HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

JayBo to Philly or Montreal

Old
06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
If the Flames were rebuilding the Caps might be a good trading partner, but they aren't so I just don't see a fit. We would be looking for a top 6 centerman that is an upgrade on Jokinen
Fair enough. If it becomes clear that Jokinen isn't coming back, Laich would be a pretty nice replacement

Oh, also forgot Marcus Johansson who is movable, but I'd be reluctant to do so for a defenseman, as we have a slight shortage in our top 6.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:21 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
My sense is that Giordano had surpassed Bouwmeester, no?

My post above didn't come off well. let me try again. On the Flyers board, I originally suggested something like...

Mezsaros
2012 1st (20th)

for

Bouwmeester
2012 2nd

I then realized that Calgary doesn't own their 2nd--and so I deleted the post. Perhaps it would work for Calgary's 3rd, or a future 2nd?

Regardless, the logic is something like this:

Mezsaros is a top-4 defenseman. Bouwmeester is a better defenseman--probably a 2/3. He's also a bit overpaid.

Mezsaros would give the Flames a younger, cheaper replacement for Bouwmeester who is quite capable of playing top-4 minutes; the 1st would give them another decent prospect, or perhaps a chip to move up in the 1st round and grab a blue-chip forward.

The Flyers pick up a player who can take some of the pressure off of Timonen in this, his final year.

I'm not sure I would do it from the Flyers perspective. To move back 20-odd spots in the draft, probably, but the third is stretching it a bit.
It's ok value, but I'm not a Mez fan at all.

Furthermore, Feaster has made it clear they are going win now. He has said a few times in the media that our biggest need is not prospects, but young NHL players who can contribute now.

Which is funny given the fact that those players hold huge value in today's trade scenarios. I don't really understand how he plans to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Like I said, the only 2 players of resonable interest (given Feaster's direction) are Schenn and Couts. But I completly understand why Flyers fans do not want to give those guys up.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I was thinking a bigger deal, yeah. JVR, Carle's rights, Philly's 1st, and B. Schenn for Bouwmeester and Baertschi, actually. Couturier and Giroux are the magic hang-up words, but I understand the feeling being the same for Baertschi.
yeah I couldn't pull the trigger on Baertschi without Couturier, but I get why Couts is not available, he is one of the few guys I would consider moving Baertschi for.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Fair enough. If it becomes clear that Jokinen isn't coming back, Laich would be a pretty nice replacement
Which is curious given the fact that douchelund reported the Flames were quite interested in Laich.

E5^rad^extreme

Old
06-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post

Oh, also forgot Marcus Johansson who is movable, but I'd be reluctant to do so for a defenseman, as we have a slight shortage in our top 6.
I think that's why the Flames and Caps aren't great trading partners, we seem to have similar holes.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Bouwmeester is a top 2 defenseman on almost any team in the NHL. You need to step up your trolling
He's top 2 on almost none of the teams in the NHL, you're the one who's trolling.

If Pronger wasn't injured or Markov having injury issues neither Philly or Montreal would be interested and even if he comes to Montreal I imagine it will be as a 2nd pairing or 3rd pairing guy.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
He's top 2 on almost none of the teams in the NHL, you're the one who's trolling.

If Pronger wasn't injured or Markov having injury issues neither Philly or Montreal would be interested and even if he comes to Montreal I imagine it will be as a 2nd pairing or 3rd pairing guy.
Because Montreal's blueline is just so much better than Calgary's?

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:

you need to stop getting your Bouwmeester information from HF boards

Old
06-14-2012, 03:33 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Quote:

Wait, you're serious.

Bouwmeester is easily a #1/2/3 defenseman on any team. Not sure who you're thinking of though.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Flamesfan102

If the Flames could somehow pry Ryan Suter from Nashville and be able to sign him, than we could move Jay Bo++ to Pittsburgh for J.Staal. This would get the Flames their #1 Center which they desperately need to do this off-season.

Flamesfan102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
SeriousHabs

Habs can't do this, because according to Eklund, we are busy trading for Bobrovsky!

Anyways, adding a $6,7M cap hit would mean salary going back to CGY. There is no way around it, especially with the CBA. Montreal would make sense for Bouw tho, as we probably won't make the playoffs. Bouw doesn't like the playoffs.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Habs can't do this, because according to Eklund, we are busy trading for Bobrovsky!

Anyways, adding a $6,7M cap hit would mean salary going back to CGY. There is no way around it, especially with the CBA. Montreal would make sense for Bouw tho, as we probably won't make the playoffs. Bouw doesn't like the playoffs.
The Flames would have no problem taking salary back, that salary needs to be in the form of a top 6 center.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
If I was Calgary I'd trade everything I could for prospects and picks.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
If I was Calgary I'd trade everything I could for prospects and picks.
that's nice, why do people feel teh need to turn every Flames thread into this crap?

Old
06-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 463
Quote:
it's not happening, the Flames can ill afford to move their only shutdown defenseman, Bouwmeester is as important to the Flames defensive game as Iginla is to their offensive game.
It is happening, Feaster and Weisbrod recognize that Bouwmeester is an uninspired loser. I will bet you anything he will be moved and good riddance!

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
on Flames fans that don't understand the defensive side of the game think Giordano has surpassed Bouwmeester.

Bouwmeester is much more steady and puts up similar offensive ES numbers (Bouwmeester doesn't get 1st unit PP time like Giordano), Bouw also has the ability to play much larger minutes without his game declining. Giordano is more physical, a better shot blocker and has a bigger shot, but his game suffers when put against top lines and extra minutes.
A completely untrue statement. Giordano played against statistically better competition than JBo and had better numbers doing it. The one thing he said that is true is he can't play 27 minutes a night like JBo can. He falls off at the 23-24 minute mark because unlike JBo, he's a max effort player.

Double Dion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:10 PM
whskybarJM

Philly and bouwmeester again, what year am I in?

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Johansson is a really good young centre from the Caps that would interest me in a package. Although I would need to wait if I'm Feaster to see what we have in Cervenka first.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
you need to stop getting your Bouwmeester information from HF boards
People get their information from watching him play and looking at the numbers. They post their opinions based on those observations on this forum. Most people have in fact watched JBo play. They just see things differently than you. Condecension doesn't make your opinions more valid.

Double Dion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Flamesjustwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Johansson is a really good young centre from the Caps that would interest me in a package. Although I would need to wait if I'm Feaster to see what we have in Cervenka first.
Then we need to offer a lot more than Bouwmeester. What is the going rate for a marshmellow soft d man who skates well but sucks at everything else anchored by a $6.8M per year albatross of a contract?

Old
06-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Cephalusc

I would be so happy if the Flames traded away Bouwmeester. I don't care what other Flames fans in this thread say, he is not a "top pairing D". A top 4 D? Yes. But he is not a #1/2 D in this league.

I realize that the Flames would need to bring in another top 4 D to replace him, but that doesn't necessarily need to happen in the same trade.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:15 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
Then we need to offer a lot more than Bouwmeester. What is the going rate for a marshmellow soft d man who skates well but sucks at everything else anchored by a $6.8M per year albatross of a contract?
2 years left does not equate to albatross.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
Disagree.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Would Calgary trade JayBo for Clutterbuck+ ?

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Flamesjustwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
2 years left does not equate to albatross.
It does when you are paying that kind of money for a guy who does not produce and struggles mightly when the pressure is on. You look at his stats every year for the month of March on, he gets worse than the mediocre play he already produces. Where is the attraction in getting a d man who can play almost 30 minutes a night because he is disengaged and soft? I hope we can dump him though because the Flames are never going anywhere with him on board. Just not sure why anybody would trade for him unless they were trying to get to the cap floor.