HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Brodeur Appreciation

Old
06-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Much rather than to see him pass it to Lundqvist or Rinne, that`s for sure.
Really?

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

vCash: 500
I guess if Maclean had been a so so or even a bad coach it wouldn't have been as bad. Maclean wasn't a bad coach. He was the WORST head coach in the NHL I can remember or know of. Probably couldn't have even been as bad as Wayne Gretzky, and by couldn't have been as bad as Gretzky that means he couldn't have been good enough to be only as bad as Gretzky. He wasn't a good enough assistant either. Now he wasn't a complete trainwreck, but nothing outstanding. Our PP sucked, and to be fair it still sucks. He was in charge of it I believe. Too many times did we have 6 PP opportunities in a game, and couldn't score on 1. This happened in a playoff game against Carolina once in 06. We had like 6 PP's while the game was still in reach. It was game 5, and we were already in a 3-1 hole anyway.

I wanna remember him for the player he was here from 83-97. Not for any kind of coach. I'm just gonna pretend Bobby Carpenter was assistant coach here all those years. Or better yet Bruce Willis!

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote