HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holmvquist to Pensacola

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Holmvquist to Pensacola

Forgive me if I spelled the name wrong.

http://messageboard.tampabaylightnin...c&f=1&t=004372

Old
11-12-2003, 10:48 AM
petec1978*

vCash: 500
On the one hand... this is mega embarassing for the organization to have to send their prize d prospect to the ECHL. On the other hand... it's what is best for him under the circumstances.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-12-2003, 12:32 PM
exterminator-x

Wow. Must be the richest guy in all of the ECHL. His one-way $500k contract is a big hard to stomach with him playing on the Panhandle.

No one predicted this. Not HF, not Feaster... makes all those ruminations during pre-season about him grabbing 3rd pair minutes with the Bolts look a bit silly.

Maybe it's just a matter of getting his confidence back, and logging some top minutes, which he SHOULD be able to do with the Ice Pilots. If he was having a bit of culture shock and difficulties with off-ice adjustments, just wait until he gets a load of Pensacola. A wee bit different than Sweden. And just wait to those trips to Augusta, Columbus, and other southern highlights kick in. Welcome to America Andreas.

Hopefully, there will be some further news to report on why Holmqvist wasn't getting ice time in Hamilton. I've had some feelers out, and I'm hoping for the skinny soon.

Old
11-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Bolthed

I'm inclined to believe it was indeed something political or personal keeping him off the ice for Hamilton. I mean, he had a good camp and preseason for them, right? Maybe when he's got his mojo back in the ECHL, the Bolts will have called up Trepanier and a spot will open in Hershey for Holmes.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I was under the impression he was injured at the start of the season, as he never played. I went to one game where he played, and he didn't look very confident, and was shaky in his own end.

The Bulldogs are loaded with young prospects, and the coach has been playing the vets first, with the young guys being moved in and out of the lineup. With NHLers Dykhuis and Traverse getting a lot of ice time, and the duo of Beauchemin and Komisarek, who were a combinded +55 at one point last year, there's not much ice time for AHL vet Plante, rookie Cote, and Holmqvist.

Old
11-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Donga

I read something from Johan Nilsson, eliteprospects, earlier in the season say something to the extent that Holmqvist was on the brink of a break out season in the SEL and came to America a year too early. Sorry I can't find the link for yas atm.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Donga,
Yes, I remember writing something like that, I do think it was here on the boards though?

I still feel it is a shame he left this early, he was an average SEL player last season and it is my opinion that the Swedish players shouldn't leave Sweden before they are established stars/above average players.

Still, it is a major surprise to me that Holmqvist did not get a regular spot in the AHL. I expect him to tear up the ECHL (since the league is likely only a notch better than the Swedish 2nd-tier league, which he dominated 2 years ago).

Old
11-27-2003, 02:52 PM
BlackJack21

I was here gat some news on Andreas....

I got some. Not very good.

Somebody can tell me how I could have eard that i would take an earthqwake to keep Holmqvist out of th NHL this year?

It looks like it happened!

BJ21

Closed Thread