Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

UFAs / Roster Changes / Trades / Qualifying Offers 2012? [VI]

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 07:08 PM
2faded

vCash: 500
This whole small town ranch thing. Isnt that what he has in Nashville? Then why leave? Why leave what he wants to go to Minny where it's the same but a worse team? Doesnt make sense, although i buy the small town thing. But i think small town just means privacy. We could very well be on his list if that's what he wants. Who knows.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Tony O

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Well, I'd say Suter fits that description, but instead of trading for him and paying him a very good amount, you just sign him for that amount.

I'm not saying it's likely, or even close to that, but who knows how motivated the Samueli's are after watching LA win and us finish so badly. They're obviously quite rich, but have just watched spending after the last couple of years(which is fairly understandable). Time could be right to open the taps again, especially if some form of revenue sharing is on the horizon.
The problem with just acquiring Suter via UFA for a very good amount is that it will cost you more (a lot more) then trading for a player that is more cap/ salary friendly. At least that’s my takeaway from BM’s “Pronger type deal” comment.

Then again you get what you pay for right? So maybe you are right and Samueli’s will be motivated after the Kings Cup run and therefore BM is motivated too. Maybe by some miracle Suter signs in Anaheim and BM turns around and makes a trade for a 2nd line center too. One could dream….

Closed Thread