HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are we expecting from Jason Demers?

Old
06-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftDumpInTheCorner View Post
What if Wilson threw the bank at Suter and then shipped out Vlasic for a hefty return of prospects/picks/players?

Suter/Burns
Stuart/Boyle
Murray/Demers
Braun

Too Bold?
The left side is far too slow to go the distance. Having both Murray and Stuart is a mistake and having one of Braun or Demers in the press box is also a mistake. Those things need to be addressed before next season.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
OrrNumber4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock1116 View Post
I'm not talking about players we know suck.

I'm talking about our young players we are trying to develop.
Really?

Statistically speaking, White and Handzus' seasons last year are more likely outliers. TMac can't have a short-term memory with players like that....

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:32 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Really?

Statistically speaking, White and Handzus' seasons last year are more likely outliers. TMac can't have a short-term memory with players like that....
While they have been much better over their careers than last season, they are at an age where a certain amount of decline should be expected. For two guys who are slow as molasses, that decline will be steeper.

The main issue is that Demers wasn't allowed to 'play through' his difficulties, and White and Zeus were, even though Demers has proven himself enough to warrant more than 2 or 3 games in a row in October and November.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
kluu

i'm expecting not much from Demers, and more from Braun.

kluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:33 AM
FeedingFrenzy

I am baffled by the number of posters who feel Demers has a higher ceiling than Braun. Can someone elaborate on this? While Demers may be alittle more physical than Braun, Justin's skating and shot are better. Both have the tools to be successful yet both still lack experience. Personally I feel TMac needs to decide which of these 2 CAN play left side(start grooming) and let these 2 play together. Let them get some chemistry. LET THEM PLAY !!

Stewie-Burns
Vlasic-Boyle
Demers-Braun

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
I am baffled by the number of posters who feel Demers has a higher ceiling than Braun. Can someone elaborate on this? While Demers may be alittle more physical than Braun, Justin's skating and shot are better. Both have the tools to be successful yet both still lack experience. Personally I feel TMac needs to decide which of these 2 CAN play left side(start grooming) and let these 2 play together. Let them get some chemistry. LET THEM PLAY !!

Stewie-Burns
Vlasic-Boyle
Demers-Braun
Demers has better vision and for a d-man, that's how you really pile up the points. His skating has gotten better and Demers' shot isn't that bad but he doesn't take a whole lot of them. That's why his shooting percentage is better than Braun's. Braun isn't shy about taking them but he's only produced two goals himself compared to Demers' four last season on about forty more shots.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Trojan35

Someone tell Nemo to crosscheck him in the back.

The Sharks were awesome in the '11 playoffs until Demers got hurt. We can chalk up this year to a bad year, but he needs to be at 10-11 levels in 12-13, or better.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote