HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Offseason Thread 2012 II: Offseason Harder

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
radulov's right could be packaged with weber.. a throw in but if it works out... him with giroux .. woah!! id take them over malkin/neal

if you guys want to keep couturier, then voracek would need to come back. as well as a center..

voracek, schenn , meszaros, 2012 1st round pick

for weber, radulov's rights, 3 round pick
No.

We don't need picks. We don't need (or want...who does now) Radulov.

Weber is a one year guy now...I'm not giving up 2 young core players for a rental. IF there is permission to talk and work out the extension...maaaybe...voracek/jvr Mez and a 1st for just weber.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
No.

We don't need picks. We don't need (or want...who does now) Radulov.

Weber is a one year guy now...I'm not giving up 2 young core players for a rental. IF there is permission to talk and work out the extension...maaaybe...voracek/jvr Mez and a 1st for just weber.
i get where you are coming from but obviously voracek and a 1st wouldn't do it. where is the pick? around 24th overall?

weber is a RFA so a deal would have to be worked out anyways this offseason. i guess thats just a risk yall would have to take if weber was acquired.

whats pronger's status?

Old
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Psuhockey

Instead of gutting the team for one elite player, I would rather go young instead. Great defensemen are seldom traded in their prime at least not for anything less than a drastic over payment. However you can get great defensemen before they hit the NHL at a bargain, like Zhidnik for Coburn. Instead of trading JVR plus for Entrom or Weber, why not just JVR for Gormley plus a draft pick or Dumoulin plus a pick. It is true these guys haven't established themselves yet but the Flyers have a decent top four as is. Adding some young talent will help now and in the future. Look how quickly Letang, Carlson, Doughty, and Piertangelo made an impact at the NHL level. Sign Jackman and par him with a young puck mover.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
i get where you are coming from but obviously voracek and a 1st wouldn't do it. where is the pick? around 24th overall?

weber is a RFA so a deal would have to be worked out anyways this offseason. i guess thats just a risk yall would have to take if weber was acquired.

whats pronger's status?
Our 1st is at 20 this year. Pronger is a no go. Not because we won't trade him, but because he likely will never play again.

06-14-2012, 04:42 PM
NoNecksCurse

oops missed meszaros in there.

i think voracek, meszaros, and a 1st gets poile's attention but knowing his history, i think the deal has to be sweeten a bit.

and if holmgren sweetened it with schenn, NSH would add the pick and radulov's rights. i get the feelings on radulov but if he works out, giroux is the only forward more talented than him offensively

Old
06-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

I doubt Philly has a shred of interest in Radulov. We just tried Zherdev, it went pretty badly. Radulov seems extremely Zherdevy.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:44 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm not buying anything these two guys (also ***************) until someone sheds some light as to who they are. Until then I'm going to assume it is just some kid spreading rumors.
Oh I understand, I'm just reposting them for fun and it interests me.

Apparently the story that Panatch posted today about Suter not wanting to come east, Mike had tweeted in May. So he apparently has some contacts. Now he's chirping that Panatch stole his story.

Old
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Our 1st is at 20 this year. Pronger is a no go. Not because we won't trade him, but because he likely will never play again.
thats a bummer.. with pronger out and timonen possibly nearing the end, weber sure would look good on a top pairing in philly. wouldn't be surprised to see him become the face of the NHL as far as defenseman go

Old
achdumeingute

Quote:

i think voracek, meszaros, and a 1st gets poile's attention but knowing his history, i think the deal has to be sweeten a bit.

and if holmgren sweetened it with schenn, NSH would add the pick and radulov's rights. i get the feelings on radulov but if he works out, giroux is the only forward more talented than him offensively
Schenn is more than a sweetener, he's like a thousand lbs of sugar (in this deal).

Read/Simmonds is a sweetener (in the current deal) and that's pretty high even. We would need a pick or something else back.

Last edited by achdumeingute: 06-14-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old
06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Schenn is more than a sweetener, he's like a thousand lbs of sugar.

Read is a sweetener.
lol.. im actually gonna have to agree.. schenn is more than a sweetner

Old
06-14-2012, 04:51 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:

And also, I think you will have a hard time getting more than 3 things back (high prospect, midlevel nhler, anf a pick) because of his pending UFA status.
I'd be irate if we gave up JVR/Vora and Schenn...that's a fierce overpay.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:56 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
We better not trade for Weber unless he is signed to a long term contract or has a deal in place. Well be giving up a lot for him and him leaving in one year would destroy our future.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:58 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What would you guys say about this?

To Nashville:
James vanRiemsdyk
Brayden Schenn
Andrej Meszaros
1st in 2012

To Philadelphia
Shea Weber
If the Flyers are giving up four big assets like that, then I'd like to see more than just Weber in return. At the very least, I'd demand that at least one of Colin Wilson/Austin Watson/Ryan Ellis/Jon Blum is included as well. That's quite a package that Nashville is getting for a restricted free agent who could be poached rather quickly.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:01 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Do not want Radulov or his rights. If you're pawning them to us, we'll give you Garret Klotz.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
06-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Prongo
Beer

All I know is that all this talk about Weber and the Flyers is going to make me extremely disappointed when we don't get him

Old
06-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Do not want Radulov or his rights. If you're pawning them to us, we'll give you Garret Klotz.
That should be our Offseason slogan. "Philadelphia Flyers: We'll give you the Klotz."

Old
06-14-2012, 05:31 PM
flyershockey

I can not for the life of me think up a reason why Suter would outright decline any offers from Eastern Conference teams. Think about it, the extra attention alone would have to make you consider signing with a team like Philadelphia, New York, or Boston. For a guy that's been living in the shadow of Shea Weber his entire career, you would think he would jump all over the opportunity to be the man in a major market (not saying he wouldn't be in the spotlight in Detroit, but he would be even more marketable in the East). Anyone think this has do with the East being an absolute terror to play in if you're a defenseman? You certainly don't have to face Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Giroux, or Stamkos in the West.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:31 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
That should be our Offseason slogan. "Philadelphia Flyers: We'll give you the Klotz."
LMAO. That's awesome.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:32 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I can not for the life of me think up a reason why Suter would outright decline any offers from Eastern Conference teams. Think about it, the extra attention alone would have to make you consider signing with a team like Philadelphia, New York, or Boston. For a guy that's been living in the shadow of Shea Weber his entire career, you would think he would jump all over the opportunity to be the man in a major market (not saying he wouldn't be in the spotlight in Detroit, but he would be even more marketable in the East). Anyone think this has do with the East being an absolute terror to play in if you're a defenseman? You certainly don't have to face Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Giroux, or Stamkos in the West.
Some people just don't like the attention. Suter seems like a laid back person, concerned about his family and keeping them out of the spotlight.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:34 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Why would Dan Hamhuis not want to sign here or in Pit? Guys have their reasons.
I'm thinking Suter will just resign in Nsh after getting the market rate.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Hope no one was using permanent marker when they put Suter into next year's lineup.

As to why he doesn't want to play here, or anywhere in the east, who knows? I don't think it has to do with pressure, the Flyers are actually seen around the league as a team where they go for a good fan base and LESS pressure. I guess that happens when certain teams in Canada has their fans lining up to throw money at any good free agent. I'm not sure where exactly he's from, I know he was born in Wisconsin, but I'm assuming 'home' is somewhere in the west.

By the way, forget about Weber. Nashville isn't going to lose Suter and trade Weber in the same off-season.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:03 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
By the way, forget about Weber. Nashville isn't going to lose Suter and trade Weber in the same off-season.
This.

Not to mention the absurdity of some of the posts on the trade forum.

Start with Couturier and Coburn? **** no.

Can we please just sign a UFA and re-sign Carle? Next year there's an even greater plethora of unrestricted defensemen to go after with even more cap space in our pocket without losing any valuable assets for no reason. Meanwhile we let our core develop.

Let's just stand pat. We added Grossmann. Add another defenseman and a defensive forward like Gaustad. Or hell, just Gaustad.

Hartnell - Giroux - Briere
vanRiemsdyk - Schenn - Voracek
Simmonds - Couturier - Read
Talbot - Gaustad - Wellwood
Rinaldo

Timonen - Bourdon
Coburn - Grossmann
Meszaros - Carle
Gustafsson

Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky

Old
06-14-2012, 07:20 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This.

Can we please just sign a UFA and re-sign Carle? Next year there's an even greater plethora of unrestricted defensemen to go after with even more cap space in our pocket without losing any valuable assets for no reason. Meanwhile we let our core develop.

Let's just stand pat. We added Grossmann. Add another defenseman and a defensive forward like Gaustad. Or hell, just Gaustad.

Rinaldo

Timonen - Bourdon
Coburn - Grossmann
Meszaros - Carle
Gustafsson

Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky
Not winning a cup with that d-core. Also you forgot the fact that Jagr apparently ALREADY has terms to a deal done.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:22 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
This.

Rinaldo

Timonen - Bourdon
Coburn - Grossmann
Meszaros - Carle
Gustafsson

Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky
You also forgot Nash

Old
06-14-2012, 07:44 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
This.

Rinaldo

Timonen - Bourdon
Coburn - Grossmann
Meszaros - Carle
Gustafsson

Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky

That d core wasnt nearly good enough to get past the 2nd round last season. It's not going to be good enough next season, unless timonen reverse ages and pronger gets de-concussed.

It's just NOT good enough. It's pretty plain and simple. They need a significant upgrade in one of those defensive spots if there's going to be any sort of progress, or else it's going to be more of the same thing next season. Sure Meszaros was hurt most of the second half but he was a non factor in the first half.

I don't know how you could believe staying pat at defense to be a good idea.

Closed Thread