's one of the issues I raised on the Business Board a year ago and got killed for it. The Winnipeg business model is:

It may be a tiny arena, but you're rabid fans who will pay anything so we'll be a healthy team.

It'll no doubt work in the short term, but years down the road, I'm not so sure.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:04 PM
randymc2641

Just looked at the kings prices for 2012-13 and it seems our 3rd level first 2 rows are more expensive than theirs (42.50) something is not right there.

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Jarnberg

I'm passing not because of price but rather I'm voting with my wallet in terms of the direction of this franchise.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

I have not gone to a game in 2 years. I bought my wife a Car and had to give up hockey tickets until the car is paid for consider yorselves lucky to attend games.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:11 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I could really care less. I'm still gonna go and with dynamic pricing, you're stupid for not commiting to some sort of ticket package, if you have they money. Fact is this is my entertainment and my fave thing to do so I won't let a raise in ticket prices affect my decision. Hell gas goes up, still buy it. Milk goes up, still buy it. Fast food has gone way up, still buy it. It's just part of life.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I could really care less. I'm still gonna go and with dynamic pricing, you're stupid for not commiting to some sort of ticket package, if you have they money. Fact is this is my entertainment and my fave thing to do so I won't let a raise in ticket prices affect my decision. Hell gas goes up, still buy it. Milk goes up, still buy it. Fast food has gone way up, still buy it. It's just part of life.
agree totally KY .... I may not like that my prices will go up after next season (I'm locked in for one more); but I will buy them.

Not to argue or "look down" on you, but voting with your wallet because of the team's direction? I'm a hockey fan ... of course I want the Predators to be a top flight team ... but I go for the joy of watching the game, win or lose. And I would have to say the team's direction has been pretty darn good. You could live in Toronto you know ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:30 AM
token grinder

vote with your wallet today, and the team will tank you for your wallet in the future

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:46 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Nobody is forcing you to buy ticket.. the option to drop to a half season is there, or to move up your seats.

Personally, I sit in the last row of 303, the absolute cheapest tickets you can get in the arena. That's what works with my budget. and i'd rather drop to a half than walk away completely if the cost did increase too much.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Legionnaire11

A lot of people say "Well at least we're not Toronto, or Montreal where you can't get a ticket..."

I honestly cannot wait until the day that demand for Preds tickets is so great that they are in that Toronto/Montreal realm of price and scarcity.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
A lot of people say "Well at least we're not Toronto, or Montreal where you can't get a ticket..."

I honestly cannot wait until the day that demand for Preds tickets is so great that they are in that Toronto/Montreal realm of price and scarcity.
I agree ... but my comment on "we could be Toronto" was more to the "direction of the franchise" ... Preds have been in the playoffs ALL BUT ONE YEAR since the lockout.

Maple Leafs? Not so much ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Legionnaire11

well that's another story, no excuse for that team not to be the class of the NHL with their resources. Too much pressure and politics going on with that franchise, I guess that's one of the drawbacks to being in their position. Kind of like the Dallas Cowboys if I had to make a comparison.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote