HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kristo or Leblanc

Old
06-15-2012, 11:00 AM
bberard34

vCash: 500
Kristo or Leblanc

Leaf fan coming in peace

I'm not a Habs fan but I found this interesting

You guys seem to have a cupboard that is getting more full every year, (and that is not easy for me to say), I was just interested to get a Habs fan's perspective on this comparison. Mostly because I have them both in my keeper draft haha

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 06-15-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: removed link to disallowed site
bberard34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:08 AM
S Bah

Both of these players are driven to succeed Kristo will finish his degree and lead the Sioux to the NCAA Title.While Leblanc will be the engine for Hamilton this season showing his leadership qualities IMO.It's pretty difficult to choose one over the other from these two former teammates,but its a good problem to have.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
bberard34

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Both of these players are driven to succeed Kristo will finish his degree and lead the Sioux to the NCAA Title.While Leblanc will be the engine for Hamilton this season showing his leadership qualities IMO.It's pretty difficult to choose one over the other from these two former teammates,but its a good problem to have.
I guess you don't have to choose haha

bberard34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberard34 View Post
Leaf fan coming in peace

I'm not a Habs fan but I found this interesting

http://itzova.com/vote-now/215

You guys seem to have a cupboard that is getting more full every year, (and that is not easy for me to say), I was just interested to get a Habs fan's perspective on this comparison. Mostly because I have them both in my keeper draft haha
LeBlanc has more upside as an NHLer, more well rounder, can play center or RW. Kristo is more of a one way player at this point and not as good a playmaker.

LeBlanc's ceiling is 25-50-75
Kristo's is 30-25/30-55/60

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:24 AM
NotProkofievian

Leblanc, IMO. It'd be nice to get a Versteeg out of Kristo. However, I'm expecting Leblanc will be a bigger difference maker for us. The only thing Leblanc needs to improve is his strength.

That guy currently has the perfect build...for competitive badminton.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Leblanc, IMO. It'd be nice to get a Versteeg out of Kristo. However, I'm expecting Leblanc will be a bigger difference maker for us. The only thing Leblanc needs to improve is his strength.

Leblanc looks like 6'1 145 pounds

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Et le But

Leblanc easily. While it's pretty close skillset wise (playmaking, two way play vs speed and scoring), it's not even close when it comes to hockey IQ and intangibles.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post

hahaha

That's the problem with him. He looks like a pee-wee

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:09 PM
MXD

It's strange, because those are completely different players (aside from having both a slight built) ... but they might also end up looking for the same spot on the team.

My money is on Leblanc, and I hope nobody would say something like "Let's play Leblanc on the 3rd line, because his game is more "fit" for a third line, and play Kristo on the 2nd, because that's pretty much the only place he could play in a lineup".

Steve Quailer will have a better NHL career than Danny Kristo.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I wouldn't say that Kristo is driven to succeed, his effort on the ice has always been inconsistent. When the puck is in the offensive zone he does up his compete level but he's not on the level of Leblanc who works hard consistenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
LeBlanc has more upside as an NHLer, more well rounder, can play center or RW. Kristo is more of a one way player at this point and not as good a playmaker.
Kristo's playmaking has grown by leaps and bounds to the point it's one of his strengths, I don't think Leblanc is a great playmaker so I'd lean more towarrds Kristo being a better playmaker.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Leblanc AINEC. I really don't like Kristo.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Leblanc looks like 6'1 145 pounds
Have you seen his interview? He looks a lot bigger than that, looks like 6'1" 190lbs. He has a narrow face which may lead people to think he is very skinny.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Guilliam

The way I see it, Kristo is faster, has better hands and a better shot; however, I think Leblanc will have a better career because of his smarts, grit and work ethic.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Leblanc AINEC. I really don't like Kristo.
I don't like him at all but he was a good pick all things considered. I trust Gallagher more as a prospect.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:31 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Have you seen his interview? He looks a lot bigger than that, looks like 6'1" 190lbs. He has a narrow face which may lead people to think he is very skinny.
I saw his interview, and he looks like he has dainty little lady shoulders. I really hope he doesn't look like that when he shows up to camp in september.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:31 PM
ChoseLa

Leblanc is better in small areas and takes every shifts like it's his last. Kristo well he's not burning the NCAA and he plays a speedy goal scoring game, he doesn't have the toolbox that Leblanc has, Louis is already an NHLer and is 1 year younger.

So in the end Kristo is a big ? for most of us, even though some who follows the NCAA love him, nobody knows what he will bring to the NHL. Louis is ready for 3rd line responsabilities.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:39 PM
niftymove

Not sure it still means something, but when they were both playing for Omaha Lancers in USHL, the finished 1-2 in scoring position:

Leblanc was 28-31-59 and Kristo was 22-36-58.

Leblanc played 10 more games but was 17, while Kristo was 18

niftymove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Steve Quailer will have a better NHL career than Danny Kristo.
I'd take that bet, Quailer is taller but that's about the only thing he's better at then Kristo imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
The way I see it, Kristo is faster, has better hands and a better shot; however, I think Leblanc will have a better career because of his smarts, grit and work ethic.
I agree as Leblanc has the higher compete level and smarts, consistently works hard. Kristo excells in the offensive zone and his speed is a great asset for him but he needs to be more consistent with the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Leblanc is better in small areas and takes every shifts like it's his last. Kristo well he's not burning the NCAA and he plays a speedy goal scoring game.
Kristo gets more assists then goals, his playmaking has made huge strides to the point where it's one of the best parts of his game now. I'd bet that he gets more assists in the NHL then goals.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Bullsmith

Kristo is a bit of a poor man's Phil Kessel, to put it in Leafs terms. He has fantastic acceleration, balance, and a nose for the net. He'll never pot 50 (frankly 30 would be his max upside, probably. And we're talking upside.) He just isn't that kind of elite finishing talent like Kessel, but he's a talented, disruptive, offensive player who can both pass and shoot at a high level. His effort is inconsistent, and right now he's basically taking a year off pursuing the pros to go after an NCAA championship (and party with his buds, no doubt.) In a pure points perspective, I see him having more upside than Leblanc, but he's much less of a sure-fire NHL product.

Leblanc is very different. Smart, capable of playing wing or center, 2nd line scoring or 3rd line checking, he's the kind of players coaches love to have. I think he'll be in the NHL for good very soon, if he isn't already there. However, as a points producer I wouldn't get my hopes up about him.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Kristo is a bit of a poor man's Phil Kessel, to put it in Leafs terms. He has fantastic acceleration, balance, and a nose for the net. He'll never pot 50 (frankly 30 would be his max upside, probably. And we're talking upside.) He just isn't that kind of elite finishing talent like Kessel, but he's a talented, disruptive, offensive player who can both pass and shoot at a high level. His effort is inconsistent, and right now he's basically taking a year off pursuing the pros to go after an NCAA championship (and party with his buds, no doubt.) In a pure points perspective, I see him having more upside than Leblanc, but he's much less of a sure-fire NHL product.

Leblanc is very different. Smart, capable of playing wing or center, 2nd line scoring or 3rd line checking, he's the kind of players coaches love to have. I think he'll be in the NHL for good very soon, if he isn't already there. However, as a points producer I wouldn't get my hopes up about him.
I think LeBlanc's offensive upside gets underrated because he is reliable defensively. He won't be an explosive guy on his feet like a Kristo or Kessel, but he's got a pretty good shot and release to score 20-25 maybe 30 if he maxes out. He'll score more by finding open ice and getting off a one timer or surprising the goalie than with speed and agility like Kristo. He will surpass Kristo as a playmaker because he has better vision and hockey sense. At this point he needs 10-20lbs to be stronger on the puck so he can buy himself time out there and make his shot harder. I think added strength in his legs could help his skating also. He is physically raw(body) but mature as a player(mind).

Old
06-15-2012, 01:47 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Can someone give me a bit of insight to their upside and where they in the line-up in let's say, 3-4 years? I haven't followed Kristo and Leblanc enough to truely know.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:21 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Can someone give me a bit of insight to their upside and where they in the line-up in let's say, 3-4 years? I haven't followed Kristo and Leblanc enough to truely know.
Both players upsides are as 2nd liners, unless Leblanc works really well in a complimentary role. Ultimately, Leblanc's absolute upside would be Jere Lehtinen (though probably a bit more geared towards playmaking), while Kristo... let's say Michael Ryder.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:51 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

All you Kristo haters make me sad.

Leblanc for keeper league for sure. Kristo has higher potential.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:56 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
All you Kristo haters make me sad.

Leblanc for keeper league for sure. Kristo has higher potential.
Sure, at beer pong

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 03:13 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sure, at beer pong
And losing shoes in snow storms. Leblanc knows to wear snow packs during blizzards

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote