HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Parise’s dad says son would “fit right in” with Rangers

Old
06-13-2012, 10:42 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

vCash: 500
Why would we blow him away with an offer? He isn't even a goal scorer.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:52 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Why would we blow him away with an offer? He isn't even a goal scorer.
...What? 31, 38, 45, 32, and 31 are his goal totals dating back to his last 5 complete seasons. Any of those totals would have been good for second on the Rangers this year, and 45 would have made him our best scorer. The only seasons he has scored less than 30 were his rookie season and the year he played 13 games.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
...What? 31, 38, 45, 32, and 31 are his goal totals dating back to his last 5 complete seasons. Any of those totals would have been good for second on the Rangers this year, and 45 would have made him our best scorer. The only seasons he has scored less than 30 were his rookie season and the year he played 13 games.

Ok but he mostly scores garbage goals and he isn't a guy who will snipe his way on the score sheet.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Ok but he mostly scores garbage goals and he isn't a guy who will snipe his way on the score sheet.
True Parise is not a sniper. He's an elite finisher though with great hands, and he would have potted almost all of those goals Dubi, Callahan, and whoever else whiffed on right on the doorstep. It seemed like there was an inordinate amount of those this year.

Lexus Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:12 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post
True Parise is not a sniper. He's an elite finisher though with great hands, and he would have potted almost all of those goals Dubi, Callahan, and whoever else whiffed on right on the doorstep. It seemed like there was an inordinate amount of those this year.
He isn't worth 7 mil.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:13 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
He's a good fit for us, but he will get equal offers from other teams. It would be an interesting move for him to sign here when equal $$ was offered from other very good teams.

Either way Sather drives up his price
If that's the case, then he probably signs elsewhere without question.

I wonder if Sather will even offer him a contract after his comments.

06-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Sather will send his agent an offer if for no other reason than to get the name in and boost price in something of a blind bid.

However Minnesota will likely offer this kid the moon on a lifetime contract, and Zach, unless he is concerned about immediately winning the cup, will probably take it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
He isn't worth 7 mil.
A 2-way player who get you 30-30 or even 40-40?

Old
06-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Zach Parise is "more of the same" in terms of what this team is and how we play. Guys like Kreider, Hagelin..they are a little different. they add different dimensions. THAT is what we need to get. Not more grinder type guys who get ugly goals, guys who can do other stuff. we have guys like Parise...maybe not as talented as him, but guys who can do what he does and play the way he plays. What we dont have is a guy like a Rick Nash, or a guy like a Jarome Iginla, or a guy like a Bobby Ryan. Hell even a guy like Semin if he could get his head out of his ass. I love Zach Parise, and on a team with Jagr, Nylander, etc he would have been a great fit adding a dimension we don't have. I just think for this team to be able to take the next step, we need guys who can add stuff we don't already have.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Agree with inferno on this 1. We need more Jagr and Nylander types. Not more dubi cally types

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Zach Parise is "more of the same" in terms of what this team is and how we play. Guys like Kreider, Hagelin..they are a little different. they add different dimensions. THAT is what we need to get. Not more grinder type guys who get ugly goals, guys who can do other stuff. we have guys like Parise...maybe not as talented as him, but guys who can do what he does and play the way he plays. What we dont have is a guy like a Rick Nash, or a guy like a Jarome Iginla, or a guy like a Bobby Ryan. Hell even a guy like Semin if he could get his head out of his ass. I love Zach Parise, and on a team with Jagr, Nylander, etc he would have been a great fit adding a dimension we don't have. I just think for this team to be able to take the next step, we need guys who can add stuff we don't already have.
Playing in Dale Hunter's system (similar to Torts'), Semin looked like his head was out of his ass just fine. Backchecking, defensively responsible, always a threat in the offensive zone. If the price is alright definitely look into Semin. He won't cost roster players and prospects like Nash.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Nicely put.

We do need more skilled/talented players, and less players that are in the Callahan mold.

Will definitely be an interesting offseason, that's for sure.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Scott Gomez and Bobby Holik hated the Rangers too.

If we blew him away with an offer that no other team could match he'd sign with us.
Yeah. Well...consider who you are comparing Zach Parise to here.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Crease

Parise is a very nice player. But this team needs players who can generate offense on their own. Not opportunistic scorers. I think the money would be better spent elsewhere this off-season.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Didn't think he'd sign here and didn't think Sather would be able to make the money work even if there was a shadow of a chance.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Offer him a massive contract then pull it off the table when he takes it.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:43 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Offer him a massive contract then pull it off the table when he takes it.
Lol. Now yer talkin!

Tie the contract to a silly string.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM
GoGoKreider

I would love to have Parise on the Rangers. He would fit right in. Parise would probably see alot more chances on garbage goals considering how the Rangers play. But paying him 7mill a year would not be worth it. Nash would be great to have, but his price tag and what we will have to give is not worth it either. I would like to get some secondary scoring and some depth. Look at the devils 4th line. If the devils didn't have the depth they had the Rangers would of been playing the Kings.

GoGoKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Cup is over and got to speak to a few of my insider friends from CNBC and HNIC. The first gentlemen is a close friend and he said 100% not a chance he signs in NY he is a kid looking for a out in this area and not interested in NYC.. Second rumor which makes some sense is LA going hard after him. The owner of the kings was spotted talking to him after warms ups and Lou was incensed by it. Was told it was a how u like the building and city kind of talk but Lou was very upset. Wild and Detroit remain in the mix.. also was told look for a DEC 1 start of the season with the owners not the players being the hard ***** and the NHL not wanting to lose the winter classic

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Cup is over and got to speak to a few of my insider friends from CNBC and HNIC. The first gentlemen is a close friend and he said 100% not a chance he signs in NY he is a kid looking for a out in this area and not interested in NYC.. Second rumor which makes some sense is LA going hard after him. The owner of the kings was spotted talking to him after warms ups and Lou was incensed by it. Was told it was a how u like the building and city kind of talk but Lou was very upset. Wild and Detroit remain in the mix.. also was told look for a DEC 1 start of the season with the owners not the players being the hard ***** and the NHL not wanting to lose the winter classic
Thanks for the info.

I don't know what I'll do during October and November.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Good info, thanks for the insight

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
If that's the case, then he probably signs elsewhere without question.

I wonder if Sather will even offer him a contract after his comments.
As strategy it's probably still in the Rangers interest to bid him up just to make him too expensive for the Devils to keep him....

And one other thing....never under estimate the lure of an original 6 team. When push comes to shove a lot of players have the dream of playing for an original 6 franchise. Not sure that really exists in any other sport, definitely exists in hockey.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:22 PM
ncmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post
A 2-way player who get you 30-30 or even 40-40?
when 7 to 8 mil is the ceiling i think the player should be hitting in the 40 goal range. consistently. his median is 32 goals. thats what you should be looking at

ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmike View Post
when 7 to 8 mil is the ceiling i think the player should be hitting in the 40 goal range. consistently. his median is 32 goals. thats what you should be looking at
7 to 8 is the ceiling for what?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:40 PM
ncmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I disagree with this to an extent when it comes to Parise. I think winning (and to a lesser extent personal #s / offensive system) will trump money when it comes to his decision making.

If it is between Detroit and let's say Boston for example, sure money will weigh in. But I would be stunned if he signed in with the Wild, for example, even if they outbid other teams.
agree thats why Richards signed with the rangers. the chance to win is bigger that money

ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote