HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Meet the Team *AT THE ROCK* 4PM thread...

Old
06-14-2012, 04:58 PM
hockeyr5

vCash: 500
I think Girardi is the biggest "What the ****?" on that play.. I mean, what the ****?

hockeyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:00 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I'm really REALLY waiting for a Ranger fan to come in here and be like "OMG you guys aren't over that yet? You won, get over it stop being sore winners!"
coming from a fan base that clung onto an OT goal from 18 years ago, let them go ahead and try...

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyr5 View Post
I think Girardi is the biggest "What the ****?" on that play.. I mean, what the ****?
We would have never scored that goal against the Kings. Even if everything happened exactly the same. the Kings D wouldnt have skated around the net, taking himself out of the play for no apparent reason and leaving a man wide open on the side of the net. Henrique would have been boxed out and the puck thrown to the corner.

Devils86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Wasn't there but through reading, the most underrated part of the gathering was the loud cheer Bernier got. So glad that happened.

Anyone holding animosity towards him is ****ing clown shoes.
That definitely was a good moment from the whole event. The part that stood out to me being there was any of the players who paused to look out at/acknowledge the crowd, as opposed to those who acknowledged in stride on the way to their cars. Brodeur in particular stands out for stopping and looking into the crowd for a bit. A few others did it as well but I can't quite recall who. A number gave even more of an acknowledgement (high fives, a few autographs, whatever) when driving by on their way out of the garage.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:02 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Brodeur definitely paused and stared for a good 5-10 seconds. Gionta looked thrilled, Josefson nodded and smiled, Bernier looked so relieved we were cheering for him, etc.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:07 PM
manilaNJ

I'm glad most of them acknowledged how much we all appreciated this season.

Did anyone seem kind of 'meh' about the whole thing?

Old
06-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post

I bet you could convince your coworkers that Parise peeled out of the garage flipping everybody off and yelling curses.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:

Salvo is always like that so he "sticks out" (but not really). He never stops for autographs and stuff like that. Maybe he's just shy. Everyone was pretty awesome honestly.

The other guy that stuck out just a bit was Kovy. He had his tinted windows closed and gave a bit of a wave but mainly kept looking straight.

Basement Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Parise got off the bus wearing a Rangers jersey & carrying a greeting card from Glen Sather with a ballon. He kind of had an awkward expression like he didn't know how the crowd would react.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:06 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Brodeur definitely paused and stared for a good 5-10 seconds.
Normally Brodeur won't give a fan the time of day. Not that he's rude, just he's been through it for so long.

Perhaps a sign of retirement?

Just speculating.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Normally Brodeur won't give a fan the time of day. Not that he's rude, just he's been through it for so long.

Just speculating.
Somebody was just probably waving a candy bar or eating popcorn.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:15 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I'm really REALLY waiting for a Ranger fan to come in here and be like "OMG you guys aren't over that yet? You won, get over it stop being sore winners!"
I've been posting the Henrique goal video all over social media the past day or so, and Ranger fans keep calling me out.

I really don't care though. I've going to savor this one for the next 18 years.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Scott04

Quote:

Just speculating.
Of course that's always a possibility. But I take it more of just soaking it in because as long as he's been here, I doubt he had the same experience. Of course the 3 times they won there was the parade and everything. I don't know for sure, but what were the odds there was anything similar in 01 when they came back from Colorado? Or really any of the years they were bounced from the playoffs? I'm sure this playoff run was special to him in its own unique way given his age and how long its been. Given that the reception from the fans was probably extremely unique for his entire career, he probably wanted to take a second to really enjoy this moment after all of these years.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
I've been posting the Henrique goal video all over social media the past day or so, and Ranger fans keep calling me out.

I'm going to have kids who are going to know about this goal as soon as their eyes can focus.

Old
06-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

Salvador seems like he would be a great guy off the ice.

Czech Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:03 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I bet you could convince your coworkers that Parise peeled out of the garage flipping everybody off and yelling curses.
I could convince them that each and every Devil raised up their middle fingers, cursed the crowd off and yelled out "**** y'all, I'd rather be a Blueshirt" before pissing all over the exterior of the Prudential Center.

Anything that follows their nonsense agenda against the Devils is entirely possible in their world.

If I get bored tomorrow, maybe I'll start pumping them with conspiracy theories again

Old
06-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
My favorite part of the whole thing was seeing Deboer's face as fans lined up along the parking garage as the players drove out. He was so stoked! It was great to see. He really loves this job. Also Zubie's car stopped right next to me and he put his hand out for hi-fives. I said "thank you Zubie!" and he closed his hand around mine (no 'mo) and put the biggest smile on. Same thing with Hedberg. He was so stoked driving down the line of people with his hand out the window.

This team rules!

Status Quo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Salvo is always like that so he "sticks out" (but not really). He never stops for autographs and stuff like that. Maybe he's just shy. Everyone was pretty awesome honestly.

The other guy that stuck out just a bit was Kovy. He had his tinted windows closed and gave a bit of a wave but mainly kept looking straight.
We haven't done is since 2010 but Sal came out and sign alot after games. HE was always gracious and signed for everyone. Zach did too back then. MArty actually signed my daughters jersey at one of his kids hockey games at Floyd. I told her to wait until thr period was over and she went over..he was very nice smiled talked to her for a moment and signed. The nicest guy ever was Brian Gionta. It was the last year at the CAA and they had the team sate and signing, She was very shy and didnt want to go over. Gio asked me what her name was and said hey J would you come over and take a picture with me. so she did, I truly believe she became a die hard fan at that moment.

Devils86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Devils Pride 26
BrickCityHockey*****

Quote:

Just speculating.
I think it has more to do with being here for so long and never seeing anything quite like it. The more I hear Marty talk, the more the Devils fan in him comes out. He wanted to beat the Rangers 10x more than any fan had.

And if anyone deserves the support after being there it was Marty as he really stepped up. I feel like it was just mutual respect the fans had for Marty and how Marty felt about the fans.

Devils Pride 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

I haven't met Marty in years. He was pretty cool back then. He won't go out of his way to talk to people, but he is or was pretty approachable. Sykie, and Patty too. Sykie is very approachable. One guy that I talked to a lot was Ken Daneyko, and even back then when he had only a couple teeth in his head, and was real mean looking he was friendly. Bobby Holik, and Randy Mckay were real friendly also for having that mean unapproachable look, and image they gave off. John Maclean as much as I hate him as a coach was a real nice guy back then might still be too, but I'll always remember him for being a player.

My buddy who lives on the East Coast of Florida has met Pete from his time with the Panthers, and says he's every bit of a puppy as he looks, and comes off in his interviews. Says he's really cool. The same buddy is also good friends with my most hated player in the league Scott Clemmensen. They met from when he moved there to play for the Panthers.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:18 AM
gocanes88
I heart Forslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgd31 View Post
NJDevilsArmyBlog ‏@DevilsArmyBlog
Zach Parise left the Prudential Center today to chants of "come back Zach!" and told a few fans " dont worry."
Blast.

gocanes88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:38 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:

From what I understand, Larsson was pretty much his normal expressionless, emotionless self. I'd actually still be pretty pissed if I were him...

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:48 AM
AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
From what I understand, Larsson was pretty much his normal expressionless, emotionless self. I'd actually still be pretty pissed if I were him...
He's usually really pissed about losing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDJb2mjnzQ
@50sec he's awarded TV-pucken (Swedish JR tourney) best d-man award, but his team lost the finals and he's not really happy about it. You don't need to understand Swedish to understand what that face says.
@1:20 He says he's not over the loss, even though it's a year later.

AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Larsson might be more pissed that he didn't get to play. I'm sure he'll get another chance in his career though.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:43 AM
njdevil26

Quote:

It's crazy that only after three cups, five conference championships, and nine division titles, 18 years later we have the confidence to tell Ranger fans to shut the F up.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote