HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Suter's Preferred Destinations in the West

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
But hey, while your trying to sleep to the sounds of Police every 5 secconds and gun fire all while someone is trying to break into your house, just keep telling youself its a great city to live in.......
I live in Philly and I just can't sleep without this. When I go to my Grandmoms in the suburbs or on vacation I having trouble sleeping its just too quiet.

On the topic at hand. I want him as a Wing but way too many people make it sound like its such a done deal that I have a bad feeling it won't happen.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Rabiddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Michigan's hockey is no doubt on par with anyone. Doesnt hurt that the Illitch family still runs Little Ceasars AAA program. That coupled with Detroit being a team with a reputation of taking care of their guys, etc. And we've also heard Detroit being on the decline for 20 years now.
Just not Minnesota, of the top 20 high school teams in country 18 are from Minnesota. The first team for Michigan is 25. Also 40% of division 1 players are from Minnesota. Sorry Michigan is light years away from Minnesota hockey.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I live in Philly and I just can't sleep without this. When I go to my Grandmoms in the suburbs or on vacation I having trouble sleeping its just too quiet.
Gotta play Beverly Hills Cop on the TV just to get a good night's sleep.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Here's my question: Why would Suter (or Parise for that matter) prefer a team that is currently a contender IF they want to sign a life long deal?

Seems counter-intelligent. Long term deals would be best served on up and coming or young contenders. Current contenders will have their windows fading in the coming years.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Here's my question: Why would Suter (or Parise for that matter) prefer a team that is currently a contender IF they want to sign a life long deal?

Seems counter-intelligent. Long term deals would be best served on up and coming or young contenders. Current contenders will have their windows fading in the coming years.
Well, I'd think for most teams, that thought would work.

Unfortunately for everyone who is not a Red Wings fan, that team does not follow any sort of cycle that other teams seem to go through.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Money will be there regardless of destination.

1. Minny (favorite because of family/home, he's that type)
2. Detroit (only because of their stellar history and current need)
3. Nashville
4. San Jose or Colorado

Just my opinion. Best wishes whatever he decides to do, he's earned it.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
mriswith

Quote:

If Suter leaves Nash and doesn't sign for family purposes (i.e. Minn), then it has to be because he's tired of the lack of stability with the organization and wants to be somewhere with a history of a commitment to winning and being elite.

Pretty much means Detroit given that he wants to play in the midwest and not a huge market. I'd be very surprised if he signed somewhere like Colorado or St. Louis.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
punk_o_holic

He goes to Columbus. He feels bad for them so he decides to do them a favour by signing with them. Cash helps out as well. I wonder if he is close to Jack Johnson, being fellow American teammates.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
frankthetank91

I hope him and Parise sign in Minnesota, that would be great. I'm a sucker for friendships on a team, why not if they both want to be there and play together.

Plus Minnesota seems like a big hockey state with dedicated fans they deserve a better team. Parise and Suter would put them in the playoffs plus Granlund and Coyle coming in.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

This is the Kings selling point, they are both contenders now and one of the youngest teams in the league

Old
06-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Money will be there regardless of destination.

1. Minny (favorite because of family/home, he's that type)
2. Detroit (only because of their stellar history and current need)
3. Nashville
4. San Jose or Colorado

Just my opinion. Best wishes whatever he decides to do, he's earned it.
What is this like the third or fourth time somebody has said Minnesota is Suter's home?

That's Parise... Suter is from Wisconsin.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Flames1217

I think the flames have to be definitely in the top 5. His Uncle who also played for the Flyers played here.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:37 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
I think the flames have to be definitely in the top 5. His Uncle who also played for the Flyers played here.
Cept for the fact that they're Canadian. Not a knock against Canadian teams, he's just stated that he doesn't want to play there, apparently.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
He goes to Columbus. He feels bad for them so he decides to do them a favour by signing with them. Cash helps out as well. I wonder if he is close to Jack Johnson, being fellow American teammates.
Good Lord imagine what Suter could get considering what they gave Wiz.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
What is this like the third or fourth time somebody has said Minnesota is Suter's home?

Suter's wife's family is from Minnesota. So, technically his family is from Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
He's not going to a Canadian team, end of story.

Old
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Suter's wife's family is from Minnesota. So, technically his family is from Minnesota and Wisconsin.
There's a bit of a difference there. Most people try to stay away from their in-laws.

Old
BeersHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaffran View Post
Just not Minnesota, of the top 20 high school teams in country 18 are from Minnesota. The first team for Michigan is 25. Also 40% of division 1 players are from Minnesota. Sorry Michigan is light years away from Minnesota hockey.
High school hockey isn't the complete picture. In Michigan a player has to pick between playing high school or travel - they cannot play both. The sad fact is that many of the state's top players bypass high school all together and play AAA, which Michigan boasts some of the best in the nation. Not to mention the US Development team is based in Ann Arbor, and a lot of the players are homegrown.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:49 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Good Lord imagine what Suter could get considering what they gave Wiz.
Most likely Columbus has no shot but they should offer him a contract. It's going to take a Wizniewski type(more money, not sure how much more) of contract to land him though. The money would be tempting but he will get other big offers to pass up on the Jackets. I hope I'm wrong though and he for whatever reasons joins Columbus.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:49 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:

Suter has family in Minnesota, that's the main point.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
silvercanuck

Quote:
Lol, people have been saying the Wings are on the decline for years now and it hasn't kept players from saying they'd like to go there.

More importantly, signing players like Suter helps stop any "decline" that people think they're headed towards...
It's safe to say the Wings are on the decline. Look where they've finished the last couple seasons. Look at their record with Lidstrom injured. If they don't sign Sutter I think they are in big trouble.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
I find it amusing that Chicago is getting ruled out because it is big city

Chicago Media isn't tough to deal with and the North and West Suburbs contain many communities that he can live with his family that are great

I actually think if Hawks show interest they will have as good a chance as anyone should the get the cap room (Moving Hammer would be needed)

- He is from Wis
- He has stated he loves Chicago in past
- His uncle played here so he has some history/knowledge of franchise

Old
06-14-2012, 08:53 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Chicago Media isn't tough to deal with and the North and West Suburbs contain many communities that he can live with his family that are great

I actually think if Hawks show interest they will have as good a chance as anyone should the get the cap room (Moving Hammer would be needed)

- He is from Wis
True, especially since he would have the Kane buffer - i.e. what dumb thing has Pat Kane done this week.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:55 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

- He is from Wis
A top 3 of Keith,Suter,Seabrook would be sick. On top of that, a bottom 3/7th defensemen of Leddy,Hjalmarsson,Oduya,Montador is solid.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:57 PM
BamaWing

vCash: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Drew Miller has his #20.

Houston, we have a problem!
hahaha if anyone thinks that would be a problem

Closed Thread