HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread 2012 II: Offseason Harder

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 02:33 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Exactly. Patience on the OEL train.

He's awesome, but I'm not selling forwards for young defensemen. Young defensemen are getting more and more unpredictable: Myers, Doughty was down for a bit, JJ is now meh, EJ seems to have gone belly-up offensively, Carle isn't racking up 60 points, Meszaros is lost at times, etc.

Defensemen are defined at 28-30 before you can declare them anything but "top 4."

I'm sticking to that model until proven wrong. So for now, no I don't throw around Schenn so lightly. Forwards are more predictable.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Schenn10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I like Schenn as much as the next guy, but let's not get carried away. Dustin Brown was incredible in the playoffs. Claude Giroux was incredible in the playoffs. Jonathan Quick was incredible in the playoffs. Schenn was good in the playoffs. I have full confidence in the kid and do not want to see him moved (unless for Weber), but let's not get carried away.
9 points in 11 games while throwing big energizing hits and not looking out of place defensively was extremely impressive to me coming from a 20 year old kid playing in the playoffs for the first time.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:43 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn10 View Post
9 points in 11 games while throwing big energizing hits and not looking out of place defensively was extremely impressive to me coming from a 20 year old kid playing in the playoffs for the first time.
I thought he stood out for the most part and was one of the lone brighspots in the the NJ series. One of few throwing his body against that frustrating team...

Old
06-15-2012, 03:18 PM
healthyscratch

Man, I can't wait for some trades/signings to happen. ANYTHING!!!!

Old
06-15-2012, 03:23 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Man, I can't wait for some trades/signings to happen. ANYTHING!!!!
And just like that, almost on demand...

Kevin Allen:
Predators' Anders Lindback traded to the Lightning. usat.ly/LaL8sv
4:21pm - 15 Jun 12

RT @mirtle: Full: Nashville gets two second-round picks, a third-round pick and Caron. Tampa gets Lindback, Kyle Wilson and seventh-rounder.
4:15pm - 15 Jun 12

Old
06-15-2012, 03:26 PM
hockeyfreak7

After thinking about it, I think the ideal move would be JVR+Bob+1st for the second overall.

I'd be more than fine if we did that. Then fill the remaining holes through free agency.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
And just like that, almost on demand...

Kevin Allen:
Predators' Anders Lindback traded to the Lightning. usat.ly/LaL8sv
4:21pm - 15 Jun 12

RT @mirtle: Full: Nashville gets two second-round picks, a third-round pick and Caron. Tampa gets Lindback, Kyle Wilson and seventh-rounder.
4:15pm - 15 Jun 12
USA Today:

"The Tampa Bay Lightning, looking to strengthen their goaltending, acquired 6-7 Anders Lindback from the Nashville Predators in exchange for minor league goalie Sebastian Caron, two second-round picks this year and a third-round pick next year."

Wow... what a haul for Nashville for their backup goalie (regardless of potential as a starter). Guess Tampa's out on Bob, not that they were ever in on him.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
After thinking about it, I think the ideal move would be JVR+Bob+1st for the second overall.

I'd be more than fine if we did that. Then fill the remaining holes through free agency.
And take Murray? Dumba?

Old
06-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

Yeah, you'd be fine with it... I doubt Columbus would be. At least they shouldn't be.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:43 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
And take Murray? Dumba?
Murray for sure, imo. But if Edmonton takes him, I dont think I could resists Yakupov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Yeah, you'd be fine with it... I doubt Columbus would be. At least they shouldn't be.
I dont think it's bad value for CBJ. They get a good, young goaltender, and they get a potential 30+ goal winger.

Dont over-estimate the value of a draft pick-- they tend to be extremely overrated around here. Not to mention, CBJ doesnt seem enthused with drafting Murray. They clearly want to build their D around JJ, so it makes sense that they'd shop the pick.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Voracek / JVR
Schenn
20th

Ryan
6th

This came up in an otherwise convoluted ANA-PHI thread. I suggested this as a counter-offer, and at least a few Ducks fans didn't hate it. I think we would need to add something else, but I'm not sure what. I suggested Mezsaros, with the Ducks adding a pick or prospect.

(Assuming it is Voracek)

JVR-Grioux-Ryan
Hartnell-Briere-Jagr
Simmonds-Couturier-Read
Wellwood-Talbot-Rinaldo

Draft Dumba or Murray--one of them is almost certain to be there at #6.

Thoughts?

Old
06-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Jray42

Quote:
Voracek / JVR
Schenn
20th

Ryan
6th

This came up in an otherwise convoluted ANA-PHI thread. I suggested this as a counter-offer, and at least a few Ducks fans didn't hate it. I think we would need to add something else, but I'm not sure what. I suggested Mezsaros, with the Ducks adding a pick or prospect.

(Assuming it is Voracek)

JVR-Grioux-Ryan
Hartnell-Briere-Jagr
Simmonds-Couturier-Read
Wellwood-Talbot-Rinaldo

Draft Dumba or Murray--one of them is almost certain to be there at #6.

Thoughts?
I'd like it a lot more if we took out Schenn and they took out the 6th, but I dont think Anaheim would

Im just not a fan of moving two of our forwards for another forward, although I do like Ryan.

JVR + 20th + ? for Ryan?

Old
06-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
I'd like it a lot more if we took out Schenn and they took out the 6th, but I dont think Anaheim would

Im just not a fan of moving two of our forwards for another forward, although I do like Ryan.

JVR + 20th + ? for Ryan?
In my opinion, there is absolutely no way to get Ryan without surrendering two roster forwards.

Anaheim's biggest need, long-term, is a 2C. Schenn is a must.

The advantage of this deal is that we come out of it with a top-6 pick as well.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Jray42

Quote:
In my opinion, there is absolutely no way to get Ryan without surrendering two roster forwards.

Anaheim's biggest need, long-term, is a 2C. Schenn is a must.

The advantage of this deal is that we come out of it with a top-6 pick as well.
If Schenn + JVR/Voracek are leaving, Ryan isn't the player we need coming back. We need a defenseman. If we can only get Ryan with two of those forwards, I'd certainly hope that we're not getting him.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Based on the actions of other teams/players, it hasn't been a good few days for the Flyers.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Based on the actions of other teams/players, it hasn't been a good few days for the Flyers.
Why would you say that. The trade for lindback is good news for the flyers. Chris Stewart signing for 3 million is also good news with Voracek to be signed.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Why would you say that. The trade for lindback is good news for the flyers. Chris Stewart signing for 3 million is also good news with Voracek to be signed.
Uhm, no it's not.

With Lindback in Tampa, there are pretty much no suitors for Bobrovsky, Tampa was realistically the only option other than Columbus.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
No one is giving that up for Bobrovsky, let alone there being one less potential suitor. Beyond that no one is going to trade for him to hand him the #1 job. It's basically come down to Toronto, Winnipeg, and Columbus, none of which will trade for Bob with the intention of making him any more than a platoon. Tampa traded almost 3 2nds, I'd be happy with 1.

Chris Stewart I find to be overrated, I'm not concerned about that.

Also, with Ryan Suter basically announcing that he won't be considering Eastern Conference teams, the options to upgrade on defense has resorted strictly to trades. At least there is no one left to trade draft picks just to talk to the agent.

Last edited by GKJ: 06-15-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old
06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
It is good news in so far as it sets a rough market value for Bob (though you need to sort out the various other pieces in that NSH-TB deal), but I'm really not sure who needs a goalie at this point.

I agree with your point re: Stewart, though I'm not sure how relevant he is as a comparable for Voracek. He's accomplished more in the past, but was absolutely atrocious this year. Both sides have a pretty compelling argument to set his example aside.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:51 PM
healthyscratch

@andystrickland: Badgers D-man and former Ducks draft pick Justin Schultz is expected to sign w. a Canadien club Leafs Canucks or Oilers

Old
06-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
@andystrickland: Badgers D-man and former Ducks draft pick Justin Schultz is expected to sign w. a Canadien club Leafs Canucks or Oilers
Canadiens would be a somewhat surprising choice.

I bet the Rangers as disappointed. I think they had hopes the McDonagh / Stepan axis would draw him there, freeing up MDZ as trade bait.

I don't think we were ever serious contenders for his services.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

The Flyers are in on any big college free agent, so the issue is whether Schultz is in on the Flyers. Schultz is going to have his pick of the litter, it's going to be more about what kind of situation he'd be most comfortable in. I felt from the beginning that it would be the Leafs since Brian Burke drafted him, maybe interested in Carlyle as a coach too.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:24 PM
G Money

i think our team is great all this we need D i'll tell u no d man on earth will help us our style is pure offence and i love it go watch the rangers or something if u wanna watch defensive hockey cuz i know i love watching our 3 goal comebacks i may have grey hair by 30 but hey its so entertaining to watch

Old
06-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
i think our team is great all this we need D i'll tell u no d man on earth will help us our style is pure offence and i love it go watch the rangers or something if u wanna watch defensive hockey cuz i know i love watching our 3 goal comebacks i may have grey hair by 30 but hey its so entertaining to watch
I beg your pardon?

Old
06-15-2012, 07:23 PM
lancer247

Bob to MINN?

With Harding leaving MINN thru free agency do you think Bob would be a good fit?
Backstrom is 34 y/o with one year left on his contract. Bob would have another year to develop but a chance to be a #1.

Flyers get Stoner or maybe Scandella

MINN get Bob +

Closed Thread