HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers @ Rangers, 2006-04-04, 7:00PM, OLN

Old
04-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC
He's clearly injured, and likely in a considerable amount of pain. Probably has a bag of ice the size of a beanbag chair on his knee right now.
Didn't you say the same thing about Rathje?

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:15 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11
Are you guys clearly better, when we have been sitting on top of the Atlantic for 90% of the year?
can't argue the stats and standings, but how many injuries have you had, cuz we haven't had that many...just a few to some minor players here and there

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:16 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Didn't you say the same thing about Rathje?
Yes. A week later it was announced he has a tear in his hip.

Have you a point?

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I thought Toronto won 7-0 on Saturday....
they did and i beleive that hecht was out for that game. he just got back last night and they won but he got hurt again...out for two weeks so buffalo will be a sleeping giant going into the playoffs.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Are you guys clearly better, when we have been sitting on top of the Atlantic for 90% of the year?

Have you lost 350 mangames to injury? Nah, didn't think so. Go back to the Rangers forum please.

swflyers8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC
Yes. A week later it was announced he has a tear in his hip.

Have you a point?
Nope, just taking numbers.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:20 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
first off you havnt been on top 90 % of the year. More like 60-55% just after we started slumping a few months ago. second we hit 2 or 3 posts today and weeks made saves he shouldnt have. not knocking him just saying that he obviously isnt that good.third the penalties we had, although killed them, kept Forsberg of the ice and none of those should have bben called.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:22 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

You guys got the biggest team of bruts. Why you guys injured so much? Anyway, good game guys. Wasn't trying to flame.. See ya on the 15th.

Yeah well sorry, posts are wide of the net. Ya want points for that?

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC
He's clearly injured, and likely in a considerable amount of pain. Probably has a bag of ice the size of a beanbag chair on his knee right now.
If he is indeed injured, then I don't get why Hitch was playing him with Ratje, who is not only the second slowest player out there behind Hatcher, but is also injured. Those two on the same defense pairing against teams like Buffalo or Tampa is very bad for the Flyers.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
You guys got the biggest team of bruts. Why you guys injured so much? Anyway, good game guys. Wasn't trying to flame.. See ya on the 15th.

GKJ, could you do something about this immaturity in front of us, thanks in advance.

swflyers8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:

i do have to agree with him there, we have an old line up Poltuny against the Sabres...all in favor say "I"

Old
04-04-2006, 09:28 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy
If he is indeed injured, then I don't get why Hitch was playing him with Ratje, who is not only the second slowest player out there behind Hatcher, but is also injured. Those two on the same defense pairing against teams like Buffalo or Tampa is very bad for the Flyers.
The way Hatcher played I almost find myself pining for Randy Jones as an alternative. Hatcher just can't change direction.

The story today is the same as it was at the trade deadline - Philly simply MUST have Kim Johnsson back if they are to make any sort of playoff run.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:28 PM
FlyersFanJS

i think we need look no further than mister mccrossin for the answer to why we have so many injuries that seem to linger for half the season

Old
04-04-2006, 09:29 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
i do have to agree with him there, we have an old line up Poltuny against the Sabres...all in favor say "I"
Brashear = Teats on a bull, under 8 minutes ice tonight.

Aye!

Old
04-04-2006, 09:29 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC
The way Hatcher played I almost find myself pining for Randy Jones as an alternative. Hatcher just can't change direction.

The story today is the same as it was at the trade deadline - Philly simply MUST have Kim Johnsson back if they are to make any sort of playoff run.

couldn't agree more

Old
04-04-2006, 09:30 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
i was wholly against playing him in the midst of a division race, but at this point, we have lost 3 of the last 4...what the hell do we have to lose

I

Old
04-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Good game tonight on both sides.
Esche finally got the better of Jagr and Weekes finally got the better of himself.
I think this was as evenly played a game as it gets. Im proud of my Rangers tonight, not for winning but for standing up for themselves and toughen it out against a much bigger team.
As I said earlier it will all come down to the last game in Philly, and know that the home team curse is broken anything can happen.

Kluivert4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Esche finally got the better of Jagr and Weekes finally got the better of himself.
I think this was as evenly played a game as it gets. Im proud of my Rangers tonight, not for winning but for standing up for themselves and toughen it out against a much bigger team.
As I said earlier it will all come down to the last game in Philly, and know that the home team curse is broken anything can happen.
i was talking to my rangers fan roommate the other day... i told him that the home teams would win the next two, hopefully i'm right

Old
04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Philly isn't bigger....

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 11:15 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC

Is he evan going to play again this season?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 11:25 PM
dedalus

Quote:
first off you havnt been on top 90 % of the year. More like 60-55% just after we started slumping a few months ago. second we hit 2 or 3 posts today and weeks made saves he shouldnt have. not knocking him just saying that he obviously isnt that good.third the penalties we had, although killed them, kept Forsberg of the ice and none of those should have bben called.
So you're arguing that the Flyers were clearly the better team tonight? I don't see it and neither do some of your fellow Flyer fans.

I thought the score pretty well reflected the play of the teams tonight, and one can only hope the playoff matchups are as entertaining as tonight's.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
So you're arguing that the Flyers were clearly the better team tonight? I don't see it and neither do some of your fellow Flyer fans.

I thought the score pretty well reflected the play of the teams tonight, and one can only hope the playoff matchups are as entertaining as tonight's.
based on the shot count one could argue that the Rangers controlled a fair amount of the play... though, i think that would be reading too much from the stat sheet as i think the quality chances were pretty even. few posts for both teams... good all around game, easily could have gone either way in regulation.

the physicality of the game was spectacular, clearly we're in April. i'm very happy the penalty on Hatcher didn't end with a Ranger PP goal, as that was a ridiculous penalty at that point of the game (potentially at any point of the game as far as i'm concerned).

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 07:29 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
the physicality of the game was spectacular, clearly we're in April. i'm very happy the penalty on Hatcher didn't end with a Ranger PP goal, as that was a ridiculous penalty at that point of the game (potentially at any point of the game as far as i'm concerned).
True both.

A seven game series between these two might result in someone's AHL roster playing in the next round.

Dig on the elbowing call. Weak.

I thought the Charging against Gauthier was ludicrous as well. The hit he laid on Straka, THAT was charging. The second one? Ridiculous, not even remotely in the vicinity of Charging.

Old
04-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Grrr
Brutal loss.
That Kappy turnover changed the whole game.
Flyers were dominating pretty hardcore from the end of the 1st until that point. If Knuble hadn't hit the crossbar, the game would've been iced.
Buffalo is not as scary as they used to be.
Wasn't hect reinjured?

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 09:14 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy
If Knuble hadn't hit the crossbar, the game would've been iced. Buffalo is not as scary as they used to be.
Your top line wing has to put that in the net if you want to be a top tier team.

Any team the Flyers meet will be a tough series, but only Ottawa and Canes stand head and shoulders above the Flyers. Anyone else will be toss up!