HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobrovsky to the Habs for Budaj

Old
06-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
Exactly. I normally disregard what he says...unless it is Philly related. He does seem to have contacts in that organization.

I would assume they would be pieces in a bigger deal, as a straight swap seems horribly biased towards MTL. Maybe Weber + Budaj for Bob?
Flyers could have Weber but I think they would have to add a late pick, like a 3rd or 4th

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:04 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
No way Habs management is going to this, unless they plan on shipping out Bob in another team.

Everyone can agree that Bob's value is a lot higher than Budaj's, but Habs management have corrected an early mistake of not giving Price a vet backup, and since correcting that, Price has had his best years. And while he has been around a little while, Price is still only 24, who can easily play 65-70 games, plus Budaj did a good job last year in the few starts he had.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:20 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Regarding Eklund threads;

If you don't like Eklund -- DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD. All of the moderators are getting tired of every other response being "LOL Eklund" or "Welp, that means he's not going to []". We get it. There's a reason we have prefixes to denote each thread. He's an accepted source here. If you disagree, PM an administrator or team leader. Don't post it in any Eklund thread you can locate.
From the rules' thread ^

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
ORYX

The only sense this makes to me would be Montreal looking for a youngish goalie who will help push Price.

Does he not get a bit complacent at times? Bobrovsky is VERY motivated to be a number 1, and works very very hard in practice. Perhaps this would be a motivating factor from the habs. Thats not to say the intention is to have a goalie out preform Price, but to push him to be even better, by actually competing for the job.

Just a thought.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:37 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Flyers could have Weber but I think they would have to add a late pick, like a 3rd or 4th
In what world is a 3rd rounder a "late pick?" You do realize there are 7 rounds in the draft, right?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:53 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Weird but then again it's Eklund. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind it but I'm leaning towards Budaj because of experience. Bob.. I'm not sure. He may have more value down the line but he can also bolt if the media craps on him.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
What i'm saying if you had bother to read the whole thread there is no reason for us to throw out an extra 600 thousand + assets as you suggest for Bob to warm our bench.Understand NOW.
The way Eklund stated it, I read it as Budaj for Bobs straight up. That's what I meant when I said why would Philly do this.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:51 PM
alpine4life

the worst one here, is that it not even a bad proposal for Eklund

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:27 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
The way Eklund stated it, I read it as Budaj for Bobs straight up. That's what I meant when I said why would Philly do this.
I agree that Philly would be stupid to make that trade.I also said that it would be a waste of an asset if we traded Bud + for Bob because either one is good enough to sit on the bench.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote