HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrice Brisebois named player development coach

Old
06-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
No "Metro" means "Mother".

And would that do the Montrealers that wants more french? nothing.
Montreal is one step behind Toronto in the world always. Quebec's "Chez Nous" Attitude has been killing Montreal sine 1970! Nuff Said! Nobody ever said Quebec can't be local-outside of the Metro Centre , of Course. The Airport is having a tough time competeing with Toronto for International Airlines. Look were trying to keep this City World-class, not easy some days.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Again, again and again....people needs to stop with that. Seriously. The day that the Nords will come back it will even be tougher. They will packed their team with "gars de chez nous"....and then what if they win, and we don't without "gars de chez nous"??? We'd be crucified. There will always be that battle and even worst when the Nords comes in. As if people will let the Habs do their thing with the Nords coming back....the critics will be even tougher. The fans seems more volatile and might shift towards the Nords what the owner won't like to see happening and will do everything to please the fans etc....

I have no problem with the hirings based on the fact that some of those roles are not exactly earth shattering roles and francos CAN be useful too. We went with Dudley with one of the key roles in this organization. Don't see how having Brisebois as coach of development mostly for D's is really a problem.
It's a big issue for me because I hated him as a D. I thought he was a coward, a turnover machine and has the emotional capacity of a toddler. I wished they named him for just helping the kids aclimate themselves to the big leagues, not be a coach in any way shape or form. They should have hired Gaston Gingras for that. But time will tell if i'm wrong. I hope he succeed.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
Montreal is one step behind Toronto in the world always. Quebec's "Chez Nous" Attitude has been killing Montreal sine 1970! Nuff Said!
Yes killing he said, killing!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Yes killing he said, killing!
Yes! Killed! It!! The Asian Carries bypass Dorval Airport to land in Toronto everyday! You an expert? ever drank Jack Daniels in New York City, or rode a speed train in Japan? Until then, Eff off! Canada still runs this City, what do you want from it? a wall a Fort? A team in "Ville de Quebec" If your not born in Montreal, you have no right to make Montreal decisions!... Nuff Said!

R

Nobody but people born on Island of Montreal are aloud to make it;s decisions!

Not going to take it from people in Quebec City,

Last edited by Player 61: 06-15-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
It's a big issue for me because I hated him as a D. I thought he was a coward, a turnover machine and has the emotional capacity of a toddler. I wished they named him for just helping the kids aclimate themselves to the big leagues, not be a coach in any way shape or form. They should have hired Gaston Gingras for that. But time will tell if i'm wrong. I hope he succeed.
I wasn't that big of a fan either. Yet, the best coaches are not always the best players. Some have more success to teach what to do than to actually do it. Brisebois will surely "teach" that toughness is really the way to go and to never give up and be assertive and all and it is possible that the prospect looks him wondering how the hell he can say that....but if Brisebois is bright enough he'll say "Don't do like I did..."....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:08 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I wasn't that big of a fan either. Yet, the best coaches are not always the best players. Some have more success to teach what to do than to actually do it.
I agree. Gretzky was the most obvious example of this. He was a great player but maybe things came so naturally to him that he didn't have to stop and think about it... it was all instincts. He turned out to be a horrible coach.

Personally I never liked Brisebois as a player but he might turn out to be a great coach. Look around the league. How many of the successful coaches were star players? Anyway, it will be more coaching than they got before and that can't be a bad thing, can it?

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote