HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Its done.

Thanks for the kind words.

I have had 1 dog and 2 cats die in the past but its never easy. Its different sorrow with each pet. This cat was my 9 year old's cat. They were best friends. Its going to destroy her when my wife and I sit her down after school and tell her the cat that she's known since she was born....is now gone. THAT is what is devastating to me. As a parent, you never want to see your child in pain. Knowing someone or something you've loved has passed, is one of the most painful things one can endure.

I wont think of myself as a monster. I just dont want my daughter to interpret our decision as being monstrous. She's only 9 and thinks in terms of "black and white" as most 9 year old's do. We did the right thing and I'm comfortable with our decision.

We had her sedated in which she didn't fall asleep but went into a "coma" like state. At that point, my wife lost it and went outside. I followed her to comfort her. 5 min later, our Vet, whom is AWESOME, brought Sasha out to the truck and that was that. I'm currently digging her grave next to her brother Rufas's grave whom died of renal failure almost 2 years ago to the day.

Its going to be a sad scene in my house later today. I feel for my daughter.
Yeah this stuff is just a nightmare, but it'll get better. Fortunately, I was into my teenage years before my first pet that I was really close to died. It's like losing a family member, to begin with it's really difficult but the pain fades and then you just start to remember all the good things about them and how they brightened your life. I feel for your daughter, too, and I know that it's gonna be tough to begin with. I'm sure she'll get through it though

I'm always very happy to know they lived a good long and full life. Unlike my four year old dog who keeps trying to eat socks and cut things short

Old
05-24-2012, 03:16 PM
nocturn

Follow up and final word on the death of my cat Sasha. Things went better with my daughter that I thought they would. I probably should have given her more credit than I did. When she came home from school, we, my wife and I, sat her down and told her that Sasha had fallen asleep and didnt wake up. Thats all that was said. Thats all she needed to know. It wasnt a lie and I/we didnt come off as being monsters. It was simple and to the point.

I had decided to take off work the rest of the day so I could prepare the body and plot for burial. The last cat we had die, Rufas, Sasha's brother, I buried on the river bank hillside behind my house, under a 100 year old White Oak.

I removed the little Cedar cross I had made with Rufas's name on it and dug down 3 feet next to his plot. I wrapped Sasha in Poly and mothballs, to keep the wildlife away, and laid her to rest. I added Sasha's name to the Cedar Cross, just below Rufas's name and placed it back on the hillside and under the Oak. I then wrapped the cross in a new kukui nut lei as both Rufas and Sasha were Hawaiian born cats.

I wanted to have all this done before my daughter came home from school. I didnt want a huge production made of it. If she would have seen Sasha's body or the body wrapped in plastic, she would have flipped. So all in all, I think it went as well as could be expected.

My daughter found comfort knowing Sasha wasn't going to be alone in her grave. I told her that now "Every time we go down to the boat, we can say 'Hi' to both Rufie and Sash." Thats something we do every time we head to the dock and/or boat...say "Hi" to Rufie on the way down the stairs. She seemed to accept that and now has somewhat moved on.

Yesterday, on the way home from work, I swung by the local pound to see what they had available. As much as I would like a designer cat this time like a Savannah or Maine Coon, I decided I'd prefer another pound kitten. We've gotten all our cats from the pound and never been let down. Anyway, I saw the cutest little 6 week old Med haired Tortoise/Black Tabby Kitten with green eyes and a lot of spunk, and grabbed her. I brought her home to my little girl and told her it was time to give her 'love' to a new kitten. Needless to say, it was love at first sight. They haven't left each others side since. I know "Pip" wont replace Sasha but I explained to her that Sasha now only lives in our mind and hearts and Pip needs to be loved now. She looked at me and said "I think Sasha would like Pip." and that was that.

Last edited by nocturn: 05-24-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old
05-29-2012, 09:48 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

When I got Maxwell and RAZZIE about four years ago...it was sort of an animal rescue effort in my apartment complex...but with abandoned kittens...

I'm happy that they found homes for all 12 in the litter...and I felt sorry for the gal that had to give them up...because she was allergic to cats... For her to put up with the allergies for so long and to keep them with her until the last one was adopted was above and beyond the call of duty for any cat lover to be...

The funny thing will be when we move out from this roach motel into my new house (which has been more than a year in the works with all the repairs and improvements AND now with the final inspection in progress WOO HOO) and seeing how well Max and Razzie handle being in transit from this place to the new one...

Old
06-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1204533

Couldnt find a general thread. Voice your opinion please.

Old
06-09-2012, 09:43 AM
nocturn

Anyone know how I can transfer a bunch of HD games from my Direct TV HD DVR HR24 to a external HDD or to a laptop so I can burn them to a Blu ray? Can it even be done or am I dreaming? I dont want to break any laws or bust up the HR24 to do it. Thanks.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:35 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Let us all rejoice...

Kevin Allen ‏@kausatoday

NHL referee Stephane Auger is retiring after 13 seasons.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:50 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Let us all rejoice...

Kevin Allen ‏@kausatoday

Please let Lee AND O'Rourke follow suit...-

Old
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Let us all rejoice...

Kevin Allen ‏@kausatoday

LMAO! *NICE*

On a lighter note...HOLY CRAP I spent $266 bones in a furious drunken stupor at Amazon mp3 store last Wed night after the Kings lost game 4 at home! Needless to say, Wife is PISSED and most of the crap I bought, I already have on Disc/MP3 on iTunes anyway. LOL. I was wondering where "Antics from the Forbidden Zone" came from on my phone.

Adam Ant FTW!!!

Old
06-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

Quote:

Adam Ant FTW!!!

Old
06-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

I turn 25 today. Kings winning the Cup = best birthday present

Old
06-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Shellz

Went to the hospital today and I got diagnosed witg Vertigo. Anybody have any tips? I've been doing a lot research.

Where is Hiller at when you need him

Old
06-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I turn 25 today. Kings winning the Cup = best birthday present
Happy birthday!

Old
06-21-2012, 12:45 AM
KingLB

Anyone access HF from a phone in the past few days getting ridiculously intrusive ads?

Old
06-23-2012, 06:58 AM
nocturn

Anyone see Prometheus yet?

No Spoilers below!!!

Saw it last night in Imax 3D and LOVED it. I love movies and books that leave you with more questions than answers. I know its getting hammered by people because of the plot holes and what not but I dont look at said Plot holes as a problem. I think people nowadays are just too used to being spoon feed their story-lines and were waiting for a movie that wraps a 30+ year old franchise up with a nice little bow. Prometheus doesn't do that and people are pissed.

I think one thing that has been lost in people's reviews of the movie is its being shot in a aspect, especially in Imax 3D, that gives the viewer the feeling of "being there" and seeing things in "real time" ala "The Office" or "24". In real life, not all questions are answered in real time folks! Its definitely a "react here, in the now and ask questions later" type movie. And thats what it does a fantastic job of doing. If you walked out with more questions than answers, it did what it was intended to do....by design.

I loved it and will go see it again tomorrow. Highly recommend in Imax 3D!

Old
06-23-2012, 01:27 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Tune in on ESPN for Spain vs France for UEFA 2012!

Old
06-23-2012, 03:48 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Anyone see Prometheus yet?

No Spoilers below!!!

Saw it last night in Imax 3D and LOVED it. I love movies and books that leave you with more questions than answers. I know its getting hammered by people because of the plot holes and what not but I dont look at said Plot holes as a problem. I think people nowadays are just too used to being spoon feed their story-lines and were waiting for a movie that wraps a 30+ year old franchise up with a nice little bow. Prometheus doesn't do that and people are pissed.

I think one thing that has been lost in people's reviews of the movie is its being shot in a aspect, especially in Imax 3D, that gives the viewer the feeling of "being there" and seeing things in "real time" ala "The Office" or "24". In real life, not all questions are answered in real time folks! Its definitely a "react here, in the now and ask questions later" type movie. And thats what it does a fantastic job of doing. If you walked out with more questions than answers, it did what it was intended to do....by design.

I loved it and will go see it again tomorrow. Highly recommend in Imax 3D!
Saw it, really disappointed for the reasons you mentioned. There is leaving questions (like what David said to the "engineer") and just outright random holes....

Like...why/how did these guys go into this trip with no idea what was happening?

Why couldn't they know the old guy was there?

What was the purpose of giving Holloway the goo?

Why the biologist/geologists are afraid of everything until they run into an alien snake, then want to pet it? Let alone the geologist some "sneaking" pot onto the trip.....

Old
06-27-2012, 03:04 PM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Didn't know where to share this, but found this image from the NHLPA Twitter pretty funny.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Thats pretty awesome but they should have been wearing turtle necks and Christmas sweaters.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:12 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Saw it, really disappointed for the reasons you mentioned. There is leaving questions (like what David said to the "engineer") and just outright random holes....

Like...why/how did these guys go into this trip with no idea what was happening?

Why couldn't they know the old guy was there?

What was the purpose of giving Holloway the goo?

Why the biologist/geologists are afraid of everything until they run into an alien snake, then want to pet it? Let alone the geologist some "sneaking" pot onto the trip.....
This>>>

It will answer most of your questions.

People are asking too much of this one, single movie. Give RS a chance to 'breathe'. He'll spell it out. It may take 1 or 2 more movies but, he will close this thing nicely.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Minor Boarding

Joke:
A: I named my hard drive Quick.
B: Why?
A: It saves anything.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Joke:
A: I named my hard drive Quick.
B: Why?
A: It saves anything.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Cruel11
Harley Quinn

Looks like Beckham picked it up from the Kings.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post

I like it. Notice how quickly the guy was to get up and be 100% fine after the ball came his way... Soccer at its finest. Also liked the mascot getting involved

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post

Very nice!

Old
07-08-2012, 12:55 PM
chill factor

Your Stanley Cup Champion Kings have been nominated for several ESPYS!

Cast your vote for BEST TEAM!

Closed Thread