HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

JayBo to Philly or Montreal

Old
06-14-2012, 07:31 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
You have to remember that Markus Granlund has benefited strongly from being in a same team with his brother. I don't see top 6 NHL potential in him unless he reaches his absolute upside.

That being said, we have forward prospects that could be used in a trade for JayBo + Granlund. Only untouchables at this point would obviously be Mikael Granlund and Charlie Coyle but in addition to those, we have several forward prospects that all have a top-6 or top-9 upside, including:

- Zack Phillips, playmaking C with good hands and good vision but he is a bit slow. Projected to be an NHL level top 6 center.
- Jason Zucker, fast winger with a good shot and some grit as well. Not afraid to go to the dirty areas. Appeared in a couple of NHL games last season and didn't do too badly considering that he was playing in a shutdown line most of the time.
- Brett Bulmer, feisty winger with a good size and a mean streak. Projected to be a 3rd line agitator/grinder but he possesses some skill and decent wheels as well. Appeared in 9 NHL games last season.
- Mario Lucia, winger with a good size and a good shot. A long shot to make NHL but he has top-6 upside due to his size and his shooting ability as well as decent playmaking skills.

We don't really have any tradeable assets in our D as that's our main need, too.

I could see something like:

Cal Clutterbuck
Zack Phillips

Jay Bouwmeester
Markus Granlund

Value-wise I think that's pretty fair. As of team needs, well, I'm not sure how Flames would see that but Phillips is definitely closer to NHL than Granlund and he has better upside as well. We both know that Mikael Granlund won't be traded from Minnesota barring gross overpayment and it would benefit both of them if they played in the same team. As I said, while Markus was a 2nd round pick, there are questions about his ability to raise his game to NHL level and he definitely needs at the very least two seasons before even having a shot at making an NHL roster.
Personally I wouldn't move Jbo unless it solves our center issue. Clutterbuck is a great third liner but we can't risk a top 4 defense of
Gio - Butler
Brodie - Babchuck

Either we need a top 6 centerman or a young centerman and a young defenseman.

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 06-14-2012 at 07:39 PM.
TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:48 PM
colchar
The Keon Curse Lives

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Eklund saying Philly and Montreal really interested in Jay Bouwmeester.

"The Flyers, Canadiens, Capitals, and Hurricanes all may have interest in Jay Bouwmeester".

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...s-Iggy/1/44944

A couple of weeks before the trade deadline Eklund said that the Leafs had got their man (a big time #1 centre) and that the deal was done, all that was left was to write it up and submit it to the league. Well we're still waiting for that one aren't we? Most of what I see from him is long on generalities and short on specifics. The guy has no credibility.

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Flames1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Subban probably.

Gorges possibly.

Markov? He can't even stay healthy for a week.
Huge Bias here, JayBo would daily be your best D-man. His Skating is elite, Subban may possibly be near that level but Gorges is far off.

Flames1217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:08 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
I've always liked Bouwmeester but if he doesn't care for the limelight in Calgary, he'll have a nervous breakdown in Montreal.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Huge Bias here, JayBo would daily be your best D-man. His Skating is elite, Subban may possibly be near that level but Gorges is far off.
I'd rather have JayBo than Kaberle but that's about it.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:58 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Hell no!!

The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is the last thing we need on the Philly blueline.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Avim86

Plekanec for Jay Bo /2nd , let Eller boom or bust.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:57 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Only if they take Gomez too in this deal.Pleks is still quite valuable to us.
J-Bow would end up being our # 4 behind P.K,Gorges and Markov.Hell Kab and J-Bow would end up fighting for the 4th spot.Just imagine having two Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in our lineup making that much money.
Pleks would be an overpayment.

Something around Kabs and the Preds 2nd rd pick for J-Bow sounds about as fair as it gets.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:00 AM
HighLifeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Not a chance.

At this point Plekanec is hardly an upgrade (if at all) on Olli Jokinen, who we could retain without giving up our best defender and a decent draft pick.

There is literally nothing on the Montreal roster that I would trade Bouwmeester for outside of Price, Subban or Pacioretty which is obviously not going to happen.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:06 AM
HighLifeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Only if they take Gomez too in this deal.Pleks is still quite valuable to us.
J-Bow would end up being our # 4 behind P.K,Gorges and Markov.Hell Kab and J-Bow would end up fighting for the 4th spot.Just imagine having two Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in our lineup making that much money.
Pleks would be an overpayment.

Something around Kabs and the Preds 2nd rd pick for J-Bow sounds about as fair as it gets.
Well since you posted this quote below in the Curtis Glencross to Montreal thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Will i guess his value to MONTREAL isn't that high since we are all laughing at what you would want for him. And since there is nothing else of interest on the Flames worth trading for i guess we are as good as done here.
I thought it would be fitting to end this thread by saying...

Well I guess Bouwmeester's value to CALGARY is far more than you assume it is seeing as we are all laughing at what you just proposed for him. And since there is nothing else of interest on Montreal worth trading for I guess we are as good as done here.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I'm sure he just plucked this rumour straight from me, when I was mentioning that the flyers "should" have a great deal of interest in JayBo

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:03 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
MTL fans, get over it. No one is taking Gomez in any deal. Unless you trade him to the Isles for DiPietro.

Comparing the JBo contract to the Gomez one is ridiculous. They are not even close.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:18 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I'm sure he just plucked this rumour straight from me, when I was mentioning that the flyers "should" have a great deal of interest in JayBo
haha yeah I remember just seeing that on the Flyers board and then the next day this is up.

I certainly wouldn't mind him at all on the Flyers. I am sure the player going back would have to be Schenn though if they are looking to pick up a center. I don't see Briere being traded or even him waiving his ntc. Outside of Briere the only center that could be traded with some salary is Schenn though I would hate to give up on Schenn's potential and grit. On the other hand the Flyers DO need a top D on their team.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:52 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
The Flames would have no problem taking salary back, that salary needs to be in the form of a top 6 center.
No one is giving a top6 forward for Bouwmeester, much less a center.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:05 AM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
No one is giving a top6 forward for Bouwmeester, much less a center.
...if Bouwmeester is available, yes - yes they would.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:20 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Convincing argument. I fail to see any time giving a top6 forward for a $6.7M cap hit #2-3-4 D with 0 playoff games under his belt after many years in the league. Top6 centres are the most sought after asset in the league, Bouwmeester isn't. They won't be involved in a 1v1 swap.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

I think its the intangibles that trouble people as much as anything else.
Huge salary, never been to the playoffs, he sounds to be lesser the bigger the games....

i thought he'd be a nice pick up for Ottawa despite his cap hit (or because ottawa could easily absorb it) and was then treated to a lengthy lecture from guys who watch him play a fair amount i guess, and they simply didnt want him on the team, regardless of the deal.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Convincing argument. I fail to see any time giving a top6 forward for a $6.7M cap hit #2-3-4 D with 0 playoff games under his belt after many years in the league. Top6 centres are the most sought after asset in the league, Bouwmeester isn't. They won't be involved in a 1v1 swap.
Warren Peters? He was at one point our #1 center last year.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Huge salary, never been to the playoffs, he sounds to be lesser the bigger the games....
This and compare his Corsi Rel with other top defensemen it simply does not come out favorably for JayBo.

Heck, he was 4th out of 5 Calgary defenseman playing at least 60 games last season.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...52+53+54+55+56

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
That doesn't mean you'll get anything in value in return. Bourque and Cammalleri are top 6 forwards, if you're happy with that kind of return, then yes, you can get a top 6 forward.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Don't have a dog in this fight, but for the record, he played tough minutes last year.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/11...ts_2011-12.pdf

Check out where he is on the Carlgary graph.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
The Jaybo of 4 years ago would have been our best d-man of today. However, Jaybo of today can not hold Subban's jockstrap. Subban had more points, hits, almost as many blocked shots, a better giveaway to takeaway ratio and a better +/- than Jaybo last season. Hooray, Jaybo has elite skating. He has nothing else compared to Subban. Oh, Jaybo does have a far worse contract at 6.68 million than Subban does.

Gorges is far better than Jaybo at everything other than scoring.

Markov is arguably better depending upon whether or not he is healthy. If he is healthy, Markov is better. If he is not healthy, Jaybo is better.

So, you want us to trade for a 6.68 million dollar #4 defenceman?? You better be taking some salary back, friend. Jaybo is #1 on your team. That does not make him #1 on every other team. In Montreal he would be second pairing at best. That is not what you spend 6.68 million dollars on. Gainey is no longer running this club, friend, go fleece some other sucker and learn a little something about a team before you trash its players. Jaybo would be our best defenceman with Subban "possibly near" him and Gorges is "far off". What a pathetic joke.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Bouwmeester can't even handle the pressure of Calgary. He'd be eaten alive in Montreal, and we don't want him anyway, not with that contract.

Shinsuke Nakamura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
The Jaybo of 4 years ago would have been our best d-man of today. However, Jaybo of today can not hold Subban's jockstrap. Subban had more points, hits, almost as many blocked shots, a better giveaway to takeaway ratio and a better +/- than Jaybo last season. Hooray, Jaybo has elite skating. He has nothing else compared to Subban. Oh, Jaybo does have a far worse contract at 6.68 million than Subban does.

Gorges is far better than Jaybo at everything other than scoring.

Markov is arguably better depending upon whether or not he is healthy. If he is healthy, Markov is better. If he is not healthy, Jaybo is better.

So, you want us to trade for a 6.68 million dollar #4 defenceman?? You better be taking some salary back, friend. Jaybo is #1 on your team. That does not make him #1 on every other team. In Montreal he would be second pairing at best. That is not what you spend 6.68 million dollars on. Gainey is no longer running this club, friend, go fleece some other sucker and learn a little something about a team before you trash its players. Jaybo would be our best defenceman with Subban "possibly near" him and Gorges is "far off". What a pathetic joke.
ah right the whole lets judge a defenseman based on stats argument.

Bouwmeester is not the same defenseman he was when he came to Calgary. Contrary to HF belief Bouwmeester developed into a defensive shut down defenseman while in Calgary. Just because his offensive stats dipped because of his role does not be all of his game stagnated. Anyone watching Bouwmeester game in and game out saw alot of progression in his defensive game.

Also note, that most of us do not want to trade Bouwmeester, only a handful of Flames fans do, they are also the same ones that trash Iginla at every turn.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
Bouwmeester can't even handle the pressure of Calgary. He'd be eaten alive in Montreal, and we don't want him anyway, not with that contract.
That fine, most of us have no desire to trade him.

Note the rumor is teams are going after Bouwmeester, not that he is being shopped.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote